games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

For the greater good of The Emperor

second for plastic sisters

Flamers suck

Will mixing Primaris and regular marines look weird?

First for forge world rules will be best rules

LEAKS OF THEM WHEN??? MY ENTIRE ARMY HAS NO RULES IN THIS EDITION

Also when the fuck will we get chapter master stats? My generic chapter master in artificer armor has no rules this edition

So let's talk Eldar for a minute. I just got into this game earlier this year, when my friend gifted me a big box of Eldar stuff. I like the way they look and play but was dismayed to discover that the playerbase mostly hates playing against Eldar because they are OP, and it seems like no one talks about how to play them well or what will work for them in 8th. Any brave anons around want to come out of the closet and talk about how to make Eldar great again?

>My generic chapter master in artificer armor has no rules this edition

hes a captain now

Orks are in denial about how broken they are.

Ynnari are where it's at right now.

Tau seem really weak.

The army has a global 4+ to hit but in the past this was made up by making markerlights give you BS.

Now you need 5 to even do that.

Just makes them weak.

Best Forgeworld confirmed.

They are not in denial, they are smug.

Eldar still work.
I have seen Wave serpent spam and bike spam work on the table, you just dont get as many models.
The heavy vehicles took a big hit. Night spinners are the most point efficient damage source of the three, but if you have the points, falcons put out more damage (poor fire prism)
you may end up seeing more guardians than dire avengers now that they got an inexplicable 5ppm increase.
Scorpions are great, banshees do okay, I imagine spears will be amazing with their far move.

Unfortunately its almost never worth it go go pure craftworlders, and even if you do, you may as well make them ynnari, as they get the least benefit from their faction rules.

>But muh 5" move
>eavy armour guys
>snipers will kill everything

It is denial

Just give a captain +1 attack, +1 wound, +2 power level, and an orbital bombardment.

r8 my 2k orks list

Warboss w/ Big Choppa & Shoota
Weirdboy x7

Nob w/ Waaagh! Banner and Kustom Shoota
Nob w/ Waaagh! Banner and Kustom Shoota

1 Nob w/ Big Choppa & 29 Shoota Boyz
1 Nob w/ Big Choppa & 29 Choppa Boyz

1 Trukk w/ Big Shoota

It's two Battalion Detachments & a Supreme Command Detachment so I get 10 Command Points as well.

Ork player here. Now that there's been some nerfing to Eldar's codex (based on what I've heard anyway), people will be more willing to play against you because they believe they have a reasonable chance of winning.
My take? Forget all the strategies you might've learned on how to play Eldar. Everyone's probably going to have to start over from scratch at this point.

Well... except if you play Orks or Tyranids, since those faction's strategies are still effectively:

"GET ME CLOSAH! I WONTZ TA HIT 'IM WID ME CHOPPA!"

and

"ZERG RUSH OM NOM NOM NOM!"

Mirror of Minds states "each player rolls a dice" It doesn't state what kind of dice. As the choosing player, do I get to choose what kind of dice? I choose a d3 for my opponent, and a d20 for me.

Sisters of silence got new models before sisters of battle. Feels bad man.

As long as you don't have two types in the same squad, you should be OK.

Should I play Word Bearers or a Primaris homebrew chapter?

They are cautious. The Ork heart knows heartbreak, and rejection, and anguish. This new age promises concepts which are as alien to them as they to us, like victory and joy. They have learned to be cautious of hope, as it inevitably leads to suffering.

Fuck the imperium, I'm joining chaos.

Pretty sure "dice" are defined as d6 somewhere in the rulebook.

Whats more amusing is that mirror of minds doesn't stop after killing one model.
Say goodbye to your entire conscript squad in one go.

Guard and Orks have shit BS too and they are strong this edition.

I think you need to spam Kroot and Firewarriors.

Word Bearers

>charge 8.5" to avoid flamer overwatch
>fail 8" charge because 41% success rate
>cry yourself to sleep saying "F-Flamers S-Suck...."

Primaris Word Bearers Successors

They're far less bullshit than before, so you should be fine. Providing you don't buy multiple wraithknights or go above 1-in-3 special weapons on jetbikes you shouldn't trigger anyone.

I do disagree with other anons, I don't think ynnari will be as powerful as everybody thinks. And if they are, well, the playerbase will probably end up hating ynnari players, which is what you say you want to avoid.

Hey look I found That Guy

probably no leaks as those books aren't handed out to stores
have to say i'm severely disappointed not all rules will be shipped on the 16th however despite their promise to have all models playable on release
really hype to see how models that where bad will turn out this edition
>tfw i bought a valdor and second hand laser destroyer in 7th

Anyone have the rules for shadow war? The general is gone and I haven't seen them on any of the mega links.

Actually, with rerolls and other upgrades, you can get about a 75% charge rate from beyond 8 inches.

Repetetive

kys/12

Flamers are passable at best.
I play SoB, the army that has the best flamers in game right now.

They are not as good as they look in paper. The only exception is the Immolation flamer

New and improved Coven list, thanks for the feed back, more welcome!

>they are smug.
You'd be smug too if your faction suddenly became one of the competitive races in the game, after being the 'garbage tier race' on the table top for over a decade and shit on by everyone else for being 'garbage tier' this 'npc race' that.

The other faction that's dominating right now are the crons, but they don't need to be smug because they were already relatively decent by comparison.

Shit, that means we're gonna have to deal with the WAACfags fleeing Tau and Eldar now. FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU-

>with any Charge reroll, it's a 66% (3+) to make an 8" charge
>With +1" to charges, it's a 58% chance to make an 8" charge.

But
>1 Flamer kills 1.45 Orks in overwatch.
>1 Flamer kills 1.94 Gaunts in overwatch.
>1 Flamer kills 0.58 MEQs in overwatch.

Just get close and take the casualty.

I'm keen to try out a devastator squad with 4 heavy flamers on my BA.

post your face when tau WAAC players are dumping there 5 riptide armies

Just give your opponent a d2 (coin) and yourself a d100.

The skies the limit.

All of them?

It feels good as long as people don't play Guard as WAAC fags and then I'm hated because I play Guard. I can imagine this is how Tau players felt when they had a nice fun list but people hated them anyway.

kill maim burn
looks like im running this list for 8th

Also, basically useless against any MEQ or above.

I'm looking forward to starting a crisiswing, i genuinely like the models. Nothing bigger than a Broadside, just a farsight-led army of suits

Everyone hate Tau since day one. Riptide spam made it vocally and noticeable

Yeah, how about trying that with adrenal glands tyranids that use a command reroll on the lowest die?

pg. 176 defins dice as six-sided, so no dice on that.

Can someone help me with this list? I'm adding my 950 points of AoS daemons to some death guard. The hellbrute is there for more anti tank, the chaos spawn is there for +1 command point. Despite what it displays, the list is 2000.

So, starting off Tyranids, and want to do Warrior focus (as I love the models and like sort of elite armies) and will later expand into having hormagaunts and the like, and got this as a basic set up:

Patrol Detachment

Tyranid Prime (1) - 111pts
1 Tyranid Prime: Spinefists,Boneswords,Flesh hooks,Adrenal glands,Toxin sacs

Tyranid Warriors (9) - 255pts
6 Tyranid Warrior: Deathspitter,Scything talons
3 Tyranid Warrior: Venom cannon,Scything talons

Tyranid Warriors (9) - 279pts
9 Tyranid Warrior: Spinefists,Boneswords,Flesh hooks,Adrenal glands,Toxin sacs

Hive Guard (3) - 144pts
3 Hive Guard: Impaler cannon

Maleceptor (1) - 189pts
1 Maleceptor: Adrenal glands,Massive scything talons

Curious about thoughts? It's around 1000 points, which I figure is a good place to aim at the basic level as I build up to the standard 2000.

Sure, but it leaves open the possibility of variants with those 6 sides. For instance, a d3 is still a six sided dice.

So I'm rolling a d66, and i'll let you roll a d2.

It's okay lad, WAACfags will still stand out with their low energy paint jobs and lack of orky kitbash.

>Farsight-led army of sluts

>useless against any MEQ
A guardsman dropping half a Tactical from Overwatch is earning his points back.

I'm sure my expression will change when I see the hordes of unpainted infantry those sorts of cunts will inevitably gravitate towards.

A d66 is two dice, and good luck finding a six-sided d2. Also, the same page says "if a rule requires you to roll a d3, roll a dice and halve the total", and since mirror doesn't require you do roll a d3, it's a d6.

reposting from last thread with changes. is this a good starter set? what should I be focusing on for my first 1000 or so points, and where should I expand to? I'm a total noob, never played 40k

The best Tau stuff was their original stuff honestly. Crisis suits, broadsides, fire warriors, hammerheads, etc., they all looked fabulous and are amazing fun. Even their technological innovation back then was 'we made another smart design that makes sense', like the Tiger Shark AX-1-0, rather than 'LOOK HOW BIG THIS NEW SUIT IS!'
I miss old Tau. I hope that the changes might mean that the old Tau is the viable sort again and the experimental, rare stuff like the Riptides are the rarity they are meant to be.

Thinking about changing my looted monolith battlewagon into a morkanaut as those didn't exist when I stopped playing. I'm thinking treads on the bottom. Probably just plasticard unless someone van think of some good tracks to loot

why would you do that though?

Guardsman with flamer is 9 points
Tactical is 13

Is 9 half of 13? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Whoops, my apologies. Guardsman with flamer is 11.

I'm pretty late to the eigth edition party, who are the strongest armies now and why?

I've heard good shit about nids and orks, and apparently the eldar where nerfed so now my power rangers can see the light of day again. anything else besides that?

Guard got buffed infantry, nerfed armor.

No he isn't. You'll deal on average .58 wounds to a charging tac squad. .58 times the points value of a tac marine is about 8 points. A guardsman with a flamer costs 11 points.

Profiles for the Hexrifle and Stinger Pistol please

Spent the last 2/3 weeks here, watching and waiting for updates on 8th since this places catches wind much faster

Honestly, you lot are the biggest bunch of crywank, waac, dipshit assholes I've ever seen on Veeky Forums

I'm home

The leaks are in the OP

>It's around 1000 points, which I figure is a good place to aim at the basic level as I build up to the standard 2000.
Good idea indeed.
>Curious about thoughts?
I'm not a Tyranid expert but it's quite an odd list: no swarm of gants/gaunts, and no big monster(s) either. At least it's original, but I think you may run low on models very fast with such a list: Warriors aren't that resiliant and will die to massed fire, and your Prime and Maleceptor will be the only available targets for big guns.
I'd remove some Warriors and add meatshields - either a swarm of small meatshields or a distraction Carnifex.

Are Battlewagons shit?

>1002
How about you stop cheating before you start.

There is nothing Raven Guard about this list. Where are your jump packs?

how are blood angels now are they just standard marines now?

Kind of... very expensive but still a vehicle

The other thing to note is that Orks just lost a lot of their fluff-related special rules/stuff (at least until the codex is released anyway), which in some cases is just a continuation of GW fucking da boyz over.

Looted Vehicles/Wagons? Gone because GW doesn't sell a model for them (forgetting the point of Looted Vehicles is Orks are buying other faction's vehicles for this to be a thing).
Red Paint Job? No longer a rule (least as far as I can tell anyway)
'Eavy Armored regular boyz/'Ard Boyz Elites are now gone.
And that's just off the top of my head.

Orks winning without having real fluff-based rules/buffs/units just feels... off, for lack of a better word.

Nice quads
Orks are ded killy now in close combat and with the removal of Initiative and vehicles having wounds instead of armor, can be the proppa close combat army they're supposed to be.

Problem is they only move 5" now (except in certain cases), and in order to really get the best of their buffs you need huge foot-slogging mobs charging across the table, meaning your fate is in the hands of the 2d6 running phase a lot of the time.

The other army I've heard is really good right now is supposed to be Necrons, although the nids have gotten some stupidly good buffs this edition.

Still crying about not getting their primarch figurine yet.

Everyones lost their special stuff-chaos have no Boons and marks mean basically fuck-all, nids have no unique biomorphs, etc

>whining over losing looted vehicles that aren't even yours to begin with

Try losing 5 beloved characters full of fluff from your codex since 7th edition dropped.

Okay, now what's the difference in effectiveness between a regular guardsman and a flamer guardsman?

I really shouldn't have to hold your hands through such trivial work. Maybe you should refrain from posting in the future.

>new MWG video with Dark Eldar v. Chaos
>it's the Mountain and the Meme

Got my books today! So HYPE!

Any Genestealer cult experts in here?

Getting back in for 8th, going to go back to my roots (Nids) and want to do Genestealer cult. Zero experience with them though.

Mainly looking for a 'must have' purchase list, not a specific point value list.

The Maleceptor is somewhat intended fo be the Distraction Carnifex while also giving the psychic powers. Thinking Onslaught to get across the board fast, though Catalyst night be better for staying power. Might swap a unit of Warriors for a swarm of Hormagaunts but may try the warriors first.

>1002pts
drop an upgrade or a single dude
Also, Raven Guard is supposed to be about stealth and rapid assault. You have 0 jump pack and 0 scout.
Otherwise none of the choices in the list are bad per se, as discussed last thread I probably wouldn't bother with Tac-squads at all and take only Devastators (for the heavy weapons) + Company Veterans (for the specials), but it's an iconic squad so it's not an absurd choice either

Patriarch and Genestealers as a core, as they are ridiculously strong. Buff with From Beyond. Thats a core must have.

>MWG
You deserve every cringe.

10/10 would fall asleep during your movement phase

Warriors with Boneswords and Spitters have been performing amazingly well for me

Planning on some conversions for Magos Biologis rust stalkers; do you think the arms of Rust Stalkers would work well on Scourge bodies?

No idea, why are you asking me?
Not evne /WIP/

Thats my thought. If I drop one, I'll swap my spinefists for that to make them multipurpose.

I got the Start Collecting. My intent is to make a Swarmlord out of the Tyrant and keep the Gargoyles for Shrike wings later, and slowly build up the warriors then nab the rest.

>whining over losing looted vehicles that weren't even yours to begin with
>while GSC and traitor guard are suddenly allowed to use them, and in GSC's case they are (were) even better than when they were regular IG
I'm entitled to gripe over losing Looted Vehicles if GW's just going to hand them over to GSC right after and give GSC unreasonable buffs for them. At least when Orks had Looted Vehicles their rules made sense.

>Try losing 5 beloved characters full of fluff from your codex since 7th edition dropped.
Let me guess: you play Drew Carry or SoB.

We had special characters?!
Jokes aside SoB only lost Vyridian.

>Every model will have rules!
>Except you! Because fuck you!