games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>put the fucking roster builder in the OP you autists

webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator

How good are Reavers and Helions now?

I just pulled 100 monopose painting-demo marines out of a gw dumpster

what should I do with them

2nd for this thread will burn in autism and cheetahs

10/10 roster builder inclusion in OP

>marines

incineration

>this is who you share /40kg/ with

Holy shit.
What did I walk into last thread?

Was finishing up with painting a Quad-las Predator and decided to see what was going on today.

Evidently what was happening was Cheetahs and some sort of Slaanesh weirdo

Autismos maximanus

Keep the past thread in the past thread.

People trying way too hard to laugh at something really mundane.

Just a pair of avatarfags avoiding bans and being unrepentant faggots. Just a normal day on /40kg/.

Pic related is how slaanesh weirdo behaves IRL

some 12 year old autismo got into an argument with the internet claiming he was the "good guy" and he needed not stop shitposting slaanesh pics and about slaanesh because we offended him

then some faggot doxxed him out of discord with their convos about his daddy issues and cheetaguy had a full on laughoploexy while the kid posted threats about how our familys should die

honestly this is the worse general

Chaos anons, what are your standouts from the index? I'm excited to use Terminators with Warptime Sorcerers, they finally feel like the elite force they are in the fluff. Chaos Predators also look pretty neat.

Thoughts on the attached list?

Who even cares about any user's real life? I'm here to talk about plastic soldiers and plastic soldier accessories.

Well Ok then.

Will do, was just curious, didn't care much beyond a short rundown.

On Veeky Forums or in general?
Because I've seen stuff that equals that in other generals.

Looks illegal for tourneys im afraid

Dammit

You are correct.

Too many infiltrators.

>implying anyone would play against this WAACfag nonsense

I want to make a fun group of 'crons that really play up their "coming back to life" thing so that they can pull off some fun Tzeentch levels of "haha I was only pretending to be dead!" but I don't really know if they'd sync well with Chaos because of their whole not being alive thing. Ideas to make it work?

I'd be wary about bringing that many psykers to one match.

Warp Time is definitely good. Be aware that it can't hit Chaos Daemons, only Traitors.

Heldrake looks pretty good for being an insanely fast unit that can lock up something important in combat from t1 on. It flies over everything, moves across half the board, etc. It's also pretty hard to kill.

On the Chaos Daemons side of things, I think Slaanesh has a lot of potential. Fiends of Slaanesh seem overcosted, but you can summon one along side a giant unit of daemonettes and ensure that nothing can fall back out of your meat grinder. Speaking of Daemonettes are very very good.

Does this pass your fluff meter?
>Fallen hold up on backwater planet
>Link up with resident SoS and Custodes who believe they failed the emperor and have chosen solitude
>Cypher convinces the SoS and Custodes of his intentions of bringing back the emperor/the lion
>Form traveling band of renegades operating independently but helping the imperium in various ways

Crons in general don't work well with Chaos. But now I'm thinking about a Cron Lord who thinks that having experiences is the true definition of living, and now "tours" the galaxy with his personal guard in tow so that he can behold beautiful landscapes.

Should I make some coffee, sober up and paint or finish this gin and pass out?

Coffee, sober and paint.

this specific general
the other generals are okay, Veeky Forums is by no means the worst board

>Because I've seen stuff that equals that in other generals.
I haven't none of the other wargaming ones are this bad. Hell returning to HH after the armour autism was over was surprising.

Point is you don't get this bullshit in the others

Mix coffee, gin, paint

A literal autist with actual mental issues posts on here and ruins threads by posting his fetishes every now and then. Someone doxxed him.

It was funny.

Huff the paint, finish up your coffee, soak your models in gin.

doesn't look like garbage
anything you gearing to fight in particular?

>dereliction of duty runaway custards leaving terra
sure, lemme add their brethren as allies for my xenos

No. Holy fuck, user, no.

I dunno. There are your dudes and then there are GW's dudes. Cypher is the latter, and although I haven't been keeping up, this seems to assume his intentions.

you can't paint drunk? have you tried to before?

I go to a couple on different boards, they all have their periods of shitposting that rivals what happened last thread.

No better, no worse.

That I kinda picked up on.

Nah, just a general 'show up at the local tournament' style list.

Ah so this is from the Admech faction focus article.
>The shooting version (Corpuscarii) gives you mass amounts of shots that explode on a 6+ to hit. And be aware that if you can get a +1 to hit, you get the bonus hits on the roll of a 5 or 6 – especially if you’re standing next to a Character that lets you re-roll hits.
Would this mean that having +1 to hit makes it impossible to have plasma 'get hot'?

Also my friend plays necrons. Wouldnt this make his Tesla immortals ridiculous?

spray paint black, do minor details (iron hands, black templars, who gives a fuck), run it as a serious army-MEQ spam. Enjoy the face of disgust of your opponents as you tell them you didn't even spend a penny on this super cheap army.

How would an Ad Mech list affect Necrons?

I would assume so.

Pretty sure that things that hit on a 1 or 6 happen on natural rolls and special effects don't happen if they're naturally boosted there?

Yes, Tesla Immortals can deal 15.55 wounds to a theoretical conscript blob in a single round of shooting if you give them +1 to hit and a Triarch Stalker buff.

No, it would not. Plasma specifically states "on a hit roll of 1". A +1 bonus does not change what you got on the roll, and as such does not affect plasma. Anything that happens on an X+ however, does benefit from bonuses.

For example, in T'au, Longstrike buffs the To-wound rolls of allied Hammerheads, which can affect the dealing of mortal wounds by the solid-shot railgun, as that occurs on a to-wound of 6+.

It would appear so. But I think the Admech HQs only give re-rolling 1s not +1 to hit.

Jesus the rule you fucking dumbass.

So Tau can deal mortal wounds on a 5+ with MLs?

Are banshees or wyches more efficient? Assume no PFP or Battle Focus. This is in a Ynnari list. Combat Drugs allowed.

Pity even that isn't that great.

>on a roll of 6 (or 1, or whatever, just no modifiers)
Requires unmodified
>on a roll of 6+ (or 5+, or whatever)
Allows for modifiers

On paper they should be pretty solid.
I'm planning on picking up Gangs of Commorragh at some point for them.

I didn't pay attention to Hellions, I don't own any.

But Reavers are 4+ sv and effectively Str 4 AP-1 in melee due to bladevanes which is sweet. 2W is also nice.

They also only got a marginal point increase and gained a lot of durability. Gotta remember that you can pick combat drugs now
so it helps them do exactly what you want them to. Probably going to be +1A or +1T.

Theoretically, how would they say on a roll of 1 with modifiers

1-?

Rate me. I will probably swap the Zoanthropes for a Malanthrope if its points cost is reasonable.

10 tesla immortals?

yeah that's what i said.
Veeky Forums is by no means the worse board.
but this general, often is the worst among our generals if the last two bombed threads indicate anything

I would recommend fitting a swarmlord in there. The synergy with genestealers is huge.

>A +1 bonus does not change what you got on the roll, and as such does not affect plasma.
Im not following this. How does +1 to hit not affect the roll to hit?

Ah, alright.

Thanks for the clarification.

Anyways, now to sleep and look forward to finish painting the predator, building/painting another one, and assembling 10 tac marines for a 1k list to start off with

No wait, wound rolls aren't affected by MLs

I have a couple questions about Chaos Demons:
Where is the overlap between 40k and Age of Sigmar?

What is common, what is different?

A couple of avatarfagging idiots who don't understand board culture got into a Texas cage-match tardfight.

It affects the outcome, but not what you rolled. You roll, modifiers are applied, an outcome happens. When it specifies "on the roll" then you never get to step 2.

You mean in units or like effectiveness?

The idea is to put the Genestealers into the Trygon tunnel and deepstrike both them and the Broodlord on a flank, putting them well outside the Swarmlords ability range. Leaving only the Swarmlord itself to benefit from it.

>When it specifies "on the roll" then you never get to step 2.
And where is the rule that states this?

Who else is pumped for when FW releases their knight rules?

Pumped for the Taunar and Manta!

If what you were saying was the case then rolls of 5 would not trigger an effect the happens on 6.

rules-wise, and are there (for example) nurgle units that are specific to AoS? 40k?

What difference in rules is there between the AoS rulesheet and the 40k rules?

>no sisters of battle list assets

LITERALLY TRASH, desu

Me. I can't wait to see all the shiny new variants Chaos can take now.

Like that other guy said, the wording is different when modifiers are allowed. When it's phrased as "on a roll" then you don't get modifiers but when something says "6+" then obviously it allows them because how else would you get to a roll of 7 or 8?

Using the example of the T'au Hammerhead Railgun w/Solid shot-

"Each time you make a wound roll of 6+"
This is different from "when you roll a 6".

Like your Ecclisiarchy?

Can a vehicle with smoke launchers use them on a turn in which it advanced?

Is he stepping on a church?

It's funnier knowing everything that happened. Fucking kek, that was a hilarious read.

Not him, but let's say you have a gun that had Special ability that procd on a roll of X, not X+, so your die has to physically be X, not x-2 with a +2 bonus

All the daemons currently out can be used in AoS, the rules are different though.

6/10

You're better off with a swarmlord than putting a broodlord in a tyrannocyte. It'll get murdered too fast to pay 162 points.

Always take termagants in blobs of 30 with 15 devourers minimum, preferably 20-25 for the unit that's burrowing with the trygon. Pop up the try sideways and fit all of your devourers on the side closest to the enemy to get the unit in range of what it needs to be.

Zoanthropes aren't worth taking sadly. 160 points for a slightly upgraded smite and an ability to heal ONE wound a turn is pretty horrible. I wanted them to be better but they just aren't.

Harpy are a mixed bag. They mean good with strafing runs but won't last long at all.

Make the trygon a prime. Since you aren't deepstriking your synapse creature you need it to be one instead.

The rest of your list is good but you'll need a small unit of warriors to babysit your biovores/exocrine.

It's one dude working on it in his spare time, be patient.

Yes.

That is risky though. 20 genestealers take up a lot of space on the board, and a smart opponent can screen you quite effectively. Remember, the opponent only has to keep the gap between units less than 18 inches to prevent an interior deep strike. Also, you don't have good odds of making the charge without a command point reroll

No thats just singular versus plural wording. What you are claim is not in the shooting rules for 8th. There are no steps.

The faction focus for Deathwatch was less than a paragraph... Why does GW hate my army?

Zoanthropes are mediocre at best, and in a list like nids with heaps of good options they're pretty shit. Its like 2.4 mortal wounds per turn total, without the chance to leave minefields around the place. Broodlord benefits most from two blobs of stealers, tervigons can only replenish gants if they arent wiped out so squads of thirty are near-mandatory to prevent them focus-firing them down one at a time. The rest of the list is fine, but i feel that you're trying to split between close assault and midrange swarm and the overall synergy suffers for it-you're spending ~800 points on delivering one assaulty blob, one monster and a low-bs shooty pod, when you could run a full assault or a gunline capable of shooting down anything before it gets into range

Since all Daemons have the Chaos keyword anyway, why would anyone ever pick Malleus over Hereticus ?

>not X+
X+ just means a 6/7/8 as in 4+ to Hit. Please feel free to disagree but show where it says that in the shooting rules.

Nerrrrrrrrrrrds.

You're as big an army as that paragraph, so why not?

>Army

Deathwatch is more an elites choice for the Inquisition than a stand on its feet army.

But at least you've got rules noa

That would mean modifiers are included. Why would they not standardized the wording in that case considering that 6 and 6+ both pop up numerous times.

X+ is X, X+1, X+2,... Whereas X is just X

The Avatar of Khaine is a daemon.

Aliens won't hunt themselves friend