Hiroshimoot said we can have one meta thread

Hiroshimoot said we can have one meta thread

How do we fix Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46945911
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Talk about Veeky Forums stuff more than not Veeky Forums stuff

Keep that picture on the board at all times

Stop making metathreads. They're a necessary evil and without a specific problem to discuss they're the worst thread on the board. Right now, Veeky Forums is pretty much fine. The new janitors seem to be doing a better job of getting rid of the blatant /pol/shit that had been leaking, beyond that I think we're all good.

This.

I can't believe I'm typing this, but a return to the good old days of memes and waifufagging. Cancerous as they were, it's better than a bunch of serious business autists screeching in text form at each other over their carton shit games.

>Right now, Veeky Forums is pretty much fine
It isn't.

>The new janitors seem to be doing a better job of getting rid of the blatant /pol/shit
There is no "blatant /pol/shit", whatever the fuck that is supposed to mean. I see more people bitching about /pol/ and whatever you perceive as /pol/ posts. If you mean racism, then welcome to Veeky Forums, you dumb nigger.

Get a mod on Veeky Forums that doesn't delete the metathread as soon as we start talking about quest threads.

Blatant /pol/shit and tumblr shit needs to be swatted down.

>It isn't.
Why not?

q u e s t s

Nah, that's a good policy. The quest issue was closed and the board is better off for it.

Plus, if it gets this thread deleted then so much the better.

Here you can have all the off-topic you want.

>Bring back quests
>Remove tumblr
>Stop REEEing over things you don't like
Easy

1. Less /pol/ and /leftypol/
2. Stop posting metathreads

That is literally it.

Because the board is swarmed with shitty low quality and low intelligence threads that exist just to bait people for replies, filled with shitty low quality "lewd" anime pictures and just dumb, pointless circlejerking about elves, as well as a lot of people form tumblr who think they're in good company. Outside of generals, no one is talking about tabletop games, and generals should NOT be the designated places where you talk about a game.

How do you fix Veeky Forums? You make the sort of threads you'd really love to see on Veeky Forums, that's how.

Post about interesting games. Bring up homebrew, or shit you drew or wrote. Talk about some book or video game that you like and think would make for a really cool RPG.

Don't make metathreads. Don't troll with low-hanging fruit like about quest threads or Female Space Marines. Don't insult our intelligence.

Change starts with you. Bring it forth. I'll do the same, if I can think of something.

>Designated threads for talking about specific games
>Not the place to talk about specific games

That's literally how it's always been. If you don't like it, fuck off somewhere else.

Someone buy this man a drink

>generals should NOT be the designated places where you talk about a game.
thats literally what they are though. If generals didn't exist you would be complaining about the abundance of x or y threads that would usually be in a general.

You have to remember this is Veeky Forums. The kind of people who stay inside and sit on the internet are the kind of people you will find here. If you don't like those kind of people, go outside or something.

It literally wasn't you stupid newfag. There were threads where people talked about games, not generals where there's one post per hour to keep it afloat.

Are you retarded? There was a thread "why are there white people in Faerun because brown people breed faster like Sweden" just a few days ago.

Of course there's going to be some politics here but that's just complete and blatant racebaiting.

Nope. I've been here for forever, and it's exactly the fucking same. Any belief otherwise is just idiot nostalgia.

Generals aren't new, and they aren't a problem. It's just a term to describe something that was always a thing.

See, this is what I mean. Autistic screeching.

>Outside of generals, no one is talking about tabletop games
It really feels like sometimes the only people that roll dice are in the generals, the rest of the catalog is filled with people using this board to shitpost about fantasy things they can't do anywhere else.

That sounds like a dangerously sensible opinion there user.

So tacking "40k thread I guess" onto the end of an OP is somehow better than having a general?

You're arguing about semantics. People will always discus X game, if its popular enough people start making general threads and keeping resources for others - detailed OPs with pastebins and links for newcomers etc.

Generals are far better than having a ton of random threads about the same system. Generals cultivate resources and provide a place where people interested in X game or system can discuss things.

Good generals are a lot more than 1 post per hour purely bumping the thing. Any general that devolves into that is likely dying off. People won't make a general thread if they know it will only be them bumping it.

The only threads where rolling was commonplace are now banned from Veeky Forums.

You can always spot the /pol/tards because they're literally the only ones that get upset when someone makes fun of /pol/.

If I'm on /hc/ and someone makes a mean comment about Veeky Forums, I don't post a long, tear-filled rant about how the social justice wizards of the coast are shilling on Veeky Forums; I just ignore the comment because my entire identity isn't wrapped up in being from /pol/.

And good fucking riddance

There is nothing more autistic than memes and waifufaggotry, though.
>implying the word "autism" means anything at this point

Conversely, you can always spot a tumblrnigger because they always bitch about /pol/, even when it's not relevant.

There were also THREE blatant christian bashing threads under the guise of some DnD issue like a week ago

Oh please, Veeky Forums is not designed to actively play make believe.

Try to play DnD here and see how it goes.

hi /pol/

my main gripe with quests are that a bunch of anons voting on what a character should do on a forum don't really constitute a traditional game and force out actual content about traditional games. Usually traditional games exist outside of a computer.

It is something I find kinda weird.

I mean, statistically, autism is really fucking common among people who enjoy traditional games. Not just the over the top meme autism, a lot of it appeals to people with varying degrees of high functioning autism and aspergers. Given the sheer amount of people who accuse one another of autism, I wonder how many of them are actually autistic themselves.

>Bring back quests

NO.

Thanks for proving my point.

Fixing Veeky Forums would require people to make thoughtful responses instead of constantly baiting and shouting hyperbolic shit.

We're talking about problems with Veeky Forums. /pol/shit is entirely relevant. It's garbage and it needs to be gotten rid of like the trash it is. The janitors are doing better but total sealing of the /pol/ leak would be the ideal.

Not that /leftypol/ is any better, but it honestly seems like they feed into each other, so getting rid of one should stave off the other too. The people behind both 'sides' are basically the same anyway.

Plenty of people play traditional games on computers. It's the joys of modern technology, gramps, try to keep up.

VASSAL or tabletop simulator usually implement actual Veeky Forums.

My argument is that threads are not actual Veeky Forums. They do not exist outside of a computer.

Don't forget online RPG's, via voice or text.

Although you're right. Quests were never Veeky Forums.

You are mentally ill desu

There is literally no "/pol/shit" you stupid dick. It's baiters who make threads for easy attention and people who overreact and use /pol/ as some sort of boogeyman, even though Veeky Forums has always been filled with racists and people who just say what they want.

The dumb shit "/pol/shit" you bitch about is just fucking trolls who want attention. Before they were making edition wars threads, now they're making """"""/pol/""""" threads and you keep falling for it cause you're an idiot.

Looking at the catalog generals, lore discussion and threads about GMing and setting building are most common, only 6 threads have anime pictures as the OP, and not including this dumpster fire of a thread there are only three or four I'd argue are blatant shitpost threads. Several of these threads are 40k or MtG threads, and none of them are being crammed into generals because you aren't required to only talk about your game in a general, you stupid cuck.

Holy fuck I'm not the only person to realize this.

wow, someone actually gets it

Nah, it's easy to tell the difference between /pol/shit and native trolling. Native trolling can actually potentially lead to interesting discussion, /pol/shit is always garbage that needs to be burned on sight.

Agreed

No, it's NOT "easy to tell the difference" because there is no difference because "/pol/shit" DOESN'T EXIST.

You're BEING TROLLED because you're an idiot who thinks people here are neo-nazis for real. You're fighting the windmills, except these windmills use your retardation to spin instead of wind. If you stop paying attention to the trolls, and stop bitching about pol, it will go away for a while and they will find a completely different thing to troll you with.

>itt: memes and shitposting and janitors not doing their job
If you want to save tg shut the fuck up and play some tabletop games, neo-/v/.

Similar point to and Anyone got that meme comic of the guy sperging out and yelling "/pol/!" for 3 panels, then when someone tells him to shut the fuck up he goes off about /pol/ invading his thread? I

Either one should be ignored. Responding will only cultivate a pointless argument in which nothing will be gained.

I'm not sure who is fighting them. Whenever I see /pol/shit I just report, hide and move on.

Less >onelinegreentext which apport nothing and have a sticky telling people to specify setting or system for the love of god

You're doing it right now by bitching about it. You fell for their ruse because you thought they actually believe what they say instead of saying it because they know it upsets you and people like you. "You" are in every single one of these threads on this board, bitching about "/pol/" and very obviously NOT ignoring it, hiding it or reporting it.

>and have a sticky telling people to specify setting or system for the love of god
Yes, do this.

Exactly what this guy said. Like right now I want to make a thread asking advice about dice mechanics for a game I'm designing. But I'm hesitant because actual tg seems less relevant than standard threads. Maybe I'm just being meek and I think anything I post will be met with "a thread died for this." And even if I do post it, chances are it'll just get lost in the bullshit of elves, bait threads, and generic filler/banter. What happened to tg gets shit done?

I think that's a big problem, tg just doesn't get shit done anymore.

>my main gripe with quests are that a bunch of anons voting on what a character should do
Pffft, the best quests are the ones that always take the first response only. Because those are the ones without rails.

>Bring back quests
Yes please

How have you missed all the threads getting derailed because some dipshit user sees "thing I disagree with or don't like" and "le ebil /pol/ man invading" and spergs out at a level that would impress /b/

>it agrees with my opinion so its objectively right
it doesn't work that way nigger

...And now you're just making things up that make no sense?

/pol/shit is a problem. There has been a rise in /pol/ themed trolling over the past year or two, and it sucks. I'm not sure how acknowledging that is... Anything you're saying, really. I feel like you're not even talking to me, you're just ranting about some mentally constructed picture of a person who doesn't exist.

Huh, that actually sounds kinda familiar...

The semi-regular game design general threads would be a good place to post any questions or ideas you have.

My opinion doesn't matter, word of god is that the issue is closed. That I agree with it just lets me be smug and condescending towards butthurt questfags.

The fact that CYOA and civ and risk threads stay up tells me that quests were always someone's boogieman, mods realized this, and thus they were only adressed in spirit to begin with.

A void solution for a void issue.

The ironic part is that /rp/ would have been actually sucessful.

>How do we fix Veeky Forums?
Stop shitposting, and stop posting stuff that belongs in /v/ and Veeky Forums.

Actually, that's a good point, CYOA and its ilk should be shuffled off to /qst/ too.

Please don't send the CYOA fags to us. We've got enough problems from Civ quests.

>The fact that CYOA and civ and risk threads stay up tells me that quests were always someone's boogieman, mods realized this, and thus they were only adressed in spirit to begin with.
Well duh.

You could tell that from the introduction thread the mod made right before he created /qst/:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46945911

If you want a hard laugh, read this and remember that the mod was pretending to be a fan of quest threads.

More Ribbon.

Yeah, but they're only semi regular, and I'd like a dice mechanics only discussion that doesn't get lost in the bigger /gdg/ dogpile. Either way, it would be a better thread than the "what if maimed Sororitas were given as fucktoys to Imperial officers who got enough good bog points" and other fap-before-you-post threads. You know what I'm talking about.

You type like such a reddit faggot. No need to reply, just pointing that out.

How about the game design thread?

I've always found this such a bizarre fucking claim just because I happen to format my posts so they're easy to read. The whole 'reddit spacing' meme is weird too, since it's a new accusation about something that's been around for fucking years.

>Quests were never Veeky Forums

>janitors and admin who literally owns the site say Quests go on Veeky Forums
>2 or 3 randoms anons disagree

Hmm, wonder who's opinion means more

>More circlejerk created by a shitty artist for his shitty OC donut steel waifus

I would be fine with CYOA and civ threads going as well. Veeky Forums should be about traditional games. boards, miniatures, rulesets, RPGs, etc.

The current opinion, which says they don't go on Veeky Forums?

I'd rather not. There's enough Civshit spamming the board.

Quests have been cancerous from the very first moment they appeared and people who have never been on Veeky Forums should not have their opinions taken into account.

>I've always found this such a bizarre fucking claim just because I happen to format my posts so they're easy to read. The whole 'reddit spacing' meme is weird too, since it's a new accusation about something that's been around for fucking years.
It's no different than the "you downloaded an image from Google that was found on tumblr, you must be from tumblr" posters from a few years back.

>Hiro says we can have a metathread to talk about board concerns
>main concern for Veeky Forums users is quest threads being banned on Veeky Forums
>s-stop talking about quests, guys!

and this is why generals are fucking great. You know x general will always be up so you can always go there to ask questions or redirect others if they have a question or something related to the general.

>Currently not part of Veeky Forums
Hmm, wonder who's opinion means more here.
If they were Veeky Forums they would still be on Veeky Forums

After a solid decade of ban evaders shitposting because they didn't like a barely noticeable minority of threads that were easily avoided, and even then they gave them /qst/ just to make them shut the fuck up and stop flooding the board with whining that was way more noticeable, toxic, and obnoxious than quests ever were.

He's right though. People who complain about /pol/ are worse than /pol/ itself. There is a very simple to improve the quality of Veeky Forums:
1. Remove posts that are /pol/-shit
2. Make it a bannable offense to mention /pol/

You mean 'the wining petulant minority of butthurt questfags'.

I guess they're a problem too. It'd be better if they never returned from /qst/.

Oh hey nice. I love/gdg/ but I wish it was more of a common thing on the board instead of shuffled away. Or even the discussion of game design in regards to published games to talk about how they work, probabilities, and what makes the game fun.

Yeah, no. I actually enjoy having a front page and a functional board again, as opposed to a solid page of quests stifling everything else. The board is slowly recovering from that fucking plague, but it's way better than it ever was during the quest blight.

>i like dead boards

>I actually enjoy having a front page and a functional board
Same, which is why I want quests back.

>opposed to a solid page of quests stifling everything else
Quests only stifled troll threads that were looking for easy (You)s. Quests were easily avoided with filters, or by using the catalogue like everyone else you fucking autist.

Sadly, people who actually care to discuss and analyse mechanics of games are a minority of a minority. Traditional games are a relatively small hobby anyway, and most people involved don't particularly enjoy getting into the nitty gritty of the why's and hows of mechanics, they just want to play the damn game.

The existence of /gdg/ and such is great, but I don't think we'll ever see that aspect become more prominent.

>muh front page
>these filters are hard to use
>why are people allowed to post things I'm not interested in

We've had a catalog for Veeky Forums for more than half the board's existence.

I don't like quests either, but if you don't use the catalog, you're living in the past.

Yes, I see you're the type that can't help but respond as well. Did I mention reddit spacing? That's just some new meme. It's the overuse of ellipses and limp, condescending tone that gives you away. Work on that.

Quests, cyoa, civ, rolling and kobold/dragon threads are cancer and do not belong on tg

By that logic, generals aren't a problem because you can just filter them. But you questfags will whine regardless.

> /pol/shit is a problem.
For the last time you ignorant mong, NO. THERE. ISN'T.
"/pol/shit" is just you being trolled because you're so easy to bait you think that there are actual neo-nazis here instead of people just having a laugh at how fucking gullible you are. I'll say it plainly since you seem totally unable to comprehend it:
NO ONE HERE ACTUALLY BELIEVES THAT SHIT. All the talk about race and women and faggots and the day of the rope and all that? No one here actually takes any of that seriously except for you. If you think there are people here that are actually racist, or sexist, or whatever, then you're a fucking moron. It's all just people shooting the shit, and the only one dumb enough to take it seriously is you.

Generals are functionally identical to quests, but Veeky Forums loves them and hates quests because autism.

Wow. You are painfully naive.