games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Roster Builder for you retards
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator

First for the Dark Prince, She Who Thirsts!

First for nu-marines a shit.

Reposting because ded thred

Some math stuff I found interesting

You can get 3.25 normal (non conscript) guardsmen for each tactical marine. Firing at identical targets the guardsmen will outdamage the marine against nearly everything by a moderate amount, which doesn't really represent their fragility.

If instead we pit the 1 tactical marine against 3.25 guardsmen, we see a very interesting outcome.

The tactical marine will inflict more wounds on the 3 guardsmen than they will on him, per point, especially if both the marine and guardsmen are in cover.

However, the guardsmen will overtake the marine if they get FRFSRF (and they will beat the marine by about the same amount that the marine originally beat them by)

Also intercessors versus tacticals is a lot less of a shitfest than I thought it would be.

1 tactical squad will beat 1 intercessor squad pretty squarely.

But you can get 3 intercessor squads for the price of 2 heavy bolter + plasma gun tactical squads.

The intercessors will have 30 wounds and do about 5 unsaved wounds against MEQ

The tacticals will have 20 wounds and do about 6.36 unsaved wounds against MEQ

10 wounds versus 1.36 damage? That's a legitimate choice to make.

Also -1 AP makes a bigger difference than I would have thought when its on a rapid fire gun.

2k List I'm thinking of building up to.

Any thoughts on this?

Too little anti-big creature?

Not enough ground troops?

Units that should be dropped?

4th for Sisters a QT!

My tweak of that cool Eldar guy's list. Any thoughts?

Shit, you mean Primaris aren't as shit as people made them out to be?

When will they make an actual model for biker bosses

Are Assault Terminators any good this edition? I wanna break out my Deathwing Knights.

>thinking orks will get actual kits for any of their characters
>ever
inb4 it's the conversion faction lmao

What the fuck should I do with my Tzeentch daemons? I bought them in 5th when the horrors were metal, then I bought of the plastics when they came out. They were fun. Then 7th happened and I couldn't use them without being called a cheese monger, so I stopped.

I was hoping that they'd go back to how the used to be with 8th, but instead they're fucking trash. What the fuck should I do? Keep in mind that I didn't jump on the Blue/Brim horror hype, train because I thought it was fucking retarded. I'm just sitting on ~40 horrors, a bunch of flamers, about 5 screamers, 3 princes, and an old metal lord of change.

Looks pretty solid (I posted the original list). Make sure when playing it to doom targets judiciously.

They seem fine to me. Why don't you just run a couple games with them and see if you like them?

They're about on the same level as normal marines.

Hellblasters in particular cost the exact same per model as a missile launcher devastator except just flat out have +1W and don't have a heavy weapons movement penalty.

Inceptors are probably the only duds so far just due to their cost. In reality they're attack bikes that give up 2 wounds and some movement to have an entire extra heavy bolter and ignore the move and fire penalty (which bikes do not do natively anymore).

If they were like 65 points instead of 75, they would be alright.

is there a rough guide for how much power level is equivalent to points? eg. 30 Power = 1000 Points, or something like that.

100 power is roughly analogous to 2000 points.

Pinks are fine, even without the blues/brims to pop out of them. They're the only flavor to have a real ranged attack, and they're still 4++ troops which have a 1/3rd chance each turn of dealing mortal wounds to something nearby.

50 power is about 1000 points, 1 power is roughly 20 points.

1PL is roughly 20pts

50PL is ~1000pts +/- 150pts

lack of special weapons means they're going to struggle against anything tougher than a regular dude

maybe the retarded vehicles will cover that deficiency

Are orcs the new WAACfag faction?

They're not "shit" but they're still worse than tacticals. He's not accounting for that fact that multi-damage weapons strip the Intercessors of their benefits and become far more cost-effective, nor that more bodies is better for holding objectives now, nor that there are many many targets in this game other than MEQs against which those tactical squads are getting even better disparity in damage over the Intercessors.

Cheers

Can ork units move after being "Da Jumped"?

No, Movement occurs in the Movement phase, Da Jump is a psychic power that occurs in the Psychic phase which comes after.

Threadly reminder that there's nothing wrong with making strong lists.

The psychic phase is after the movement phase

It's all over the fucking place depending on what squad you're looking at. Power level is a bad meme, and GW should feel bad for ever introducing it.

Oh, derped. Thanks.

nein

Working on my Thousand Sons and realized that no matter how many minis I paint, it will never fill the loneliness inside me.

Idgaf, I'm gonna play super casual games with the shit I own anyway, and it's easier than mucking around with points.

IG supposedly is, though people are rating both Nids and Orks as very strong competitors, too.

What seems fine about them? The only thing they have going for them is a 4++ save like they had in 5th.

I don't consider a lasgun to be anything remotely comparable to a "real ranged attack" and again, they're durable in that they have a 50% chance to ignore anything but still die in droves to massed fire in an edition of hordes.

This is a fair statement as tacticals are pretty flexible now that a single split firing lascannon/missile launcher can decently threaten a vehicle.

This is a fair assessment and I wouldn't call tacticals obsolete by any means even under ideal circumstances, although if someone is shooting intercessors with a multi damage gun they're almost certainly trading points inefficiently with the exception of like, autocannon HWTs I think.

With how most all comers lists will be chock full of D1 weapons in the hopes of mitigating hordes, I think intercessors will at least prove viable if not always optimal.

Looking good, but their helmets seem a little barren.

People who can paint well, how would you feel playing against someone who paints like this?

I don't enjoy painting and it shows in the quality of my work, but I don't want to play with grey plastic or black primed armies.

Well that's just silly, it's well known it takes 1850 points to cure loneliness.

Unless you live too far from a FLGS.

looks good pal-o- should be fine.

It's not grey

Looks fine to me m80

Looks fine. Not mind-blowing or anything but perfectly acceptable.

That's totally passable. Not everyone has to be super creative to play.

No one cares as long as its painted, you are much better than the majority of people so keep at it to get better.

Hokay, so. Playing against Blood Angels soon, at 100 power. We both narratively know that we're facing the other, as we're fighting for the fate of a planet. Which of these looks better?

+ Battalion +
Overlord: 7
10 Immortals: 8
20 Warriors: 12
Triarch Stalker: 8
2 Destroyers: 6
2 Destroyers: 6

+ Spearhead +
Cryptek: 6
Annihilation Barge: 7
Annihilation Barge: 7
Doomsday Ark: 10
Canoptek Spyder: 4

OR

+ Battalion +
Cryptek: 6
Doomsday Ark: 10

+ Flyer Wing +
Doom Scythe: 10

>What seems fine about them?

Assault weapons are nice for mobility, and they've got a decent level of shooting. Being able to smite 1/3 of the time also means they put out some sporadic extra damage.

They aren't as crazy cheap/efficient as a blob of brimstones with a Blue horror leading them might be, but I think they're alright as far as basic infantry go. The smaller ones could stand to be a bit more expensive, and pinks could stand to be a bit cheaper.

I don't paint that well, but going against a painted army is always nice, no matter the quality. When your army is all together it looks nice either way, even if each unit isn't perfect. A lot of people at my LGS/GW play half-unpainted, so a fully painted army is really appreciated.

That's easily tabletop standard. Not a masterpiece, but you've got 3 colors and everything looks alright.

It's about how well most of my models are painted though, so I might be biased.

Asked this in the last thread, didn't realize there was a new one. Can drop pods not carry dreadnoughts anymore?

>tfw I lived long enough to see the day that addition is considered difficult to bother with and people would rather play a shit game than spend 3 minutes with a calculator

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out if I can use Tamiya tape to paint the yellow lines on them, or maybe just a small layer brush and a steady hand.
I live an hour's drive on the highway from a LGS. At least I'll be up there tomorrow night for the midnight release.

Unfortunately they cannot.

Actually the difference in damage of intercessors versus tacticals when comparing MEQ vs GEQ stays about the same, with 2 tactical squads doing about 15.55 against guardsmen and intercessors doing about 13.33.

Tacticals pull ahead against stuff that only their special weapons can reliably hurt, which makes sense t b h.

Post a unit that is the best counter to another army. Pic related, it's against demons

That looks fine! A painted army always looks good, it just adds so much to the mood and my enjoyment of the game.

You sound like a fun guy

R8 my Kaptin

That's a perfectly serviceable tabletop standard, don't know anyone who wouldn't be ok playing against it.

He seems like he has an IQ that is above that of mayonnaise - what with his ability to do basic math.

At 10ppm, though? What are 100pts worth of pinks actually going do? They don't actually accomplish anything. Most basic infantry get either special weapons or swarm tactics. Pinks get neither. At best, they get a 1/3 chance of a mortal wound IF they're in range and only at the closest unit. Also, what the shit is with Heralds boosting their S?

Deathwing knights are amazing, i think the mace or flail has wounds carry over to the next model, either way they put out lots of damage and have 3+ invuln

9/10 dakka

I did not know this. It is a bad day for Castidian Fellfall and his trusty drop pod. Does this mean Ironclads are less viable?

What is the most broken unit in the game right now?.
On their own without extras like a commissar preventing massive Battleshock damage

Brimstone Horrors

I don't know if they're #1, but I will confidently put Scions in the top 5 broken units

That 1/3 mortal wound basically is their special weapon. The rest of their points are wrapped up in being durable with their 4+ save and being a guardsmen with an assault weapon.

Heralds boosting strength is probably meant to be a general benefit that could feasibly apply to all Horrors as well as things like Screamers. If you want an HQ to boost them, a Prince is the way to go

Ironclad dreads used to demolish Guard tank armies, not sure how they do now. Could be a good Distraction Carnifex.

there will be a new plastic dreadnought drop pod soon

I need help Veeky Forums

This MIGHT be the list I use, as I posted last thread. This army is for fun but I still want to be mildly viable. Just to learn 8th and have a 1st day experience.

Problem: I need to assemble Celestine & Ven Dread before Saturday. I don't want to rush those models. And as another user said, I have way to much anti-infantry too with the marine squad.

All I have for Imperium that is ready to go or mildly viable:

>Unpainted Gaunts Ghosts
>Vindicare
>Veteran Sniper Squad
>Demolisher & Hellhound
>10 Stormtroopers
>Chimera
>14 Seraphim that need to be based
>tons of guard HWT that were going to renegades but can be repurposed

Should I try to get Celestine ready to go, or should I abandon my sisters until they are ready, in favor of AM?

Interesting - source?

9/10 drill and dakka, good to see those grots!

I can understand the granularity of points being a good thing if you care about playing competitively, but I kinda can't be bothered flicking through rulebooks working out how much each upgrade my models have is worth. Personally, I'd rather just ballpark it with power levels and have something I can throw together without worrying about the details.

I mean, functionally the maths is the same, it just means the listbuilding is less fiddly.

git/boy

unpainted/10

Hmmm, depending on how big it is, I might just keep using my regular drop pad. GW is getting enough of my money as it is.

Well we live in a age when almost everyone carries a magical slab of plastic and glass that holds (almost) all human knowledge within it but is mainly used for some vain shit.

This^

You can easily take over 500 brimstones in a 2000pt game, inside of three Battalions. How do you even bring enough dakka to kill that many 4++ models? They don't even need to hurt you, just out-number you on objectives.

I don't consider playing an inherently unbalanced game just to save a couple minutes of addition to be "fun."
If you don't want to do it by hand, just wait for the list builders to be updated, spend a little time making some big boy lists, and bring them with you like a normal person.

Has anyone seen a Gangs of Commorragh box recently? I'm annoyed that I didn't pick up the dusty copy from my FLGS a month ago and I don't know if GW is going to keep producing it.

Weirdly enough I find that units with OPTIONS that are overcosted in points are just fine in power and options that are undercosted in points also tend to have their power brought up a bit

See anything with a flamer.

And while they're just sitting there, you have invincible character psykers smiting everything.

By taking more conscripts.

FW doesn't sell lucius pattern anymore and with the new primaris dreadnought a plastic pod will be released alongside it

Well points are 100% guaranteed to change in the future. That was the point of the whole system. And what I've seen from other games the first balance patch after a major update is always heavy.

Snipers?

they're still making it, they did a restock and it's on the GW webstore, you can order one if you want

don't know how many more runs they'll make of it

Conscripts are 3ppm, Brims are 2ppm, and have a 4++ the Conscripts lack. Brims have much worse offensive ability, but can more easily flood the battlefield and are more difficult to kill due to their invuln.

some power levels are fucked, some points are fucked

both systems have the advantages and disadvantages

EG traitor knights are pure filth in powerlevel
Where as the lord of skulls is only viable in points

How would snipers help? I suppose Vindicare ignores Invuln, but even killing a Brim every turn he won't earn himself back.

Do you know how to do math? You cannot take more 3 pt models than 2 pt models.

but the little drop pod can't carry dreads

The power levels are meant for narrative games , for which the missions are often asymmetric with an attacker and defender . Makes sense not to both balancing out the forces perfectly before you play an unbalanced scenario with them.

All is dust... All is dust...

Local store is going infantry spam (we have alot of WAAC fags) i want to do the complete opposite to show them. How fucked am i?

flails kick out damage which can carry over between models in a unit

>A full grown man is S3
>A knee high living flame is S3
WHY DO I BOTHER GOING TO THE GYM IF EVEN TZEENTCH CAN OUTLIFT ME

I use it to look at my saved pictures of painted plastic men. Some days, the fact that those men are not all painted is the only reason I don't do something exceedingly stupid. It's funny what you find inspiration in. Post your favorite picture of your minis, painted, unpainted, or converted!

power level is no more unbalanced than the competitive points

with ass mad tourney players testing and helping GW on points you ended up with shit like 65 points for a nuobliterator which only has 2 24" shots, they fucked up real bad with the rules for these guys.

OVERALL, the edition is fine, the game has always been a beer and pretzel game, just don't pretend paying 3 points for your tiny dick means it's balanced.