Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1561: Angry Penguins Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/F1gigEBY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are you a druid, /jc/?

Do we have an L.A. Noire jump?

Watching the SBF play it is reminding me how stupid that place is.

>Functionally, it's like a massive computer that's stuck in White Room Limbo, if you want I could just post the entire Noble Phantasm.
Sure

No but Writer me is married to a really buff one

Don't you mean LAMAJ? Or maybe ERIOIOIRE?

Angry Penguins was an Australian literary and artistic avant-garde movement of the 1940s. The movement was stimulated by a modernist magazine of the same name published by the surrealist poet Max Harris, who founded the magazine in 1940, at the age of 18.

OKAY FINE WE'LL TALK ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED.

Let's take it from the top.
>Destroyer of Worlds, Decade! What is reflected in his eyes as he journeys across the infinite worlds?

Jump 89: Tenchi Muyo (Slice of Life)
Origin: Drop-In
Perks:
Civilian Savvy [900]
Smiling Goddess Leaves [500]
Jailbreaker [400]

Items:
First-Generation Tree Ship [0]

pastebin.com/F1gigEBY

Part 1 of 3. Not sure when the rest will be done.

Jump # 149 Beyblade
Era: Bakuten Shoot (free)
Perks
*Bey Control (0)
*Go Shoot (0)
*Rise above the storm (0)
*Lets Beyblade (0)
*Bey Coordinator (0)
*Intense Training (100)
*Psykick (300)
Bey Blade:
*The Bayblade (0)
*Type Configuration (0)
*Special Attack (0)
*Element – Fire (0)
*Magna Gear (50, Discount)
*Specialized Performance Tip (0)
*Type Optimization – Balance (300)
*Replacement Parts X 5 (250)

(Wee I have no idea what I am doing here)

Ok… if I was confused the last time there are not even words to express my confusion here. All I know is my top has the spirit of a Kitsune in it and I think may be these worlds Tamamo no Mae from some of what she said.

I’ll be honest here. I did some tournaments; I even tried to help who I thought was the protagonist for as long as I could tolerate him (which wasn’t long). Mostly I spent my time playing with my companions.
Arcueid really enjoyed this and I can tell I am going to be spinning tops in my off times for at least the next few worlds. Akitsu liked it too, snowflame really got in to it but I think it was because he was high and liked to watch the tops spin.

Doom-chan wanted to just take the light of terra and look for intelligent life since there was apparently none here. Yubel was kind of annoyed there were spirits of monsters being used in such a way… I always treated mine with the utmost respect so I didn’t piss her or the spirit off. Tamamo… well things got strangely tense. I think they were jealous of each other and I tried my best to keep them apart lest bad stuff happen.

Go away Enterprise, everyone knows the only reason you got the pennant is because you're a whote
Hornet's a better boat anyway.

I'm a fluid druid.

The boobs belong to the girl in the new Xenoblade 2 game. Then you have Mario from Mario Odyssey throwing Cappie, an intelligent white top hat that belonged to Bowser before throwing it to Mario. It can take on any shape & when thrown on something Mario possesses that object or person.

In the Majikoi jump, what do Hiragumo's weapon platforms do and how are they summoned?

Main heroine of Xenoblade 2.

Neogaf is already calling her an unrealistic and sexist portrayal furthering the objectification of women and threatening society as we know it.

Happy to add in an automatic date set to "What Short Victorious War," but I really don't think I could justify the alien drawback. Certainly not at 300 CP. Basically, the existence of ET in the setting is just a minor background detail other than in the first book, where they still don't come to much, and I'm half-convinced he's forgotten about them entirely. And unlike the other drawbacks, it's not even linked to any of the series' themes or even a reference to anything else (at least that I know of). If you could explain more of what you were talking about, maybe, but as I see it now it's just adding empowered aliens out of nowhere.

Not that big; they used to be bigger, but he realized that his ships listed masses and sizes meant they were as dense as smoke. "Fixed" sizes are noted in the notes section, and they're all roughly the same design; spindles with large hammerheads, often called flying dildos.

Probably should mean you lose your warehouse (after all, if you die to a drawback you don't come back at the end of ten years, you still go home) but that would be unnecessarily harsh. I'd say it would be reasonable to assume there are items you didn't get back, though, if you don't manage to get back the key. And of course you can't Companion Carmen in that case.

Given no comments on the proposed items, this should be a completed Carmen Sandiego. If anyone has anything else, let me know. Slightly changed honorverse will be upcoming tomorrow.

I'm about as close as someone could be without actually being one. I'm chosen by the trees, commanding them with my will, a sage tied to nature. I haven't been given a chance to be a druid yet but I'd probably do it.

Hey user Heart you here? For the Kubera jump you are making will we only be able to start when the story does or will we have the option to start a while before then? Like when that planet was being destroyed?

Oh hey oh hey I can see you again, how did the filter drop? ah well whatever, how you been? have you ever thought of giving your coat altforms? Mine can turn into lots of things including my weapons and I have no clue how I used to get along without it.

Has nice xianxia style going too.

Anyone know of any jumps that let you import or otherwise give gear an organic look?

>Neogaf

Who cares what they think.

Oh hey NuBee, I just got done reading the Soul Eater jump for the first time and wanted to say that it looks like fun. So good job and shit.

Think I'm gonna watch some of the series later to get a better handle of the possibilities.

Wouldn't you also not gain the CP from the drawback?

>Oh hey oh hey I can see you again, how did the filter drop? ah well whatever, how you been?

weird. I'm careful not to change my trip or anything

>ah well whatever, how you been?

Anything I say will be used against me, so I'm going to decline answering that question

>have you ever thought of giving your coat altforms?

not really I like the way it looked and it was kind of a memento/trophy case with all the stuff I kept adding to it

>Has nice xianxia style going too.

I don't know what you mean by this

>Anyone know of any jumps that let you import or otherwise give gear an organic look?

warframe has a thing for that

If you take her, you don't get the CP; if you don't take her, you do. If you chose to take her and don't even catch her... I guess you get that extra CP to spend at the end of the jump.

No. I can talk to plants and animals, but they're demanding pricks so fuck 'em.

So what do I need to buy if I want to use the import to just upgrade my ship from SoB with Honorverse tech without giving it a new and smaller hull?

So...dendrophilia huh?

The normal import. After someone else asked the same thing, I got rid of shape in the listing of stuff you gained. Should have added that to the changelog, but I didn't, so that's my bad. Worth noting heavier classes of ship will still have heavier armaments, sensors, and other tech, even if you're no longer in the same mass category.

Attached is a reasonable picture of honorverse ships in combat.

>Probably should mean you lose your warehouse (after all, if you die to a drawback you don't come back at the end of ten years, you still go home) but that would be unnecessarily harsh. I'd say it would be reasonable to assume there are items you didn't get back, though, if you don't manage to get back the key.
Dude, mellow out. Not having a warehouse, items or properties during the jump could be a +300 CP drawback by itself. You went beyond that and gave them to the baddie. Also during the jump. Jump ends, drawback ends, you get your stuff back, because you lost it to a complication.

You are basically doing drawbacks entirely wrong. They are not supposed to be this 'fuck you' thing some shitposters have a hard on for. The point of drawbacks is not to permanently cripple the jumper, or try to screw them over and get them killed. It is to make the time in the jump more interesting. Having to make to without, or hunt down your OCP stuff heist by heist as Carmen Sandeigo uses them in her capers does that without you getting super edgy.

>after all, if you die to a drawback you don't come back at the end of ten years, you still go home
you don't die to a drawback, you just die, which some complications may make more likely. And even then, not necessarily if you have a one-up available to bring you back from that death or avoid it.

So it doesn't matter what hull for the import size, but bigger ships have better stuff so I should still use the biggest Hull option I can afford to get the most out of it?

Thanks user, I'd recommend reading the series too if manga is your type of thing. The plots of the anime and manga diverge after a point, and the manga does some really cool things with the art as the series progresses.

Huh, i never noticed he has a statue of himself behind the sack.

How are Honorverse ships with invading planets?

Do the broadsides make bombardment difficult?

>You may select up to two Drawbacks to gain additional points.
It's still there, and it's still a bad idea.

Which is why I said it would be unnecessarily harsh and that it didn't happen. I'm agreeing with you, that one would be more consistent but that it's worse for the story so that's not the ruling.

If you're importing a ship that's outside the standard mass categories, at least. All I'm trying to do is retain some value to different ship classes so importing a supermassive ship as a LAC doesn't become the only valid option. If I need to rethink that, I can.

They mostly use dedicated KEWs to do so, so no, there's no problem. Rules of war in the honorverse say you can't bombard a planet until you control the system securely anyway, so it's rarely been an issue.

I'm a wizard, harry.

I like to imagine it was something completely different at one time and just got warped over the years due to proximity.

Require that ships be imported with the hull size closest to them, meaning you must buy one of the Superdreadnought size hulls if yours is bigger than that?

Maybe more consistent if you completely ignore howthe Warehouse and CP purchases usually work. That is to say, about as consistent as Odin getting BTFO by Thor.

I never noticed the statue either, I was actually about to post the exact same thing as >53827210

>Do we have an L.A. Noire jump? Watching the SBF play it is reminding me how stupid that place is.

The big revelation at the end really ruined the game for me. My honest reaction was "Wow, really? So that means all my cases....guess I'm the worst detective ever."

Given the nature of madness wavelengths that could be entirely possible.

I get the feeling you were just looking for an excuse to post that, and also appreciate you posting that.

I felt like you left it open on purpose so I just decided to go with it and post that pic.

Jumpers, how do you upgrade your large scale tech projects? Ordinary workers wouldn't be much help in upgrading massive warships and you can't just do it all by hand yourself.

Was waiting on this bro, It's some good reading and glad that Yuki understands, But I'd be lying if I didn't wanna see you snowball into a giant harem after this jump, They'll be coming after you no matter what you try. Can't wait to read the rest of it.

Have you read Marvel Magic yet? Have you seen how utterly your request for it to "not be a powergrab" was ignored?

To be completely fair, the bag does draw your attention to moment you look at the panel.

Right? Like imagine that being some kind of guardian deity or an ancient depiction of Death, and just by it sitting behind Asura's eternal prison it starts peeling, warping, wrapping in on itself and branching out.

I make a hoard of drones with Supreme commander tech in them & use We Are Many from the Matrix jump to do it myself, kinda.

Nanomachines, son.

Two words: automated shipyards
I've got enough of them that I can pretty much shit out an entire Navy in ten years.
I mean, yeah, there's no asteroid belt left. And sure, there might be a few less moons in the solar system when I'm done, but navel supremacy waits for no man!

I use a kind of alchemy to convert it into the shape I want to to be in, then start work on getting the materials and functions in place during maintenance work.

Hey, what class of Servant would The Antichrist be?

Reasons? Besides just "i dun liek it"?

...So Caster?

>upgrade your large scale tech projects
Depends. A lot of what i do is integration of CP bought technologies, which can be done with Ordinary Workers (though they're technically a DEldar base, they've been bred away from the sadomasochism and are now organized into castes not unlike the tau)

For example, most ships i get i merge into the LoT, not unlike a power ranger gun contraption. Hundreds of little fighters, 8 supply tier ships with their own detatchable squads, among others. Anyways, it's a matter of smooth integration with shields and armor, which is mostly just engineering, attachment, and calibration.
You'd be suprised what a dedicated group of "Ordinary Workers" can accomplish.

It'd be even more terrifying if it was a depiction of Death since if i remember right, Death is some sort of positive variation of a kishin and that would mean that Asura was still able to warp it despite Death's soul surrounding his prison.

It's been awhile since i read Soul Eater though so i might be wrong there.

Not fiat backed.

Avenger

Avenger maybe? I don't think that's a class yet, but Avenger seems to be the more monstrous or evil Servants.

How willing would Merlin be to join me if Jumper was similar to Archer F/SN?

Avenger or Ruler. Maybe Caster.

Breathing isn't fiat backed either, but despite how much everyone wished the contrary, that's not stopped you yet.

Some jumps have auto factories offered for CP.
Schlock Mercenary has a good one.
Use those to make larger instillation's in the setting. I have abilities to make the parts in east to assemble modules. Build various drones for automation and security.

Or for relatively simple (technology wise) large structures, I can do it myself with earth shaping magics

It's a little more complicated then that. Specifically, Death and Asura are both Great Old Ones, and Asura is Death's son and original heir. Kishin in the manga seems to be Asura's title alone, rather then a general term. Crona could only become the Kishin by devouring him. Asura went crazy some time in the past, and became the Great Old One of the Madness of Fear, rather then succeeding Death and becoming both the new Death and the new Great Old One of the Madness of Order.

So Asura warping a statue of Death into his own image carries double meaning: both as a twisted version of his original purpose as Death's heir, and as a sign of how he went from being Death's heir to the Kishin.

I like how you can see that Bowser put a lot of work and effort into his suit and styled it to match him normal looks, while Mario just got white fucking everything except the bow-tie, buttons, and the Mario button pin making it look like he got everything at a discount store and bleached the fuck out of it.

Makes me think how Bowser puts all this time and work into these huge dungeons and plans, while Mario just saves the day by literally smashing is ass down on things.

With this, I now oppose the union as Bowser deserves better than Peach or Mario.

Then it just means every jumper does as soon as they exit their Warehouse for more than a few minutes. Turns out Quicksilver got the last laugh after all.

What fluff/wank do you have for taking the Antichrist as your Servant? What would you even give him for personal skills and NPs? Show us your build for him.

One of the first ones is usually to integrate self upgrade capabilities so that I can just update the blue print and let the ship do the rest.

Are there any perks/import options that give a ship that ability via fiat? It would be nice to have a ship with fiat insured self upgrade capabilities.

Why are those shake-weights firing lasers?

Well like i said it's been a while, and that is a really interesting implication too.

Nobody has ever accused Bowser of not putting effort into his kidnapping/courting of Peach.

Isn't the Anti-Christ his own class in Fate/Prototype? I think he was supposed to be the BBEG's Servant, with her ultimate goal being to fully revive him using the souls of countless innocents. Once that was done, he would have the power he needed to destroy and remake the world.

(Actual spoilers ahead) You're close. Death is the Great Old One of Order. Great Old Ones are each the progenitor of a type of madness due to being beings with absurdly powerful souls. There are a lot of differences between the two, but they're similar on the front of each having a soul aligned with a unique form of madness. Asura actually used to be a Great Old One until he went off the deep end. He's the son of Death, made after Death expelled his own fears.

Think Bowser should find a new waifu. I think Princess Daisy is single. There's also Rosalina & Pauline.

Probably the best option, incorporating into next version.

Because David Weber wanted really badly to write the Napoleonic naval conflict in space, and ignored most everything else. Attached is a new-style LAC design.

Have you ever looked yourself up in a setting, Jumpers?

Daisy is Luigi's.

Your explanation was way more poetic.

Avenger is a class you can take right now actually. By the way, what the heck does Oblivion Correction actually do?

Merlin was going to be the antichrist but then he wasn't (Forgot why)
I don't know a single thing my guy but as long as your jumper isn't an amoral jackass who does evil for funses I'm sure he'd come along if he thinks you could give him an interesting time

Because it makes taking a +100 or +200 CP drawbacks penalize you by lowering your the maximum CP you can take.
The reason drawbacks have different PC amounts is to mix and match them, so a 100+200 is equal to a 300. with a 'pick two' rule, the lesser drawbacks fall by the wayside, and builds end up with the same drawbacks.
By effectively forcing a choice to be among the among same few drawbacks or you loose CP, you defeat the point of having different drawbacks to choose from.

Or... you could just not take the higher drawbacks. Because, you know, you're not able to take them on as they're expensive drawbacks.

There were entire threads dedicated to me, my existence, and my every action right down to the coffee I drank while I was in Worm. To the PRT, Cauldron, the Protecterate, and more, I was an S-Class threat on the level of The Sleeper and everyone DESPERATELY tried to avoid.

To the internet and most civilians who never actually met me, I was a meme. And that is all I will say on the matter.

Why would anyone post about me online?

I would be if WoW would ever drop.

>Touhou
That reminds me: You commissioned a dirge jump. Why are you still here?

I live under the fridge. I thought we established this already?

Which is the strongest of the standard D&D dragons?
IE not the epics or special dragons.
I want to be a powerful dragon but not one of the weird mary sue dragons like the Prismatic.

>I live under the fridge
That sounds unpleasant.

He's intentionally ignoring the criticism of that. It's a case of 'I'm old and like the old ways."

I wouldn't NOT fuck a sword.

Huh, you must get a lot of cardio, considering how often the fridge's running.

Reds are the most powerful Chromatics, and Golds are the top dogs for the Metallics.

I maintain that I did not have sexual relations with that Endbringer. We didn't even cuddle.

I have no idea.

It's not so bad once you get used to the cramped space and the fact the people who use said fridge habitually drop spaghetti all over the front of it.

Sometimes the meatballs roll in down here and I study them. Take notes. So that I may one day create the ultimate meatball.

I feel like I was going somewhere with this metaphor and lost it.
ALWAYS.

>Or... you could just not take the higher drawbacks
And now you have a lower drawback limit and less CP than a more powerful jumper would get from the same jump.

Marvel user has managed to either punish you for either being an early chain jumper, or punish you for not choosing to make your jumper as overpowered as possible to trivialize +300 CP drawbacks.

There is a reason jumpers don't do this anymore, and the person who still thinks it is a good idea had been away, stuck in the wilds of the Frozen North.

It's always funny how the people who are vehemently be against "powerwanking" tend to most necessitate it.