>Commander 2017 Spoilers
mythicspoiler.com/c17/index.html

>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

>Latest MTGO Banlist Update
wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander

ANNOUNCEMENT WEEK

>Product Announcement Day
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/25th-anniversary-announcement-day-2017-06-14?

>Magic Digital Next Announcement and MTGO Changes
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/magic-digital-next-update-2017-06-13
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/magic-onlines-fifteenth-anniversary-2017-06-07

>Metamorphosis 2.0
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/metamorphosis-2-0-2017-06-12

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

THREAD QUESTION

Anything pique your interest in the Announcement Day article?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/meren-loves-fungus/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

P I R A T E S
Finally I might get some good cards for my Ramirez deck.

>Anything pique your interest in the Announcement Day article?

Ixalan looks like it'll be fun.

JTMS is much better than one sided howling mine for 4 though, since it doesn't die to Obliterate or Disenchant

I was hoping for Commander news today, but I guess it's tomorrow or Friday?

LEGENDARY DINOSAUR

Ixalan looks dope. Hoping for some cool shit out of that.

Explorers of Ixalan also has my interest. I wanna get around to buying a big multiplayer product for friends and I. Planechase Anthology is on my mind but I don't feel like dropping the money it demands for it. Maybe Explorers will be fucking cool.

Ixalan gives me a lot of original Zendikar vibes. Cool exploration shit. Hoping that is the case.

As far as I know this was the big product announcement day. Maybe we'll get info at HASCON or something but it looks like they're being vague about Commander 2017 and Iconic Masters.

i am not sure if there was any plans for commander announcements.

I honestly was hoping today was the day.

Meren or Breya precon for 50$ ?

PIRATES LIVE!

That's enough, I'm excited for Ixalan.

Do you like reanimation or artifacts? Value wise Breya might be a bit better, but they're roughy the same

Probably Breya. Meren's deck usually has half of it stripped to make room for other cards.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/meren-loves-fungus/

What should I rotate out from my main deck and put in from my Maybe Board?

Well, they're big on this being a whole announcement (work-)week, and Commander 2017 was already announced before.

As you can see, I'm grasping at straws here. The leaks made me hungry. I know it's far too early for spoilers, but something on the tribes and colors would be welcome.

It is odd that we haven't even heard of what tribes they are using.

The only reason we even know dragons is because of leaks.

it dies to damage

One change I'd advise would be switching Pontiff of Blight for Skullmuncher. Pontiff ain't doin much to forward your decks' strategy and you should get lots of mileage from Skullmuncher. You should also be running Verdoloth, the Ancient

UNSETS ARE CANCER

Hell yeah. If they do make one I wonder if it will be the vanilla legend they've been talking about.

So does your mother

>not buying 2 boxes for the baller full art basics
>not running gotcha cycle in your cube

>they keep making threads with discord in the OP
Ugh.

>HASCON
Isn't that on september?
Isn't C17 dropping in august?

remmeber that this is announcement week, the week isnt over

U_____ ARE CANCER

>hey guys can I play with uncards in my deck?
>no
>but it's just
>no
>I
>no

No
o

Honestly, if someone asked me that, I would say no. I hate to say slippery slope, but once someone is allowed one un-card, suddenly everyone else wants un-cards.

Why not have everyone make one deck each that has uncards.

>they let you run Richard Garfield because "how bad can it be?"
>win as soon as he resolves

>they let you run R&D's Secret Lair because "how bad can it be?"
>60-ways-to-break-it.dec

I wish this would actually happen to me.

In EDH, JtMS is a 4 drop Brainstorm as he'll die before your next turn. And beyond that, he will attract so much hate against you even though he is mediocre in EDH simply because of the stigma of
> OMG he played that expensive and renown JtMS!

Yes Pirates! MaRo has been snooping on us over the last year. He hasn't missed a beat over what we've been doing and putting out damn near every single idea the Snowflakes have had a year prior.

It does to literally everything else. Bolt. Hmm.

Legendary Dinosaur w/ Double Strike, Trample, Haste

Watch it happen.

I want my Pirate Walkers now, damnit.

I also want Pirates vs Ninjas duel deck.

Un-sets are fine. Let's hope for some beautiful full arts.

No one gives a shit.

Because it's dumb. Someone will cheat in Gleemax or 15 Cheatyfaces.

This.

Go home. You're drunk... or not drunk enough. Choose one. I don't really care which.

Kill yourself, redditor.

The Fuck is this? If you're going to namefag, be competent, and if you're not competent, be brief. This is just painful to read.

Kill yourself.

Yeah, I'm actually inclined to agree with here. This is just unnecessary. All you're doing is dropping no-context one-liners without any coherence or wit.

So, to quote the 1996 Godzilla: "That's a lot of Fish."

Imagine a thread without baitposting. It is a thread of discussion. On the edge of enjoyability and fun, known as The Twilight Board.

holy fuck dude yikes. please never fucking post again

R/D is 2 years ahead, faggot, not 1. So really, you fuckers are just following Wizards' R/D.

Also, kill yourself.

I think it's unironic, I've seen this shit before.

Someone wanna explain OP's image to me? JTSM is substantially more powerful than a one-sided howling mine, but he's basically succeeded at making his point. Howling mine is decent ergo Jace should be viable.

Cheatyface should always be unanimously allowed
Anything else is unacceptable

this image is making me feel rashy already.

It was a stupid comparison, that's the only point the image is making.

JTMS is a one-sided Howling Mine for 4, and a black lotus is three Simian Spirit Guides stapled together!
It's a retarded comparison

>three Simian Spirit Guides
don't be retarded, it's 1.5 Simian Spirit Guides and 1.5 Elvish Spirit Guides

Jace in EDH is basically a 2UU charm for as long as he lasts. He's in that weird flux where he's a good card that gets you ganged up in MP, but not quite good enough to make the final cut in 1v1.

Now who's being stupid? It's three desert cards that got stuck together because someone handled them with their fat piggy fingers while eating pancakes.

I'd say it's you being stupid, for namefagging.

Jace is overrated in edh. Best case scenario, you can brainstorm once or twice before he dies. Any playgroup worth it salt kills a Jace as fast as possible, because he is so value.

The problem is that that value is rarely ever taken advantage of because of the huge target he paints on you.

In a vacuum Jace is good, but only in a vacuum.

EXACTLY! I'M VERY GLAD WE'RE CLEAR ON THIS SUBJECT. I WON'T STOP NAMEFAGGING BUT AT LEAST WE UNDERSTAND ONE ANOTHER. THIS HAS BEEN A GOOD EXCHANGE.

I'm not him. Why are you namefagging?

I haven't played Magic in a serious fashion in like nine years. Could Jace basically be used in the exact fashion you're describing? As an aggro puller? Basically just forcing your opponent to waste effort on eliminating him?

I'm Wayne. That's it.

They're fairly benign cancer though, since they automatically flag themselves as useless cancer and are thus unable to spread.

>MaRo has been snooping on us over the last year
If it means we'd get a Film Noir storyline in a pseudo-1930's world I certainly won't complain.

Never been to reddit. Sorry buddy.

And what exactly isn't "competent" in those responses?

Impossible.

No coherence? The context is what they are responding to. Go home. You need to be drunk.

This.

I'm good with not doing that.

Again. People say they are "2 years ahead", but R&D really aren't. They are barely two blocks (now just four sets) ahead.

And how is it stupid just for namefagging?

Obviously I'm not the same person, but relevance, right?

Cool it with the caps. We get the point.

Does it matter why anyone uses a feature offered to them?

We won't. Sorry, Love.

I bet you spitescoop and play Kaalia

Nope and Nope.

I even bought the Commander Anthology set and sold her instantly.

Also, I'm a pretty chill guy. I just call people out on their faggorty and tell people to cut it out.

That's all.

Yo why Aren't you at least running the real OG fungus man in your 100. Shameful user, shameful.

No user, you are the faggort.

Oh no.

You mean 99.

Maybe that was a subtle way of suggesting that Thelon can be the commander?

It'd be neat if nipmoot made it so namefagging or tripfagging without a reason was a reportable offence.

Also I hope ixalan gives me a nice RUG commander

Just filter the dread pirate faggot. He's just fishing for (You)s.
It should be, unless it's OP and the thread absolutely needs him to tripfag.

100 includes commander, but usually the commander is given. also partners go towards the 100 card total, so you would have 98 in deck. 97 because sol ring.

96 because in a deck with partners, Command Tower is a must.

61 because most people run about 34 other lands

Commander news? You just got a Crucible of Worlds that can be fetched up by Green Sun, Chord, and Woodland Bellower. The fuck do you want?

Those are leaks for the upcoming Hour of Devastation.

People really want to know what tribes are in the upcoming tribal decks being released this august.

>34 lands
Stop that

60 after mana crypt.

95 because mana crypt, 94 because mana vault, 93 because sensei's beyblade, etc, etc.

land amount depends on the deck. the only excuse for not having cards that you can run in any deck is budget.

33 even

>this complete tard
By replying to that many posts in such a... fashion, it's evident you don't browse this board, or many boards. Your "commentary" is remedial, opinion based, unsupported and devoid of meaning based on the depth you addressed each point. I mean, shit dude, "ya pirates and Dino's, I want a double strike dragon, mind sculptor is bad in edh" is a flawless summary of EVERYTHING you said.

Bring the heat or get out of the kitchen. If you can't be insightful, be brief.

This is Veeky Forums. We are all faggots here. But, doesn't mean people have to be annoyingly over the top faggots.

Quit it or I will tripfag.

Why would namefagging or tripfagging be punishable? If you don't want it, go to /b/.

Also, we probably will get a native urg Commander in the set.

Again, you're being dumb. Quit it.

This. Very much this. I'm betting the tribes will be Dragons, Angels, Elementals and Slivers. (if we are getting all Domain tribes)

I run 35 and then rocks/dorks accordingly depending on the mana curve and colors.

This is Veeky Forums. We don't have to post like it's our paid online article.

You really want me to get in depth about every single little thing? How much of an edgelord are you?

Do it. Prove me right.

How does that prove you right? And right about what?

Listen guys, I take back everything I said. I realize now that I'm a huge faggot. I'll put on a trip hence forth to make it easier to filter my shitty posts.

Your commentary is not in any way needed or wanted.

Cute, but even cute faggots get fucked.

Now back to the sissy threads on /gif/ with you.

I'm down for banning tutors, fetches and top if only for logistical reasons. My Sedris deck (tuned like a motherfucker) pretty much can be Jeleva storm if I swap out 20 cards or so. If we were assuming unlimited budget, your options get less and less, ironically enough.

Stop. Don't respond to him, just filter him. Report him and hope the mods are worth a shit for once.

Oh summertime threads, how I did not miss thee.

No one's comments are. That's the point of Veeky Forums. Quit being a colossal faggot.

I literally cannot stop sucking cocks. It's difficult to post with a massive dick lodged down my throat, but I am nothing if not determined.

I can't stop sucking cocks. I'm sorry.

I used to think that land destruction had no place in casual EDH... But now I realize I had a warped view of casual EDH. I used to think that cards like Sheoldred, Jitte, Ulamog, a few God enchantment creatures, etc all had no place in casual EDH.
Nowadays I realize that these things are fine for casual EDH, but with that realization I've also realized that Land Destruction should be fine as well. The truth is that if someone is playing mono red they not only can't take care of powerful enchantments but they have very few ways to take out creatures with over 7 toughness or indestructible creatures. So are you going to tell me that they should either A) get very lucky or B) willingly lose the game because they have no options?
No, neither of those choices are acceptable. The truth is that land destruction is the most powerful tool in Red's arsenal, not using it puts mono red players at a supreme disadvantage. If you feel like you're allowed to use supremely strong creatures "because they can be removed" or supremely strong enchantments "because they can be removed" then I feel that I'm allowed to use supremely strong land destruction "because you can run mana rocks".
And just as you say "Well you should run more removal!" I say "Well you should run more mana rocks!" and then you can say "Well I do but they aren't in my hand right now!" and I reply WITH THE EXACT SAME SENTIMENT towards removal.
So at the end of the day I say this; If the point of casual edh is still to win, which it obviously is if you're running $20 powerful praetors, then I'm going to do what I can to win, which is to keep you from being able to play those praetors.

Fuck you I've been here since 2013.

Banning tutors, fetchlands, and top is ridiculous. That's just asking for the format to be casual as fuck. I don't need my Commander games lasting 3 hours.

Also, you can report all you like. I'm not breaking any rules.

Honestly, I just want to be loved, even if it's only for a moment.

Yeah. What faggots. Fine. I'm tripping.

Chalk this thread up as a total loss.

Any spice for Teneb reanimator?

Also, lurking since 2006.

Lurking since the age of 5. Impressive.

Also, I somewhat agree with this faggot right here.

He makes a lot of valid points. I personally don't have a problem with anyone running anything in their decks that isn't banned. It's a part of the game right? And things are only banned when they are harmful to the format itself. And lend destruction isn't. Though, it is the one thing that I don't like seeing overly used. Especially when I'm playing a 3+ color deck. It kind of shuts you down.

I guess we should start running more enchantments, rocks, and counterspells. Hmm?

Either way. Play to have fun. No one has fun losing all the damn time. And that is something to take in consideration for yourself and your opponent when deck building.

lol, that's cute. I like you. Would you like to come over and try my homemade Cajun burgers? Afterwords you can try my dick too.

We'll have a lot of fun. :)

Honestly I very much expect Dragons, Humans, Slivers (with a horribly overpowered new Legendary) and Eldrazi (5 color Devoid Legendaries that have no lore support).

>And things are only banned when they are harmful to the format itself.
Yeah, like Ad Naus and Biorhythm.