games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Roster Builder for you retards
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator

Hey guy i'm new to the hobby and am mainly in it for the painting, but i'm planning out my first list of Dark Eldar(i choose them for the cool space pirate look).
I would like some advice on the army so i know how far i'm of the mark.

New topic:

How would you do alternating activations for 40k? Would you prefer it to phases?

C+C on this 1000pt list I crapped out for a game tonight. 1000pt is weird so i just filled it with fusion and bodies. It seems okay.

Battalion Detachment 1000pts

Commander (1) - 160pts
1 Commander: 4 Fusion blasters

Longstrike (1) - 175pts
1 Longstrike: Railgun,Two gundrones with two pulse carbines

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits (6) - 224pts
1 XV25 Stealth Shas'vre: Fusion blaster,Multi-tracker, Beacon
1 XV25 Stealth Shas'ui: Fusion blaster
4 XV25 Stealth Shas'ui: Burst cannon

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (3) - 147pts
3 Crisis Shas'ui: 3 Flamers

Kroot Carnivores (17) - 102pts
17 Kroot: Kroot rifle

Strike Team (12) - 96pts
1 Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse rifle,Photon grenades,Pulse pistol
11 Fire Warrior: Pulse rifle,Photon grenades

Strike Team (12) - 96pts
1 Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse rifle,Photon grenades,Pulse pistol
11 Fire Warrior: Pulse rifle,Photon grenades

yeah, but if you did a mixed chaos force with cultists and demons.
And then had one of your characters and one of your few CSM units be experimental/possess/mutated women.

Seems fluffy.

Morale seems very unfluffy for something like the Necrons. I'm not sure why mostly dead robot skeletons get spooked because some faggots with flashlights made one of your bros take a brief nap.

The Fire Rises!

I've thought about trying to use it in 40k. The issue with a system like that for 40k however is that armies can have such widely varying amounts of units in them that half of the time you still end up with one person with his dick in his hand waiting untill he has to roll saves.
So considering how much of a traditional part of 40k it has been it would not be worth the effort I think.

No.

You're right, it doesn't make sense but I'd rather them have that then get something stupid like phase out or whatever it was called.

I see it as necron machinery malfunctioning, and causing them to advance in the wrong direction.

This is why you can get back necron warriors lost to morale: their reanimation protocols fixed things and they started advancing in the right direction.

Archon is the weakest HQ and the court is kinda bad. Unless you particularly love those models your better off using Drazhar with you Incubi or a Succubus. Aside from that it's worth buying the special and heavy weapons for your kabalites.

Seems fine if that's what you like, though DE are one of the hardest factions to paint

I don't know why Skitarii get scared either when they're possessed and under the grip of complete religious ecstasy, and our Fulgurites lost fearless, but whatever, game balance. Your're all Ld10, Skits can buy ATSKNF for fuck all, we have ways to fix it.

Tau are still top tier

Commanders are the new Riptides, but with far more mobility and the ability to deep strike anywhere

Have we seen any leaks of the Imperial Armor Indices yet or is it only Games Workshop stuff that's leaked?

It's looking fine.
Switch to using points.
The only real suggestions would be a venom instead of a raider for the HQ and his snakes.
Maybe add another melee unit. Or more warriors and raider stuff.

Sell me on your main army: What do you like about them in terms of lore, gameplay and models?

It's probably fine game-wise, just something that gave me pause.

Cogitator failure from battle shock?

They don't get spooked, but Phased Out.

Man was that funny when you could make Necron armies disappear by killing only a portion of them

Because their leader isn't there to provide morale they assume phasing out (fluff wise they wouldn't literally run away) is the best course of action. For crons I wouldn't really say they flee for fear but phasing out a dying unit is what happens with them.

Hey, I need some suggestions for this list. Anything I should change? What should I add to make it 2k? Don't own the army so I'm not opposed to major changes.

>What is Phase out
Newfag get out

You like the Alien movies?

tzaangors for screens

Possibly, also makes sense a couple would catch random shrapnel and later aggravate wounds that weren't incapacitating then by continuing to fight, like how CIPD sufferers have a tendency to get themselves killed 'cause they don't know they've been hurt or how serious it is. Maybe it just caught up with them.

>I'd rather them have that then get something stupid like phase out or whatever it was called.

Not overly so, and I think they somewhat resolved it this edition. A lot of ranged weapons seem really weak, which means Alpha strikes are really toned down. The big problem was that someone would have half their army gone after the first turn with nothing to do about it.

Now you'll be missing chunks of units or wounds, but still get a chance to fight back.

Less crisis more drones and pathfinders

They're just really mad that someone ruined their naps.

They're not getting spooked, they're just so stupid that they trip over their dead comrades and fall over. They need the overlords to tell them to step over stuff.

>liking phase out

Why? I'd like to hear this.

Yeah i really like the snakes so i'm quite committed to them. what kinda of weapons should i get for my kabalites?

Ahriman and Magnus in the same army is a waste when you can cast anything but Smite only once anyway. Better to replace one of the two with either cheap sorcerers if you want the additional smite casts, or troops to cap objectives and keep the characters safe.

Honor guards or veterans?

Flags worth taking?

Champions worth taking?

I'd say you're desperately short on lascannons and other dedicated anti-big weaponry. Obviously magnus will break things, but you'll want more options than that.

Also, daemon princes want double talons, the sword isn't really worth its points.

>Man was that funny when you could make Necron armies disappear by killing only a portion of them
You never even played against 3rd edition necrons.

I don't like the look of the venoms, would it be a big weakens to get them in a raider?

For Tau, I generally like the clean helmeted look of their infantry. I don't like painting skin, so being able to have enclosed helmets is nice.

Gameplay wise, I like how markerlights reward teamwork and models supporting eachother in such a direct way, which fits nicely with their lore of cooperation and coordination.

Lorewise, I generally like armies that are really varied and have a lot of facets working together. Being able to have Tau and auxillaries in tandem is nice.

I like Chaos marines for similar reasons with different warbands joining up for larger goals, bringing their own strengths to the table as they compete for power.

Because it was a unique game mechanic that matched the fluff of their army?
What other reason would there be?

Honour guards only come in units of 2 now, with a total of 4 wounds. Company veterans are up to 5.

Marine flags seem usefull if you spam marines.

Champions are like cheaper captains without the buff aura.

>Honor guard or Vets
Both. 2 HG 5 vets and an HQ in a Razorback would be rad

>Let's give this army a severe weakness just because it's fluffy!

Fuck off, man. It was a shit rule and no player ever fucking liked losing their models like that.

NPC factions best factions. I can write some cool backstory for my Archmagos and his left and right hands, plus the Knights, but the Archmagos is the only one who takes the field frequently, aside from Magos Canaris his 2IC who just helps the artillery and legs it at the first opportunity, apart from the one time he soloed an entire Sternguard squad. And as Archmagos Xander can respawn, no loss there. My friend who plays Unending Host has the same idea, which is why our battles are just us sitting back and watching the carnage sipping whisky in between rolls. I feel like an ACTUAL Lord General.

Hell, Admech can just stick new fleshy bits on the augments of the Skitarii, they once used that to outgrind a small Hive Splinter Fleet.

I imagine 'Crons would be the dream NPC army, but I find their models and army concept a little too dull. No offence, 'Cron players, but you aren't exactly the world's greatest painting or converting challenge.

I played against them in 4th edition and remember only having to kill the units of necron warriors to win.

Monoliths were unkillable but you could just ignore them, they would vanish anyway.

> Fanbase: "We are tired of Marines"
> GW: "That's a strange of saying you want more Marines!"
> Fanbase: Buys anyway
Maybe If we actually stop buying then GW will stop making them. Complaining in Veeky Forums will solve nothing

At least they all have LD 10 to represent being deathbots

What commander should I buy for an Evil Sunz army?

I really want to buy the Ghazgull Thraka model and make Gorgutz or Grimskull desu

No forgeworld, they are playing closer to the chest so probably won't see any leaks besides someone getting a copy a day or two earlier.

Okay so kinda thinking of adding some Guard to my Genestealers?

I'm thinking Scions are pretty cool, could make some nice high placed brood brothers conversions and maybe fill some tactical niches Genestealer shooting doesn't cover.

Artillery seems an obvious niche. What's good there?

Plus maybe some weapons teams. Good fire support.

Anything interesting I could do?

Has Guilliman met Dante yet? 1200 years as Chapter Master should give him some weight with even a Primarch.

No.

>I played against them in 4th edition and remember only having to kill the units of necron warriors to win.
You had to kill 75% of all units with the Necron special rule to win.

>Monoliths were unkillable but you could just ignore them, they would vanish anyway.
lol maybe if your army had almost no AT

>Fuck off, man. It was a shit rule and no player ever fucking liked losing their models like that.
It was not a shit rule, it actually was a balancing mechanic.
It prevented people from bringing 3 monoliths to a 1500 point game, and spamming special units too much.
Also, I played, and still play 3rd edition Necrons, and I like it.
As long as you have a balanced army composition, it almost only come into effect if you're already losing.

As far as artillery goes, Mortar teams seem like the call. They're cheap and put out a lot of firepower in large numbers.

> Fanbase: "We are tired of Marines"
>implying internet moaning represents the views of the entire playerbase

>lore
They're really cool guys, it's a big army of craftsman who tinker with weapons and armor and build their own wargear. Unlike most armies in the faction they stay involved with the civilian life on the planet they come from instead of hiding in their base all the time being shut-ins.

>gameplay
Flamers and meltas and CCW, oh my.

>models
Eh, they're marines, but they have one of the most pleasing color schemes for Marines.

>lorewise
I like the idea of retarded pirates running around in scrap monstrosities that work just because they believe they do
>gameplaywise
I like random shooty stuff. Won't mean I'm just going to play Shokk Attack Guns and Bubble Chukkas, but I like having weapons that sometimes work and sometimes don't. Won't be playing extremely competitive stuff because I don't like playing hordes, so the fact that I can have just a few heavily armored models is good for me too.
>models
Idk what I particularly like about Flash Gitz, Meganobz, Mek Guns, Gorkanaut, the Wazbom Blastajet.. I seriously like everything because it kinda looks like shit.

We aren't tired of marines, kill yourself

Well fuck you and your shit taste

But how else will I get my hands on Primaris marines? To use for Chaos Conversions?

I'm not really tired of marines, though I do think they're releasing them faster than they can come up with decent ideas for models.

Very tired of Primarchs though.

People have been bitching for truescale marines for fucking ever retard

No, raider works as well. It's just an option.

Ahhh. Okay, that's pretty easy to fix. Will do so once I'm back to work.

If they were tired of them they wouldn't sell. Fact is, marines sell and are the fan favorite, so they'll always get priority in terms of model releases. You and I may not like that but it's the truth.

Cry about it bitch

Ok, how does this look? Realized I needed another troop choice for a Battalion Detachment.

Hokay, so. Playing against Blood Angels soon, at 100 power. We both narratively know that we're facing the other, as we're fighting for the fate of a planet. Which of these looks better?

+ Battalion +
Overlord: 7
10 Immortals: 8
20 Warriors: 12
Triarch Stalker: 8
2 Destroyers: 6
2 Destroyers: 6

+ Spearhead +
Cryptek: 6
Annihilation Barge: 7
Annihilation Barge: 7
Doomsday Ark: 10
Canoptek Spyder: 4

OR

+ Battalion +
Cryptek: 6
Doomsday Ark: 10

+ Flyer Wing +
Doom Scythe: 10

I am honestly shocked by how many people of the local 40k community seem to be jumping to get their hands on primarines. I thought they were all old cynical fucks that hated everything new. They made fun of the Stormraven and almost nobody bought that. They made fun of Centurions and nobody bought that. But now they even love those retarded looking Inceptors ! What the fuck is wrong with those people ?

Is GW our guy?

Well that's nice of them, I guess.

>9 acro-flagellants and a priest kill 8 MEQ a turn on charge, without the priests attacks at all (won't do shit anyway).
3D3 attacks is pretty stupid, but at 15 points per model with only a t3 w2 5++...they require a transport to do anything.
It's around 250 points to put them all in a rhino.

> "I do think they're releasing them faster than they can come up with decent ideas for models"
> Try to guess what year this is from without the context[spoilerI]You can't[/spoiler]

>using warpflamer on termis

Why tho. When you deepstrike you won't hit with it. Use the rotor cannon, its cheaper and better IMO.

Also

>using icon of flame

Don't, its garbage. Not sure why you need 3 HQs too, you can cut one.

"Overloading" the system with extreme MSU would be problem, yes. ("I activate an 8-point acolyte, hurrdurr"). Thinking of ways to counter it, other than "whoever has more units must activate 2 units per activation until the difference is eliminated" or so.

What I'm currently doing is:

>Action Tokens: Move, shoot, defend.
>If its your turn, you can: Move twice, move and shoot, or move and defend. Can spend a strategy point to follow up with a second unit doing an action.
>If the enemy attempts to attack a unit of yours, you may "interrupt" with: Move, Shoot, or Defend.

Basically, acting=2 actions, reacting=1 action. Some factions can get "follow up" actions for free conditionally.

After all actions are resolved, check which units are close to each other and resolve assaults. Units that didn't fire in the turn may use assault weapons this phase ("firefighting/cqc") in lieu of melee weapons.

Different people like different things, more at 11.

>I imagine 'Crons would be the dream NPC army

Nah that's Orks. Endless customization and characterization, and you're practically unlimited in your choice of fluff since almost anything can be made to fit Orks.

Isn't this just new XCOM rules?

Huh? Archon is great. Why do you think it's the weakest?

What are you taling about, Icon of Flame is the best out of the Icons in 8th edition. It's a Mortal Wound on a 6, almost like another aspiring sorcerer for only 10 points.

What about something like the lotr game where i move then you move i shoot you shoot and so on

Yeah I played against a thousand sons player today, and honestly besides that he could maybe have done with a meaty assault unit to counter my assaults, his biggest problem was an unnecessary second disc sorcerer acting as a point sink when he didn't have enough powers going around to make much use of it.

If he kept Ahriman but swapped out the vanilla exalted for a Helbrute or something that'd have worked out better for him.

I like the concept tag-alongs. Or that certain characters might be subpar fighters / buffers, but good "strategists"

>example if you activate a character X amount of units within Y" can also mirror the characters choices for free.

Guard would be a good example. Lots of units, but if a Commander Moves, 2 units within say 12" can also activitate for free.

Something like this seems good.

>you get one roll per turn, if its a 6 you do a mortal wound to a random enemy

Wow its hot garbage.

I'm happy I can make captain silas of the exorcists and not have a shitty model

New xcom is still igougo but yeah I copied it.

That system was "move twice, move and shoot, move and overwatch (on the fence over whether to add that as an option), or move-and defend".

The system didn't let you choose overwatch targets, or do "reaction defend" or "reaction move" (which could be anything from a counter-charge, counter-ram/counter-tankshock") or so.

Repostan because last thread died too quick.

>Imperial Knight and Retainers: 2,000 pts
>LOW
Knight-warden: fist
Knight-warden
>HQ
2 Lord commissars with swords
>ELITES
2 scion commands (4 dudes, volley guns)
6 ratlings
>TROOPS
2 lmaoscript squads (40 dudes)
3 squads of either Skitarii or scions (10 dudes each)
3 Kataphron destroyers with grav and sweet sweet phosphor

My only other thought (aside from how to model all this) is that maybe swapping the kataphrons for 3 7-man rough rider squads may be kinda cool, though not as competitive.

And on a (cooler) note, here's a few ideas I have for modeling and painting:
>freeguild gunners/archers for the conscipts, maybe using the coolass Skitarii rifle instead of regular guns (if possible)
>do the Knights a crimson and cream color scheme, it's very visually satisfying.
And anything people could suggest for good, thematic units or models that'd fit with what I'm going for

Are Thunderfire cannons any good? I feel like my force could use a bit more ranged firepower, but most tanks and artillery seem really expensive.

What about a Tomb WOrld of Necrons that is so autistically mad about not being able to die that they refuse to kill anyone else because then they'd get to die and it's just not fair?

When were Knights introduced? I stopped playing halfway around 4th edition.

They seem like such a terrible concept. In a game based around infantry, monsters and vehicles you are often rewarded for running a balanced list.

Except Knights railroad you to a single really boring way of playing that is very binary. I don't get it.

Does the Drew Carry warriors box really only have 1 of each special/heavy weapon? How am I supposed to may Trueborn?

Knights are easy for new players to do well with, look cool, and sell well.

Blasters and Dark Lances is standard. Blasters and Splinter Cannons are okay too. Skip shredders.

People like giant mech suits.
It would be a better idea if all other armies had similar super heavies.

In 7th. They were already moving in that direction with Wraithknights, Riptides, and Gork/Morkanauts.

Giant centerpiece robots sell well, so they decided to let people field entire armies of them

If I wanna grab a unit of 10 Khorne Berzerkers why would I not grab 2 units of 5 instead? Seems better

would it be fluffy for a genestealer cult to have a few Lictors around.

I want to take Old one eye with my behemoid cult army but i want him in a sperate detatchment so i can still use cult ambush. so was thinking him and 3 lictors as a vanguard detatchment.

Presumably during the rescue of the Blood Angels legion on Baal.