UN-3 THIRD UNSET HOLY SHIT GUYS

magic.wizards.com/en/products/unstable

IT'SZ HAPPEEEEENNNNIIINNNNGGGG

FUCK YEAH

Its finally fuckin happening my dudes

FINALLY

Unblock constructed, here we come.

Cant wait to see what they do to planeswalkers.
I expect literal space jace with 6 abilities.

Richard Garfield and Maro will be planeswalkers, with banning being an ultimate.

I can't even imagine.

I imagine a tiny sliver of art, with the Planeswalker trying to peek out, and then a text-box of a dozen pointless abilities.

Or imagine how they might work with transforming cards, like the two sided ones. How about a four-sided card, that you fold into a square so you can turn it from side to side?

They'll fuck up somehow.

Spike is likely.

Literal Gideon tribal

They did that joke with Greater Morphling.

And it's out in less than 6 months!
Among the changes announced two days ago and these announcements, WotC seems uncharacteristically smart these days

How about a mobius strip card that says to flip it?

Transform, aftermath, and a token with flip.

>an un-planeswalker with a -20 ultimate that says "Search your library for a 'Beat around the Bush' Card. You then win the game"

>"Search your library for a 'Beat around the Bush' Card, then shuffle your library, then look at your hand for 5 minutes. You then win the game"

apology for poor english
when were you when mtg saves?
i was sat at home sitting boxers when maro ring
'mtg is save'
'yes'"

WHO WAS PHONE?!

I can't not look at this as WotC trying to buy back the goodwill of players after continuously fucking up

>How about a four-sided card, that you fold into a square so you can turn it from side to side?
You mean a transform card where both sides are also flip cards

This on the tail of them performing a summary execution of Magic Duels, it's definitely them saving grace.
I knew two years ago that it'd die eventually, but so soon and unceremoniously is fucking harsh. Fuck WOTC.

>greater morphling's artists becomes the artist of your choice until end of turn
I love how that was relevant in the set too, no joke ability was ever completely useless.

Just wait for the cards that will just further alienate the players, like unfunny SJW-type cards like "Misogyny Goblin" or "Love Wins".

Feminist will be a creature type.

i wanna sniff frankies stinky hole

There better be something that references the absurd number of different card frames they've been pumping out.

Then Shadbase (VNSFW) is the place for you.

We already had Garfield as a card, so that seems unlikely. MaRo maybe, but they's said specifically that they don't do "vanity cards" anymore and this is the kind of rule they randomly won't break even when now is the opportune time to do so.

"Each player chooses a card frame. Exile all cards that do not do not have all card frames chosen this way."

Trouble is that a decent number of the frames show up only on nonpermanents. Split cards, Fuse, Aftermath, Miracle...

I feel like a lhurgoyf that goes off of types of card frames in the graveyard would make more sense.

I didn't specify the battlefield ;)

It was him

ALRIGHT BOYS

DESIGN HIS UN-CARD

We're going to need color(s), starting loyalty, 2-3 abilities and an ultimate ability.

Remember the rules of unsets - silver border can't do anything that black border can normally do. Also, simply being comically overpowered or comically underpowered isn't good enough. Un-cards are meant to be fun to play, not "I instantly win" or "I literally can't use this card."

>Chose a red and white creature card. That card can no longer attack.

Should have called it Untested, but then people might mix it up with their regular sets...

Starting loyalty: 50.
+10: Until the beginning of your next turn, instants may be played as interrupts. Mark Rosewater, Designer loses 10 loyalty for each point of damage dealt to it.

As in, it has to be a creature that is both red and white? Or did you mean a red OR white creature card?

Both red and white to play off the red and white cards don't ever get to do anything but attack meme.

Hall of Trumph

As ~ enters the battlefield, name a colour. Creatures with Defender may attack creatures of that colour

"Heroes act without thought of glory or reward. Accolades are a covfefe..." @RealJaceBeleren

For the first time in a very long time, I'm impressed by Mark Rosewater.

I really hope I don't live to eat those words.

>number of cards: 216-ish

Make his mana cost the same as the Reaper King's

>yfw Steamflogger Boss was a preview of Unstable

Brace yourself

>Border Patrol 1RWU

Creature: Human Soldier

When Border Patrol enters the battlefield, name a colour. If a card whose border does not match the named colour enters the battlefield, transform Border Patrol

0/1

-

Thing from the ICE

Creature - Horror

Defender

When Thing from the ICE enters the battlefield, place X time counters on it, where X is the number of cards who share a border colour with it. Thing from the ICE cannot attack or block while it has any time counters on it.

Flavour text: "It's gonna be YUGE"

20/20

I like that, but why? Also, it's going to make his card name shorter

It's been in production for the last 6 years. It's not gonna have any stupid shit like this.

I just have one wish for Unstable, art-less lands.

>A blank card that just says "Swamp"

I like it

With how popular full-arts are, and the fact that full -art originated in Unglued, there's no way they're not doing full art.

No no no it has be entirely covered with the comprehensive rules pertaining to that land. Like that swamps can tap for {b}, and you can have any amount of basic lands in your deck

I can actually see them not doing it. The whole porpoise of the Uns was that they went against the norm. Now that Full Art lands have become fairly common I can see them going a full 180 and make very minimalist lands

I can conceive of a universe where it's possible, but I think it's pretty damn unlikely. I'm sure the number of people who want full-art lands outnumber those who don't care, and I'm sure those outnumber the ones who want something wacky and different like full-text. And it's not like Wizards is oblivious to the demand for full-arts. It's one of the few things they've gotten right pretty consistently.

true, but this is a set that they don't take seriously so I doubt fans will seriously hold it against them if a joke set doesn't give them their pretty lands

They also just did full art lands again, and they've said in the past that they don't like doing it consistently.

I think Magic fans will hold anything and everything against Wizards, including but not limited to - not doing things that are impossible, doing things too well, doing things too poorly, doing things too quickly, doing things too slowly, doing things out of order, or doing too many things.

Mythic card sucks? Bitch and moan.

Mythic card too good? "OVERPRICED TOURNEY STAPLES"

Format broken, in desperate need of bannings? Constant whining.

Ban announced? "This kills the format."

Card not reprinted? "Fuck jews of the kek'st"

Card reprinted? "It should be reprinted more!"

Card reprinted again? "It should go down in rarity too!"

I CAME

>Tap Swamp. Add {b} to your mana pool. Swamp counts as a permanent. You may have any amount of cards named Swamp in your deck.

Ive never seen an Un-set release

Are these cards actually playable? Can you draft with them?

Drafting with Un's are hilarious, fun, and tedious

>-2: Gain two inches
>-8: Become heterosexual

+1 - Speak with a lisp until your next turn. If you do put 2 +1/+1 counters on up to 1 creature you control

-2 - Target opponent speaks with a lisp until your next turn, if they don't they sacrifice 3 permanents.

-10 - All players gain an emblem "If this player speaks without a lisp they lose the game"

I want the basics to be something like this.

It's only fair that we get full text lands after full art lands.

No clue about manacost, but colours are red/blue/white
+1: Discard X cards, then draw Y cards, where Y is the number of inches shorter than 6 foot you are, and X is the number of inches above 5'5" you are. If X or Y would be negative, they are 0 isntead.
-?: ???
-?: ???

I'll take 100

I'm in love.

Holy fucking shit, I've been waiting for this moment for -years-!
I can't wait to see if they'll do Un-Planewalkers, and work with all the new mechanics that popped out in the last years: they don't lack material to work with for sure.

They'll print cards that are good, but not legal outside of casual.

My Merfolk deck deserves an upgrade.

Oh man. Super Duper Secret Tech?

Please email this to maro now, this needs to be a thing!

Might as well go with a complementary set of french vanilla (at least I think that's what they are called, a creature with single keyworded ability) in the similar vein.

No. there should be the TINIEST sliver of art there that's just been compressed vertically in photoshop or paint

His ultimate is to flip a coin. If heads, he saves Magic. If tails, he destroys Magic.

That ruins the joke of full-text lands

HOLY TITBALLS. Fuck, guess I'm getting back into magic.

They make Jace the plainswalker.

Okay, seeing the card now, I like it. I don't know if everyone would appreciate the joke though.

Hey how about a compromise and do both? Sets normally have three of each basic, so we can have one full art, one full text, and either one normal or one as something else wacky. Maybe a basic land with a blank white art box, with the intention being the players can fill in their own illustration or something.

Third card could work like Wastes.

They're basic lands without a subtype, but they have the mana tap ability, and represent a completely different type of terrain.

Blue could get Sky.
White could get City. (One of the possible lands for purple)
Black could get Cave. (the other one)
Red could get Oil Sands.
Green could get Savannah.
Colorless could get Barry's Land.

I hope the set isn't so sjw that it kills the humor.

Planeswalker should be Rick Sanchez

>they make another steamflogger whose text mentions contraptions
>still no way to make, control, or any rules governing what contraptions actually are.
>flavortext is "merry christmas ya filthy animals"

inb4 the vanilla mythic MaRo has been talking about is LITERALLY vanilla (ice cream).

Blue Black Red identity.

Abilities center around planechase, artifacts, and countering other planeswalkers.

Make him a 3 drop so that he can absolutely fuck with JTMS if encountered.

Or a red AND white creature? Is this a case for the Harvard comma?

People have asked Maro in the past if he comes up for a way to make Contraptions work that only works in silver border, will he consider his quest to get contraptions printed to be a success. He said no. Contraptions are black bordered or never.

3 GW
5 loyalty
+1: Begin smiling creepily. Until your next turn, or until you stop smiling, creatures you control get +2/+2, lifelink, vigilance, and trample.
-2: Create an emblem with "Sacrifice this emblem: Declare a non-green, non-white card to be a mistake. If you do, exile any number of copies of that card you can see from your seat."
-2: Fix target non-creature permanent. (To fix a permanent, create a crude paper token with a ":)" on it. That permanent becomes a Smiley creature with base power and toughness equal to it's converted mana cost. It loses all other types and abilities.)

What about lands with ill fitting artwork? so swamps get mountains, plains get islands etc

>[basic land] was a mistake
>Watch in glee as all the players at the event have to exile their lands

As someone who plays monowhite that kind of card sends shivers to my spine

Magic duels should have stayed a yearly release.
Fuck it should have stayed a puzzle game. I am glad it is dead.

Kek.

I would fill my entire deck with them.

Disrobing Scepter or It's bollocks. In Unglued, cards had a word next to the number of the set the card was out of the total cards In the set (x/y) If you put them all In order, It made a full list of titles for cards they wanted to include In the set but couldn't fit. Disrobing Scepter was one of the most interesting, but yeah, still waiting for a bunch of those, some came out In unhinged, so It's not something they forgot.

You mean like that one mountains that was really more of a town.

>wanting to see a bunch of fat grognards strip

I softly kek'd.