>Commander 2017 Spoilers
mythicspoiler.com/c17/index.html

>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

>Latest MTGO Banlist Update
wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander

ANNOUNCEMENT WEEK

>Product Announcement Day
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/25th-anniversary-announcement-day-2017-06-14?

>Magic Digital Next Announcement and MTGO Changes
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/magic-digital-next-update-2017-06-13
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/magic-onlines-fifteenth-anniversary-2017-06-07

>Metamorphosis 2.0
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/metamorphosis-2-0-2017-06-12

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question

Anything new you're hoping to see in Ixalan? Anything old you're hoping to revisit in Dominaria?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cooling-pond/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Remember, filters exist and are fantastic.

>Thread Question
Seeing the leaks, I'm happy with the vehicles return, the weird color of some creature types and the "blank" tribal support. So they should just reprint Coat of Arms.

I'm hyped about the Merfolk legend

>Bishop of Rebirth
>White Vampire Cleric Reanimator
Hoo.

UG legend is literally zegana+reliquary tower

>Ashes of the Abhorrent
>hosing GY strats and Cuthroat/Blood Artist strats for 1aw

Thanks for making the new thread OP. Got tied up today and couldn't do it.

>green merfolk
>white vampire
what

Is that a 3 mana anthem and draw card or are my eyes failing me and it's 5?

No it's 5 mana. What a shame

On a positive note, Legendary Pirate

You are quite literally doing what you are "preaching" against.

Also, I have posted vital content to the board.

Very few of my posts were about my personal life. And when they were it was relavent to the discussion at hand. Or inquiried of me.

So, why are you crying?

The infinite mana and intruder alarm additions are only for infinitely getting all the creatures in your deck out.

Otherwise, you pay the mana cost of any creature in your deck, tutor for it, and pop it directly into play. No counter target spell. (Stifle/Disallow aside).

How is that not great ?

The differences again, the capability to tutor literally any creature into play versus the capability to only tutor a legend into your hand. So... and tapping is an activation cost. Just saying.

They don't have the same "problems", excuse me, limitations.

there's a fucking VEHICLE

I'd still play it in my casual angel tribal deck for the card draw.

huh where? I can't see it.

Also the returning mechanic seems to be Raid. Fits with Pirates

>no Riggers
J U S T

expecting riggers in a mesoamerican/pirate themed set?

Two to the left of the legendary pirate, which is the topmost row that's somewhat legible.

Either this is fake or Hostage Taker (the blue black 4 mana pirate) goes infinite way too easily. He can target himself so you can get infinite etb triggers unless I am missing something.

oh I see it now. Makes sense, R&D said they liked vehicles enough for them to return

>A Jace that puts token copies of itself onto the battlefield.

Always hoping for Riggers user. Hope is all we have.

Artifact--Vehicle

look at the p/t box

So if Amonkhet is a plane that Bolas took time to "corrupt and reshape to his image" why is he coming back to destroy it? I thought he did that to planes to sap their mana. If theres no mana left in Amonkhet why bother destroying it since everyone on the plane will be weak?

what does the card say? I literally cannot read most of what is said on these cards

I doubt destruction of it is the main point, its probably just a side effect of whatever he is doing to regain power.

Just like the fusion of alara for the maelstrom

It's like Fiend Hunter, exile a card, it comes back when Hostage Taker leaves, combined with Gonti in that you can cast it as long as it's exiled. Except you can target itself for a one card infinite ETB

I am laughing at mono green Merfolk. Wizards is finding creative ways to not boost top tier tribalbdecks while giving tribal support to stuff that will never be viable like cats and warriors.

Hostage Taker 2UB
creature- human pirate
When ~ enters the battlefield exile target artifact or creature until ~ leaves the battlefield. You may cast that card for as long as it remains exiled, and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast that spell.

So yeah, I'm not a judge but since its ETB isn't a "may" either doesn't this mean if you cast this card on an empty board the game immediately ends in a tie because of a loop you can't stop?

Or am I being stupid and missing a rules interaction?

>1G
>not splashable
>wat is simic

It's a second quirion dryad, which is interesting for 60 card formats

fuck year, depala has more ships coming

fucking hell the /r/edh reddit is so terrible

"Hi I have this [Extremely janky and weird combo deck that rarely sees play] and I'd just like things to add to it."

"Oh I also have the exact same Idea heres my list for the [Extremely janky and weird combo deck that rarely sees play] that I have."

like fucking clockwork its like they are robots

It will probably recieve pre-release date errata like Maren did if this is the case.

>quirion dryad
>doesn't count green spells
>new green merfolk
>doesn't count creatures

it think the comparison is fair

They should probably just do better quality control.

I feel like this one will be used as often as Kari Zev, as in, never

I guess some artifact synergies? shes just not as good as any of the other artifact reds like feldon, deretti, kukesh, etc.

Otherwise...red ramp? lol

MAYBE a slot in Akiri with clue tokens etc.

What are some essential lands for titania? I already got waste Land and other similar lands, but I want that spicy tech.

Not a land but Natural Balance

If an effect with a duration ("for as long as") would end before it can begin, it will simply do nothing.

He is trying to use it to farm planeswalker slaves. The idea is that the strongest people in the plane will pass those trials and Bolas will come back to evaluate if any of those champions are planeswalkers and use them as servants or make an army of them or something like that.

That naya legend from the first set is a planeswalker though and she rebels instead of joining Bolas.

Strip Mine
Gaea's Cradle
Deserted Temple
Green fetchlands if you have them, get those triggers.

Also non-lands
Erratic Portal and Zuran Orb to really combo with that Gaea's Cradle.
And use a Mana Reflection

But that's not the effect that's being talked about. Fiend Hunter, Oblivion Ring, they can't target themselves. If they could then they could flicker themselves infinitely. This is like Leonin Relic Warder+Phyrexian Metamorph in one card.

Who the fuck cares about your report on a shitty sub? Don't even come back if it's to complain that water is wet.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Hostage Taker has a differently worded effect from either fiend hunter or oblivion ring. Its like Banisher Priest. Only it can target itself. If its effect duration would end before it could begin, it does nothing.

>Anything old you're hoping to revisit in Dominaria?

I want to see a continuation of the Sliver storyline. At present the Slivers of Dominaria have evolved a conciousness and sapience in the form of Legion.

I would love to see them as an actual race of politics, no longer simply a mindless force of nature, I want to see someone beyond Karn communicate in two directions meaningfully with a Sliver.

I also want the Black Legendary Sliver.

We have Legendary Slivers for every other color. I want the black one.

White -> Hivelord -> Indestructible
Blue -> Overlord -> Caveated Tutor and Mind Control
Black -> ? -> ?
Red -> Queen -> Spawn little sliv-slavs
Green -> Legion -> Beefy Buff Creatures.

If people in this thread realized that depriving baitposters and morons of attention makes them go away then last thread wouldn't have been the trainwreck it was.

>611.2b Some continuous effects generated by the resolution of a spell or ability have durations worded “for as long as . . . .” If the “for as long as” duration never starts, or it ends before the moment the effect would first be applied, the effect does nothing. It doesn’t start and immediately stop again, and it doesn’t last forever.

Didn't Yisan and Jalira communicate with Slivers?

Legendary black sliver
All slivers get -5/-5.
7/7

Not really. In the story they go and chill with the Hivelord, they get dominated by him for a while after turning into Slivers for camouflage. Then they snap out of it. Bow to the Hivelord, grab a journal and then fuck off. While all the slivers just watch them.

Not really the kind of communicating I had in mind but you could count it I guess.

>Giving Jhoria a sword

For what reason?

Big Black Sliver
Legendary Creature - Sliver
When BBS enters the battlefield, gain control of all Slivers.
If a sliver would enter the battlefield, it enters the battlefield under your control instead.

Those cards have 2 triggered abilities though. The new, nerfed, versions are continuous effects.

Not a land but Harrow has good synergy

To stab and slash her way to art? Isn't that what all activities aspire to?

Should have given her a Voltaic Key or Blightsteel Colossus in her hand.

Threadly reminder to filter and hide Cpt Fagborne posts
Don't give him (You)s, boys

And yet you still give me attention?

Cool your jets, sperglord.

I have two quick questions for building a Sherei EDH deck with the card Heartless Summoning. Now, I understand that she checks the power when the creatures I have die, so any 1/1s would be ready to reanimate at the end of turn, but since they then die right after they enter the battlefield since they have 0 toughness. My question is do they return at the next endstep again if Shirei is still out? I'm just not sure if it continues across turns is all.

Second, I always get confused with several creatures entering the battlefield or dying at the same time. If I have Blood Artist and Zulaport Cutthroat and say 5 1/1s reanimate from Sherei at the end of turn with Heartless Summoning out, do I get 7 triggers from each?

>tfw split cards have a cmc equal to both halves added together when not on the stack, throwing off your average
>tfw delve spells
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cooling-pond/

I just built Titania and don't have my list up yet, but go for Scapeshift, Azusa, Crucible of Worlds, and fetches well before you consider dropping $200 on a Gaea's Cradle for the deck. Don't get me wrong, the card is crazy, but for the same price you could be getting much more synergistic cards. Titania doesn't *need* big mana to win, just tons of landfall and land sacrifice.

She says 1 or less.

But, yes. They would continually return and die instantaneously and ping your opponents.

So are you saying that they keep cycling on the same endstep? I don't think that is how it would work

No, they return only once a turn.

My bad, I misworded that.

Marchesa looks really fun to build, but why is she grixis? Shouldn't she be jund? Regardless, what are the ratios to have with her with things like interaction, draw, creatures, rocks, ect.?

"Black" Sliver Lord
WUBRG
Mythic Rare
Legendary Creature - Sliver
5, Sacrifice a non-token Sliver permanent you control: Exile target creature or Planeswalker and create a 1/1 colorless Sliver creature token.
7/7

>it's a fagborn answers every question thread because he thinks it's reddit and his opinion matters

First question: yes, Shirei actually has an errata to allow this to happen. If a creature dies, it will be returned to the battlefield at the beginning of the next end step.

Second question: yes, all creatures are dying simultaneously, so you get to order the triggers however you want.

So basically you can have your Heartless Summoning out, and as long as Shirei remains untouched on the battlefield, you get to drain for 14 each player's turn.

But, as long as Shirei doesn't leave the battlefield, they will continuously return at the following endstep. And not just your endstep. Everyone's endstep.

So, you play them (or Heartless), they die instantly. They return at the beginning of your endstep. They die immediately again. Then they return at the next player's endstep and die immediately. And so forth.

No problem, but will i get only the self-death triggers from the Blood Artist and Zulaport Cutthroat? Or do I get triggers from all the other creatures dying?

I'm sorry I'm a noob

Grixis is easily the most pandered-to colour combo in the format, so, that's basically the reason.

Uh, a friend of mine got me one of his old commander decks, Wade into Battle. Looks p. cool, love the artifacts, but what should I know when playing EDH? I've never did it before, and been away from MtG in general since 2004/5.

They trigger from themselves and all other creatures that die with them.

Also, I want to start building a samurai commander deck, which commander should I use? Konda not an option since he's pure white and I want white/red.

This is the worst format and you've made a terrible mistake. Run and don't look back.

Marchesa the Black Rose is ambitious (Black), calculated (Blue), and revels in chaotic environments (Red). In CN2 her machinations pay off and she gains royal authority. Queen Marchesa no longer needs to plot, using the laws of Paliano, and substitutes Blue for White.

Yeah, that is the only thing I'm still confused about

thank you
But then wouldnt it be 14 if I had the two and 5 other 1/1s?

Correct. I didn't see the part about the 5 1/1's. Both would trigger for each creature.

So, yes you would be hitting for 14 ever player's endstep.

Basic deckbuilding principles, not to be taken as hard rules but guidelines:

40 lands, cut a land for every 2 cards that can generate mana.

You aren't running enough spot removal.

You aren't running enough recursion.

Boardwipes are great.

Creatues are the most easily answered card type, having non-creature cards that do effects is good.

If you do hateful shit to everyone every turn there is a good chance you will get hated out and ganged up on, be strategic with your plays.

Welcome to the literal best format.

Why is it the worst? I showed interest in it because I have a bunch of old cards which can be recycled in commander decks.

That user is just being a homo. Don't worry about it.

I was talking about her mechanics and less about the flavor.

I love that I made a pirate themed deck (a few weeks ago) with pic related as my commander, all this flavor with ixalan is going to be sweet.

Thanks mate, I'm already happy to know mass removal is encouraged. Also, the hateful shit, I can already see the butthurt myriad might cause, I'm actually kinda scared.

My understanding is that Shirei returns all the creatures simultaneously (double check me on this), so if that's the case, they all die at the same time to the state-based action. So Blood Artist and Zulaport Cutthroat "see" each creature die and you get a trigger from all of them.

Oh, ok. So its how I wanted it to work. Great!

Thanks so much man.

My personal aspersions aside, you can expect a bag so mixed that no one can accurately tell you what to expect. Just strap in and do your best.

No problem. Most of us are here to help out fellow players.

Just make sure you play with some more friendly people. EDH is a lot more social than other formats, so your playgroup is a big factor in how much you enjoy it.

Anything that can cheat critters into play and give them haste.

Reanimator cards.
Sneak Attack.
Feldon of the Third Path.
Enchantments and Critters that give all haste.
Tutors.
Counterspells.
Board wipes.
Gain control of all creatures.

Shit like that is a good first step.

If you see someone with a tripcode and they're not OP, do not give them the replies they want. Filter and ignore. For example, on /x/, if there's an OP sharing a story, it's fine for him to tripfag to aid the thread. Cuckborn is not only NOT the OP, he's also chain replying, which is considered extremely rude.

EDH is very much a social format, IE you need to talk with your friends about many factors
-what cards are banned
-general power level of decks
-budget constraints
-house rules
-how wishes work
-proxy usage
Even still, you're going to run into salty fucks.It makes playing the format in LGS a nightmare, because you'd have to talk shit over with a dude that may or may not sperg out. For example, you might think Entomb is outstandingly powerful, but Beardy PimpleChin thinks Entomb is just fine. Or you might pull up with a modified Meren pre-con with 15 different cards vs a guy who's playing vintage highlander and you get to turn 3 with him winning the game via combo.
Another issue is that thanks to the disparity between kitchen table battlecruiser and vintage highlander, many cards would be hailed as strong, but are bad. And bad cards get called good. Everyone has their own opinion about shit. The end result is that it requires a lot of game knowledge and card evaluation skills.