Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1558: Dark Contract Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/8YJUW1aM
dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Charm_Monster
d20srd.org/indexes/epicSkills.htm
d20srd.org/srd/epic/skills.htm
1d4chan.org/wiki/Arseplomancer
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What would you be like if one of your DnD 'attributes' was at 40+? Be it intelligence, charisma, strength, etc.

the fate/zero doesn't have an SP limit is there?

A limit? You mean in how much you can convert?

yeah

When is the last time that you cucked the protagonist?

No

I got with Asami in LoK. Korra eventually settled for Bolin, but Mako knocked her up.

You'd be one of the smartest/most charming/strongest things in the world where those include godzilla, big-ass super-intelligent clouds, and fantasy dragons.

Why is every character in Young Justice an idiot? Superman shitting on superboy, sportsmasters' whole theme, the complete lack of group dynamics. Ugh, worst first jump ever.

I don't know very many protags who are so shitty that fucking their partner would be worth it. I'm not really into it, or their partners for that matter.

I waifued Esdeath, but Tatsumi didn't seem all that interested in her so does that even count?

In 3E, with a 10 in strength, you can lift a 100 pounds over your head, heft 200, and push up to 500. Every 10 levels, those values quadruple. You'd have the ability to lift 6,400 pounds over your head, heft twice that, and push up to 32,000.

In short, you become fucking ridiculous very quickly.

Nope. That one is entirely one sided. Tatsumi only gets together with Mine after he turns into a dragon. Bestiality ho!

Strength is the easiest one to give an example for, so let's start there.

A 40 in Strength would allow you to carry around ~2,130 lbs without feeling the effort at all. You could carry around 6,400 lbs, but that would constitute major effort and make it hard to move around except slowly. To top that off, if you needed to, you could push or drag up to 32,000 lbs. Though that last number varies widely based on conditions but is a good benchmark.

Moving on, you could also take that 40 Strength to /easily/ smash through iron doors, even those with magical locks in place. Even truly exotic metals would have a tough time standing up to your raw strength and could only do so for a short time. You could literally Juggernaut your way through stone walls without slowing down, provided they weren't more than a foot or so thick. Any thicker and you'd have to actually start to try.

Applying it to other stats is less straight forward, but follows a similar principle. The Bonus Spells alone from that much Charisma and Intelligence would get all kinds of nutty.

Note, this is 3.5 D&D math.

what about non-supplement skills, can i have that?

No

Could you practical examples of the other two attributes? Your first answer was really helpful.

*give practical

You can but they may be added to the ban list at a later date so you're taking a gamble if you do.

Good, I don't want to cuck but I girls who look good in peaked caps do something to me.

Interestingly enough I think Thor has a Strength of 40 ~ 50.

>I got with Asami in LoK
After the Lez finale or before?

but scathach have it in grand order :(((

I'm not really into relationships or sex, so... never.

Mostly a combination of attraction/beauty/removal of standards/literally every cute/and a couple harem perks means that a lot of people want to hug or protect or spend time with me, and/or develop crushes that are unrequited.

It's really funny when both people in a couple do that. Like, they're together, but they both have an extra level of bonding where they talk about how cute I am.

How do dragons use spells with material or somatic components?

I want to throw a super robot war at scion.

Give me options.

Seriously not kidding. AgK had a fucking weeeeird ending.

Diebuster

The virginity coffin

They have the material and wave their claws.

I don't think we have a jump of that?

> they had children
Tatsumi confirmed for being into dragons.

>material
Creatures with innate spellcasting do not need to use material components.

So they ignore that requirement, unless they get actual Sorcerer levels on top of their natural casting, at which point... the Eschew Material Components feat, probably.

>somatic
With their claws. They're suprisingly dexterous.

I'll certainly try. Like I said, Charisma and Intelligence are less straight forward. Starting with Bonus Spells is a pretty practical way to start.

A 40 in Intelligence would give you 4 bonus slots in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Circle magic, 3 in 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th, and 2 in 8th and 9th Circle magic. Which when compared to the number of slots a standard Wizard gets, is roughly DOUBLE the slots a maxed out Wizard can get. You're so smart that you can hold almost twice as much magic in your brain every day as a standard Human Wizard can.

Getting more abstract, we can check out skills. Intelligence skills mostly stick to the Knowledge of different topics, which is harder to define, so we'll go with Disable Device. The ability to disarm traps and sabotage devices of all kinds.

With a 40 Intelligence, all you would need to do is read a basic book about how to disable traps and you would easily be able to disarm all but the most complex of traps by applying your intelligence. You could even sabotage clockwork devices so they would fail at a certain time, under certain conditions, ect. Just by reading the most basic book on the subject you could find and gaining a single "Skill Point" in the subject.

Now imagine applying that to pretty much any book you read on any subject, so long as it covers the absolute basics of the subject matter.

The only reason I'm not using Craft as an example is because applying insane Intelligence scores to how quickly you can create a sword starts to break down after a while once you need to apply for real world physics getting involved.

Charisma coming up next.

Huh, nice. These are really good.

I mean, with all the intelligence perks kicking around, you could probably make your own?

Howdy /JC! How are you today?

How To Train Your Dragon Jump 117:
CP: 1000
Drawbacks:
Amputee (Left Arm) [+200]
For The Dancing and The Dreaming [+200]
Shadow of the Night Fury [+300]
The Behemoth [+300]
Scenario: The Dragon Riders of Berk [+600]
Origin: Dragon
Perks:
Vast [-100]
Natural Weapons (Roar) [Free]
Biome Specific (Vulcano) [Free]
‘Fire’ Breath [Free]
Flight x2 [Free]
Ironside [-100]
The Wind of Fury [-300]
The Color of Death (Purchased with Scenario Reward) [-600]
Gear:
The Archipelago [Free]
The Center [-200]
The Fabled... (Seeding Ore & Regeneration) [-200]
Stoick the Vast’s Fitness Workout Guide [-200]
An Isle in the North [-200]
Dragon’s End [-100]
Egg Clutch (W/ Import & Choice) [-200]

Companion:
Rider Academy [-400]

Writefagging: pastebin.com/8YJUW1aM

I'll be getting on the Haruhi update after this. Changelog so far is some clarifications on ESPer/Slider powers and how they function. Anyone got anything else I need to look into?

Never personally, just because I don't want to cheat on my own waifu, but I often set up for the protagonist's love interest to wind up with someone else other than him. There's a perk in Sekirei that lets you doom relationships to fall apart, and I'm pretty liberal in using that. I'm not a nice person.

Everytime.

It's part of the fun, after all.

I've never really looked into the stats of the various deities in Dungeons and Dragons, so I'll take your word for it. Still seems a little low for him.

So, you've got a massive score in Charisma. Like Intelligence, any caster who relies on Charisma would receive a ton of Bonus Spell Slots to use every day. But because most Charisma-based casters have more slots, you would fall slightly short of the doubling your magical output benchmark. Still, being able to toss of roughly 70-90 spells per day is nothing to sneeze at, even with a limited spell selection.

For the practical side of things, we'll have to look at Skills. They're the best place to find examples of what you can expect to do by being a force of personality with a draw not unlike a singularity.

Bluff maxes out at taking a -20 Penalty because the lie you're attempting to float past a person is all but impossible to believe. Like, "I was the one who gouged out Odin's eye in single combat." Which no sane person could possibly believe, even if you show them the eye in a jar. Your Charisma would take a huge chunk out of that penalty, 15 to be exact, before you even apply any actual training you have at lying.

In short, "I was the one who gouged out Odin's eye in single combat." becomes roughly as hard to believe as "I know I might be a Halfling, but I beat that Orc over there at arm wresting."

Diplomacy is on a similar vein, but with less dramatic results. By applying your raw Charisma and taking a moderate effort to talk to someone, without any training on the subject, you could talk that Orc you just spilled your beer all over into leaving you alone instead of smearing your teeth all over the bar counter. With a little bit of effort, you could even get him to buy the next round and be happy to do it.

[1/2]

I don't think you could reasonably justify increasing your attributes like this by using Dark Contract though. You wouldn't be able to trade people for a point of Strength and gain more then they gave you, you'd have to have them give you the equivalent number of attribute points to match the increase in scale for yours. Still ridiculous, but it would require more than getting 40 people to sell you a single point of strength to get you there.

taking all the girls from that autistic ichika is the best experience i've ever had

I have some questions about the PSG Jump, if someone could please answer them?

As Hybrids, can we buy Weaponized Clothing twice to combine them into one weapon with Infernal/Heavenly modes?

When you buy Weaponized Clothing, do you get a single weapon per purchase, or do we get a paired set?
(Every Demon and Angel in the show had a paired set of weapons, but the text doesn't explicitly say we get a pair per purchase.)

Glad to help. At least my insane knowledge of Dungeons and Dragons can help someone.

[2/2]
Stepping over to Perform, again without any training on an instrument or anything of the like, you could put on a show that people across town would be talking about the next day. You could earn up to 6 gold pieces a DAY just by busking in a popular city. You might even draw the attention of a noble given a few weeks worth of work, would might want to be your patron. Given a little more time, people across an entire nation would be talking of your act, whatever that might be.

Those are the three best, practical examples I can give for Charisma.

Have you considered Super Robot Wars? I mean, it's right there in the title. I'm pretty sure you could kill Scion with just the Agressors. Gillian to use his knowledge of dimensional tech to rip open a gate to Scion's real body, then a Tatsumaki Zankantou to chop him in half. I mean, okay, I'm exaggerating, but I'd still give the OG cast an even chance at killing Scion. He's not that much worse than the other things they've dealt with.

I know, it's sad. I keep wanting to make more mecha jumps, but lately I've been so apathetic and can't get into the shows anymore. I start watching a series to brush up on what went on in it so I could make a jump, but by the third episode I've stopped caring.

How much harder could it possibly be though? It doesn't actually seem to scale that much from one score to the next one up. You'd have to get what, a couple hundred to sell you their Attributes, max? With high Charisma, that probably wouldn't be that difficult, and would just become easier as you get more.

These were a pretty cool reads, though the results are a little weaker than I was expecting. I found one person's fluffy description of a 40 in charisma for a Succubus character:

She is a god amongst mortals.
When she speaks it is as if the darkness itself has found a voice and projects itself through her in a single, perfectly clear note. Words of mortals to her are as the passing of sands upon a mountain, and are of as much consequence.
A single look of sensuality or seduction reduces another's (man or woman) mind to pure putty at worst, and causes an instant and explosive orgasm of mind-blowing intensity at best.
She walks into the room and life, breath and spoken word instantly stop awaiting her voice. She commands and you find euphoria, perfection of purpose and an epiphany of insight.
She touches you and your life transcends to a new meaning of pleasure and happiness.

I think I tried, and might actually have claimed it, but I have no idea what to put in it.

I mean, one of your origins would basically be a robot god, and the rest would probably be nothing but various flavors of willpower perks.

Epic level skill checks get pretty crazy, yeah. Like, it's just a +50 DC modifier to forge a document without ever seeing it in the first place. You're so good at forging that you managed to make a perfect reproduction based entirely on guesses. Or epic Escape Artist roles, which lets you pass through a Wall of Force at DC 120. You can walk right through an impenetrable forcefield, just by being that good at wriggling through tight spaces. How? Don't ask me, my Escape Artist skill level is only 4. At that same DC, epic Balance lets you walk on any surface, even intangible ones. Climb up to the sky on a staircase of smoke, then ride a cloud across the world. And don't forget Sense Motive at DC 100 letting you read minds. Epic level D&D is mostly focused around casters, as all D&D is, but it offers a lot of nice tricks for skill monkeys.

Ah, well, there's a hitch there. It's a Succubus. They come with the ability to use the Charm Monster spell At-Will. Which is like Bluff and Charisma got together and birthed a personality singularity.

dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Charm_Monster

Stacking a nutty Charisma score on top of that spell would allow you to basically get anyone to do anything, even if they wouldn't normally do it. Which is probably the direction that fluff piece was coming from.

You've also got to keep in mind, my examples only took into account raw stats. Most characters invest time and effort actually perfecting the skills that I mentioned. Which means things get even nuttier from there. A 20th level Rogue with 40 Charisma would be able to spit beer on that Orc and then proceed to talk him into being a lifelong friend. A really lucky roll would even end with that Orc somehow being convinced he owed the Rogue a life-debt.

Once you start adding Magic and Skill Points on top of an already insane Ability Score, you start having to hop over and check out the DCs on the Epic Skills chart. Which, holy crap, has some wild examples.

And someone shot congressman scalise and 2 police officers just now. Fuck this day.

(You)

>a 40 in charisma for a Succubus character:
That'd be more like Malcanthet, demon lord and queen of all succubi. She has a 40 there, while normal succubi only have a 26 in Charisma.

They're all teens, so adults need to be useless and not understaaaaand.

Sportsmaster... maybe they just really wanted a Slade of their own?

Group dynamics are always shit with heroes. Makes it easier to present them with challenges that aren't as powerful as an entire team of heroes.

In contrast, villains have great teamwork, but it falls apart in the end. Heroes start off annoying each other, then in times of adversity learn a valuable life lesson.

Just now? user, that's been on the news all morning. I guess you've been away from a TV or computer until now?

Brought to you by Jumpchan News Network, the most trusted name in shitposting.

Yeah sorry. Just popped up on my twitter feed.

Why stop at a score of 40? You're a merchant, why would you be satisfied with being only twice the strongest, smartest, most charismatic person in the world, when you can ten, twenty, a hundred times? The best traders and merchants deal in bulk goods after all, and everyone has a few parts about themselves the feel could be shaved off for a little coin...Why not let them?

>Which, holy crap, has some wild examples.
Got a link to those examples?

Here you go, user. d20srd.org/indexes/epicSkills.htm

Fluff-DnD is an entirely different beast to mechanics-DnD.

Some things are stronger in fluff (fireballs can slag walls, conjuration can summon titanic elementals by ripping out all the water in an army), others are weaker.

Eh, no need to apologize. I was just wondering why you only now heard about it. It's all the news is talking about, though they're not actually saying anything substantive and just repeating the same information over and over while they wait for new development. You know how it is with a 24-hour news cycle. But yeah, it's pretty fucked up.

Have you ever refused someone's request to become one of your Companions?

Well, gives a few of the higher end ones, but here...

d20srd.org/srd/epic/skills.htm

... is the list of all of them. Diplomacy and Perform have my vote for favorite Epic use though. If you can make a DC 50, which honestly isn't that hard with a Charisma that high, you can take an already friendly or helpful person and turn them into a Fanatic. Which is exactly like what it sounds like. You can literally convince people to throw themselves in front of a dragon because you asked them to.

I used that once, way back in the day, when the rest of the party laughed at me choosing to become a Bard in an Epic level campaign. I responded by enslaving an entire country to my will and marching them, level 20 heroes and all, into the Mid-Boss's lair and slapping him down like a bitch.

My DM hated me for being more inventive than he was.

Let's see whcih ones I can get from memory. Cloud walking can be done with a skill trick for like three rounds, bluff can hide your Alignment, I think you can spiderman things like glass in the modern stuff, autohypnosis can get you more HP than your actual HP has, you can stop an avalance trap with a free action with Disable Devices (Don't exactly remember how though), Slight of Hand allows you to fucking Copperfield a willing subject with no prep I think, Tumble allows you to ignore falling damage, I think you can hide from gods divine sense or something as well.... that's all I can remember. Oh and a halfling can explode peoples anuses with a high enough Escape Artist! (Classic /TG that)

Also Update to Haruhi Jump!

>Oh and a halfling can explode peoples anuses with a high enough Escape Artist!
Wut, how?

in the fate servant supplement it's said that you get one rank C skill free and an E rank for free in any class skill according to your bought class, so is the C skill have to be in your class skill or is it only your free E rank skill?

Changelog?

As I said it's a classic /TG thing. 1d4chan.org/wiki/Arseplomancer

1. Fixed Titlecard
2. Changed Sliders Mallory Crossover to be more understandable.
3. Changed ESPers Extra Sensory Perception to be more clear on how TK works.

I'm going off of memory here, but I believe there's some skill that lets you fit through an opening smaller than you're head. They use it to go up someone's rectum and then explode out.

I remember with a high enough Escape Artist you can fit through holes smaller than your limbs should allow. Possibly even smaller than your head?

Like, did you not pick up that second level of Flexibility in Body Mod? No problem! Just train your Escape Artist skill up to 80+ (in a genre where 20+ is considered crazy epic) and you too can defy your own biology to fit into small spaces!

Would the "superpowers" Tatsuya has count as Powers in Charmed?

I think I prefer fluff

I don't know why you would make a joke over somebody getting shot even if he's technically just a rep.

We aren't /pol/. Don't just post whatever unrelated bullshit that comes up on your twitter feed here.

You're referring to Irregular in Magic Highschool? Not the author, but I think those would probably count. They're inherent magical abilities that he possesses, not skills he's learned or powers he's getting from somewhere else. He's just inexplicably Shiva, for some reason. No explanation ever given, he's just born with the power of Shiva.

Good as an early jump, yes/no?
How much worse should we expect the "you're her childhood friend" drawback to make our odds of survival?

Yeah, thought so too. Pretty nice, because otherwise it would be impossible CP wise to get all the skills Tatsuya has.

A derail has been noted here. Please stay on the subject of the OP. Dark Contract and Jumpchain generally are on subject but political views and news are not. Thank you for your time.

Every time.

Most Powerful, Most Beutiful, Damn Harem Jumpers and Charisma EX are too powerful.

Is Buy Mode the most powerful ability in the chain?

Why wouldn't you just use Dark Contract to buy them off him?

>That fucking skeleton monster just calmly waiting for him to pick a weapon

No. There are legitimately far more powerful perks in the chain, especially if you consider combo potential.

Because I don't think he'd do it, and because I'd actually like for him to keep his abilities.

Yeah, to build Tatsuya would require you to take nearly every perk in the jump. He's a bit OP. I mean, yeah, jumpers are ridiculous Mary Sues, too, but at least we've got the excuse of being at this for decades to centuries to millennia. He was the most powerful thing in the setting before his balls even dropped.

I don't think there's anything you could offer him that he'd want. He's the whole "too cool to care about anything" type of Mary Sue, and goes so far as to claim that he's physically incapable of feeling emotion. He doesn't have any desires you could play off of.

>He's just inexplicably Shiva, for some reason.
Wishes for a Destroyer Jump still strong.

Well you're the enabler at that point so... yeah it could get grossly dangerous or terrifyingly fun, depending on what you show your friend. You'll be in the thick of it, to the level of Kyon, though.

That's the copypasta I remember!

>and goes so far as to claim
Nah, that's actually fact. Due to a fucked up surgery he literally can't feel any strong emotions except for his sister.

You don't know his character or backstory very well. If you offer him something good enough, like the secret of how to replicate the effects of that one magical artifact that he was studying, or a way to get revenge on the Yotsuba clan, he might just take the deal. I mean, my goto is to just offer anything I can give away without fucking myself over, so I'd probably just offer a magatama with all his powers in it plus more if he's willing to provide.

Fucking puppetshows, man.

Yeah, so he claims. I don't buy it, he reads a lot more like someone who's just using the excuse of the brain damage to get away with being apathetic. Alexithymia doesn't work that way.

Honestly, I'm exaggerating for effect. I know that he has desires.

Such as?

Thunderbolt Fantasy Jump... I shall wait for you, my love!

Anyone know what's goinging on with that?

... and I thought the spider-holding capacity of a drow vagina was about the weirdest thing to haunt my mind.

Still on my to-do list. Currently working on finishing Mother: CogDis first, then I'll probably be doing that or Chrono Cross next. TF is more likely since it's definitely going to be shorter.

To use another money based perk as an example, Training Takes Time.
To use a perk that does effectively the same thing as Buy Mode but better, the First Magic.

watching that now

Claimed by Heavens, finished soon?