What is the stupidest idea for a custom Space Marine chapter?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Golden_Aquilas
1d4chan.org/wiki/Flesh_Helms
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pretty Marines.

I had a pretty fucking moronic one when I was a dumb kid. The 'lavamarines', where I tried to paint them in lava-camouflage and it came out as an orange-red-yellow fucking mess, every time. I ruined so many models before I gave up.

Veeky Forums's "reasonable" marines

Femarines

Take the knot

I'm still mad cause the underlying idea was interesting

The Ultramarines' planet is called Ultramar. How fucktarded is that?

Vampire Girl Marines.

Assemble the Dreadknights!

SpaceMarine in SpaceMarine Chapter

Something as terribly special snowflake as possible

>One of the two missing legions
>Purged for trying to use Chaos to their advantage
>Except not really, they used their warp magic to travel to the future
>Geneseed gradually turns them into giant firebreathing dragons, similar to how the space wolves turn into giant wolves
>Don't suffer any ill effects from that
>Use Daemonic weapons and magic without suffering any corruption because reasons
>Homeworld is a utopia paraduse
>Chapter has more members than the Black Templars
>Highly devoted to the Emperor even in spite of all this
>Best friends with the inquisition who work to make sure nobody calls them out for Heresy
>Also have multiple Guard Regiments and a Sisters of Battle order under their direct command

That seems suitably awful

Actual Space Marines Marines in that they only fight in Water Based Worlds? No space combat, not ground combat, only naval and submarine warfare

You're just butthurt about them poking fun at 40k.

Don't give them ideas you fool!

The dumbest homebrew chapter I had ever seen was, and I swear to you that this is 100% accurate so far as my memory goes:
>Lost Legion
>Still living Female Primarch as psychically powerful as the Emperor
>Controls its own Empire separate from the Imperium
>Utopian Paradise where everyone is taught about everything, and there's no trace of chaos corruption anywhere and Eldar and Tau and other Xenos peacefully co-exist with everyone.

I'm sure there was more, but that's what I remember. Unsurprisingly it was on deviantart. I'm not one who instantly scoffs at Lost Legion homebrews, but they do seem to be used almost exclusively to create a ton of other snowflakiness. As if being a Lost Legion excuses their rampant snowflakiness instead of adding to it.

Fuck. Only reason I clicked this thread was to post that.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Golden_Aquilas

>One of the two missing legions

Aren't the missing legions missing purely so that people can write their own legions?

t. ultrasuccessor player

They are, but it's also a pretty big red flag since people go overboard with it most of the time

>Utopian Paradise where everyone is taught about everything, and there's no trace of chaos corruption anywhere and Eldar and Tau and other Xenos peacefully co-exist with everyone.
At that point, why even bother with 40k?

You mean Fem Bloodangels?

Space Wolves.

Mine and yours

>tfw one sneeze is all that stands between you and impaling your face on your bra

1d4chan.org/wiki/Flesh_Helms

Although stupidest in the best possible way, imo.

>Behold the Admechs newest in power armour and weapons technology!
>We present you the power-corset, with inbuilt spikes for maximum heretic-killing-power!

Do t hey come with Wolfen with horse cocks for fucking them on their off time?

Someone better have a screencap of the "knotted" space marine chapter, one of the "space wolf chapters"

Transgirl Half Eldar Femmarines

Their colors are yellow, copper, and brown. It has violet fish patterns on the legs. They fire Necron weapons and can take wyches as allies at a points discount. Also ride in devilfish because fluff.

TAKE THE KNOT user!

Space Viking Werewolf Marines

Holy shit

pumpkin marines.
halloween themed chapter

???
what was the idea behind soviet marines?

Stupid forced meme. What kind of fucking weirdo would make thst connection. The spergs who post OMG FUCKING FURRIES are the real furries tbqh

>that entire description

This is a hilarious idea. Total backwater salamander successors.

The OP pic is a pretty big contender.

The Lamenters

Is this bad? Mostly WIP but I'm still fleshing out some stuff

>successor chapter of the Lamenters
>color scheme is primarily yellow with a red torso/helmet, green bolter casing
>after the Lamenters fell into the warp storm, their forces were broken apart
>one force was left behind and didn't escape with the main fleet
>fought their way out of the void much like the Lamenters did but in the opposite direction
>had to use more conservative battle tactics, adapting to the harshness of the void by becoming skilled hunters
>now primarily put their skills to use hunting xenos that pose a threat and defending human civilians in the most isolated parts of the galaxy

Chapter name is the Zebesian Raiders for now but I'm still open to changing it or pretty much anything else since nothing is cemented other than the general concept

I'll fite u m8

>53808638
Correction

1:Zebesian Raiders
2:The Lamenters

Well, I'm glad someone else had a laugh at it.

I eventually realised I was just too shit at painting to make it look anywhere near what I wanted (and would never get better, Dyxpraxia sucks), so I settled for more basic colour schemes. Still shitty, but less likely to inflict eye cancer.

Th-thanks

> "They're all [Psykers/Pariahs/Nulls], so --"

Stop.

Stop this.

>Is this bad?

Yeah. If you want to make a Metroid reference, do it subtly. Use the Ridley color scheme or something. Don't just go stampeding towards the Samus archetype.

Any all primaris chapter

Would HAVE to be some kind of splinter group of the thousand sons, and all the chaos space marine detractions that go along with that. Your Warband would be a bunch of drooling Rubric Marines, with some sentient psykers, but yeah anything besides that is just retarded.

Veeky Forums's assblasted nature over the Primaris always makes me laugh.

Great series, in many ways it's more like 40k than 40k is.

I see Lamenters and Primaris marines and wonder;
Will the Lamenters get Primaris marines? Are they too unlucky/badass to not get them? Will they get them and it turns out they're defective and die/go insane when they're needed the most?

You're really going to stop at the planet? This is the same chapter called the Ultramarines who are the ultra marines, wearing ultramarine armor.

Iron marines would be pretty cool

>Ridley color scheme
Maybe for the dreadnoughts? I had the idea of most of them having the Power Suit colors, with a few different squads being different suit colors and the commander in Varia suit colors

I like to think they're unfortunate enough to not get anything. I still love em though

>What is the stupidest idea for a custom Space Marine chapter?

Isn't that like asking which strain of syphilis is the worst?

Only if you're autistic.

Sauce?

Space wolves

Requiem Vampire Knight.

Yours.

Fuck you. I almost did this. Even located Jack O Lantern helmets.

Rasta-Marines. Putting the Dreads in Dreadnoughts.

Though let's be honest, Reasonable Marines are where Veeky Forums really fucked up.

I would have called them "Magmarines".

>What is the stupidest idea for a custom Space Marine chapter?

Female space marines

Requiem Vampire Knight

Looks like Shelley Duvall

>Dyxpraxia
I know the feeling, I've got Dysgraphia and it affects everything to do with fine motor skills, it really blows no matter how much I practice my painting will never get better.

The idea is that you write your chapter as a missing legion succesor, not an entire legion.

the emperor penguins.

Similarly to your idea, I had one as a kid where they were like a black ops team. Small in number, but super elite. They were sneakier than other chapters.

I called them Shadow Wolves. Not realizing the Space Wolves chapter already ruined them.

link

A friend of mine had a homebrew chapter that I thought was pretty interesting. He called them the forgotten warriors or some shit. basically they were a chapter made up of space marines of other chapters who went missing in action. they keep the emblems of their previous chapters with an X over them.

Now that's actually a pretty cool idea. Would be difficult to keep them all on the same page as far as tactics go though.

you'd have to have operative cells made up of chapters that work well together and then train the various cells to be able to work together.

more difficult would be explaining why they didn't just go back to their old chapters.

I think he meant the chapters went missing, not the marines.

There's poking fun, and then there's 'too dense to get the point of the setting'.
(A descriptor which, to be fair, also includes a fair chunk of the fanbase.)

>they keep the emblems of their previous chapters with an X over them.

That's a real easy way to get shot on sight by Imperials.

>look errywan i maed a legion of nazi space-nazis
Redundant. As all. Hell.

that's actually pretty cool. especially the pattern on the cape.

t. marinelet player

That's a very well painted swastika though

I don't even get the nazi comparisons.

purge this filthy abomination

You mean great art? The actual storytelling is somehow both clingy and boring.

I had never heard of this idea until now, and I must be a retard because without thinking into it too much that actually sounds like an idea that could be fun to explore.

Pic related OP

Soviet marines you say?

any kind of modern nerd culture reference chapter

Given the preface
>So far as my memory goes
I would be incredibly surprised if he remembered it, and it hasn't been lost to the depths of deviant art forever buried among all the OC Donut Steel trash that site has spawned. If it hasn't been outright deleted

Maybe a chapter made up of the cobbled-together survivors of decimated, lost or destroyed chapters?

Yep, sounds like the dumbest idea.

Fun fact, Shadow Wolves are a canon chapter. They are mentioned in Helsreach.

Tyranids ate them all though,

Is it /thatguy/ tier to want to run a homebrew Space Marine chapter that's secretly Alpha Legion who are still anti-Chaos (in line with the events of Legion)?

>New chapter formed
>Renegade Alpha Legion want to be loyal
>Slowly they infiltrate the chapter
>Over hundreds of years, the Chapter is now Alpha Legion Gene-Seed hidden behind lies

The Wedgie Marines

we darkangels now.

> tfw nazi are so butthurt they can't stop shitposting even after 70 years had passed

Que?