Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (Pathfinder, and Starfinder)

Team-up Edition:
Is there another character in your game that you character loves to team-up with? What kind of synergies do they have?

PoW errata: dreamscarred.com/path-war-errata/

Link repository; point out problems if found: ghostbin.com/paste/tx5h8
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Dragons 2 Greentext when?

Made one several seconds too late. Might be worth bumping for use if this one gets full, or not.

It's never worth while, Baiken a best but delete it if you can so that we can avoid the potential mess of conflicting OPs. If this is one of those nights you'll probably have a chance to make it later anyways.

Had a new session tonight, we had a big battle followed by an info dump going over what the overarching story of the campaign is going to be, I think it went well!

>/pfg/
No.

Why does no one ever trust creepy wizards? Ive risked my life for the party multiple times and they still don't trust me

Fair enough, although i think I have to wait a bit to do it and considering how late it is It may as well fall into oblivion on it's own.

That said. The Fae weren't really mentioned a whole lot in Starfinder (yet at least) I'm interested in the idea of a horror scenario involving them. Whart are some interesting fae monsters to choose from in Pathfinder that could be re-worked and brought back? The basic premise in my head is that some researchers/explorers find a potential pre GAP artifact that contains the Fae creature and it's manipulating the researchers/driving them mad until it turns into a kind of Silent Hill/Resident Evil type situation where the PCs are trapped in a town/mansion with it.

It is just a wizard's fate to be disliked.
>>/r9k/
But for real, use it to your advantage. To triple cross enemies that might try to take advantage of your creepiness and seemingly think you aren't really with the PCs

They said the first world is still around, and one of the main gods is about nature and fey, its safe to say they will still be around.

V I L D E R A V N

>Not playing your 7 CHA up by being over the top weird

It sucks because when I need to make a call they don't trust me and I end up having to take things into my own hands. I wouldn't harm the party but I had to let this guy escape that they wanted to capture. We are on the same side they just wouldn't trust me when I said let him flee. I used invisibility on him so he could get away and now next session I'm going to have to explain that trust goes both ways. If they aren't willing to trust me then why am I even adventuring with them.

What level are you? Maybe you hark back to your school days when no one liked you, and the party paladin reminds you too much of Chad Stormbriches, so you end up turning the party into frogs.

NOW

Ahem

When we last left our heroes, they were getting FUCKING REKT, one was on the floor, another was almost dead, things looked grim. Not gonna lie.

So when we pick up

>Rinka Vi Britannia goes full Lelouch, calls out the tactical strikes to all of her troops!
>Mei slays two swordman with a single strike
>Lio blasts an archer into la-la land with the power of RAINBOWS
>Calsi brings down the pain with a spell, nauseating the target
>Rinka blasts two archers out of existence
>IN A SINGLE TURN, the tides have massively turned in their favor, having regained the initiative they quickly knock down the last, and are left up against the Ice Queen alone.
>Attacks fly back and forth! Calsi Breathes flame! Rory slices and dices! Mei charges and spears and blasts! Lio secures the target (Had to get him alive!) Rinka's ray is deflected by one of the Queen's own, blasting her, while the cold magic revives the white-blooded Aurora for a desperate final assault, punchgirling her way through it all.
>Everyone lays into the Queen and Rinka overcharges herself for the final time in the battle, striking her down and melting her white heart, and making the TOTALLY HUMAN GIRL pass out into unconciousness
>VICTORY! They've completed the quest for FREE PARKING
>Loot is gathered, gold is gotten, the party re-arms and reforges, and sets themselves up for a month in town, becoming local celebrities with their extravagant performances with dancing and singing and fireworks! Everyone pitches in!
>Also they call the queen to report in, it seems Tiu and her ice stuff is becoming a persistent threat. Also the party gets some sweet gear sent from the Demense.
>But the holo-room thing they set up. Uh. The queen doesn't turn it off after she's done talking.
>Rinka has seen things man
>and heard them too
>Lio seems oddly ok with watching
>The rest of the part reacts with various stages of embarrassment.
>Or flees.

And ding! Level 5 baby.

Why not show them that if they don't trust anyone that it bites them in the butt? It probably makes sense that a wizard never had a lot of friends, and these people he might have been able to call friends end up just treating him as a stranger. Maybe you should wiz them up? Even if you die or get run out of town, the RP will teach the characters a valuable lesson

I'm pretty sure it's coming down to metagaming. They know I made my alignment evil and that I'm a necromancer so they just think I'm working against them. I'm not a fucking idiot and I've helped as much as I can

>Rory isn't dead

you had one job

Oh my, this is perfect. It wouldn't even have to be a horror scenario per sey but could devolve into one when this thing decides to show itself.

Thank you, I have a scenario I need to write.

Well, it's good that they managed to turn things around and avoid being slaughtered to the last man, woman, or rat.

What is the general part alignment? Do you have a paladin or cleric or druid in the party that might be morally against that stuff?

Everyone neutral but me and there's no lawful characters. Nothing I did went against anyone's alignment mechanically. The cleric is just mad because he wanted to capture the guy. Granted the guy was in a shady situation but the rest of the party didn't even know he would be there. They just didn't trust me when I made the call to let him escape so I had to take matters into my own hands and now I look like a dick. I've been dealing with threats from party members and suspicion since we all met even though I've literally helped as much as possible. It's just annoying. Next session I'm going to explain in character that we need to trust each other because our enemies are powerful and numerous. And if I make a call like that I deserve the benefit of the doubt.

>I'm a Necromancer

Fucking idiot.

Oh yeah good forbid someone plays the character they want to play

Makes sense to me. Parties don't always see eye to eye, and once again, if the cleric is worshipping a god that does not mind undead there really should not be a reason to hate you. Just sneakily sneak in your necromancies when you get the chance. Like, use speak to dead to talk to someone you need answers from, spells like that, and work your way up to actual undead.

I'm pretty sure the cleric doesn't even worship a god. He's just upset because the frail and sickly wizard out smarted him

You're a necromancer. Raising the dead. Realistically you leave behind horrifying monstrosities that instinctively attack the nearest living creature and possibly make more of them.

Every single time you do shit with undead, you're risking the ire of basically every good aligned god there is, because there you're doing unspeakably evil magic, let alone if some Pharasmans track you down

The party is paranoid about you because you're literally a walking timebomb.

That is literally your only job. So don't worry too much.

Pretty sure he said he has not even raised dead yet, just used the usual necromancy spells everyone always uses.

This errata sucks

I mean even still, don't do that, you can do many things with 'necromancy' that aren't raising dead

When you start creating undead you are a hinderance

It's a homebrew setting. Yes necromancy is taboo but in the setting I'm not risking divine punishment because gods aren't real in the same sense as they are in Pathfinder.

Besides that, I'm furthering the parties goals and helping them as much as possible. None of them are good aligned. You don't think I deserve loyalty even though I've risked my life? The life of my familiar? They don't even know I can control or raise undead yet

>Person likes overpowered thing
>It gets nerfed
>person is upset over this nerf

tale as old as time

Yall need to be talking more of the BUTCHERING AXE from Adventurer's Armory 2.

3d6 damage, 3x critical, exotic weapon, needs STR 19 to wield without penalty.

Basically sink an Exotic Prof feat for +2.5 damage over a greatsword (including crit differential).

It's more efficient to pick up Exotic Prof for this than Weapon Spec, and any class that uses a 2H can do it.

I'm okay with it.

Likely your party is metagaming. They know you're a necromancer and are a timebomb.

They distrust the creepy wizard that might be a necromancer, because he's a creepy wizard that might be a necromancer, i'm sure actually being evil aligned isn't helping.

>Person dismisses criticism as the bleating of goats
Older tale.

Oh huh, is the book out yet?

I think thats what user said. Spells like touch of fatigue or speak to dead. Just useful necromancies.

It'd be okay in a world where maneuvers are mostly getting buffed, but we know for a fact that it's mainly nerfs. I'm not happy with the extent to which they nerfed Charisma for Warlords, meaning that unless you can somehow afford an 18, you're only ever going to get a 14. That 14 is only going to amount to a +1 anyway. This isn't reining in power, this is kneecapping.

just saying 'it sucks' IS the bleating of goats

Should I apply to Tuvarkz' WotR game with Kuben Blisk?

How do I properly play an amoral Afrikaner mercenary? Is Sargava a close enough analog? What would be a fun build?

I elaborated.

it's not like I joined a party of paladins and am shocked and surprised that they dont trust me. literally everyone but me and the cleric is chaotic neutral, and the cleric is true neutral. Yes necromancy is taboo but mechanically i'm not doing anything that would offend them in any serious way. What does it matter if I'm evil aligned to a party of neutrals if I'm doing everything I can to help them?

Because Evil is evil and they're metagaming, realistically if you're acting as altruistic as you say, you're not even acting like an evil character, you're acting like a good one

Our team always sets up for each other, combo attacks are the norm not the rarity. It's gotten to the point that we never even ask for others to do certain spells or attacks/manuevers, everyone knows their job.

for suscribers

their goals and mine align. I need a party of strong individuals to help me. Just because you're evil doesn;t mean you have to be an idiot. You can understand the concept of loyalty.

>Man pointing at rotating detergent bottle.gif

Because you are a time bomb. If for some reason the party stops being useful to you or, heaven forbid, becomes detrimental to your ambitions the natural assumption is that an evil character will turn on them.

Gaining trust back is as simple as erasing the E on your character sheet and replacing it with an N. Wow, so hard, dude.

Sargava is the perfect analog.

The more important question you should be asking is how some Mwangi fuck got all the way to Mendev to begin with, and what's his reason for joining the crusades when there are easier and more local ways to make blood money in Sargava/Mwangi/Shackles/wherever in Garund

How is getting a +1 from your class features a positive nerf? I guess it could be a +2 if you have 18 Charisma. Tell me why there just couldn't have been a hard or soft cap? Or why a warlord that you could run completely off charisma is a bad deal?

Evil is usually self interested, and isn't going to be self sacrificing, i'm not saying you couldn't do it out of duplicity or gaining loyalty, i'm saying its proof of them metagaming.

Eeeh, an extra gambit recovered and another use of warleader for 16 CHA over 14 is close enough to what other martials get for mental scores for me. I'll buy a +2 headband if I have the extra gold, a +6 if we go late enough.

Fantastic

He accidentally an important person and now he's running away in order to seek better dosh

I do not understand

an evil person can have loyalty.

It's a raw deal with no compensation whatsoever, and kills charisma primary warlords. There's such a low return on Charisma that it's not worth it.

Iomedae is big in Sargava, relatively speaking. He could hear about a ripe opportunity and get it in his crazy head that he's a bad enough dude to fooken ruin some pansy fooken demons.

Could a level 4 gestalt character conceivably beat a Bearded Devil?

Assume this particular Gestalt is a Bloodrager|Oracle with Celestial bloodline

They wouldn't be very evil if they were constantly putting the wants and needs of others over their own.

If they're optimized properly? Yeah. Otherwise the devil still has DR, big attacks, and so forth. Gestalt leaves you weak on defense most times.

not others, just the companions they've grown respect for. In a world of weaklings why wouldn't you want to ally with the strong? I'm not playing a cartoon villain that twirls his mustache, im playing a fleshed out character who's philosophies and outlook on the world land him into the evil alignment.

Yo that's a great idea

I'm gonna run with this, though I was gonna roll with him being more based off of Kuben Blisk but more religious. "You kill me, you're better. I kill you,I'mbetter," and "Yeah, that's the problem with teams... if you don't win together, you die together." That sorta deal. What kinda god fits that line of thinking? Someone on the Lawful end of the spectrum I would think.

What should I gestalt on the other side of a Warpath Inquisitor in order to get a good Reflex save? Assume DEX/WIS based

Being evil doesn't mean you have to automatically dick over your party. You can be fiercely loyall to the people you want to be loyal to and give fuck all about anyone else. This applies to Chaotic evil as well. This is why set alignments are dumb because it breeds these sorts of ideas that being evil means you can't act in a team.

This is good WotR art right.

Thanks, I guess my character will have what it takes to become a Hellknight early afterall

If you're constantly putting your dark schemes on hold because your mercenary party thinks it would get in the way of dosh or just morally disagrees with it, you're not being evil.

Evil doesn't mean you're a dick. Evil is a spectrum of anti-social behavior, ranging from treating other people as objects to relishing the suffering of others. It does not mean "dark magic is cool."

>That freakishly small chest
>That gaping maw of an abdomen
PURGE THE UNCLEAN MUTANT!

Pretty easily actually. With the Celestial bloodline you auto-bypass its DR/good as long as you're raging, and because it's an evil outsider you do an extra 1d6 per hit.

Give yourself a buff spell from the oracle side before you rage if you can, but if you don't have time, just vomit damage all over him. He should go down before you do unless he has godlike rolls or you have particularly bad ones

I would totally /y/ with you if Mondays weren't hell. Play some cat loving weirdo.

i get it

But user /y/ isn't about loving pussy.

I would like a list of glorious spells to cast on the sorcerer/wizard spell list to take on a group of 4 mythic characters, please. One of which is a Theurge.

Why

I want to kill the party?

I'm going to be archetypes to the gills with Primalist being one of them so I can take Moment of Clarity. Plus Hellknight Trials allow prebuffing before the fight, so I should be good on that front

No shit sherlock. That doesn't mean you have to treat your party members that way. Everyone else is fair game though.

I could see your point if we were all high level but we aren't. Right now I wouldn't be able to make a dark scheme thats so offensive I would immediately make enemies of my party a reality. When it gets to the point rthat I am able to do such things, I'd understand them being distrustful and disloyal, but even then, I can still help them save the world if only because I want to be the one to end it.

cast "rocks fall everyone dies"

They're dead.

Like shit nigga, if you want to kill the party, just kill the party, you're the DM.

Lipstitch loaded with metamagic is good for messing with Casters, and maybe with a contingency or something.

Also, while someone is casting the debuff have a Tetori come in for the grapple

Also, having an Antimagic Field followed by some Golems is also a sound strategy.

Or an AMF dropped by a Dragon who them circle-strafes them with breath weapon and his own huge-ass bow

"Why bother trying to challenge your party when you can just tell them to fuck off"

"I want to kill them" says "I want them to fuck off." to me

not "I want to create a challenging encounter."

Oh my god the latest roll20 random app for Golden Chalice is literally just Yasuo from LoL, down to the art, name, and copypasta backstory from the LoL site. Does he seriously think no one will notice that he's a popular character from a very popular video game?

Okay, maybe be less of a dipshit then.

he probably just wants to be yasuo man

Maybe he's counting on that, or maybe he just feels confident in doing a good job playing him.

>"I want to kill my party"
>"So just do it?"
>"NO I DON'T REALLY WANT TO KILL THEM HOW DID YOU MISREAD MY INTENTIONS"

Really makes you think.

>shadow the hedgehog avatar

Randos are so much worse than any fat /pgg/is

It's /pfg/ ya nard.

So, what kinds of God's would one expect Kellids living in what was once Sarkosis to worship? I know Pulura, Kotchchie, Desna, and Gorum are to Kellids, but what manner of deities and Spirits would the Sarkosians and their Godcallers call upon?

That's not what the OP says you throwback grog

Two character ideas for WotR, help me choose:

>Mad Dog True Primitive Barbarian || Hussar Beast Rider Cavalier VMC Witch
>PrC into Mammoth Rider
>Tribal champion and representative of his people being sent to east to Mendev for the crusades from the Realm of the Mammoth Lords. His tribe lives on the eastern side of the Realm of the Mammoth Lord and he grew up with his culture centered around fighting and killing demons. He defeated two powerful demons to prove himself worthy to the shaman before being sent.

>Techslinger Maverick Gunslinger || Mongrel Mage Sorcerer VMC Wizard
>PrC into Technomancer
>Ranking member of the Technic league and hero of a station place on the northern border with The World Wound. Ended up defending the station for four days straight by himself before detonating the entire place and returning the Technic league. The Technic league did not agree with his decision and sent him as a representative to the crusades.

I'm having a hard time deciding which of the two other countries on the World Wound's border to choose from. I have also considered a character from Ustalav.

damn those are both sick ideas.

The second one, without question. That sounds rad as fuck, and you can talk about crazy tech shit and scare the rubes.

Hopefully it wouldn't sound like a that guy question; What would be a reason for a (player race) npc to willingly worship fucking nuts deity, like Lamashutu and stuff? Not something like brainwashing but by own choice.

Now I think of it, why would mosters worship it anyway?

hi DHB

First one for sure. Cavemen are sweet.

>tfw both of user's ideas are way cooler than mine