Metals, Gems, and other inorganic materials conduct magical energy

>Metals, Gems, and other inorganic materials conduct magical energy

>Making jewelry or tools automatically imbues them with some degree of magic depending on what is used

...and?

>wearing metal armor makes you more vulnerable to magic as it attracts it to you, so mage hunters must be lightly armored with textiles or leathers

> Their rarity does affect their potency. Less material means that it channels much more energy.

>Iron is fairly common, and is associated most closely with Earth and Strength. Tools made of iron makes people able to work longer and better. Get enough iron molded in the right way and you can move entire mountains.

Maybe that's why iron can damage the fey. As beings of magic, a magical conductor can drain their essence straight away.

> Gold is a magnifier and conductor or other magical energies. The most powerful items are always inlaid with gold to increase their potency.

>The world is a magocracy, as Wizards always hoard valuable metals and crafted items to maintain their power.

> Entire continental wars are fought to control mines and rivers to pan for more valuable ore.

What exactly did you hope to accomplish with this post?

Druids are considered heretics and are burned alive whenever found.

>Hitting djinns with swords, armor, etc enchants them with "wish"

>the djinns typically wish for the weapons to become unable to harm them

>Throughout every era, there has been a wizard desperately trying to create plate armour for casters
>Most of the prototypes fail spectacularly

>One of the greatest dangers for a miner is animals accidentally falling into the mines. They will often become infected and transform into monsters.

>To respond to this, miners are all expert martials and all mining operations are overseen by wizards.

>using metal as a magical conductor
>not as a magical insulator
Spotted the guy who failed his Magitronics course.

What does currency look like without precious metals?

Or are they made of metal with spells set in to prevent counterfit?

Fuck, what would construction be like? Does it include marble and granite? Imagine fortresses made of stone that naturally repelled projectiles, or could protect itself to some degree.

What would peasant houses be like? Or town structures? Nails are magical too.

Would wealty people have magical, metal houses?

>what is fiat currency

I imagine some wizard would have pic related

Bone or shells - organic materials that can still be considered precious, like pearls or ivory.

Pearls as a form of currency, I really love that idea for some reason. Just magical enough to have consequence. I imagine it'd have to be an ocean heavy planet.

Just base it off of the ancient Greeks - some of the earliest Greek peoples had bone helmets, and that works well with this theme.

Dragons use this to they're advantage. Dragon hoards are full of shiny shit like that because Dragons themselves are magical reactors and they can vent their excess "heat" into the gold and jewlery.

Wizards make mimics that eat metal and jewels as an espionage measure. They sneak the boxes inside an enemy castle and let them eat all their artifacts

>dragon hordes as magic sinks
I love this

What would that change in terms of mundane objects. Like, what are forks and spoons made of? Or other simple items. Or is the door hinges and metal tables magic?

Sounds like magic you might see in a Brandon sanderson novel

No,it should be the opposite.Metal armors would be magic faraday cages.

It would probably be like ancient Japanese wooden house making which used joists, joints, and highly intricate interlocks since nails weren't viable for multiple architectural reasons.

There was a great NHK segment about a Canadian who learned the art from one of the last masters of the art. It was an absolutely comfy mini documentary.

Rappers are suddenly as powerful as they claim

I imagine in this world, piercings are pretty common. Conveniently sticking metal into your body so you are always prepared for magical duels.

Pic relevant

In my headspace it's the opposite, organic material conducts magic and metal stops it

Hence why mages wear armor made of wood or bone

and why heavily armored knights are still a valid troop type in war, since they are magic resistant

The very best conductors are types of crystal though, which I will remind you are alive.

>have lots of magic bling
>still a nigger

I once thought that would be awesome for a story or game that worked off the same rules as Avatar the Last Airbender, lava rocks for firebenders, gemstomes for earthbenders, coral for waterbenders, and for air benders either some kind of special stone found near mountain tops or maybe diamonds, they were the hardest to think of

Makes the Earth people both as rich and powerful as fuuuuuuuck

>pic
We're NOT making elementals with this magic, it's too dangerous.

I imagine that if you are rich and connected enough, you could heavy plate armor coated in spells and constructed to last.
It's cost exponentially more than just plate armor would, and probably end up as a mix of different metals and gems to actually resist magic, but that means heavily armored people are usually valued knights.

So glad I'm not the only one.

>my setting
>iron and steel drain magic.
>Mechanically, steel and iron weapons do damage to health and mana pools, and wearing steel or iron armor reduces maximum mana pool.
>This makes iron/steel popular with non-magic users and cloth, leather, and bronze the less effective but still useful alternative for magic users.
>Bronze weapons conduct magic, so skilled magic users can infuse them with mana to have them deal additional elemental damage.

So, would the strongest of warriors end up wearing something like pic related?