Return to Dominaria Confirmed

why is no one talking about this

Do you actually think Wizards can do a return to Dominiara justice?

between that and another unset something good might happen

A friend of mine was behind on news. I shared the exciting news of returning to Dominaria and got a, "What's that? Is that a place? Have we been there before?"

It was at this point I realized new players not only don't care about Dominaria, they don't even know it's something TO care about.

I just want more Kavu

Richard Garfield is back for it... so I'm actually caustiously optimistic about it.

Well let's see their previous track record is

>Battle for Zenidikar
>Shadows over Innistrad

BfZ sucked massively and Shadows was just mediocre.

I'm not optimistic

Really? That's pretty cool.

I always really wanted a return to Dominaria, but now that it's announced I'm not so sure.

You forgot mirrodin and ravnica, which were good and shit respectively.

So extrapolating from present data, there is a 25% chance that it could be good.

Well it's about damn time. All they have to do now is ditch/kill off the Jacetice League.

Was gonna say "Inb4 newfags asking 'what's Dominaria?'", but yeah. That.

Wasnt It, y'know, the central plane that had the easiest access to most other relevant planes If you were a planeswalker? I mean, before everyone with a planeswalker spark got needed by Teferi's "un-fuck the universe" trick? It's also the home plane of all of the most powerful beings In the multiverse, so there's that.

*nerfed. Fuck.

>Dominaria
>With the Jacestice League as protagonists

They're gonna absolutely ruin it.

They're gonna start toning down the Jacetice league though.

Yes, but one of them is FROM dominaria
Granted it's liliana

I think rtr was average to good, depending on what aspects of the game your talking about.

there's like three threads talking about it

Lily is actually the best of the bunch

It's about Goddamn time.

Watch as they awaken some old phyrexian horror who wrecks them

Didn't Dominaria get irreversibly fucked during Time Spiral and that was the reason we didn't return to it? Because it was pretty much gone?

Dominaria has been irreversibly fucked at least 4 times now.

Yeah, but I seem to remember that this time it actually really got fucked. Didn't the core implode, the entire plane shattered, most of it either desintegrated, sucked into the Aether or flung into the Multiverse and what's left is timeshifted all over the place?

None of the above.
Mana was pretty much gone, now it's back and recovering.
Gimme my thallids back.

>Llanowar Reject, 1G 1/1, tap for G
>Lightning Whiff, 1R, 3 damage to a creature
>Anger of Diety, 3WW, destroy all creatures
>Rare Blade, 1BB, destroy target creature or planeswalker at sorcery speed, 4BB New Mechanic
>Cancel

All your favorites, updated to modern Magic glory.

But seriously? Until they start showing us cards or story, who the fuck knows. Dominaria is a flood of lore and mechanics, wrapped in a vanilla fantasy crust. Without details we have even less to go on than, "magical notEgypt."

With classic frames Masterpiece yes.

because it's gonna be shit

Because it's not gonna be Otaria and MaRo is still involved so it'll be shit.

Fuck yeah Thallids. Best tribal.

SLIVERFAGS REPORT IN!

dropping this now to protect my fellow silverfags.

does this mean they will go back to tailed merfolk?

a man can dream

Mah slivah nigga

Cause everyones talking about the unset.

I COME FROM THE DISTANT FUTURE, WHERE OUR SLIVER IS LAW.

Hah yeah. Your hoping they haven't "Evoled" into the new breed as well.

We will prevail.

All will be one.

Bring it on home.

fucking hell who let the phyrexia fag into the hive?

>Richard Garfield is back for it
I don't fucking believe you.

Akensés

>implying he won't be in the Executive Producer role
>"hey what's my involvement in this set?"
>"oh just sign here sir, it's for your bonus"

Nu-canon is a go. Everything was reset when Origins was released. Dominaria never happened.

Dude they said exactly that.

Dominaria was explicitly recovering in Future Sight, which took place 60odd years ago in-lore.

>>Llanowar Reject, 1G 1/1, tap for G
Whoa there friend, I think you mean 0/1 tap for G. New players will be upset when you block their 2/1 and float mana :^)

>>Llanowar Reject, 1G 1/1, tap for G

The next block seems to literally take place in a rainforest, if we don't get Birds of Paradise I will be many upset.

Personally I can't wait for

>Mana Dribble
>counter target spell unless they pay 2 or just say no. You lose 20 life.
>uncommon

Newer player here, don't care about Dominaria and I'm not sure why you think it's something I should care about. Ixalan seems much more exciting.

Its wotcs fault. Ive been playing since dtk and they have referenced dominaria less than a handful of times. If I wasnt an autist I wouldnt know what dominaria is.

Dominarian merfolk are shapeshifters

Incorrect.
ONE Dominarian merfolk learned how to cast a spell to shapeshift, which he found uncomfortable to do.
That was, however, a few centuries ago and knowledge of it could have spread since then, but Dominarian merfolk are tailed and cannot naturally shapeshift.

RETURN OF HOMARIDS

To be specific, Dominaria had endured at least three total planar apocalypses and recoveries until the full-on Phyrexian invasion which involved an entirely new level of turbo-apocalypse including Yawgmoth literally overlaying an entire artificial plane onto Dominaria to stage the invasion and weapons on plane-shattering potency being regularly released.

It had so many apocalypses it triggered a super-apocalypse caused by apocalypse overdose that shattered all of time and space causing the past and future and even theoretical alternative worlds to overlap and nearly broke the entire multiverse until someone had to seal it up by sacrificing the literal concept of Old Planeswalkers.

That's what MaRo said in the video, anyway.

Fucking somebody gets it

>those art pieces of the apocalypse war with urza's power armour actually in scale
man, the invasion was a let down in many respects, but the idea of it was fucking cool

Gatecrash is one of my favorite sets of all time. The Gruul, Orzhov, Boros, and Simic had a great feel to their gameplay; only the Dimir were a disappointment.

Hey guys you wanna hang out?

Get The Fuck Out

Hey, now. We can find a use for it.
These vindicates won't power themselves, after all.

When you consider the fact that the last two blocks Richard Garfield worked on were two of the best blocks that WotC has made, it's pretty fucking exciting that he'll be back for the return to Dominaria.