Dark souls the board game

I got a chance to play it for the dirst time today. This game is fun, tense and very very hard. It plays like dark souls. You explore a bit levelingng up and getting new equipment untill youre ready to take on a boss.

but how are the figures
i only want it for the figures

Theyre pretty great. Had a couple fixable problems. My dancer wasnt connected to the stand and a couple of swords were bent. Getting them out for pics now

I've seen videos of the game being played. The figures seem good and fairly big though they're not pre-painted.

Thief

Warrior

Knight and herald

All classes and gargoyle with a quarter for scale

Thanks for posting, really appreciate it

All of the models exept the dancer and the outrider whos hand just broke off... vut tjats the end of my dump unless you want close ups of any other minis

Forgot image and fuck my spelling.

Did it come with a free fidget spinner?

I like it. Painted up all my minis, which makes them look at looooot better. Looking forward to painting the rest when the next wave happens.

Maybe one of these days I'll even get off my ass and writeup some of the bosses for Kingdom Death.

It's soooooo loooong...

Literally why. Were you just playing a game with yourself to come up with an excuse to post about fidget spinners?

Worse than promised, yet better than expected.

I give them credit where credit is due. They honestly tried to recapture the style and feel of dark souls progression and combat.

That they succeeded in that as much as they did is actually pretty commendable. The flip side of that is that grinding in a video game is a necessary evil, but grinding in a board game loses its charm pretty quickly.

This is easily solved. My group just auto-forwards past any encounter we have already beaten twice, under the assumption that if we could beat it twice before and we have leveled up since, there isn't any real expectation that we will lose it to anything other than protracted shitty luck, so lets just grab the souls and skip tot he fun part. Its technically cheating, but it shortens games enough that we can play it after work without going too late, so I'm willing to bare it.

I for one enjoyed it, I played to gargoyles once with my roommate then restarted with a 3rd friend and got to just before Biggie Smalls before we called it a night. I'll say while you're grinding it gets to the point where it's super repetitive with 0 chance of failure against the mooks (we were running knight, warrior, and herald) so we just handwaived it to save time and sanity. While the mooks get to the point where we were curb stomping them the bosses were super fun and techy and actually required careful planning and positioning but the rewards for just rushing the boss seemed lackluster at best as if you really should just grind it out to your last ember before going for the boss. As for the models over all I liked them except the warrior and thief models which had their shields fused to their torsos and I hate the pose on the Dancer since it looks like she's about to faceplant. The treasure system, while on one hand is a total crapshoot is pretty fun and there's a lot of ways you can build your character which i liked.
TL;DR
It's enjoyable but not without faults, and is a good way to get your normies to play a boardgame that isn't too laden down with rules and a familiar ip with pretty decent minis too boot

What's with the fidget spinner hate anyway? I use one to help me concentrate, but I feel like people judge me for it. It actually does help me focus way better

The problem with skipping grind lile that is you almost always take a bit of damage on the way to the boss. And by skipping it you basically aviod several points of damage unless you somehow played those rooms flawlessly

Because no-one cares.

Would you recommend this or Kingdom Death? Money is not an issue.

Because its basically ascended to meme status and this thread has nothing to do with them. So bringing them up is annoying

He's implying both items appeal to the same audience.

As someone that owns both, Kingdom Death 100%. Dark Souls is a fucking grindy slog without any of the fun or depth of KDM.

I think you missed a rather important rule, user.

Check the page on Ending an Encounter again. If you beat the encounter, everyone removes all black and red cubes from their endurance bar.

Essentially, your health bar resets after every fight. Damage doesn't carry over between encounters. The only things that might conceivably affect future fights are flipping your luck, estus, or class ability. But if you beat the fight twice before already, you shouldn't reasonably have to use any of those anymore anyway.

So skipping past encounters after the second time really does just save you time.

Fun the first few times but gets repetitive as fuck after that. 6/10

Thanks user. That would have helped me the game I just played. By the way i cant seem to find the rules for magic. Like do you need a staff to cast soul arrow?

Assasin, the thief comes out this fall probably.
you treat all spells as weapons as of now so as long as you meet the requirements listed on the cards you can use them. this might change when the sorcerer and pyromancer get added.

Acrobat.

So in the 2nd game I played. We fucked up some rules. The healer fell asleep. And it seems that the assassin is the best class as they start with 2 dodge dice.

Here is my painted up version of bling boy and his boyfriend

Thats cool. Could you get a side shot of ornstien with better lighting?

Good work on the eyes buddy

They are at my gfs but she's at work
Thx

Im a shit photographer and I dont care enough to get someone else to do it for me.

>hand just broke off
That's not very reassuring.

To get good "fantasy" glowing red eyes instead of electronic look for scifi, I base coat the eye with khorne red. Then put a layer (thin) of blood for the blood god over it. Is it proper idgaf but I like it.

>I use one to help me concentrate
This is an 18+ website

Played all team configurations and I gotta say 2 players maximum is the best. 3-4 becomes a swampy grindfest.

In the end single player is best. Just like the vidja.

Getting proper gear seems both luck based and immensely important for enjoyment.

In Dark Souls every time is Durst time
ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN'

Nice try SF, your game sucks.

KDM is so far superior there is really no comparison.

They do help people with attention issues, a lot like Ritalin. And also a lot like Ritalin, shitty parents started giving them to their shitty kids because asking little Timmy to stop yelling at the dinner table is hard. Unlike Ritalin, however, fidget toys (including spinners, cubes, etc.) don't force the kids that don't really need them to stay quiet and on-tasks, and instead the kids spend more time goofing off, showing off their toys, and being huge douchecannoes with them. My school had to ban them, which is a shame because I have two students that actually benefited from them, but after someone chucked their spinner like a shuriken at another student, we implemented a no-tolerance policy.

>tl;dr your attention aid was co-opted by spoiled brats, so now people assume you're a soiled brat.

Uhm... those are spacr marines

Played it at work with my boss an a couple of coworkers.

Definitely fun, but not everyone's cup o' tea.

The time to complete given on the box is a load of bullshit, though, and fitting everything back in is a little challenging.

I have a couple of issues with the relative difficulty of encounters to bossfights. You can basically auto-battle encounters but bossfights will wreck you almost instantly unless you've got high tier equipment/weapons.

I honestly don't care since all I wanted were the figures and they didn't disappoint. I'm getting into mini painting for them and I've been having a blast.

The trick to bosses is to hit them in the weak spot so you can do and extra die of dmg. Having a herald with a heal miracle helps alot