/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Resources and Drives: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Previous Thread:

Stop being like this, user.

You want me to stop existing?

....why are you namefagging here of all places.

Mox > Persis > Chalice

Nero occupies her own brory tier, somewhere beneath furfags

If anyone so much as said the word "clone" here I swear to god I'm going to groan in annoyance but ultimately remember that life is fleeting and death comes to us all, so it's not worth getting upset over and I should focus more on learning to be happy and bettering myself.

I keep forgetting this even has a mystery box.

>If anyone so much as said the word

If you suddenly hear the voices of your ancestors and see a bright light, please walk towards to.

Post them big cyoas with all the choices and numbers.

All shit

A mystery box with unfortunate implications

>implying my ancestors would have anything to say to me

Whenever I look at the bottom picture I always think she's got an ahegao before I realize she's just nibbling some chocolate.

I don't care what you fuckers say, I still like this one.

Who is best daughter and why is it all of them?

I feel like it's well done, it just doesn't personally do anything for me.

I don't care what the organization wants i am going to steal banks with sansa and sasha

My first OC
Plz no bully

I'm making Sasha stop bullying Sansa and give her tummy rubs.

Dad can go pound sand.

What the fuck's this?

i wanted to try and make something with my life

Some that user probably worked very hard on.
Don't be a turd and praise SDA for there being anything new in this thread at all.

space opera battle waifu. the title reads like it came out of a blender. nice layout though

>something*
Typing correctly is overrated

I know it's shit, but the little bit of encouragement to make this a week ago really pushed me too far

This particular type of CYOA has literally been done to death.

Waifu CYOAs are so fucking pretentious

Why do you people insist on making them

It's a rehash of some other cyoas, but it isn't completely shit so take that as consolation.

The (you)s honestly.

Pearl CYOA guy here again, still looking for help on making this work properly, since this will be mostly seeing usage over on /co/ I figure the rolling mechanism that will work best will be through Post Numbers, the problem being I'm not sure how best to divide up the numbers between all 60 Pearls because I suck at math(only thing I know for sure is that the 18 unlabled Pearls as well as Yellow Pearl and Powder Blue Pearl will be harder to roll for, and that the 3 Pearls from the actual show will be the hardest ones of all to get)

beyond that based on discussion from the last thread I talked about this in, here's the hypothetical format for the final product(since it'll be a multipager);

>First page tells the reader what the CYOA is about, both the instructions they need to follow for the CYOA properly, and a basic introduction into what a Pearl is(even though this will be mostly used on /co/ Steven Universe Threads where most people will be familiar with what a Pearl is, it's still not a bad idea to include some basic info)
>second page will be a gussied up version of the attached image, with the numbers needed to roll for them added on
>following this will be several pages acting as a sort of catalog describing each Pearl and their personalities and quirks(currently thinking it'll be either 5 pages of 12 Pearls each, or 10 pages of 6 Pearls each)
>final page will include some extra options for the player to choose from(inspired by a previous attempt at a Pearl CYOA, which I'll be posting after this post)

am open to positive input and advice

cause they're fun, don't really see why we need any other reason

pretentious? are you sure that is the word you want to use?

It's not bad, it gave me a boner but then again its basically a generic waifu builder with not much originality

>pearl /cyoa/
Get the fuck out.

>W.A.I.F.U.

Pretty sure he just went for a long word that sounded condescending and didn't think much about it.

Posting a new favorite

I'm glad you took the time! We need all the OC we can get.
>implying there's a cyoa that hasn't been done to death
Pretty sure he's shit posting.
Nobody move and he won't be able to see us.

>pic
You should make a Necromancer build for that guy. His disdain is fucking great.

and the earlier attempt someone else tried to do

don't see what the problem is

the hell did i do this time

>Following this will be several pages acting as a sort of catalog describing each Pearl and their personalities and quirks(currently thinking it'll be either 5 pages of 12 Pearls each, or 10 pages of 6 Pearls each)
user, it's one thing to make 60 different waifus and have people choose the one they like most. It's another thing entirely for you to have the player roll a waifu, and then search through several pages just to read a slightly different writeup for one of 60 different recolors, then care enough to go on to the last page to finish their build. I frankly do not believe you can possibly do it in any form that would be appealing. I suggest not doing this, at the very least in the format you have described.
However, /co/ has contracted a different form of autism, so it could theoretically work. But I would seriously consider prototyping it, and then trashing the current design if it turns out I'm right and no one cares enough to go through all of that.

A lot of your images are squashed, you need to crop better. Also, the premise is kind of silly. What exactly do they think you and your genetically engineered WAIFU can do better than any other soldier? Is it just that the two of you are now a hive mind?

reminder to not reply to SDA

Shut up and let me worship you, faggot.

I'm glad for you, user. Well done.

thanks for the free publicity

well it wasn't my original plan, but rather one suggested by another user a couple threads ago, seemed appealing to me at the time, but I can see why it could be problematic, so we'll see(honestly though I see the "Catalog" part to be an optional part of making this)

anyways this is all early days so I'm more than willing to change things as needed

Catgirl Paradise when

No ETA, to be honest. I expect to get a lot done this weekend, though. Could be as soon as this weekend, but no promises. I've still got a bunch of mechanics I that still need to solidify and figure out.

Right now I'm just in brain-dead mode because wageslave cuck and I only have 5 hours of me-time a day.

I'm just gonna post the full final version here before I go, since the previous thread has the old version near the top that I couldn't delete.

The philosophy circle jerk is over thankfully. Let the other cyoas get some light.

Ok, don't stress too much, if you are busy during weekend suddenly or hit a block, it happens. Rub your tummy until you feel better. Let this beautiful smile to nourish you.

gay cats

get a degree in space travel and go away

Why are we fighting mutant bears

I thought you said not to reply to me, user.

>itt. SDA has schizophrenia

>60 pearls
user no one needs that many wading bird waifus

>Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon been announced.
>Pokemon mainline title coming to the Switch been announced.
>PPP+ delayed and maybe never ever
Can't wake up.

It's very nice user, well done

Waifu builders aren't really my thing but yeah, this seems nice, good job.

Let's post some cyoas for a change

Can you survive this gauntlet of horrors

A Magi's Spark

Would have chosen A Dark God's Gift, but the 'dark god' is a total asshole.

>tfw there will never be a CYOA where you can go on adventures with Jugemu Jugemu Gokō-no surikire Kaijarisuigyo-no Suigyōmatsu Unraimatsu Fūraimatsu Kuunerutokoro-ni Sumutokoro Yaburakōji-no yabukōji Paipopaipo Paipo-no-shūringan Shūringan-no Gūrindai Gūrindai-no Ponpokopī-no Ponpokonā-no Chōkyūmei-no Chōsuke

shitty companions list

i would choose the battle bot and the benefactor for long term, and then ulysses and sally just to murder them, idc if i sound edgy

Djinn's wish

WAIFUS SUCK

FITE ME

You're right user.

>Curvy
>Taller than you
>Fair
>Huge
>Fertility Goddess
>Ponytail
>Blonde
>Sweet
>Tomboy, Lewd, romantic, kind, motherly, collected, charismatic
>skills
General and advanced general combat training
medical training
Acrobatics
melee weapon training
advanced melee training
spacecraft piloting
advanced spacecraft piloting
mecha piloting
vehicle piloting
strategy and tactics
survival skills
leadership
stealth training
>Takahashi Nadeshiko, Proxima city
>melee weapon (2 handed)
>Power weapon
>Medical equipment
>Combat drone
>Shield drone
>power armor
faraday plating
vaccum
customization
>armored, uniform, casual, lewd
>hovercraft
>corvette
>Armored frame
and then just give me a nice mix of crew with the remaining 3750 credits
>missions
evacuation
capture
planetary assault
fighter ace

Pretty fun OC overall user. It's not perfect, but I enjoyed myself enough. Very generous points, but that's better than being restricted with them

well that's the point, you roll to get one to call your own

Matte Green Pearl is Best Pearl

>Italics won't remake his comfy cyoas.

Only we're pants wrestling.

It's not bad but few things for the future:
No need to offer a choice for every body part/aspect of physicality, most people already have some image of their waifu and general physical characteristics. If those characteristics provide nothing but aesthetics, you can ignore them altogether. They may be even detrimental because what if there's no option an user would want? And if it doesn't matter anyway - what's the point? It doesnt' stimulate imagination much.

As mentioned, correct some imagex - they're stretched/squished. Were you using some CYOA maker template?

If you create handlers and other "NPCs" with some character, it'd do better for you to be able to choose some defining character traits for your waifu. Certainly it'd serve her better than inconsequential selection of butts.

Aside from the rare, rare, comfy/cute cases, some implied lewds are good for waifu CYOA.

Overall, the CYOA seems a bit neither here nor there with first few choices seemingly pointless. But as a very first attempt? Actually not bad. Think more about content and whether there's a point to it, correct a few aesthetic glitches and you're golden.

Tell me anons:
Where do we draw the line between CYOAs and guided wish fulfillment?
In my mind, a CYOA should have some sort of interesting premise which can easily
spark your imagination and at least hint at the possibility of failure.
I find myself bored when there's no danger or conflict of some kind in a CYOA, but I'm a sucker for a good comfy or waifu picker at the same time.
When exactly does a CYOA stop being a CYOA and what does it become when it does?