Magic the Gathering ANNOUNCMENT

WE GET DINOSAURS! WE GET PIRATES

WE RETURN TO DOMINARIA!

youtube.com/watch?v=Ygs0kHhczXo

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/25th-anniversary-announcement-day-2017-06-14
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Brave the Unknown as you venture to the new world of Ixalan, where all we know so far is that Pirate Vraska battles Dinosaurs. But do you need anything more? Find out when Ixalan releases September 29.
Stake Your Claim on January 19, 2018, as the second set in Ixalan block releases with Rivals of Ixalan.
Explorers of Ixalan is an out-of-the-box multiplayer Magic experience that challenges you to defeat your opponents along the way as you search for the lost city. Begin your exploration on November 24, 2017.
The Art of Magic: The Gathering—Ixalan will be available January 2, 2018. Set sail for the uncharted jungles of Ixalan, where dangerous beasts, magnificent ruins, and lost treasures lie waiting to be discovered. Saddle up your Dinosaur mount and brave the unknown as you search the plane for a prize forgotten by history . . . until now!
Duel Decks: Merfolk vs. Goblins, which releases November 10, 2017, pits two of the most recognizable tribes in the history of Magic against one another with two ready-to-play 60-card decks. Will you side with the reckless and wily Goblins or the graceful and cunning Merfolk?
From the Vault: Transform takes the From the Vault series and, well, flips it. From the Vault: Transform, which releases November 24, 2017, collects fifteen of our favorite transforming cards, each with its own story to tell.
On April 28, 2018, we look to the past to move forward as we return to Dominaria with our next large set!
As part of our celebration of our 25th anniversary, we will be releasing a 25th anniversary–edition Masters set on March 16, 2018. The product will contain 249 cards from across Magic's entire history and will provide a drafting experience like previous Masters products. Available in English, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese.

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/25th-anniversary-announcement-day-2017-06-14

>feathery dinosaurs

Fuck you science

WE GET THIRD UNSET BITCHES!

There is literally nothing wrong with feathery dinosaurs

Other than that they'll never be cool again

Play this guy as your Commander and people will kick you out of the store

Reminder that if Richard Garfield alters a card, the alter overrules gatherer text.

Accept it or don't. Stay on your hill and be petulant. Alone.

That monkey looks terrified.

Yes and a flat world and disease caused by "bad air" are "cooler" than the truth of actual planets and the microcosm of organisms that affect all higher biology.

>Dinosaurs and pirates
>Dominaria
>Richard Mo'fuckin' Garfield on the design team for Dominaria
>a new unset that has actually been in the works since 2011
God damn. If 2018 ends up bombing for this game it might as well start packing up it's bags. Dinosaurs and Pirates might be bad but I'm excited because I wanna draft up some fucking dinosaurs but Garfield made strong sets. If Dominaria turns out to be lackluster then fuck, man.

Who gives a rat's FUCK about your black bordered sets, FUCK YOU, FUCK YEAH, UN-3, SUCK MY DIIIIIIIIICCCCKKKK

>Duel Decks: Merfolk vs. Goblins, which releases November 10, 2017
Oh yiss

>richard garfield on dominaria design team

...Why is Vraska not wearing two eyepatches?

She looks old as fuck

Oh my god that would be awesome

Dinotopia with pirates? Sign me up!
Way more excited for this than the Dominaria set, desu. They've messed up almost every time they returned to a plane.

What I am looking forward to:
>Less Jactice League
>Pirates
>Dinosaurs
>Smart Dinosaurs (Able to communicate with humans)
>Pillar Men
>Pirate Ships
>Veraska
>Pirate Magic
What I am not looking forward to:
>Forced SJW Shit

>pillar men memes

Oh god i cant wait

WE ONE PIECE NOW.

How is Vraska the captain of a pirate ship? Wouldn't the crew get turned to stone just by looking at her?

Gorgons have to actually activate that ability in MtG. So, you won't actually be petrified if they don't want you to be.

Also, fuck you. We need more Legacy Weapons / Predator Flagships that sale the seas of the Blind Eternities.

Shit is metal as fuck.

Feathery dinosaurs are also cool.

I mean they can be, but magic's take sure isn't.
>hot pink feathers on a fucking t-rex
I will never not smile and hold in a laugh.

Also, I'm convinced that MaRo lurks Veeky Forums and specifically the Snowflakes/lore threads.

Why?

> we start arguing about Gremlins
Boom, Gremlins revealed in Kaladesh.
> we argue about going back to Dominaria
Boom, Ajani goes to Dominaria and now it's confirmed.
> make a Pharaoh Planeswalker
Boom, Amonkhet announced.
> make a Pirate Planeswalker
Boom, Explorers of Ixalan announced.

I mean they are almost hitting every beat we made literally over a year ago.

And if you see this MaRo, shit hire me to help with the lore and/or R&D.

I'd Make Magic Great Again.

Pfft, if Rosewater really browsed the threads, he would bring Tibalt back
He would bring Tibalt back
MaRo pls

I WAITED SO LONG FOR IT. Seriously, I was off magic for a while, but you bet your goddamn ass I'm gonna pick two boxes, and I'm gonna draft that shit with friends.

I wanted to get a booster box of Unhinged but holy crap they're expensive for a set of unplayable joke cards
I hope they finish the Timmy-Johnny-Spike cycle and include Vorthos and Melvin

Real Talk, how is she going to fuck up this block as well, are all the Aztec's black now, or are we just getting another don't mess with me black women that need no man with a fro or dreads as the main pirate captain that will aid the gate watch.

If Maro did come here, he would have Fried the black consultant.

Did we even get any JoJo now that were are in egypt?

>Samut
>pharoh
WE WUZ KANGS
It mat be /pol/-tier, but a revolutionary angry black chick doesn't really get me too excited to play the game. And her card sucks.

Outrageously interested in Captain Vraska and her trip to Neverland.

Wait, so WotC felt uncomfortable about any British influence in Kaladesh because they didn't want to bring up the subject of colonialism.

But now they've got a block that's about meddling foreigners with superior technology from across the sea, seeking to pilfer the wealth and culture of an indigenous population of a brave new world?

Good going.

That's more a case of snowflakery hitting so many things at once that something's bound to come up.
Infinite monkeys with infinite keyboards and all that.

I can't believe the delusions of someone thinking MaRo would waste time on this children's website

It's not spaniards

Was there ever a time when Dinotopia didn't have pirates?

No he wouldn't. No one but you gives a shit about that skinny worthless dork.

Literally no one on the threads gave a shit about that over the last year.

I never said Samut was a Pharoah. I said that I created a Pharoah Planeswalker a year ago. And then they announced Amonkhet. Literally MaRo is hitting every beat we laid down from over a year ago.

This.

Actually, like I said he is hitting literally almost every single beat that I was personally involved in.

> children's
Also, you think MaRo wouldn't? Have you seen him? His last little interview over Amonkhet's design was seriously a coked out rant. He's definitely looking to us for ideas.

Literally every single beat from a year ago.

"Squid Girl" gorgon pirate captain. Even trade.

>I mean they are almost hitting every beat we made literally over a year ago

>Implying all of those weren't posted by MaRo to viral market upcoming sets

Boom. I guess I'm MaRo.

However amusing that concept is, I would have loved to see something like that happen.

Namefags, gentlemen.

And?

This. If Maro posts here, it's because nobody can figure that out, regardless of how long he stays. It's one of the few places he could casually talk about Magic and not cause a stir.

Oh don't you know?

WE

>MaRo's been secretly giving us hints and clues about upcoming sets
HOW DEEP DOES THE RABBIT HOLE GO?

And Amonkhet was already Egypt Plane TWO years ago. Ixalan was Dinosaur Pirate Plane two years ago.
Stop stealing their ideas, you shit.

MaRo could be in this thread right now. He could be anyone. He could be you! He could be me!

>Real Talk, how is she going to fuck up this block as well, are all the Aztec's black now
Of course, diversity means niggers. And black people hate mexicans.

>fat ugly black woman ruins everything again
Civil War soon

> two years ago
The fuck it was. They don't plan that shit out that far in advance. Don't give me that shit.

Also, there is something I just realized...

Ixalan is going to be a Pirate set about discovering hidden treasures.

And we AREN'T getting Masterpieces for the set.

You fucking bastards.

They explicitly do. In order to make sure that there is enough time to design, develop, and get the art for each set, AND have enough printed in however many languages for a simultaneous worldwide release, they start actual work two years before release.
And they do some preproduction work before that.

THAT WOULD BE ... YOUR MOTHER!

it's latin america, who cares they're inferior to pajeets

it's not terrified, it's disgusted by yet another STRONK KANGZ OTHERKYN WOMMYN expansion -- PIRATES EDITION

Hardly. It's barely a year in advance before actual work is done. They might toss around ideas that go on the back burner. But, a set isn't actually started production on (lore, artwork, mechanics, and card deigns) until around the year mark. They don't just have everything said and done and waiting for over a year to release it. Leaks would happen far too much in advance if that were the case. Don't give R&D that much credit.

The fuck you on about?

I am giving R&D the credit necessary to do the job they're currently doing and have explicitly stated they are doing. Repeatedly. And have also said is the reason they can't respond to various problems as quickly as they'd like to.

Oh hey, aren't you the retard who couldn't grasp the fact that
>A curse isn't 100% beneficial
>Planeswalkers can't lug entire ships and their crew through the blind eternities
>Purple mana isn't real
>A mono-b """reanimator""" can't """reanimare""" legendary creatures
In all honesty it is you who has no right to talk back

wow u really r a fag

>I hope they finish the Timmy-Johnny-Spike cycle and include Vorthos and Melvin

You know they will, buddy! Spike is a landwhale POC tumblrina, Vorhos is a homodemitransexual panromantic otherkin-horse ally and Melvin is a strong black woman with afro who dont need no man uh-huh!

Nono, don't you remember? It was 'summoning from the ground' which is toooootally different from reanimating.

cmon, m8
you know Spike and Melvin should be switched around

no because jojo a shit

they probably just didnt want the idea to seem stale doing it twice in such close proximity to eachother, they're learning from their mistakes, it would seem

Didn't vraska die in return to best plane?

No, Vronak just wrote a fanfic where he killed Vraska

I want to be excited for Un3 but it's going to be trash. Off the top of my head Blazing Hot Hottie, that Denimwalker minotaur, Rod of Spanking, Blacker Lotus, Dumb Ass, Fat Ass, Fascist Art Director, and that card that cares about wearing ladies' clothing would be unprintable today. In addition, expecting complex cards or references to classic Magic past is unlikely due to the appeal to newer players and making it accessible for everyone.

Expect shit like:
"As long as you follow MtG on Twitter ~ has first strike (because xe gets news first, get it?)"

Isn't dominaria dead too? Didn't phyrexians destroy it after urza died?

No you retarded NIGGER
PHYREXIA GOT DEFEATED, TIME SPIRAL HAPPENED, THINGS WENT TO SHIT WITHOUT PHYREXIA, NOW IT'S BETTER, GOD SHIT DAMNIT YOU RETARD

>tfw am professional archaeology
It hurts to live but I'm too unlucky to die.

>moors
Point everything wrong with it.

Oh fuck you are right, and it hurts

Make your own luck user.

Be an hero.]

I'm sure the timing of all this with the Chult D&D adventure (with dinosaurs, undead, and undead dinosaurs) is purely coincidence.

Less meme cards in favor of a more playable, yet extremely goofy format sounds good to me.

They could definitely do Fascist Art Director in 2017. It's not like the card is promoting fascism.

why not both?

It should also has a miracle frame but I can't find an option in cardsmith

lol, You crack me up.

Nope. It ended up being closed off from the Blind Eternities. I'd like to see how they plan of opening it back up to travelling Planeswalkers.

Calm your shit. Don't be a spaz.

Rawr.

No one cares.

Also, Kaya is playable in EDH.

Protip: stop replying to tripfags, this board is gay enough

How were any of the cards I posted 'meme' cards? If anything, online culture being a much more prevalent thing now than it was back when Unhinged released will lead to more actual meme cards in Unstable.

This isn't tripfagging. This is namefagging. Get it straight, faggot.

Also, stop giving a shit. You act like any of it matters what so ever. Because it doesn't. None of it does.

Stop your whining.

It wasn't closed off from the Blind Eternities you dipshit.
Elspeth's been there. Koth's been there. Ajani's been there. Venser left there post-mending.

First and foremost hyperdiffusionism is some untestable bullshit that relies on a lack of independent invention to support itself.

Off the top of my head? Olmec civilization is older than 1000BC and was predated by a "pre-Olmec" period where the characteristics associated with Olmec were in some evidence. There's no evidence of an immigration from Africa in prehistory, and in fact there's ample evidence that the first *successful* humans in the Americas came through Beringia thousands of years prior to the rise of Olmec society. There is also spotty evidence that human habitation predates the Bering land bridge, but the age of the human remains that suggest such a thing means they're few and far between and difficult to age.

Basically, they spelled "Olmec" right and knew that they made really fucking cool stone heads.

Don't be a faggot. You don't have to be obnoxious because someone is wrong you think someone is wrong.

And I could sworn that Dominaria was closed off to the Blind Eternities after the Mending so that there were less likely dangers to the Nexus of the Multiverse.

>Don't be a faggot.
not him but you could learn to take your own advice.

So what is the 25th anniversary set? Dominaria? Or this new Masters? Or what?

I'm not the one spazzing out and insulting people for trivial shit.

25th Anniversary is a Masters set. Dominaria is a new set centered around the plane.

Dude, it's a roleplaying tripfag. The only way for him to not be a faggot is to an hero immediately and even then the results are not guaranteed.

There's some set that's hashtagged #M25 or MTGA25 and it's neither one of those.

As a person with very little historical knowledge of Central Americans, I also thought no one actually knew why the Olmecs died out

> roleplaying
I'm not roleplaying as shit. Also, again this is namefagging. Not tripfagging. Learn the difference.

No idea what you're talking about.

The 25th Anniversary set is called Masters 25.

Maro said there was a set that was either #M25 or #MTGA25 but he couldn't remember the hashtag.

They probably didn't is the honest answer. It's very rare that an entire culture DIES, usually they just lose cohesion for any number of reasons and that culture changes in such a way that you can no longer identify it in the archaeological record. The Maya for example still exist: what we consider "classical Mayan culture" doesn't, except in a fragmentary, time-altered form. They abandoned their ancient cities and monuments but their descendants are still around.