>Trust me, I'm a roleplayer with 25 years of DM'ing
>My players are always asking me to DM, well they were before everyone got busy
>I'm taking it for thematic reasons not because it's OP
>3, 3.5 are more about role-playing than numbers and powergaming
>Millennials are the worst

.t sphincter shattered millennial

t. pissy entitled millennial

Fuckin' nailed it OP

You can toss rolling stats into that pot.

> Character that's based on almost any one thing. Yellow flag if "loosely-based" instead. No flag at all if the group gets in.
Saw legit good characters that were loosely-based on something else. Sometimes, I couldn't tell, even after seeing it in action.

Also, once we copied OOTS' group on a 2 or 3 session campaign. Had a blast.

> Constantly request a specific game / universe without being willing to DM.
"You know, game starting next Monday? We should totally be playing a game of Shadowrun instead!

> Is a parent (flake out issue).

> Doesn't really play any game BUT DnD / Pathfinder.
Sometimes a GM makes something legitimately good out of Pathfinder / DnD (out of tremendous efforts), and then group is stun-locked.

> Likes munchkin as something other than a novelty card game.
Which is linked to:

> Brag about how powerful HIS character was instead of how powerful were the obstacles he surmounted. Yellow flag if he admired another's character. Red flag again if it was the DM's DMPC.
I know it's a badwrongfun thing, but I USUALLY can't enjoy a game that's shallow and/or over the top, just like I dislike Dragonball / Superman stuff.

But that's just me.
Is this /pol/?

If the player's a communist. That's a pretty massive red flag desu

When a player...
>Is a tranny
>Announces their pronouns
>Is dating someone in the group
>Is a hardcore open fan of a cartoon aimed at children
>Is liberal
>Hates liberals and will not shut the fuck up about it for 20 goddamn seconds
>Supports weed culture
>Presents a backstory longer than 2 paragraphs
>Presents no backstory at all
>Wants to play a race other than the basic four for the first session, especially if they want to do so before hearing about the campaign setting
>Argues about a houserule with me for longer than 15 minutes before playing, or uses the word "unviable" unironically during the argument.
>Unironically thinks the job of the DM is to make the session "fun" for them without question.
>Participates heavily in an autism sport competitively, such as Magic or League of Legends
>Comes from a heavy 3.PF background
>Argues using an alignment as a key point
>Wants to play Evil characters
>Unironically believes western TV is good
>Has clear signs of depression
>Has problems with self-motivation
>Has children
>Cannot solve riddles and will not even make the attempt to solve them; Just immediately gives up and asks for the answer
>Has only one free day per week (Because this is usually the day they will give up for family matters)

Honestly people are pretty weak willed and disgusting.

Honestly full-blown communism is preferable to a lot of other political ideologies if only because it's far enough removed from traditional politics that no ones going to throw a shit fit

I've seen that ALL in one person...
Holy shit

>Runs 3.PF games exclusively.
>Delays game if people within the party don't have a backstory.
>Kicks people out with the excuse of "lel, you guys are expendable and I can replace you like that."
>Isn't available outside of game yet punishes people In-Game if they don't remember shit.
>Browses Veeky Forums religiously yet isn't self-aware enough to keep the memes in private.
>Allows custom races/classes by default.
>Thinks houserules are an appropriate response to broken rules and exploits
>Forces players to roll but won't let you keep a good spread because "it's OP."

Etc.

>hey man can you borrow me money for a pizza? I'll totally pay you back the next time

A full blown syndicalist would be less of a red flag. I mean look, there's blue and white bits too!

>Demands a backstory larger than half a page
>Thinks magic should be overpowered
>Shuts down anything remotely fun/effective/overthetop if it's related to martials
>Says "GM is always right"
>Refuses to let the players read the rules when confronted with some doubts/incoherences with said rules

Was he basically the worst person in existence?

>He invites the group to a restaurant next week
Happened to me once

>refuses to play humans because they're "boring"

No kid, you just aren't as creative as you think you are.

Yes she was

Hi /pol/

>Bitches midsession about the GM's descriptions

>Bitches midsession that the plot doesn't make sense, despite no effort to investigate why the thing that obviously doesn't make sense because that's part of the plot.

>Constantly nitpicks mundane details like an autistic

>Thinks their characters are entitled never to take a hit let alone die.

> I make an attack roll, hit!, 7 damage!
>Cool describe that please
>I hit it with my sword
>Yes describe how you do that please
>Blank stare

>Player thinks they're entitled to magic items
>Player balks at any challenge

>Complains they're on a railroad
>Complains the sandbox is too hard

>Is a parent (flake out issue).
I can take that to another level

>Is a parent who tries to host so they don't have to find a sitter
>it completely changes the mood because the rest of the group lives in sin and likes to drink and make filthy jokes
Go play with your married friends, drew.

You are a ranger. You are lost in the forest.

"Can i use that unearthed arcana feat?"

>"Hey, that reminds me of *insert League Of Legends character*"

I got one better for you
>Utters the words "Unearthed Arcana" in any manner other than a casual observation that it's broken and should remain untouched by the wise

So... they presented no bakstory, but in more than two paragraphs?

It's not hard to type several paragraphs and still manage to say nothing.

Yes, why not? they're meant to be tested and most are shit

Oh god do I have a similar and horrifying story.
>Be in highschool.
>Random girl somehow finds out I do this RPG thing, asks if I wanna join her D&D game
>This is back in the dark era where you play 3.5 or you go fuck yourself, I accept because hey, game is game
>Show up at her place with the 2 other randos she managed to recruit.
>Turns out the game is a bamboozle to get people to come babysit her 6 siblings with her
>House is a mess, have like 4 dogs that just shit on the floor, mid game her 2 year old sibling waddles into the game room and also shits on the floor.
>Leave, make pact with other randos to never speak of this again.

Nobody uses UA unless it's to cheese the game somehow. Its been that way since third edition.

Did you saw 5e UA? most of it goes from shit to meh, only a couple of stuff is actually good to the point of being as good as the printed material

Ok, I correct myself, UA Ranger is better, but it was damn needed because Core Ranger is shit, so they had to boost him

In fact, some of the UA ends printed (swashbuckler, storm sorcerer, etc)

You can cheese and minmax all you want in 5e, you won't be overpowered though.

You've summed up 99% of this board.

>Anime avatars
>japanese sounding names

>he forgets his wallet two times in a row
Happened to me thrice

also, I never personally borrowed him money, but my friend was dumb enough to.

Congratulations on missing the joke!

>Unironically believes western TV is good
user, you could just say "I like anime" and we would all know not to associate with you.

>being anti-weeb plebbit
GOOD example of a red flag.

>Unironically thinks the job of the DM is to make the session "fun" for them without question.
You really are cancer. Fun is everyone's responsibility, INCLUDING the GM.

Yeah players don't seem to understand the GM isn't responsible for them having fun he's responsible for creating the game world and running it well. Funs up to them and if you go into anything with a shit attitude you'll not have fun.

The way he word it seem like he 's stating that fun is not the most important thing in the table.

> for creating the game world and running it well
Then just write a fucking novel. No matter how good is your setting, if no one in your table is enjoying it is you who's doing a shit job.

>Reading comprehension: 0
His point was that everyone at the table is responsible for the group's overall enjoyment and the GM shouldn't be the one who is assumed to be shouldering the responsibility when the players are active participants in the game as well.

Besides, if nobody liked the setting, they wouldn't be at the table in the first place.

>You don't like Western TV? That must make you an OTAKKU FAGGOTO DESU
>Ignoring the entire movie, cartoon, books, comics, and international film sources in the world

I also don't associate with presumptuous faggots.

You're not supposed to acknowledge it, retardo. You're supposed to play along with it as though he's serious.

>Reading comprehension
But that's clearly not what he said faggot, the one lacking comprehension here is you.

Loaned *
Someone has an int of 8

No the DM is not responsible for your feels. If you've had a shit day and don't end up enjoying the session the GM didn't cause that.

>user(s) who don't realize every generation hates the one after it

One player not having fun is the player fault, all the players not having fun is a shit DM

>But that's clearly not what he said faggot
Ahem
>You really are cancer. Fun is everyone's responsibility, INCLUDING the GM.

But it's okay, I know you'll misunderstand this post too, I've dealt with retards before and I know it takes you fellas a while to get with the update.

>>You really are cancer. Fun is everyone's responsibility, INCLUDING the GM.
You are not quoting the same person user.

Of course I'm not little Billy, it's okay. Just take a nap and maybe the mean ol' reality check will bounce by the time you wake up again.

It's going to be okay champ.

To waste trips in such a retarded answer.

correction:
every generation hates the one after it AND the one before it

I don't care, it's not like this shit carries over between threads.

I stand corrected

You have autism.

I had a similar story as well

>parent guy is our main DM, tries to host at home because the wife is out and can't let the kids alone
>kids start being kids and ruining everything in order to get attention
>DM puts a cartoon movie in the TV so the kids get distracted
>the youngest ignores the TV, but two retarded players pay more attention to the cartoons than they do to the game

I like kids, but this was unbearable. The guy is a great DM, sadly.

I don't know if it's just me but to be honest I feel tempted to hate my own generation as well. Just not in front of grandpas and kiddos.

>Play in a weeb setting where Japanese names are the norm
>"My character's name is Hrothgar Irontree!"

Of the 4 players I've had that I thought were just super weebs, 3 of them were actually just contrarian assholes that literally cannot not play a special snowflake. Fuck them. Fuck them so hard.

When was the last time you ever played a game?

I hate everyone. I'll never hate that many people individually, but as an abstract concept? Sure, I'll hate everyone past and future.

>ever actually says the word "anime"
Nothing good ever comes of this. There is basically no organic way for someone to utter "annimay", referring to the entire medium, at the gaming table without it being either a lead-in to some dumb fucking autistic weeb crap or pseudoironic memetardation.

Or its not his native language
Sounds like someone has a wis of 8

Bro that's a disturbingly accurate description of a equally disturbing amount of Roll20 randos.

>>Quote
>Ahem
>>Quote
I saw you in a vitrolic thread last night and you were a condecending faggot there too

>He's Chaotic Neutral

>People that play every CN character as le wacky Deadpool Joker

>I've made more than a hundred paladins fall over the course of my DMing career.

>I've killed more than a hundred PCs over the course of my DMing career.

Or
>I don't have to take responsibility for my actions or justify them
>lol randumb!!!
Granted my first red flag for the most recent CN character was the fact he was a Drow Druid

Drow anything is a pretty big red flag, yeah.

Millenial ('93) here.
I love generation Z.
I don't blame gen X for they knew not what they did.
Boomers can fuck right off, though. They've been around long enough to know that they're screwing their kids and grandkids so that they can maintain an upper-class retirement and they don't give a damn what it costs us.

Kobolds: red flag or no?

That depends entirely on whether or not they post on Veeky Forums.
If no, then not a red flag.
If yes, then prepare for full-on magical realm.

You know, honestly, I probably have. I don't even make an extra effort. I just tell my players that my monsters will take the kill shot instead of politely stepping around the characters. That's the only thing I do different, and I have a mountain of corpses.

Why are players so retarded?

>a PC gets knocked unconscious
>the bandit takes a precious few moments to slit their throat and confirm the kill instead of going after the other PCs who are still wrecking their shit

I mean, if they are completely fucking retarded, I would understand why they would do that. But in real life, people do not work that way: fist they would knock the other guys out and then confirm the kills with headshots on each body.
>inb4 'muh fantasy'
No, it's quite obvious that the bandit/goblin/orc has -4 to intelligence if they do that, sorry.

And you as the GM come off more as an asshole than anything else. Also as a bad GM. In my book at least: nothing bores me quite like a white box fight, where both sides confront each other and just hack and slash until one side is completely wiped out, without ever thinking about fleeing if things get dire or surrendering if the enemy has a reputation of being merciful.

Also
>not wanting to capture your party to let them face the tentacle monster made of rape
>not wanting your battered and bruised party to flee from the big bad monster and face their failure as their beloved NPCs get abducted for breeding purposes
>ywn force the captured party to marry the BBEG's daughter and start a balls-off-the-walls slave escape arc

No wonder your opinion is shit.

The "born in the wrong generation" meme is also extremely old.

No. Fun is had, not given.
A DM's job isn't to make you have fun. Their job is to make an interesting, believably complex world and NPCs to interact with. Your job is to find the fun in that world.

Players who think it's the DMs responsibility to entertain them are the kind of parasitical faggots that will ignore hooks plus any proposed rumors of adventure locales and rather than do something sigh loudly about how bored they are.

Why shouldn't I be condescending to retards who can't read?

Best bet in a case like that is to call it a one off night and play something different that the kids can join in on. Kids can be funny little shits if you play some simple games they can keep up with.

>not executing dangerous opponents immediately
>in a setting where all it takes for that guy you just knocked down to get up again is a beginner level instant cleric spell, that can be used at range

>GM: "We're using Books A, B, and C, but I've banned Race 1 because they don't exist in my setting, and I banned Race 2 because they're poorly balanced."
>Player: "I WANT TO PLAY RACE 2, USING A CLASS FROM BOOK D"

And that's the story of why I don't play 3.pf anymore.

Don't cut yourself on that edge kid.

>Presents a backstory longer than 2 paragraphs
fuggggg
I wrote 90 pages of backstory for my character in w40k: only war.
What so bad about that?

What if it's an unintelligent beast, or zombies or something?

>Thinks houserules are an appropriate response to broken rules and exploits

Because they are?

No, his use of borrow is a non-typical but recognized use of the word.

Yellow at a minimum for a non-fa/tg/uy, red for a fa/tg/uy.

They aren't.

In most cases, the GM doesn't understand enough about the rules to make the correct judgement call and will usually fall into the trap of adding houserules to fix houserules that were made to houserule an issue with the system.

If you're having trouble with the rules, to the point where you're adding rules to "fix" an issue, you're better off just cutting the bullshit and using a system that actually allows you to do a thing that the group actually wants.

You're giving me flashbacks to a game I was in where a player said "I want to tackle the enemy" which ground the game to a screeching halt while the GM stammered and stumbled trying to figure out how to let the player do that.

>Is liberal
>Hates liberals and will not shut the fuck up about it for 20 goddamn seconds
You sound like a great person to be around.

The average OW character dies within a session.
Also, a Guardsman wouldn't have done enough for 90 pages.

Not so much player, but DM...

>Wants "everyone to have a good time" but deals HP damage or money penalties whenever "sidetalk" occurs
>Sidetalk is trying to figure out a solution to the strange and bizarre puzzle or coordinating to fight a fucking dragon as a group of level 1 adventurers
>Constantly knocks out PCs who try to roleplay or critically think through a situation
>Breaks PC's arms/legs/appendages for trying to climb over a Large monster's dead body and failing a climb check.
>Every monster is humongous, even if it isn't their actual size class
>"It's magical darkness, not even darkvision or your spells light it up, also it's everywhere"
>"Roll to see if your character slips on the water on the floor while he's attacking someone two feet away"
>All monsters encountered are just randomly-selected from the MM, regardless of theme, challenge, or logic.
>The dungeon is always dark, smooth-walled, stone corridors. Sometimes dark, smooth-walled rooms with traps, too.
>You need to have a backstory for this dungeon crawl where no one is introduced, has time to talk, or describes their character.

Those sessions dragged on so long, and pretty much everyone thereafter became inconceivably busy. It felt like being at a dentist's office.

Just reading that makes me msd

I thought I was the only one. Those first few are the fucking bane of my game. "Huh, why would he ever do [thing]?!"

Well, maybe you'll find out if you GO ON A FUCKING ADVENTURE YOU DIPSHITS.

>only capable of describing their character or plot with tvtropes terms
i knew one person that did this and without fail their characters were ass