TEMUR BTFO EDITION

Also, other things happening.

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-06-17-black-red-control/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-06-17-EAq-temur-ramp/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/haste-with-burn/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>mfw marvelfags got hit twice

How will marvelfags recover? How does it feel to have to scurry to sell your worthless deck to people who don't want anything to do with it?

So what replaces uncaged fury in pummeler decks when it rotates out?

Is Frontier going to become the home for banned Standard decks?

For everyone who thought wizards had any fucking clue how to make their game, I think 5 banned cards in standard says it all.

Only copter and cat needed bans

You're bad if you disagree

There's some dumb part of me that wants to find a way to use Zulaport and cat tokens just so I can say I'm playing BW Aristocats

Is there a place where comprehensive deck matchup spreads are shown? The data is obviously being mined as demonstrated by mtg goldfish and mtgtop8, but I just can't seem to find anything beyond which decks are being played more.

Emrakul was fucking dumb, and Marvel with Emrakul would be even more busted.

I agree that Marvel and especially Reflector Mage didn't need bans.

I just want cat tribal to be good, we need a 3 drop white cat that is a threat and we will be good to go honestly.

Does banning Marvel allow for Emrakul to come back, or is Emrakul busted on its own?

Emrakul was fine because even with the cost reduction from Delirium decks she would still cost around 8-9 mana. Cheating in Emrakul with Marvel on turn 4 was not. Marvel should have been hit from day one, not Em.

How many more times does it need to be said that Marvel was the problem? A card that constantly churns out value who's only limitation is on how big the bombs are in the deck? A card that forces the opponent to do nothing but sit there and hope you whiff because nobody can play around all the possible threats, not to mention that Marvel can be activated AT INSTANT SPEED, essentially blanking any and all artifact removals. Ramp/Delirium decks Em turn 8/9+ is fine. Marvel casting Em (Emphasis on cast) is not.

Post cat deck

reprint brimaz

Could use suggestions on my Black/Red Control deck.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-06-17-black-red-control/

The main deck feels pretty good to me (yes even the foxes), but am open to suggestion. Sideboard feels more iffy, the Siphoners and Transgress feel locked in, but the rest is up for grabs.

Should I build mono black zombies or RG Pummeler?

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-06-17-black-red-control/
>control
>no gearhulks

what budget garbage can i cheat out in modern? i had 3 marvels sitting in my trade binder but just want to brew with them now as they're tanking...

You rather I call it midrange?

well considering you're not even in blue...

Cruel Ultimatum is some inexpensive jank.
Or you could try to optimize the mtg goldfish infinite marvel spins deck.

Don't need blue to be control.

See: Mono Black control, R/W control (sometimes referred to as R/W prison)

Pummeler.

2nding the vote for pummeler

Can event decks come back lads?

I used to buy event decks and then upgrade them with 50 bucks. Maybe they'll come back better... I-I hope?

Thanks, I have more pieces for zombies but it looks like a lot of them are gonna rotate out in the fall.

you've got glorybringers in your sideboard. put them main. don't resist it, just go aggressive, those colors can do that really well now.

Also, how do I go about learning to make decks. It seems a daunting task.

Pretty sure event decks and intro decks got replaced with the planeswalker decks. Regardless a lot of those event decks cost less to build from singles than to buy whole. Better off building your whole deck from scratch.

Pick a strategy, make up a list of cards that follow that strategy. Fuss with the curve. Proxy it up and test with friends.

They don't have to sell shit. Temur energy, a very similar list, is meta playable. They just shift from control-ish to midrange-ish.

About to wind up with a bit of extra dosh and wondering whether I should tweak this super budgety deck or buy into a new deck altogether. What would you crazy kids add to this deck now that I can add some cards that are actually good to it?

That implies frontier is still around.

well for starters, make it BW at least. access to way more efficient and valuable tools. even with two colors you can throw some westvale abbeys in the mix. also maybe some heralds of anguish?

Can you explain the foxes
And what's your plan against b/r control?

I'm trying to build a ramp deck with ulamogs. Can anyone give me an idea, what the framework should look like?

Temur energy with some kozilek's return

Thanks. Is bounty of the Luxa considered a bad card? I also thought about including Weaver of Currents, Amonkhet Nissa and Void Winnower

I personally think it's great to have it on the board, but it doesn't impact the board at all when you drop it and it's rare that you can drop whatever you want on turn 4. It would help a ton if there were manadorks in standard to help you drop it on turn 3.

wouldn't Servant of the Conduit, Channeler Initiate, Druid of the Cowl, Naga Vitalist or Ulvenwald Captive help with that?

Yeah but 2-mana managuys are kinda underwhelming for the rest

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-06-17-EAq-temur-ramp/

Any tips?

Are there any sites that archive ranks for Magic players by tournament/state/year or anything? Specifically wanna see who was number 1 in my state for standard during Zendikar

>Marvel got banned while Emrakul didn't get unbanned
Why

Oh man hes just so goooood, won me so many vintage cubes on MTGO

I think Emrakul could have been a very good and very balanced card if the "Control of Turn" was an ETB effect AND/OR protection from instants was Indestructible. There could have also been some actual graveyard hate that would slow it down. Emrakul was just too good for the environment because there were no good clean answers, and it enable midrange decks to dominate control decks.

There's a colourless graveyard hate in Amonkhet and yet my baby still didn't get unbanned

Try wayback machine

are you a goddamn retard?

Foxes just do a bit of everything. Against aggro they gain me a bit of life and either trade with a dude or chump to gain me more life and a card. Against control, they never want to counter or waste removal on them so they chip in damage until they are removed and draw a card. They help offset the live fast since I have no other lifegain and in some matches are flashing it back with dark-dwellers. There have been times I needed the life and Liliana resdurrects the fox. Fox is also 2 card types towards delirium for to the slaughter, which while rarely relevant is still a thing.

They are just all around a solid card, that while not game breaking fills a hole.

Against U/R control game 1 is fairly poor if you draw too much removal, but the plan is to draw cards with live fast and run them out of counters with threats they have to handle. If a Chandra, Ob or Dark-Dwellers lands youhopefully pull ahead in cards. Game 1 isn't great, but g2/3 you take out pushes, Lightnings, suns, for siphoners, transgress, glorybringers and they normally don't have enough to counter every turn when your dead cards are gone.

>bounty of the Luxa
It's great in limited and EDH, but not that good in standard. I'd rather have a straight-up ramp stick or a straight-up draw stick instead of the card.

You are bad if you think a t4 combo that can be disassembled t3 was a problem, you standardshitter

do you want B/G to run the game at the same level marvel did?

since marvel is dead post control lists

Is RG Energy my cheapest good option to get into standard with?

By rg energy do you mean pummeler?

Yeah.

>Bounty of the Luxa
Don't think you can dump your garbage on EDH boy.
If you could add/remove multiple counters to get the benefit, sure, but as it stands it's garbage in everything but Limited.

Oh, nice. Yea user it's fucking dope.

Ayy repping the rakdos
I too play these colors but aggro. I say u should use those glorybringers cause they win games.
Check out my deck
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/haste-with-burn/
Suggestions would be appreciated, recently i took out 2 aether hubs.

Also any suggestions for making a new deck? Im thinking either RG pummeler cause I used to have an energy deck, or monoblack zombies, maybe even WB zombies. I dont really know how i would go about making one though. My budget is like 100

4 Color Control

Instant - 24
--------
4x Censor
3x Essence Scatter
1x Negate
2x Disallow
3x Glimmer of Genius
2x Pull from Tomorrow
2x Unlicensed Disintegration
4x Fatal Push
3x Harnessed Lightning

Enchantment - 2
-------
2x Cast Out

Sorcery - 4
-------
2x Sweltering Suns
1x Fumigate
1x Yahenni's Expertise

Creatures - 6
-------
3x Glorybringer
3x Torrential Gearhulk

Lands - 24
-------
3x Spirebluff Canal
3x Fetid Pool
3x Canyon Slough
4x Aether Hub
4x Irrigated Farmland
3x Concealed Courtyard
1x Plains
1x Mountain
1x Swamp
1x Island

Sideboard - 15
-------
2x Negate
1x Kefnet, The Mindful
1x Glyph Keeper
2x Gideon's Intervention
1x Unlicensed Disintigration
2x Cast Out
1x Watchers of the Dead
2x Renewed Faith
2x Forsake the Worldly
1x Consulate Crackdown

Thoughts? Considering dropping a Push and a dragon for 2 of the 3drop gideons to help manage the board and start a slightly earlier clock. any other ideas greatly appreciated, I've been building and testing for a few weeks now and I think i'm close.

standard is DED I guess

Im pretty new to deck building.
4 colour control looks cool. But I feel like without ramp or fetch you're gonna have a lot of cards dead in your hands a lot of the time.

In a year and a half from now? Who knows?

It wouldn't.

Do you prefer uncaged fury over larger than life? Why or why not?

Is Black Zombies fun?

Some guy at my LGS runs a mono blue list. Don't have a decklist for you though. I can tell you that it is good.

It'd have to be engulf the shore/gearhulk with tons of counterspells. Drake haven is too low tier.

Tfw still playing Mardu vehicles

To add to that, is it worth building with Innistrad rotating relatively soon?

Why is it not called "Cardu"

>Is it fun?
Of course, you win most your games and get to use cryptbreaker who is always fun.
>worth building with SOI rotating?
Absolutely not UNLESS you are wanting to use it competitively so you can make your money back then think you can also drop the deck quick.

Pummeler is probably cheaper than zombies and more future proof since the expensive zombies are rotating soon.

Your deck seems to have a lot of 1 ofs. Try to see which of the cards fits the strategy better and stick with that. For creature suggestions siphoned is very good for me, but I have live fast, harnessed lightning and Aether hubs that make him pretty much a draw every turn, so your mileage may vary.

Are all 4 colors really necessary?
In my legs everything but BG gets boardwiped by Sweltering suns, and what's left over can be hit by harnessed lightning. I feel like the consistency of 2 colors can't be overstated. If you did need to branch out, why not just add white, you don't seem overly committed on black cards besides fatal push.

I run two Largers and one Uncaged, dropped the harnessed down to two. Larger is nice pummeler fuel but Uncaged is both a combat trick and a damage boost; pop an Uncaged on the brawler and you have ten damage out of nowhere, pop it on cub and you get twice the energy.

Don't listen to this scrub user, just stick to what Dev told you to build ;)

Because all deck names are passed down to us peasants on stone tablets from the WotC creative department on the mount.

I run a playset of uncaged fury and 2 larger than life

Wait shit did another card get banned.

Ah marvel. Neat.
I don't see why they did not go with pair bannings though (not for marvel of course. That card just needed a straight ban)

Fuck that's perfect.

>That card just needed a straight ban
No it didn't. It's not hard to play around.

I've played against at least two monoblue decks recently, one that ran engluf the shore and a bunch of mill and loot stuff (which was awful) and one that was gearhulks + jace (which was also pretty meh)

still no idea what those lists are but they seem not good.

my LGS is pretty damn competitive, I think there's one other person besides me who is regularly there who doesn't just build on-meta decks but still tries hard.

as a result pretty much every deck I see can have dudes that survive sweltering suns when I'd really want to use it, which is why I like the destroy effects (and why I have yahenni's expertise desu, it may be 2 cards but turn 4 doing effectively 6 damage to the whole board really startles some people who thought that because they got a pumeller and a hydra to resolve or something they are going to ez win. it isn't even that good a combo but it leads to scoops like none other), OR is a very tuned UR control list.

I thought it was the home for shops with too much khans lying around

RDW or Pummeler bandwagon?

there's a neat red/black deck I've seen people at my shop running with bomat couriers, bloodrage brawlers, and alms of the vein, unlicensed disintegration, and a few other low creatures. seems to get under a lot of decks

I think I saw a variant of that with flameblades. Sort of a pseudo hell-bent deck?
I'm tempted to run it just to run that Gravecrawler Jackal

yeah I think at least one has flameblade in the list. for something super spicy you can also put bone picker in, since he'll be a one drop most of the time (either through sacing bomat courrier, or from the grind of the game normally)

Sounds fun. Maybe I'll give that a shot. Always preferred Rakdos to Gruul

>Just play around t4 ullamog lul

>it is literally impossible to hold mana and cast a counterspell on marvel

>not winning turn 3 with pummeler and voltaic brawler

>Just counter it

>Just ward his jungle

Wondering what I'd drop for bonepicker here. And yes, this is pulled basically straight from goldfish because I need to relearn to deckbuild

I happen to live in Vegas. Is there a point to dropping by the convention center to spectate the grand prix games?

Is that a fucking lightning bolt?

I'd drop the Ravenous bloodseekers

Think there's enough discard without them?