Android: Netrunner General - /anrg/

Blood and Water Spoilers imgur.com/a/3tkUu

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Official FFG News & Spoilers site:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/aa/d3/aad35e6c-afdb-4de4-b034-ec5b5b748106/adn_faq_v312.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>NAPD Most Wanted List
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/fa/84/fa84c620-cd7e-4c6c-96bd-c703419fca5e/adn_mwl_v12_web.pdf

>Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net

>Breaker Cost Comparisons
ice.emergencyshutdown.net/

>Articles and Blogs:
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/
netreadyeyes.wordpress.com

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Try "Why I run", great for prospective Runners looking for a hands-on demo on how Running works (replace spaces with dots):
www nagnazul com/whyirun/whyirun.html

Play Netrunner online (replace spaces with dots):
Jinteki net

>Sealed Format Generator
anrsealed.com/

AutocardAnywhere is a Chrome/Firefox/Opera/Safari extension to get quick access to cards while browsing a site.

Check out the very WIP 1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Android:_Netrunner

Worlds of Android Scan now in the OP
mega.nz/#!y0cC3ahR!bQlSrpCY4NamDKvq8FPXJEHAFS2WAvfzkZ0oyTbM_us

Old bread

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1XQi5wd_Ya9l8blMy8ANR2D5BvtJFE2GOZO4WdVDDTZw/edit#heading=h.k1wbjp34r4rc
sendspace.com/file/7w0y22
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Māui_(Māori_mythology)
sendspace.com/file/2bhv2d
youtu.be/EluDJHtrS3M
netrunnerdb.com.
anrsealed.com/
netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/43265/butchershot-ice-cream-parlour-24th-at-euros-
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shuneault.netrunnerdeckbuilder
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I know I put the link, but Imma put the pics anyway

Criminals going a bit /k/, and get a nice 2MU console in Māui - it looks really reasonably priced for what you get as well.

Alice gives you reasons to stuff Archives full of traps, 50 card limit seems reasonable.
Tag-me getting some support too, though I think All-Seeing can still kill them?

Mass Driver is ungodly expensive, but it effectively breaks 2 ice at a time and is basically Kit's wet dream. Test Run-Eureka it

The shaper console is odd. Does look like Wu might be the mars shaper though, given the abundence of quotes from her

Keros is a no-nonsence friend of Los. Will briefly be a bit silly while he shares a cardpool with Compromised Employee

Fucking Loki, yes. Kind of like mother goddess (hnng, dat theme), and pretty damn tough alone (barring AI) - another 5 Inf Haas, woo - actually kind or reasonable, seeing as he gets much better with no other bioroids - which I guess is why they stuck him on Mars

Warroids is pretty dope, and being server-restricted means its not too busted in Haaset spam.

Obokata says get your critics out

Miraju looks kinda meh, but the damned if you do damned if you don't is cool.

Absolutely loving the Bug Out Bag, besides the synergy with Bookmark, it lets you be a bit more adventurous with less cards in grip too. Loving Maui, and the recent "punish the corp for protecting HQ" cards in general.

Daredevil seems like a great Crim console, especially with the synergy to Snitch and Au Revoir. Could be a good thing Snitch is rotating. Mass Driver is strong, but really depends on the piece behind the encountered ice. Interesting to see them delving more into 7+ install cards though.

Warroid Tracker might be the card that puts upgrade spam into a good spot. Might see another bump in link based decks. Looks like Loki will be replacing Mother Goddess post-rotation, certainly not as good, but still hard to get through.

I loved this effect during the Terminal Directive campaign, and I love seeing it on a card. Sad it's 2 influence, but I guess it would've been ubiquitous otherwise. Shipment from Tennin should be interesting, the previous "punish if run, punish if don't" user probably won't like it though.

Reeducation has a pretty great on-score effect for a 5/3. Traffic Analyzer is kinda eh, though against unlinked that first facecheck could end up badly.

Mass Commercialization is another Weyland card they made neutral. Not a bad thing, it'll be hilarious in Tennin for one.

Pretty exciting pack all in all, I imagine this will probably be the must-buy pack this cycle.

Which effect during TD?

Yeah, the NBN agendas look quite cool (again there's a "for the brief period they share cardpools" moment with Escalate and Midseasons) - nice to see a 5/3 they actually want.

Traffic analyser looks interesting too, especially if you support it (Aryabhata Tech anyone?)

Mass Commericalisation is Weyland-in-neutral, but I think its better for it - encourages traps and things.

Standoff looks cool, though I don't know there's all that much I'd be happy about trashing for it.
Success is jank fodder, but looks all the cooler for it.
Meteor Mining is more rule of cool than powerful, but its still cool

The exact same effect, except it fires when the runner steals an agenda. On that note, the Runner side effect of the exact same ethos hilariously neutralizes Brain Rewiring. Put down atleast 1 in front of HQ and you probably won't need to worry about your agendas there for a while. Makes it vulnerable to Siphon, but that's the price you pay I suppose.

Yeah, definitely not against MassComm in neutral, especially with the synergy to Indian Union Stock Exchange. Standoff is pretty dependant on when it fires, though these days any trash could hurt the runner pretty bad.

Nah, Standoff will be good. Net it either swaps a turn for 3 credits or sets the runner back, with archer food for both cases. That will be a decent card to play since it will let you get some power cards online or if the runner steals it it triggers hunter seeker and midseasons. I could easily see it out of Titan as well, maybe try Obelus with Biotic Labors to fast advance.

I'm real surprised at how cheap Shipment from Tennin is. You can fast advance a 3/2 for 3credits and one card. Jeeves/Subliminal/SfSS costs one including the rez, so Tennin may actually be the cheapest Fast Advance option, depending on how you value cards vs credits. Its really not unusual for a runner to take a breather turn if you're playing decently, so the Shipment could fire more than you'd expect. There are also there's old Tennin no remote decks that just scored with Trick of Light which this could revive. At least until trick of light and braintrust rotate.

What's up with the smaller font size on Standoff? More formatting problems from FFG?

Oh, Warroid's effect?
The paragraph made me think it was a different card you were referring to

Don't doubt it'll be good (except for Leela/Marron), but I was just thinking there's not all that much I'd want to trash on my own side.

Corp Town/Archer food is very nice, and I can see it being okay for getting the ball rolling with Jemison

In other news, the Version 1.0 of the Watchdog custom narrative campaign is out
docs.google.com/document/d/1XQi5wd_Ya9l8blMy8ANR2D5BvtJFE2GOZO4WdVDDTZw/edit#heading=h.k1wbjp34r4rc

Just reading through, but seems fun to play, and all the endings are pretty good. Found a "bug" though: Scenario 3b has weird templating for when the runner wins, it isn't clear if the you read the win text based on the option you choose earlier, or if you choose which one to read. Also a possible contradiction if the runner chose Option A and did the thing, since there isn't a prior warning to it.

And I just realized that I didn't refer to Mirage (because the romaji is really dumb to spell out) in when I mentioned the TD campaign, my bad.

You should request your Watchdog link be added to the OP. It looks really good.

Yeah - I think you pick before, but I think you're tight about the Option A bug - I just think it's a templating error, as the Option C one tells you you can't do it if you did the other thing earlier

Also yeah, weeb mirage looks good for agenda protection

Hilarious (and again, brief "while the cardpool allows it") combo time:
Score NAPD. Do things that generate BP. Sac the now 5+ advancement requirement NAPD with Success.

So what exactly happened in Monitor which Watchdog is sorta based on?

Play watchdog and find out!

>Printing Loki with the only printed sub making the player shuffle their hand back in.

FFG be trolling...

Would be hilarious to see the reaction of the runner when there is a BLC at the end of the server. Or hits a Snare!/Edge of World instead.

Or Hokusai Grid, or Prisec. Any upgrade behind Loki is terrifying really. Then you put him in Weyland and play an Armored Server token for a very dead runner.

Only subtype is Bioroid, it's great.

Middle class disappointment, MaxX, blogging, audience participation, asshole execs, and a less grimdark version of the ending of 1984

Its actually fairly decent, though no-one in it is anything you could really call likable.

5 inf is pretty expensive to import though, especially when you can't really tutor him for the kill combo.

AI is only relevant if they're actually breaking it though isn't it?

*AS

Weyland has a few ways honestly, though it probably works better if you bluff it out with rezzing only a few pieces of ice, then Liquidate everything once Loki is down. Is no remote Weyland a thing yet?

Armored Servers is to stop them from breaking the ice behind it, preferably something that deals damage. Stops them from jacking out too.

If they'd hit it an it fired sure (which could be scary)

Armored server a data mine

More late than I hoped, and hopefully legible, Exodus bonus pages.

sendspace.com/file/7w0y22

Awesome! Thanks fellow Princess Space Kitten!

At first sight, I'm not liking how Shipment from Tennin can magnify the threat of a Nisei MkII.
I'm thinking it's going to rub some people the wrong way.

Damn good data pack as far as I'm concerned.

Looking at the obvious connections, there's some amusing synergy between Pushing the Envelope and Daredevil (stupid idea worth exploring blind runner and how the representation of the grid/programs have to adapt to it).

Bug out Bag in a Severnius deck?

Los a Māori runner? Interesting. Digging the console.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Māui_(Māori_mythology)

I like Traffic Analyzer as a cheap to rez, small effect card that can end up pretty annoying.

Since the card was mentioned in the thread, might just be me, but from a fluff perspective, gotta love the possible interaction of Reeducation and Emptied Mind.

Whampoa might just become hated and important.

Funny to have Mass Commercialization as a neutral replacement to Commercialization. Again very fitting fluff-wise.

Neat. Thanks for the campaign link.

Awesome! Cheers mate!

Reeducation is really similar to the agenda I suggested last thread to deal with agenda flood while being proactive.

I like how Shipment from Tennin punishes passiveness.

Conflicted about Shipment Tennin. I can see how

>Play only if the runner did not initiate a run last turn

would be way too narrow, but as it is it's going to put some salt on wounds.

Just hit me, is Jinteki the only Corp that has two IDs set up on Mars (Tennin and Aginfusion)?

Really digging Reeducation. Powerful kill/rush agenda.

>interaction of Reeducation and Emptied Mind.
That is amusing.

Thanks friend

The apartment was one dirty but well organized room. Everything in its right place.
Shelf on the left side, covered in fantasy memstrips of all shapes, no apparent theme. Perfectly regular intervals between each.
Stained coffee table facing the right wall with some unfinished leftover food. Home-cooked Thai, by the look and permeating smell of it.
Bathroom door in the corner.
No windows. No bed.

At the center the coffin that dictated the place of everything else. A literal museum antique. Refurbished, first generation, pre-colapse console prototype.
Garrish slippers waiting beside for the runner to jack out.

Stupid. The thing was probably worth more on the connoisseur market than what most small-time runners could hope to make in their careers.
Another rush junkie.

He forcefully tore the machine open, and before the perfectly fluid series of motions - pulling the cables, pushing the runnner on the table, sticking the gun on his forehead - was over, the sight hit him like a slug in the gut.

The kid mustn't have been older than Janice. Junkie-thin bird-like, as compulsive runners will get. Long unkept black hair. And the wound. It looked too deliberate. Gang advertising campaign. The missing eyes feeling almost like a lost detail in the deformed upper head that would never express anything human. Terror only readable in the clenched jaw.

For the first time since the war, he hesitated.

He had tried to explain to his sister at first. Before understanding she didn't *really* care. The presents, the attention, were not for him. They were for her.
She had fucked up one too many big times in a smuggling run. Los Muertos didn't like it. Until she had healed, he would only ever be her guilt cypher.
But she had given him The Slab. Thanks to her he could run. And it made the whole world make sense again.

The smell of servers in bloom, the honeyed taste of hitting a data-payload, feeling communications on his skin - the weird tickling at first that then became a new language. Meeting that one Bioroid boy, their conversation, and feeling the tears that would never roll down his cheeks ever again.
There was no shame. No awkward silence. No fear of the engulfing emptiness that had become the world.

It all made sense. Each element of it, and him in it.

>I like Traffic Analyzer as a cheap to rez, small effect card that can end up pretty annoying.
I was trying to remember an upgrade that synergized with traces, and I found it, two even: Rutherford Grid (increases traces during a run on the server by 2), and ChiLo City Grid (successful trace, give one tag). Thankfully/unfortunately you can only use one at a time, but Rutherford at the least could guarantee up to 3 credits per ice rez, which is interesting.

"Can you hear me, kid? Can you tell me your name?"

The voice and hand might as well have belonged to two different persons.

The hand was hard. Callous. So much so it wouldn't have suffered the comparison with most recent cyber-prosthesis. Self-assured in its own power, unmoved by the violence it was unleashing.
A killer's hand.

The voice was deep but clear. Slow, articulate, each syllable perfectly enunciated, with hints of warmth and care.
A medic's voice.

He did not recognize the voice, but he did the cold of the weapon.

"Thanin, he said, swallowing hard.

- Well Thanin, there is no point in trembling now. Whatever is to happen has already happened. Do you understand?
- Yes. No. I... I don't know."

Now that he was out of The Slab, the world was assaulting his senses again. The old familiar stench rising from the chronically clogged up bathroom sink. The lingering smell of weapons fired. And blood.

"Good. I figure you are a smart one. I do not want you to be more afraid than you need to be. Now, I want you to tell me about what you've been doing for the past ten days or so."

This
Is
Awesome

Not sure, but there might be a page missing?
The page with Ken on begins in the middle of a sentence, but the page before it doesn't end with an open sentence.

Sorry, two pages missing. Will get this corrected as soon as I can.

Glad someone likes it. Will try to give it something of a conclusion once I'm done with work.

>you've

DAMN IT!

Three examples in a row of why I suck.

It's reminding me of Nasir's story from the Lunar cycle. And Lunar has some of my favorite flavor in it so I too am digging this.

Missing pages:

sendspace.com/file/2bhv2d

Nah man, you're still awesome even then.

Also thanks again for the uploads.

Cheers mang

Some spoilers from what looks to be korean packs
youtu.be/EluDJHtrS3M

Seedling Transfer seems to be something Jinteki should have had way before now, but whatever.

Think Flashbang is too pricy to use given its strength, but cheating it out or maybe using shaper boosting tech might be good. Still eye-wateringly expensive though.

Diana's Hunt looks scary with things you can bring back, and possibly with the birds as well, depending on how that's ruled.

Fractal Matrix (or however the translation works out) looks okay - being non-unique and the high rez cost makes me think of BBG

Seedling Transfer looks pretty situational on its use, since you'd rarely be putting down ice wrong. Maybe if you wanted that expensive ice you never intend to rez on Archives moves someplace else?

Dean Lister could help with the strength thing, but I do wonder what kind of ice you'd use it on. Even Rototurret costs 6 to derez, and most of the other derez and bypass tools work much better. A limitless derez tool is interesting nonetheless.

Diana's Hunt is balanced a bit by needing the program to be in hand, still looks great for putting down multiples though. There's also the combo with SacCon.

More cool Weyland upgrades is always welcome, I dare say upgrade spam will be a thing soon, likely out of Gagarin (higher trash), Titan (Armored Servers and influence), or Skorpios (resiliency against common strategies thanks to its ability).

Yeah, upgrade spam certainly looks like it might have potential.
It's also nice that it synergises well with Weyland's walls and single sub ice - you have to break all the subs on them, it's not like maus where you can let the money sub fire

What the fuck is shipment from tennin.
Don't you just ram some number of this into nbn tagstorm?
Oh you ran?
Cool HHN you.
Oh you didn't run?
Install shipment from tennin advance score beal/astro.
That card is scary good.

In it's home ground it's pretty damn good as well.
Typically you'll spend a lot of time being patient against Jinteki because of you go super aggressive you'll slam into traps, this lets them score free House of Knives if you go for that.
This card is actually fucking nuts.

Any translations of these?

Flashbang (Criminal)
Cost 5 MU 1
Program : Icebreaker, Killer
6 credits : Derez the currently encountered sentry ice
1 credit : strength + 1

Seedling Transfer (Jinteki)
4/2 agenda : security
When you score seedling transfer, you may rearrange any number of ice protecting any servers

Diana's Hunt (Shaper)
Cost 4
Event : run
Initiate a run. During the run, every time you encounter an ice, you can install a program from your grip, ignoring the install cost. When the run ends, trash every program installed using diana's hunts ability.

Fractal (Weyland)
Rez cost 4, trash cost 3
Upgrade : Security protocol
Every time all the subroutines of an ice protecting this servor is broken, trash the 2 top most cards of the runner's stack.

Well, it's now either this or Boom! for the 3-6 inf now one would suppose.

I like how all the discussion on the nuances in the translation were reduced to FRACTAL.

I mean, if you know moon runes a better translation would certainly be appreciated

Fractal/Bloodletter looks hilariously stupid.

Flashbang would need big sentries to make a come back I guess? Though with Maui an the like, might not be unmanageable, though specialized.

>Seedling Transfer looks pretty situational on its use, since you'd rarely be putting down ice wrong.

Mostly because the idea of positional ICE has been abandoned entirely by the general meta.

I mean the discussion in which the literal translation says

>"Fractal Threatening Matrix"

>but "Fractalizing Matrix" might be closer to convey that this is a program that's defending the server not by resisting the runner but by replicating either itself or what it sees of the runner's data as they interact with the ICE endlessly to do harm.

>Another option would be to translate it as "Fractal Alarm Matrix", because an Alarm is something that would "threaten" the runner and it makes sense to someone that's just reading it for the first time and it's also not something the runner can deal with unless they get at The Source of it

My two cents, I would go for Fractal Warning Matrix over Alarm just because I feel it rolls off the tongue better, and it is more immediately apparent that those two trashed cards are basically warning shots. It could even be "Fractal Matrix Warning", since Japanese subject and adjectives are different from English.

In essence though, it is a matrix of a fractal that is a threat. The blurb by Anson Rose might help shed some light on what the final translation could be, but I suspect it will forever be Fractal for the sake of ease, even post-release.

The one they called Mr. Sunshine prided himself on his adherence to facts.
He trusted stories about as much as he trusted domesticated animals. Both things compromised.
In spite of himself though, he could not deny a certain beauty to the attempts of young Thanin in translating his unique experience through metaphors.
This is how poetry gets born, he decided, before brushing the thought aside.

The facts were thus.

Trying to escape from something (another runner baiting him into this? Would need to be checked), Thanin had bumped into a new, unusual entry point.
He had managed to get into one of the most protected servers of his employer. He had accessed the sensitive data, but made no copy of it.
He had not understood what he had browsed of it - though Mr Sunshine strongly suspected he understood more than he was letting on.
He had then proceeded to run the same server over and over again, for the enjoyment of it - as panicked security on the other side kept updating.

The facts did no justice to the succor of infinite cold teeth, the fluttering stabs of sour treble on the wind or the swarming smoothness of barking strikes.

The facts could not touch the only truth that mattered. Mr. Sunshine would not, could not, kill the child in front of him.
The killing of children was not unknown to him, but innocence still mattered. The past still mattered.

He had to make a call. He knew he would pay dearly for it.

So what's that story all about then? Did anyone get a missile/rocket to the face?

>The blurb by Anson Rose
That in the moonrunes, or just from his card?

The flavor text on Fractol has his name listed, he says something about data loops. Not that good at moonrunes to figure out the whole thing though.

In the current maremagnum of barriers available, what's your opinion on Wall of Static?

Battlement 4 - 6.

Seriously though, it's fine, you just don't normally need it over whatever gearcheck/taxing barrier you have in faction. Understandable why we're seeing less of it.

Actually, after checking through in-faction barriers, most factions are losing a decent amount of their gear check barriers post-rotation, leaving only the expensive or porous ones. Only Weyland is coming out well with multiple functionally different gear checks, and to a slight extent NBN thanks to the permanent Resistor. I doubt Wall of Static would be regularly chosen over importing good stuff or Vanilla, but it could see more splashes with time.

Someone has been shot offscreen, if that counts..

Need to wrap this up. Hopefully I can manage in no more than two posts, don't want the silly thing to overstay its welcome.

It's pretty vanilla.

>most factions are losing a decent amount of their gear check barriers

With Vanilla and Wall of Static staying, I don't see this being much of an issue, but the disappearance of Eli 1.0, Himitsu Bako and Wraparound is certainly going to be felt.
Having this pointed out, I'm looking at Battlement's 4 influence a bit differently now (not saying it makes so much sense - Self-Adapting Code Wall is free, but it makes more).

I knew Himitsu was, because it's a staple in my Jinteki, but that's a cool and interesting point - seems like Weyland's getting a little more exclusivity in that area

Bump

Ele "Smoke" Scovak: Cynosure of the Net

Event (10)
1x Careful Planning
3x Dirty Laundry
3x Möbius ●●●
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (5)
1x Clone Chip
2x Maya
2x Top Hat

Resource (13)
2x Beth Kilrain-Chang
3x Daily Casts
3x Fan Site
2x Net Mercur
2x Temüjin Contract ●●●●
1x The Shadow Net

Icebreaker (6)
1x Brahman
1x Dagger
2x Houdini
1x Paperclip ●●●
1x Switchblade ●●

Program (7)
2x Cloak
2x Equivocation
3x Self-modifying Code

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
41 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Terminal Directive

Deck built on netrunnerdb.com.

I deckbuild for sealed a fair bit. I'm always happy to see this old standby in my pool. Can't speak for constructed as much, the game's very different when parasucker, knifed or a scorch package are harder to come by.

Admittedly, I look at cards through the sealed lens by default now, so I'm very naïve when it comes to what people might call "boring," like battlement. I was pretty interested when I saw it, even if it is pretty vanilla. Respectable end the run.

Rotation has me excited to see what everyone does for gearchecking, especially after seeing

#
I need to get some sealed games going, been interested in it, but I didn't want to burden the two players that have the full card pool. Does it work fine with a small card pool too? Something like single Core, TD, C&C, Flashpoint, and Mars?

No harm giving that format a go. Its also decent as an introduction of sorts to Cache Refresh format, seeing how most runners would pick C&C as their box. Corps would miss D&D though...

What is sealed in Netrunner?

Draft packs (which were never all that popular), and you can make cubes.

See from the OP:
anrsealed.com/

>The Sealed format is an alternative format for Android: Netrunner. You must build a deck from a pack of 85 random cards. anrsealed generates these packs so that they are all balanced

It's a nice format if you're tired of the hyper-efficient mean machines of constructed. Teaches you value of every card.

Exodus capsule review: run-of-the-mill.
One of those books where, once set up, you know where everything is going. Enjoyable romp, competently written, though I'm sad there's not more time spent on actual running. Tenma is more smuggler than runner in this.
Definitely enjoyable though. Always to see more Caprice (aka the Android Universe's punching bag).

Caprice has a hard life

One can only imagine what terribad things happened to her 2+ elder sisters

Bit of a shame that. If the drafts had more alt arts and/or full bleeds, there might have been a bit more demand for them.

Now, even the first cycle packs aren't that worth it any more, with SanSan in the champ deck and rotation incoming.

Interesting interaction last game:

I rush IAA a NEXT Wave 2. The runner would generally run the remote to at least force me to spend on the gear check etr ICE... but if he does, he lets me rez the NEXT ICE that arms the agenda (and given previous game I had done the very same then Defective Brainchip AA score, the hesitation was strong.

I like how it rewires acquired reflexes.

While I'm at it, been digging Black Level Clearance against central-focused, event heavy decks. Especially mid-run install the very few times it happened.

How hard do you want that AS to land?

I must say, that Ice Cream shop deck is so much fun to play.

>Ice Cream shop
The whatnow?

netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/43265/butchershot-ice-cream-parlour-24th-at-euros-

No kidding its way more janky fun then all the asset spam.

How do you mid-run install BLCs?

Mmmm, looks... killy

In that case, NEXT Opal - which, as much jank as it is, I'm finding so interesting to play. I dig having one on HQ. Between it and Tapestry you can have some pretty fun moves.

The few moments that followed felt like a compressed eternity of silence, though there is no such thing as silence.
Only variable thresholds of noise filtering.

To Mr. Sunshine, the silence was a silence that ignored everything Thanin was yearning to hear. It was a silence that meant the lack of a detectable threat. He still had time. The zone was secure.
To Thanin, the silence was the hollowing out of everything that had meant life in his home. No reception for the sounds of safety and habit, drowned in his heartbeat getting haywire.

Until the welcome high-pitched buzzing of a PAD being turned on.

"Hello love. I know you are not happy to see me, but we have to talk."

There was the long-winded expiration of someone smoking, an audible punctuation sign that meant both "fuck you" and "go on".

"I have on hands a volatile asset that could prove of interest to your brain-mapping division. A runner. Self-taught by the look of it. Managed to create neural pathways for personal interface with no sense of sight.
- And, even if I was interested, why would you be telling me this?
- Because making potentially lucrative assets disappear until the most opportune moment is what you do.
- Don't insult me, not when we both know you're asking me a favor. You know what I mean, why me and not your employer? How hot is that asset of yours?
- I know you cast a wide net, love, but I am certain he is way too young for you. You should also pay closer attention to where you are standing."

Thanin couldn't map the sound that followed from the other side. It was a violent hit on something wet. Made him shiver.

(Bonus point if I managed to make the exec identifiable without naming her, I guess)

"Damn it Sunshine, if I end up below par, I swear I'll double my price.
- You will have to name it first, love.
- Fine, I so happen to have some different with one of your guys, one Mr Stone.
- That is... unfortunate.
- For you. He's my asking price. I want my different solved.
- Do you know what it is you are asking?
- I know I have something you want and you have nothing I need. Yes or no?
- You will be the death of me, woman. Yes.
- Fine, I'm sending you coordinates of one of my secretaries. Pleasure doing business with you. Pray I do well in that game.
- You know you always do."

The buzz died.

Another silence had eaten away at the others, tense like a prelude.

Thanin understood he had been sold. Sold at a negative price, though he couldn't picture why.

The man finally removed the gun from his head.

"Do not worry. You shall be taken care of."

In the end, Thanin proved a lucrative asset indeed, a bioroid security protocol named after him.

Though the scientists and the corporate people were good to him - most of them genuine in their desire to help even - he would never find his place in the world of the beautiful people, where getting a new face and eyes was about as common as getting a new car. There was something gross he could never stomach in that discrepancy of fortune. Even when it showered on him.

A few years into adulthood, he would disappear from Levy University, where he was doing well enough, drifting back to the only thing he could remember had ever made the world make sense to him.

The runner world embraced him at a distance and he forever remained a misfit among misfits, . He never became one of the greats, no one looked up to him, but then he never got caught ever again.

Despite obsessive researches, he would never find any trace of Mr. Sunshine. He would never see his sister again.

At nights the memory of a man gently carrying him over to his new life, echoing steps in a corridor, a broken stride stepping over something that wasn't meant to be laying on the floor, with the stench of blood, intoxicating, would haunt him.

Sometimes he would weep.

Bump

So for those who have played in a regionals and Cache format in particular, how was it?

If Opal got errated/faq'ed to have a 'may' in the subroutine(s), it would actually be somewhat usable elsewhere.

The only exec I can think of that has a "game" is pic related?

cache was pretty bad, imo. all the terrible cards you love from the last two cycles, none of the tools you need to combat them

also don't think much of the way players drop in from the double-elim bracket. they may end up playing only one cache game and come equal first because they're gifted all but one win from the previous rounds

And here I thought I had been too obvious.

Let me know what you think

Tortoise surveillance (46 cards)
Omar Keung: Conspiracy Theorist
-- event (13 cards)
2 Account Siphon ****
3 Day Job
2 Déjà Vu
2 Notoriety **
1 Showing Off
3 Sure Gamble
-- hardware (4 cards)
2 MemStrips
2 Obelus
-- program (18 cards)
2 Black Orchestra
2 Datasucker
3 Diwan
2 Lamprey
2 Medium
2 MKUltra
1 Nerve Agent
2 Paperclip
2 Parasite *
-- resource (11 cards)
1 Activist Support
2 Counter Surveillance
2 Joshua B.
2 Liberated Account
2 The Shadow Net
2 Wireless Net Pavilion

12/12 influence

Download Android Netrunner DeckBuilder for free at play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shuneault.netrunnerdeckbuilder

Shadow Net/Notoriety seems a lot of work here to me when SOT exists. Apart from Sure Gamble, no event that make it particularly worthwhile - Singularity or High Stakes or Levy AR... Now that I think of it, can you Shadow Net a Paper Tripping?

Don't know how Lamprey will fit in there. You want to abuse its windows, and while I won't say there is no cool interactivity with Keung's ability, you can only use that once per turn.

Deck seems eagerly waiting on Jarogniew.

You probably want some more support draw. Obelus can take you far once out, but it needs out. And you need the tools to make it work.

Keung wouldn't have been my first go to for Counter Surveillance given the click costs makes it so you cannot use it along his ability. But then I could see it help to work if you can force a proper thinning of defenses.

That said, the explosive Medium + CS turns should be hilarious.