How to make the Emperor great again

How to make the Emperor great again.
Cause nobody likes him as Autistic Manipulator,
except Chaosfags, who will never admit, the in
the end, Horus was very, very sorry for what he did.

Very simple.

Simply have him learn after 10K years that he fucked up as both father and leader for being too secretive, manipulative and treating his own sons as literal tools.

When Roboute found out the latter, something broke in him.

He should go the way of every great band in the history of music. Unplugged.

>sons

And?

they arent "sons"
the emperor didnt fucked no one
they are abominations
useful abominations

>they are abominations
With their own feelings and personalities. Essentially clones made out of him. THUS SONS.

Yes and even if he was always a bit distant, which is reasonable, considering he is the perfect beeing. But in the Old Lore he had at least some sort of chemistry with his sons, for example horus was his friend. I actually like seeing the emperor fucking up as father more because he has problems to understand emotions, (consider that he is VERY old and allways tries to save humanity) more than because he is some dull soziopath. I mean, yes the Emperor is not a hero, but he has atleast have to had good intentions. If not the whole tragedy of the setting will get lost.

You are the reason why we have chaos

Please, that would get me some charming cheekbones.

He is a necron?

>But in the Old Lore he had at least some sort of chemistry with his sons

And that's what I miss about Emps. Even despite all the things he did, he had a human side. Hell, I do remember that one lore about Emps actually shedding microscopic tears the Custodes collect (and which turn into fullblown ones when there are truly apocalyptic battles) for every single soldier that died in his name. This is what current Emps lacks. Pity that they didn't give him a "I'm genuinely sorry for being a shitty person to you and your brethren" line when Roboute met with him.

To be fair, the ten thousand years of torture making him a bit grimmer and embittered (like the universe) is actually a good conclusion, which would have worked really good, if they would let him be like you described.

Beggars can't be choosers sadly.

The Horus Heresy books ruined him. I've watched the slow decay on Veeky Forums since their release from the Emperor being generally loved to being generally disliked and I could see that sliding even further if they continue to treated his character like this.

I think that with this something that was nice in 40K for a long time died.

That actually my main problem, if peoble don't understand that 40k has many tones to it. Just grimdark is bullhsit, because there is no desperation without hope. Just Epic is bullshit, because thats basilcly the main problem with matt wards work. Just Serious is Bullshit, because than it gets grimderp, because, lets be honest, we love a setting with space orks fighting against space vikings and such bullshit. And just funny is also bullshit, 40k has some decent memes, but it would degrade into the whole universe beeing like love can bloom. It is, and ever has been the balance of this things, that makes Warhammer 40000 so enjoyable.

Emps just should have explained himself. That's the main thing. You can still reach the grimdark 40k even a scenario where the Big E lays it all out. Lorgar would still be looking for a god to worship, Horus could still be Warmaster, but you could lean on the Legion's resentment of normal humans as the reason for the Heresy.
The Traitors, for the most part, rebel because they think the Emperor SHOULD be a god, or at least be ruling the Imperium with an iron fist. Why does he keep doing all this dope shit for a bunch of normies who don't even appreciate it? Hell, maybe after the Great Crusade the humans might use Emp's gifts to overthrow the Space Marines, or enslave them (It happened to Angron!) Only with the power of chaos can they take their rightful place as humanity's rulers.
Of course, Emps disagrees and is mad that they fucked with the thing he specifically mentioned not to fuck with and the more compassionate (or more loyal) Primarchs side with him. Heresy happens, Emps is murdered, Horus is exploded, Imperium ends up the same way, but Emps is not a dick.

>How to make the Emperor great again.
ignore the shit fluff and point people towards the good fluff?

Index astartes' depiction of the emperor was pretty great. He was deeply flawed, but still ultimately working towards a noble goal.

I like him as an autistic manipulator. Makes his worship as a benevolent god in M41 all the more ironic.

give him an actual personality instead of having him be an autistic robot.

He's still working towards a noble goal in the BL fluff. He's an ass but wants to have humanity ascend to a higher level by using the webway and killing the chaos gods

It would actually be really interesting if they made it so The Emperor seemed to care more for the common man than for his own 'sons.' You still get the same resentment there and the Emperor has never been a good father but he is instantly likable again.

By the same measure I miss the old legend of Ollanius Pius.

>As punishment for worshipping me as a god I will strike you down with fire and death as a vengeful god.

Ollanius Pius is great.

Go back to the true canon.

There is no way to fix him. He is a piece of shit, a cunt that pretty much doomed his own beloved species.

I've never played anything outside Imperium, and I think Autistic fuck up Emps is way more interesting than if he did nothing wrong. The way people on this board seem to want him as a perfect god severely lessens the story potential that comes from a faliable human in a position of supreme power.

And if we dislodge ourselves from the context of 40k, he's a genocidal dictator who accepts no view but his own.

We just delete HH series and fire moder BL writers. There, I fixed the Emperor and made WH great again.

Just fucking disregard Horus Heresy and you are golden. 40k is choose-your-own-lore anyway.

You can have him be flawed and he clearly did fuck up but he should be more akin to Pompey the Great or Diocletian than Nero or Domitian.

just explain that the emperor cast away his own humanity in order to guide mankind as chaos drew closer

then get ready to reintroduce said humanity that coalesced away from the corpse-emperor around the starchild-emperor that is ready to get reborn.