Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (Pathfinder, and Starfinder)

Have you ever played a cultist character? How did you balance the needs of your party with your zealous faith?

PoW errata: dreamscarred.com/path-war-errata/

Link repository; point out problems if found: ghostbin.com/paste/tx5h8
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80257/wrath-of-the-righteous
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80328/volo-fluffy-tails-9
strawpoll.me/13195316
app.roll20.net/forum/post/5126499/round-2-dot-dot-dot-3/?pageforid=5161290#post-5161290
mega.nz/#F!nE0hGIRL!gOFNKfhyFfoLeuJEWzl51g!fdsRjZgY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Back in 3.5 I played a Crusader of Wee Jas but the entire party were siblings from the same family that had served the Ruby Lady for generations. Faith played a large role in our decisions and plot hooks

>SJW shit
>shitty game mechanics
>retarded bootlicking fans
>autistic players

Paizo sucks.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice (Closing in 3 Days)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home (Closing in 3 Weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west (Closing in 1 Week)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court (Closing in 2 Weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia (Closing in 2 Weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80257/wrath-of-the-righteous (Closing in 3 Weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80328/volo-fluffy-tails-9 (Closing in 4 Weeks)

Here it is again, /pgg/as. Vote or die, as usual.

>strawpoll.me/13195316

You guys realize there's already a thread, right? It's not even got 20 replies yet either.

> Wrong title
> Anime OP

Fuck you

But all those things can apply to nearly every major publisher. Take, for instance, White Wolf / Onyx Path.

Why do you keep skipping PLD? Closes on the 25th, but last time Vult did that he closed submissions a week before to create a review period, so get your app in soon!

app.roll20.net/forum/post/5126499/round-2-dot-dot-dot-3/?pageforid=5161290#post-5161290

HELLO
IS EXTRA RAGE A GOOD FEAT?

THANK YOU

>can't choose multiple options
Fuck off with your false dichotomy.

>The Burned Man drowning Caesar in a bathtub

Where is this from?

On top of the points raised by , it was also a beat out by the old thread in the OP, but instead of deleting it like a reasonable person the fag that posted it kept bumping it through the night.

Yes. If you're not Hulking out as a Barb you're doing it wrong. More smash, the better.

Who will be your primary antagonists in your Starfinder game, /pgg/lets? The Azlanti, Pirates, The Swarm, etc.?

The Starfinder Society.
Earth is canon in Pathfinder lore and Triune explicitly gave the Drift drive to everyone. Hence, I want to run an Earth-centric game where the players purge the genderqueer degeneracy of pact worlds.

looks like an edit of a johnny quest scene

Reminder: Not only are all the Ensoulment slots going to meme players, celebs have started stealing the artwork of good and caring anons for their joke applications!

>celebs have started stealing the artwork of good and caring anons for their joke applications

What the hell are you talking about, hoss?

See

That's not even Ensoulment, you fucking cock-mongrel.

So I have a problem.
>Player A and I are friends. Player B is a recent addition to the group. Player B acts a bit weird at all times
>Player A doesn’t like the way B does things at all- They don't like the character or the player. Player A complains to me about B in private
>Player B complains to me about A in private
>Players A and B not-so-subtly form factions and have their own cold war
>They make more complaints to me and split the party at every opportunity, causing me plenty of grief/work

>Only I get to use art that was posted in the thread
Stop your whining and work faster, user.

>All Scarlet Throne maneuvers and stances require that the initiator not be using any kind of shield in their off-hand (including animated shields) while initiating a maneuver or while using a martial stance of this discipline. The initiator may use bucklers or rings of force shield or an effect that grants a shield bonus to his AC, just not a physical shield larger than a buckler. He must either have his off-hand empty, or be wielding a weapon two-handed to use this discipline.

>mfw I can't use Scarlet Throne Style to make Sword-and-Board viable

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That got cut in the errata, check the link in the OP.

>Scarlet Throne Style
>As long as you only attack with a single weapon wielded in one hand during a round, you treat that weapon as if you were wielding it in two hands for the purposes of feats and abilities that would benefit from this change

>you treat that weapon as if you were wielding it in two hands for the purposes of feats and abilities that would benefit from this change
>as if you were wielding it in two hands for the purposes of feats and abilities that would benefit from this change
>two hands for the purposes of feats and abilities

>Scarlet Throne Discipline
>He must either have his off-hand empty, or be wielding a weapon two-handed to use this discipline

Just grab Scarlet Throne Style and you're golden, boyo.

I had a plan for a medium-hard sci-fi Earth vs. Mars colonists thing in Ops & Tactics, but since my group refuses to play anything except Pathfinder (plus some other systems that wouldn't work for the game) I might have to use Starfinder instead. It'd have to be really stripped down though.

Unless it explicitly states you need a free hand (like the Einhander stance) now, go nuts.

>> Wrong title
How?

Only if your DM allows retraining; you very quickly have more rage rounds than you can even spend in a day.

so did errata finally nerf pow?

Errata buffed Deadly Agility because DEX wasn't good enough. :^)
They absolutely gutted Warlord, though.
RIP in pieces, there will always be a place in my heart for you, Warlord.

Never understood the obsession with dex builds

oh so this pow errata is still not actually complete?
part 2 coming when?

The new Deadly Agility errata makes STR flat-out redundant and pointless. With new Deadly Agility in play, ever using STR instead of DEX means you're suboptimal and will be left in the shadow of DEXfags.

>AC
>TOUCH AC, the most useful kind of AC
>Useful skills
>Highly effective in ranged or melee whereas strength is only effective in melee unless they get MAD.
>Carry weight is usually a nonissue

Basically, PoW is enabling the kind of nu-Male, betamax, Portland-living, soy-eating, ponytail-wearing, cuck-enabling, homo-kissing sons of bitches that think being a "lithe and limber precision fighter" is somehow appealing or desirable.

It's a goddamn disgrace!

The bonuses strength had to dex, namely damage out the wazoo are now redundant if players take the optimal DEX path. Though there are very few weapons which can be used with Deadly Agility's new powers, the option is still out there.

muh dpr

Yes dex is good
But never understood why it needed to be better

Gareth was by yesterday to let us know the maneuver errata will still be a while.

Str, as a stat, is garbage outside of "hit dude good". The game should support QUALITY more, or at least throw Str some feats to put it on even footing so /pgg/ can give a tax break on them

Quality means nothing if it just leads to flipping havels

anyone got a link to Legacy of the First World pdf? or one of the old threads that might have posted the pages?

Any advice on getting into a game on roll20? I work somewhere that getting a RL game is impossible. I've never played before but I've read through all the core books and know my shit.

just go in their recruiting page and leave a post asking to join and why you would like to join.

mega.nz/#F!nE0hGIRL!gOFNKfhyFfoLeuJEWzl51g!fdsRjZgY

Dex to Damage was a mistake

This. Gas the DEXfags, stat war now!

Where's that user who was going to apply with betrothed twins to PLD?

Niggas always say that until you pubt them into a fast moving river full of hazards after disjunction aim their magical equipment

Enjoy that underwater combat with ypur negative mod str and no ranks in Swim, fuckboi

Its worth noting that the changes to Deadly Agility are actually a nerf to the average path of war dexterity build, which is TWF because they are no longer getting x2 dex to damage but are down to 1.5dex to damage

also notably any weapon that you could conceivably use 1.5 dex to damage with is locked either behind and EWP, or another feat like Daisho expertise and Polearm Dancer

The reality of the changes to Deadily Agility are as follows, its a nerf to TWF, does nothing to builds that already 1hand or use finesse weapons, and a buff to polearm dancer/katana based builds.

Stat wars are fucking stupid, stop chimping out because someone can blow three feats to make you irrelevant and start looking at ways to make your stat more relevant with similar investments.

>start looking at ways to make your stat more relevant with similar investments.
There aren't any.

Dex to damage was fine and the old DA hit the right balance. Giving full dex to TWF while not granting 1.5 dex to two-handed builds gave the feat a good niche for a fighting style that is both incredibly feat heavy and highly dex focused. The DA erratum was a mistake.

Then make them, fag

Kill yourself

I'm right here, big boy~
I've got a busy week planned, but hopefully I can get around to it at the end of the weekend. You aren't the only one I've gotta satisfy, ya know~

Are there any Pacts that just aren't allowed, or are you more of an..."anything goes" kind of guy?

And how do YOU feel about B? it sounds like at the very least you would prefer A even if you weren't already friends, given "a bit weird at all times". It's not working out with A and B in the same group.

No, it was warping, making TWF for builds incredibly strong in comparison to strength attackers, it was essentially 2 feats in one

there's nothing about 1.5 dex to damage that is stronger than this, in fact due to its feat requirements, its weaker in many ways

>OW THE EDGE

>just homebrew it
Literally everything wrong with Paizo/DSP fanboys.

Reminder that Tuvarkz dropped his spaghetti all over the thread last night, and you might as well pull your application now if you're not playing a default flavored ladyknight

No cool technic league or barbarian stuff
No yaoi fuccbois

Only ladyknights, now and forever, presumably wielding nodachis.

Vult' s never said anything about banning pacts

Consider fiend pact with a succubus betrothed

Well, actually... I had this horrible idea a few nights ago involving putting Earth to good use... Something more in the 'freespace' style, but the primary antagonists?

... The Human Pantheons

Understandably... this is going to take the vehicle and mecha rules to run.

Well, he's not really wrong. DSP is 3rd party, if you write 3rd party stuff for another stat it's just as official.

... link? Because I have no idea what happened

Didn't see this, got a link?

start here, watch the madness unfold.

>Paizo/DSP fans

"Paizo fans" hate PoW, and by extension DA. Those are the kind of people who think it's perfectly fine that Investigator is fucked until 5th-7th level, or that a core, unarchetyped Monk is TOTALLY VIABLE, or that Magus is completely fine and actually totally overpowered because "dude, 20d6!".

...Do I get to apologize and try to make amends?

Also, just to say something in favor of the one applicant that was asking about technic league:

When guns are commonplace, the tech weapons are hideously underpowered for their price. Tuvarks: from the point of view of GMing; it's actually a LOT less destructive than double muskets once you take the energy damage types into account.

After all... Fire, Cold and Electrical in particular are not exactly very good against Demons, and Plasma's just plain most-bad idea!

Well lets go down your list sins.

1. Shit on specific people in thread
2. Twice.
3. Openly admit you're doing this for your ladyknight fetish
4. Pretend like a retard that it wasn't you when it obviously was

Yeah you probably don't get to try to apologize and make amends, the people you've pissed off are already pissed off, and given your DISINGENUOUS LYING that was your first response to criticism last night, why the fuck should we believe any apologies you give?

You acted like a piece of shit, and now you reap what you sow.

No, just admit the game is a huge bamboozle and not worth applying for.

That is frighteningly similar to Rory's behavior right before he shut down TSS.

Is this the biggest fuck up so far?

Congrats, Tuvarkz, you Rory'd

Wow. I guess I can stop working on my character then. An LG Celestial Avowed claimed as a pawn by Asmodeus as he tries to prove himself worthy of the hell knights despite that little attitude (goodness) problem would never have gotten in.

Someone else took it out, salty over rape game or something.

Sure, I don't give a fuck how much of an asshole you were because I still got a character I want to make. Wrath of the Righteous with that CharGen doesn't happen every day!

>Making a paladin/oracle melee gestalt
>Have to pick an oracle curse

Think this is proving to be the hardest part of making this character. A lot of the curses are really rough, and I can't take most of the lighter curses like Haunted or Tongues for character-related reasons. I've broken it down to either one of three curses, can I get some opinions on them and how they might hinder a melee-focused paladin/oracle with a secondary focus on buffing?

>Clouded Vision
On one hand, it doesn't result in a physical deformity, which I like. On the other hand, only being able to see out to 30ft (60 later on) is pretty rough since most of the campaign will be outdoors.
>Lame
It's reduces my movement speed from 30 to 20, but to be fair I plan to use heavy armor anyways, so that's not -so- bad. The physical deformity is what I'm more concerned about, because I don't really envision the character being obviously crippled.
>Accursed
On the plus side, no physical deformities or disabilities. On the down side, no morale bonuses. I don't remember off the top of my head how many paladin-related effects are morale bonuses, but it does seem to be the most common type of bonus, so I'm not sure if that's more baggage than I should be willing to take or not.

Thoughts?

Aaaaaaand now I don't want to apply, because I'll just get in for being a ladyknight than for actually being a well-written or designed character.
Nope, you fucked up and screwed over too many people to still be tasteful. Fuck off.

Their auras give morale bonuses.

Honestly, I don't really like B, but he's a great guy. A has been a friend for a while, but it's clear that they both just don't work together.

No joke, just remake all of your accounts and come back as a "new player" in a few days.

I've done it four times already; these fucks will never catch on as long as you just tweak your act a little at first.

I know the auras give morale bonuses, but I'm not worried about them because the auras don't give morale bonuses to the paladin himself, they just straight-up give immunities. I can't remember if smite has anything morale-related or not though.

Can I play a 2hu ladyknight with a nodachi?

aaaaaaaaaa marry me DHB!

Dude that's like an assured in

no the auras to allies are it.

you'd lose out on golden lion morale level 1 boost though.

Well, that just means I'm going to be posting it every time it's missed, so they can get fucked

Lame is a very safe pick

just have a limp or something. Or, because you're Charisma-based, make it so that you're compelled to walk slowly because you're just that badass

Honestly Tuvarkz handled himself like a dick but I don't get why there's so much flak about the transparency.
>From the very start he said he wanted ladyknights
>The whole damn time
>Now people are annoyed when he says non ladyknights have a worse chance of getting in

What, did people think he didn't mean it the first time?

"I'd like to see a ladyknight or two" Is different from "The party may only be lady knights and will be at least 50% lady knights"

He also displayed a remarkable lack of knowledge about the setting of WotR and that the extremely diverse group of characters possible in the Mendev crusades is one of its most interesting features.

Trip if you're going to talk in the thread about your game

I think people mostly just assumed it was a joke, and that great concepts would count. But being told flat out that some rather awesome character concepts were just plain unacceptable because they weren't two tits under plate, that's pretty disappointing.

>Wants Ladyknights
>mfw someone makes a swarthy foreign Chad to fuck the ladyknights

Never go full Rory