M1 Garand

Other Dwarves

Guns.

Crotchcannons.

Dwarven Erotica

Halberd is the best weapon. Period.

Wildlife.

Dragon dildos

Honestly, assuming everyone they fight is using spears, it makes sense that they'd try to get in close, and pass the spear tips, since they're tougher and heavily armored.

Great might actually be a good pick for that fighting style. They can use it as a hook, or to pull down shields, and they can leverage them with gravity for more power.

Forgot pick. Bearded axe.

>can't use it as anything but a weapon
Shit/10

It's the best weapon for any army, really. They're spears (the best mass infantry weapon) combined with axes. Maybe add a shortsword or knife as a side arm and you're ready to go.

My halberd can shoot arrows.

Yea

Go to bed shad.

In tight caves they would not have room to swing it

I think a lot of people underestimate how short and stocky a dwarf is. They are made for swinging picks, not jabbing with pikes and halberds.

Except dwarf tunnels are always huge as fuck. I've never seen a dwarven cave or tunnel that was cramped for a human, much less the dwarves themselves.

>halberd is the best weapon for everyone
ftfy

You could have at least posted the video, OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=seih9n2MuYc&t=0s

Thats almost not a horrible idea. Almost.

Give me a pike phalanx of sturdy dwarves and I would be the most happy of campers.

Just imagine a pike phalanx that has mithril plates and chainmail, shields large enough to nearly cover the entire dwarf, and short stabbing swords for a close-up engagement.

This.

The dwarves don't even need to fucking poke people. Just fucking walk out the cave city into the tunnel, and keep marching into the enemy with your pikes forward. Enemy has to either bury you in bodies, or fucking bail out of your tunnels.

Fuck large shields. The fuckers are allready wearing plate armour. A smaller aesthetic silver shield, like in this, would be much neater.

Dwarves aren't different enough from humans to differ in which weapons they can use profficiently, which means that there is no "best weapon" for dwarves, just a wide variety of weapons that may be optimal depending on the context.

Alternatively, dwarves would be fantastic tank crews, so M1 Abrams.

Oh and speaking of cool, underused, dwarven characteristics a Dwarven Not!Rome with legionaries like your pic would be so kickass.

>Alternatively, dwarves would be fantastic tank crews

I like this. Not like Blizzard and others didn't already have dorf tanks, but I still like it.

Fucking this, why do people always come up with this "no space in tunnels" bullshit? All the fucking time the underground is composed of massive halls.

Came to post that.

I'm unconvinced, I'd reckon they have the wrong proportions for swinging polearms. Boathook kind of spear, maybe, but not halberds.

Spear with a crow's beak or something in reserve is my preferred.

Or they just use their larger bodies to carry even longer pikes.

Thing is, dwarves wear platemail, which completely fucks pikes and spears for the most part.

They are mostly invulnerable.

>dwarves would be fantastic tank crews
Would they though, they have larger stockier arms than humans, sausage fingers being a racial trait and all.

Wouldn't halflings or elves be better?

>dwarves try to use pikes
>everyone else can use longer pikes
>decide since they can't take advantage of reach, that they'll just chop up any pikes that get close to them with axes so the enemy can no longer use their reach
>axes become the main dwarf weapon

this. axes and shields.

Roman dwarves when. Instead of elves being the mighty precursor civilisation make it an underground city state of dwarves. Tight formations of elite heavy infantry digging tunnels ubder cities and popping up behind their walls. It fits together really well, they're both manlets, they both don't like cavalry and they both have weird cultural emphasis on the role of the father.

Invaders attacking from above or parallel will enter their halls and there will be massive room.

Foes from below will attack from the newest mines, where space is tight.

You need two fighting forces.

Oh yeah sure, every single mine the Dwarves will ever build is going to be made up of massive halls.

Depends on the situation, but my preferred above-ground panoply is bardiche, musket and beard.