Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Cutemarchs edition

In the last thread a bunch of people had insufferable autism about a plastic army men game >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>Crimson King
www38.zippyshare.com/v/hT9jpwsK/file.html

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

>plastic
How dare you.

Plastic is the only sensible choice. I for one welcome our new Primaris Marine overlords.

Also REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that pic is mixing up Isis and Faith, AND whitewashed the hell out of Venus REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Friendly reminder that Salamanders have always been overwhelmingly portrayed with Caucasian features, mutations aside.

>Omegus

lol

Omegus and Alpharion, primarchs of the Beta Legion

But Magnus is already the Primarch of the beta legion.

A Curzefag made thread? This is too strange for me.

Alphabet and Omegle: Gene-sires of the Abba Legion

Lorgar was more of a beta than Maggie.

Horus was Alpha, everyone else was Beta as fuck.

> weak threads that barely linger to life
> namefags making the general
> same sad pathetic discussions
Truly /hhg/ is screwed. I blame the cowardly decision to stay as some 7.5 abortion instead of embracing 8th

Alpharius telling Horus to basically go fuck himself after Paramar was pretty alpha.

>b-b-but v-victory!

I think we can work it out.

Ethiopians are kinda like that.

super buttmad about how that was written. Even if it wasn't Alpharius actually dying you think he would've said something cryptic or nothing at all.

Some disbelieving muttering doesn't fit at all with the character.

That was Omegon.

On the subject of the Unbreakable Chain, what should I use to transport my Lernaean terminators, a Dreadclaw or a good old fashioned land raider?

I've been busy, and with the increased shitposting and less constructive anons these past few days, I haven't been overly concerned with contributing to the thread since it accomplishes nothing.

He mumbled something to Dorn that we couldn't here. Probably something like, "If you let Horus win, we'll attain true victory against Chaos! I know you haven't heard of Chaos yet, but let me expl-- argh!!! B-b-but... victory!"

>Even if it wasn't Alpharius actually dying
Are Alphafags still in denial? It was confirmed to be him.

Okay, real topic - lascannon javelins vs. missile launcher javelins. When are the former worth it?

TL Lascannon version: 65 points. 1 shot w/ reroll to hit, S9, can cause explode results.

TL Missile launcher version: 55 points. 2 shots w/ rerolls to hit, S8, no explodes.

They literally did everything possible to show it was him:
>Decapitated
>Body stayed with Dorn
>Warpsplosion
>Omegon's internal monologue confirms he's alone now.

I know. It's almost too obviously Alpharius.

You could say it's so obvious it's clearly a clever ruse.

Well I got to go to bed early for the road job. Good night.

how is what I said denial? I don't like that they killed him off (especially in such a punk ass way) but I'm not saying it wasn't him. Besides Omegon is more or less Alpharius anyway so it's not like anything changed.

I'm fine with them killing Alpharius off even if I didn't like how they did it. BL needs to remove both of the Primarchs for the Alpha Legion's actions to make sense in 40k. It's why I think Rob legitimately got Omegon on Eskrador.

I still wonder if Omegon is secret loyalist. I hope more comes of that. Too boring to have them just be straight traitors or working towards what the cabal wants.

It's like you guys forget Russ' first name was Leman. That could totally work, for a middle name maybe.

I go back and forth with it. I like them both going for different things (or even going completely alone/forming their own society) but I'm pretty sure they don't wholly work for anybody. I haven't read every Cabal related story but I'm pretty sure Alpharius ended that arrangement before he died.

If Omegon was secretly a loyalist then he's an incompetent moron. His legion is still attacking the Imperium 10,000 years later.

Anything can be a middle name.

Fuck it,We're Warhammer High General /WhHG/
now.

> If Omegon was secretly a loyalist then he's an incompetent moron. His legion is still attacking the Imperium 10,000 years later.

Maybe that's just part of the Alpha schism.

The Alpharius faction is still attacking the Imperium. While the Omegon faction is doing something to help the Imperium either behind the scenes or in the unknown parts of the galaxy.

I almost started a webcomic about teenage girl versions of the primarchs, partially inspired by WHH.

Almost.

Then I remembered I can't fucking draw.

Still like the ideas and stuff I had though. Suffering.

I'm still waiting for lewdhammer high.

>No tiny cut scars one remillia
Shit image
>She'll never get better
I made myself sad

>filename
Kek

He walked their representative out an airlock, "ended that arrangement" is putting it lightly

My main reason for not buying the whole "Alpharius was a cabal agent" thing 100% is that it relies on taking something Alpharius said at 100% face value.

In Deliverence Lost Alpharius's own internal monologue reveals he's committed to the Cabal plan. Although later in the book he does vent the Cabal representative.

Wasn't it also hinted in there that Omegon was responsible for why AL didn't suddenly create a billion marines and overrun everyone with emps' genetech?

Omegon had the Raptor DNA and he didn't do anything with it.

> tfw someone assumes that the Alpha Legion definitely did or did not do something.

See "committed to the Cabal's plan" is not necessarily the same as "loyal servant of the cabal". By going along with it (at least for a time) the Alpharius twins gain two things that they and the rest of the Legion value very highly, information and flexibility. I doubt that Alpharius would stick his head in the sand when some sketchy aliens came along and told him there was more to the galaxy than he'd been told, but its even more unlikely that he'd simply ACCEPT what he'd been told at face value. Going on missions given to him by the cabal lets him know what their after firsthand, letting him keep in finger in the metaphorical pie in a way he would have never been able too if he'd chosen to refuse the Cabal openly. The Cabal almost certainly knows better than to trust him outright, but even just telling him the bare minimum of what he'd need to do for them might have already given him enough to put things together that they never wanted him to. If Alpharius wanted to re-defect from the Cabal and turn on them, where could he ask for a better position to damage them then as their most notable military asset?

Not saying it was The Plan All Along of course, but its hard to see Alpharius not knowingly choosing the way that would leave him with the most options in the long term.

Omegon strikes me as the more secretive of the Alpharius twins, you can hardly expect him to show his hand so soon and so blatantly as pumping out a bazillion space marines right off the bat. Personally I like the idea that the most overt thing he did with it was set up some spooky ass experimental laboratories in quiet little corners of the galaxy and seeing how much he could do with it before deciding how best to put his looted primarch project goodies to use.

I had never seen this pic at this resolution. Where is this from?
Thus you need more namefags :^)
jk

I like that book, but man that passage shows how autistic Perturbo is.

I know that's his first name, but I'm not calling my son "Lemon", not matter how green he may be.

3.5 Codex I think. Possibly Imperial Armor.

That's not autism, user, that's bitterness and jealousy.

It's originally from the Index Astartes: Iron Warriors, from Third Edition, before the glory days of 3.5 hit.

Also, regards more namefags: ^.^
jk, I'll go back to anonposting soon enough

One could argue that part of the character of the primarchs, what makes them interesting, is their flaws - in the case of more than a few, their (possible) autism. I ain't saying they're cute or any such shit cause of it (don't wanna trigger Curzefag) but it is part of their character. My main love of that excerpt is the reference to the artwork, tho.

>lemon
>green
user, I...

This would actually fit with the Legion's fluff too. Each unit of Alpha Legion marines was said to be capable of operating on its own without any commands. If there was any schism at all, each cell would continue its work in secret without alerting the others.

>he could do with it before deciding how best to put his looted primarch project goodies to use
He held the capacity to bolster the Alpha Legion's power to absurd levels. Imagine if they churned out Raptors like the Raven Guard but on a massive scale. They could have had anything they wanted but no, instead they both chose to do nothing with it and get chopped up like jobbers.

got it from one of the WD scans in the mega. Just kind of go through them at random and screenshot any artwork I like.

It's a long story :^)

you know, back when 40k had good artwork done by artists and not Blizzard runoff.

Everyone agrees the Perturabo Primarch novella was pretty damn good yeah?

Makes me look forward to reading Dark Imperium and w/e Guy does next.

> looking forward to Dark Imperium
I... wouldn't. It's pretty crap. Trust us on this, user.

From what I've heard it sounds pretty good if you accept that it's partially just a commercial for Primaris marines. Cawl being a """borderline""" heretek who Guilliman is considering offing seems like a fun twist.

DAMMIT

The commercial bit I totally get and Haley even admits as much in the BL blog they posted today.

>super buttmad about how that was written
We all are, user. Alpharius within, Omegon without.
I always thought that was Inigo Pech. Especially because the actual attack was masterminded by Dynat
Thanks. Have a meme pic I never got around to post

I loved Praetorian of Dorn.

Dorn finally gets to show why Emps trusted him with the defense of Terra.

Turns out it was because of the fleet, rather than because of actual fort-building skills?
Btw hello there, Mr. French, you irredeemable fistfag.

Praetorian of Dorn consists Terra and the Fists getting completely BTFO until Alpharius suddenly decides to willfully toss it all away in the last act. It's really not an impressive showing from the 7th.

A while ago I saw a facebook link on hhg. Hammer of Olympia page, Pert's sister calling Pert an autistic asshole scene. Anybody has a link?

Wrong. Dorn was capable of deducing what was going on and out-rusing the Ruse Legion. He knew how Alpharius would act, including trying to show off and ostentatiously prove himself better than Dorn.

>My main love of that excerpt is the reference to the artwork, tho.
Oh, me too. I recognized the picture it was talking about immediately when I read that, and smiled.

>bitterness and jealousy
The thing is, if that piece of artwork were really named as such, then it's certainly not about glorifying the Fists, even though they have a flag in the background. But rather focusing on the sacrifice of the Iron Warriors.

>tfw had a Black Crusade character who was this
>they were a Renegade who were pissed off that the Legion had 'forgotten their way', and instead ran around acting like regular Chaos shits
>his long-term goals were to bring all Chaos Marines in line with 'proper' Alpha Legion methods
Pity that game never really got going.

Nothing I said was wrong. The Alphas completely skullfuck Terra before Alpharius decides to face Dorn on equal footing in single combat. The XX have never been about that. Alpharius could have wired the doorway he KNEW Dorn would be coming through with non-lethal explosives or some sort of disabling device and still get the chance to gloat and make his point. They just decided to turn him into an idiot. Alpharius has never been one to accept a fair fight.

>it's certainly not about glorifying the Fists, even though they have a flag in the background. But rather focusing on the sacrifice of the Iron Warriors.
It rather feels as an in-universe: "is it too much to ask for artwork of loyal IWs kicking ass?"

this thread belongs to the Alpha Legion.

Rolled 19 (1d20)

Curzefag never rolled the dice, so let's see.
2 and 11 are Mortals and Mechanicum, respectively.

Well there we have it. We, the Raven Guard, will take care of the thread now :^)

>I have to be stealthy
>better paint my armour black and bring my giant shield

>implying all threads don't belong to the Alpha Legion
even the non-40K ones
I guess we know which side you're on, Brother.
But seriously, which side are you on? This shit gets confusing sometimes.

You know what, you're right. It's something that just won't happen. I recommend you train for anything but infiltrating Breachers, since they are a squad that can't do that. Don't train against that, it'll be lost time.
Kek, silly mortal

That book convinced me there is no hope for BL. Making twins, the cabal, then have alpharius just dying for no real reason.Trying to make dorn, who has been shit on so many times in other BL books look good.So yes it was alpaharius for sure 100% yes. No mystery allowed. Leaving omegon who is a total faggot who shouldnt exist.

Alpha legion are irrevocably JUST'D at this point

best primarch and legion coming through
>fuck you loyalists

more like faggiest primarch lmao

After Fulgrim and Angel Exterminatus I probably dislike Fulgrim the most out all the Primarchs. He's just a selfish teamkilling fucktard with literally zero redeeming qualities.

you mean prettiest
yeah but that's why I love him the story of the legion's fall is near poetry I love it and fulgrims insanity is also great

>tfw you the "duelist" primarch, but you can't duel a phantom titan

Make way for the CHAD

sang is just a bitch with wings hmph

>the "duelist" primarch
That would be Jaghatai "BL authors accidentally made him great at everything" Khan.

I still can't believe how much Fulgrim reminds me of Griffith, they both fucked over their bros out of daemons and stuff, except i'm not quite as sure that Ferrus had a girlfriend or a desire for revenge after that, they both also became demon assholes who lead fucked up armies.

>Ferrus had a girlfriend or a desire for revenge after tht
Ferrus' girlfriend was mankind because he was that based.

Didn't he fight a Keeper of Secrets? How did that go?

Did Fulgrim slowly rape humanity before he and that demon chopped Ferrus's head off.

MkII bikers when? I want to make some White Scars but I'll drink bleach before I convert that many riders.

kek I also love griffith I have a thing for pretty angelic like people falling from grace. also they are just so COOL

Traitors can't be in the running for best primarch because the best people don't have to purge their men in hideous betrayals or let demons make them kill their best friends. He did have the best sense of aesthetics however.

we are PERFECT

Jaghatai "
>the most fierce like Angron, Russ, and the Khan
>the most dangerous with a blade like Fulgrim and the Khan
>the most tactically cunning like the Lion and the Khan
>the most human like Roboute, Corax, and the Khan
" Khan cut it to pieces.

Wasn't a lot of that his own marines jacking him off? It would make sense for them to see him like that. I know he had a close fight with Mortarion with him coming out the victor, but I doubt he could take on the likes of Angron and Sanguinius.

>Wasn't a lot of that his own marines jacking him off?
Not really. At the start of the series Jaghatai was a blank slate with no fluff so different authors kept offhandedly including him when they were listing Primarchs who were especially skilled at things. Thus they inadvertently made him the ubermensch.

You WERE almost perfect.
Pride is a hell of a drug. Coincidentally so are the other drugs you ruined your bodies with.

can't hear you over the NOISE

I get to share my collection then.