Who is your favorite dnd diety?

Who is your favorite dnd diety?
Why?

I've gotta admit, its Illmater for me. He suffers so that others don't have to. That's something anyone can look up to.

Olidammara. I've always been a real sucker for trickster gods, but what really sealed the deal was when a player of mine wanted to play as a serious Cleric of Olidammara after reading that he didn't have any dedicated churches or solid religion.

I decided to let him... but Olidammara decided to entertain himself with his devoted cleric and basically fuck with him whenever it wasn't life or death, using his loyalty to pull Shit like making his character glue his ass-cheeks together using Sovereign Glue.

Pelor is a pretty cool god

>anything but Kelemvor

i have always been partial to Tyr God of justice, even have a paladin dedicated to him

Anyone like Aasterinian?

Fharlanghn

ME OF COURSE! HAHAHAHA

Who /kurtulmak/ here?

fuck garl glittergold btw

Helm the LN god of guards, townwatches, and other assorted protectors law enforcers.

Saint Cuthbert is my homeboy. He's a Lawful Neutral god whose idea of "good" is to beat the evil out of people with a flanged mace. He doesn't get much love, but he represents the average person to such a degree that he's quite literally the god of common sens. Plus, he was the deity of my first ever role-playing character: a high elven cleric that had gotten fed up with the passivity of his people and joined the armies of a nearby human kingdom. The Cudgel will always be one of my favourites and fondly remembered for this reason alone.

Eilistraee, Lady Silverhair, The Dancing Goddess of Song, Goodness, Hope, Art, Swordwork, Harmony, Hunting, Moonlight, Happiness, and Beauty. The patroness and protector of the few dark elves who wishes to return to the surface and live there, at peace with other races, and to abandon the endless conflicts and intrigues that dominates the lives of most drow.

A dark elf of extraordinary beauty, with long, strong, graceful limbs, a glossy, obsidian-dark skin and ankle-length hair, which are of a glowing silvery hue; her appearance to mortals inspires utter awe and astonishment (as expected from a goddess), as well as deeper emotions: those who contemplates her could feel as if they had found the answer to all that their soul longed for, but upon her leaving, they would experience a feeling of deep loss, or even desolation, though only for a brief time.

Despite having to overcome many hardships and setbacks, Eilistraee never gave up fighting for her people. She is a generally melancholic goddess (in great part because of the suffering of her people, the drow), but she still tries her best to spread joy, create and nurture beauty, show kindness, and make life flourish.

She's pretty much the Virgin Mary of d&d.

Would accept and love from the bottom of my heart. Also Eldath, Illmater, Lliira, Corellon and Yondalla.

Also my favorite. I also like the moon gods from dragonlance and nonevil magic gods in general.

I change my answer, I forgot about how rad Fharlanghn is.

Pic related is how I paladin of Fharlanghn.

Evening Glory is awesome. In my game her High Priestess was the lich equivalent of an eccentric aunt who was a little out there but mostly good natured.

Submit!
The creator of the dragonkind and all thing.

Does Yeenoghu count as a deity?

Malar4lyfe

The final ritual every follower who survives long enough must pay to her is absolutely sublime and heart-wrenching at the same time.

"The Last Dance: Those among the clerics of Eilistraee who did not die in battle were blessed by Eilistraee with the ritual of the Last Dance. In old age, Eilistraee's priests would hear the goddess sing to them by night, calling them to her. When the song felt right, they would simply start to dance under the moonlit sky, unclad and would never be seen again. Those who observed such dances said that the goddess came and singed to her follower, and that as the aged priest danced, he would gradually gain the strength and energy of youth, looking younger and younger. His hair began to glow with the same radiance as the Dark Maiden's, and then he would slowly fade away as the dance goes on. In the end, only a silvery radiance could be seen and two voices -the goddess and her priest- could be heard, raised together in a melancholic, tender song of pure beauty..."

Demon lord.

Still my favorite.

The only diligent member of a race that's perpetually lazy and lacking ambition; he deserves to be an exception.

Creator of Strife out of Kingdoms of Kalamar if for just one thing: his divine focus is an impossible triangle manifested in the material plane.

This probably is the most splendid way to die a non-violent death.

fin

Bahamut. my favorite paladin worshipped him, and it was great.
He knows that being good isn't just "Hurr durr fight baddies." it's about being compassionate.
Also, he's a dragon, which is rad.

Dragonic meat. Kobold leg, wyvern bacon, dragon ribs...

Her Mercy is my favorite. She is one of the sweetest beings in existence but can still wreck shit because she's a massive dragon.

Oh man.... not really my own favorite but Evening Glory was the one for one of my players that proved clerics were worth doing if you really played up their faith.

Running a paladin of Eilistraee right now in a 5th game with the idea that because her followers are so rare he's sort of making up the paladin part as he goes along trying to make himself an exemplar of her teachings.

I find her as a really interesting to play a follower of since it sort of encourages players to not play drow as dark brooding edgelords and how much of her dogma is "be excellent to each other and don't be a dick". The mix of joy and beauty with swordplay and the holy hunter reminding me very much of old celtic deities though the mental two year old of our group can't get over the whole pray by dancing naked thing. "dur hur so you're naked and stuff" "Yeah if i was a dark skinned elf with a 17 charisma and the kind of body 17 strenght and 16 dex implies i'd have no problem showing off the goods either."
Also this from a guy who's female drow monk dressed like a belly dancer and likes saying how i should have to do what his character says because i'm male.

Jergal
who was one of the most powerful gods, god of death murder and tyranny when three epic lvl adventurerers showed up and said they wanted his power and he was so bored he said sure.
and so Bane Baal and Myrkul became gods of one third of his portfolio each and Jergal became the god of telling the god of the dead how being the god of the dead worked.

Why the Lady of Pain of course.

(USER WAS MAZED FOR THIS POST)

Also a good choice. In my home brew the Draconic pantheon was the Human pantheon. Humans had developed divine magic before any other race and basically their clerics Deus Vulted themselves an empire. The empire had been gone for centuries, but certain things were still reflected (the common language was Draconic, although true dragons died with the empire they were seen as godly protectors, etc).

One of the quirks was that every major settlement had a temple dedicated to Io, and part of Io's doctrine was that every dragon god not represented in the area had a shrine in Io's temple (one of the players was a Dread Necromancer dedicated to Falazure, he had a rivalry with two Paladins of Bahamut because neither god had a temple in the city)

The Black Sun because he is literally the god of doing it for the lulz and the gleeful joy he finds in making everyone involved with him miserable appeals to me.

I thought Drow had only gotten dark after turning to Lolth. How come Ellistrae's got dark skin? Or did she change along with the Drow?

Pelor is a racist.