/swg/ Space Kitty!

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/6/16/cry-havoc/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So due to some incidents I had while moving, it looks like portions of my X-wing collection seem to be gone forever- specifically the models for my Gozanti and my 2 IG-2000's.

Is there any way to get just the models for them? I don't really want to buy a full expansion.

I'm still hoping I find them, as their custom paint jobs took forever.

Alright, so I just caught up with Disciples of Harmony last thread - and it has some great mechanics in the back about Alternate Force Traditions - basically if you have a teacher from another sort of discipline you can have different benefits than the default -5 cost on basic force powers which can be cool and unique, but also often have drawbacks related to their flavor, such as additional conflict in certain situations - which can be bought off if you leave the tutelage of that master.

So my immediate thought was that we should homebrew some of these up. Surely /swg/ has some favorite force traditions which could get some love in F&D.

My first thought is on the Jensaraai. I'm thinking discounts on certain upgrades for Manipulate (because if can enhance Mechanics checks for sweet crafting), Enhance and maybe Imbue, and also always treats Armorer as a career spec, but not sure on the Disadvantage, maybe 1 Conflict for working with a Jedi or something?

So what will Armada Wave VII look like?

AWACS Gozantis and Dornean Gunships.

MC-75 is a way more accurate prediction BTW

I dunno. is probably right about the MC75, even though what the Rebels need is another medium and not a large.

Likewise the Empire needs another large. This could take the form of the Tector, Allegiance, or Secutor. They could also use another small to tie up the number of ships per faction.

Anybody think there'll be a new Armada core set for Ep.8 with FO and Resistance?

>Anybody think there'll be a new Armada core set for Ep.8 with FO and Resistance?

Depends on if they get a lot of action on screen. The Finalizer has the problem that even with scale fudging it's like twice the size of an ISD - it'd be like an Epic for Armada. Though supposedly there are some nucanon ships for the Republic which are also that scale - could be a thing.

But yeah, basically they'll only get in if they offer some significant mechanical improvement I think - and they may not.

> even though what the Rebels need is another medium and not a large.

If what they really need is another medium ship, FFG didn't do Armada any favors giving the imps the Quasar Fire, but I guess as a niche it helps Imps. I have no idea what another appropriate ship in that size would be. MC40 light cruisers are about the same size as the MC30c, they just have a different role configuration. They have a wealth of large sizes there in as yet unused Moncal models.

Empire's sketchier. A lot of those big bruisers don't have a great visual identity and the scale's all over the place. With Victories, Arquitens and Peltas in I could see a Venator showing up with some retrofit action. Don't know much about Armada so I don't know if that could fill a niche.

Venator for the Empire would be cool.
However it's niche would be Carrier and we just got the quasar so...

So, pulling from the RPG as a potential example - since that material at least is approved by LFL somewhat recently, there are a few ships of various levels which might be good/cool in armada.

Both the CR92 and DP20 exist, as does the Marauder for Corvettes. The Lancer-class frigate is still out there, just perfect to say hi to all your fighters. Consular Class light cruisers have been published twice. Dreadnoughts and Neutron Stars also exist. The Ton Falk also hasn't been used but imperials just got a carrier.

Praetors and Assertors are way too fucking huge. But the Secutor is only like 30% larger than an ISD and they are canon. And FFG did put art of it in Stay on Target. But that's another carrier. A... fucking enormous carrier which could probably eat some smaller carriers.

And for rebels obviously the Dornean Gunships and MC75 have appeared in the canon recently. Along with U-Wings. Won't those and TIE Reapers be fun in Armada?

ebay?

Also when is Wave 11 for X-wing going to be out, the closest I can find is "June" but we're halfway through the month already

Oh fuck no man they're still At the Printer. You'll be lucky if they have a limited release by Gencon.

The C-ROC came out this month.

Ugh, the one ship I'm not planning on buying. Fuck scyks.

Well I guess I'll have to wait

Is this accurate scalewise?

First for the objectively correct faction choice.

Just got done peeling through it, there's some ok stuff in there, didn't think much of the careers. Little drab.
Though I did like that they've put the Jedi Trials in there as a bit of a guideline- thank fuck!

>Alternate Force Traditions
Matukai
Probably lots of enhance, maybe some healing/strain management stuff and beating motherfucking sith punks to a pulp with fists

They're Swedish.

Well, that explains a lot of things I guess

>Swedish flag
As a swede this confuses me

Very few game mechanics are relient on base size, keeping the factions equivalent on them isn't necessary.

I expect the MC-75, definitely. Medium or large base, two offensive slots, some black dice, roughly equal front/side arcs would be my guess.

I think we'll see a Resurgent Class, possibly next wave but maybe not yet.

We'll never see a Tector except maybe as a title because it's pointless.

I do expect a new core set. It's been almost three years, there's definitely room for some rules tweaks and alternate paint jobs, and the current core set is really bad at getting people into the game.

>Very few game mechanics are relient on base size, keeping the factions equivalent on them isn't necessary

While true, I feel like Rebs only having a choice AFmk2 or AFmk2 for their medium is a bit limiting. There's still design space there for something more focused than the generalist AFmk2.

bork bork bork borkborkbork borkborkbork

bork bork bork bork bork bork kill the wookies borkborkbork

Sure, my point is it just shouldn't be done to maintain an arbitrary base size equilibrium.

Right now, the Rebels have the MC30c, then the Assault Frigate, then the Liberty. There's definitely room for more options in that point range.

This isn't even remotely to-scale.

Where did you think Vader's Fist went?

Not even vaguely close.
I don't think there are any two ships there at accurate scale to each other at all

Alright I need Ace Combat tier superweapons. Hit me with some ideas.

So with a couple podcasts calling that a Biggs nerf will happen upon release of wave 11, what else do you think will get nerfed, and how?

My guesses-

Mindlink-only works in pairs/becomes a 2-dot unique
Jumpmasters- Dial change or point cost increase
Advanced slam- Only allows actions on your bar
Sabine- Less damage, only works on your own bombs
TLT- Reads Attack (Target Lock)
Biggs- Either once per round or he just obstructs ships at range 1 of him

Maybe-
Mov system changed.

Also, on another topic, what's the best usage for Intensity? I'm only seeing it be useful on Jake, Poe, and TIE/SF and T-70's with Comm Relay.

I really hope they nerf biggs so they can finally get off their fucking asses and buff X-Wings a little.

Sabine won't be touched if Advanced SLAM is nerfed. It's one or the other.
Jumpmaster could have Astromech and/or Barrel roll moved to title.
Mindlink could read "You can't have more than 1 focus token."
TLT (AttacK: Target Lock) perfect
Biggs (Once per round) perfect.

>Advanced slam- Only allows actions on your bar

So, ban Advanced SLAM then?

It's not a ban- getting a TL for future rounds after SLAMing or a focus for defense is still useful. Am I the only one who sees miranda use homing missiles more often than bombs in their local meta?

LRS costs zero points, just TL from across the map.

Matukai
Reduce cost to purchase the Ebb/Flow, Enhance and Imbue basic Force Powers by 5 XP (to a minimum of 5).
Drawback (15 XP): Before Committing Force Dice to Ebb/Flow, Enhance or Imbue you must perform martial arts forms for 1 hour.

Seem fair? These force powers give them a good start on boosting their own actions, refreshing strain and helping others. When the Warrior book comes out they'll probably have a good power so might switch it then.

For the drawback, didn't want to be as brutal as Gand Findsmen, but did want to reflect their use of space yoga and stuff in exercises.

Biggs nerf needs to happen or the Auzituck can possibly break the game.

Stuff that needs addressing.

>Biggs
Nerf into the ground, long time coming. Friendly ships at rage 1 count as obstructed when defending or something.
>Adv SLAM
Action bar only. Sabine is fine, but Adv SLAM bombs have made traditional aces nigh unplayable.
>TLT
Game warping, not fun, an all around shitty design. Cap it at 1 damage. Fuck it.
>R3-A2
Stresshogs are not fun or interactive. Add "if you are not stressed"
>Jumpmaster
Have to do a lot because there's multiple areas of concern. EPT off the scout, flat price increase across the board, remove salvaged astro slot, have punishing one swap crew for the astro.
>Protectorate
Concord Dawn is too good. Instead of adding evade, turn one blank to evade.
>Asajj/Latts
Hard to pin down what to fix. I think adding "if you are not stressed" to her ability and/or latts crew is sufficient.
>K4
Free target lock action

I think those are the biggest concerns at present.

That has only disadvantages over the base mentor. Instead of 5xp cheaper on all base powers you're only giving it to them on 3 and there's an additional disadvantage besides.

Oh duh, forgot everyone's favorite

>Mindlink
I don't think mindlink is actually that bad. It's the crazy good ships that make it so prevalent. Symptom not the disease, perhaps. 2 points would be ok, maybe "if you are not stressed" to the focus, maybe free focus action.

Asking again, from last thread.

Does anyone have any star wars 1in grid maps stuff? Either for the old miniatures stuff or new impass map. Im looking for more than just the tiles that come in the packs.

If anyone has a 1in grip map stuff already, please share. Im looking for anything.

You're just a big ol' wet blanket, aren't you?

Alright, so also add the 5 XP discount on Control upgrades for Enhance.

Aim low, and adjust up my friends.

Do you play with any house rules?

Asking for EotE, but any other game (X-Wing, Armada, etc) can chime in too.

yes, lots of them, when I can get a game at least.

Yeah, my own iteration on starship rules (including some stat fixes) and also I homebrew a lot of shit. Like I've added some weapons and ship mods and stuff.

Disregard Biggs

Anyway I got a TIE/FO expansion and I have the TFA core.
I have a few questions

1. Is there anyway to make Epsilon Ace viable to make use of his PS12 ability?

2. I know Omega Leader works well with Vessery; is there any other suggestions as far as that pair up goes? I'm thinking about making a Omega Leader/Vessery/Omega Ace list

3. Is there any viable way to run three FO's at the same time, epic or otherwise?

Thanks

Only house rule i use with my group is that all actions have to be declared immediatley after initiative and before anything else is rolled. This means before you see how anything turns out you have to commit to an action.

Since combat rounds are like 6 seconds it doesnt allow players with later initiative to have 15 minutes to think about a 6 second window. It tones down the metagame reaction time.

Initially it slowed down combat a bit as people had to adjust, but ultimatly it sped up combat since you dont fuck about, you choose and commit. Rolling this way is super fast since it gives me more time to ready the combat round.

Epsilon Ace really isn't that good- having a super high PS isn't that good, especially since it drops down to 4 after a little while, and he has no EPT. He has some gimmicks in lists involving Dormitz and Hyperwaves though.

Vessery+OL works by also having ships that are serious late game threats that leave target locks behind for the Colonel- this is OL, Vader, and things with FCS- Things with FCS that cost less than 40 are TIE/SF's, usually Quickdraw and Backdraft. Omega Ace doesn't pair well in there.

For your third question, Do you count TIE/SF's as TIE/FO's?

Either way, an Omega Squadron Pilot with Crack Shot and Weapons Guidance is a great mainstay. I run 5 as my go-to list, and you can run 3 and an ace. (TIE/SF/Phantom/Defender)

What expansions do you currently have?

Off topic, but I'm mad that Pulsed Ray Shielding isn't allowed on Empire- a Juke/Comm Relay/PRS Omega is 24 points and I could have had 3 of them and PRS Lockdown for a good fluffy list.

I'm pretty sure the restriction on PRS is entirely just to prevent shenanigans with Juke/Relay/Regen TIEs.

The only reason why it's not Scum only is that that would restrict the Rebel HWK for no good reason.

1. Targeting Synchronizer can be fun with her. Paint a target for ordnance, for example. Being an annoying PS12 dodger isn't awful for 17 points.

2. Omega Leader and Vessery will run in the 60 point range so you can splurge on a big hitter like Quickdraw or Whisper or take smaller stuff like Wampa and Pure Sabacc.

3. Omega Leader and Zeta Leader are good. There's an user that runs 5 generics with crack shot and weapons guidance to some success.

Uh I have quite a bit actually but I've only been playing six months. I'm actually quite lucky to have this much since usually I wouldn't be able to afford it (gift cards, straight up gifts + great sales are the causes)

Screencap from a previous thread is what I have plus the FO now

Hey /swg/, I'm crafting a starter adventure for a new EoTE party, but I'm a little stuck when it comes to picking a good starting world for them to base themselves off. I'm thinking of something inner system, likely with a strong imperial presence, where they're gonna be able to branch out from there.

Any tips or advice would really come in handy.

Which star wars species has the biggest dick?

Which star wars species has the thickest dick?

>six months
>all that

Me and my girlfriend have been playing a month
We have about as much as you, but also a Raider, Rebel Trans and CR90
The escalation has been fucking real, I dont know how to stop it

So any of the aces are an option for you. Go pick your favorite

I need to get a Raider, but I also want Thug Droids for it.

Team that gives attack modification besides gunnery team when?

Wait for the next Scum epic - bet you it's announced this year at least.

I have no Idea what expansions I've gotten, as I traded and split up expansions a lot, but I've ended up with

1 Raider
1 Gozanti
1 Decimator
1 Firespray
1 Upsilon
1 Lambda
6 TIE/FO
6 TIE Fighter
4 TIE Interceptor
3 TIE Defender
3 TIE Striker
2 TIE SF
2 TIE Advanced
2 TIE Advanced Prototype
2 TIE Bomber
2 TIE Phantom
1 TIE Punisher
3 T-70 X-wings
1 YT-1300
1 YT-2400
2 IG-2000
2 Kihraxz

I've been playing for just under a year.

I think I'm done now. I play much more Empire than anything else, and aside from 2 more Kihraxz and 2 TIE Aggressors when they come out, I'm not sure what else I would get. It takes a while to repaint them to my fleet's paint scheme anyways.

Also, question for everyone- Is letting new players start out with Superdash a good idea? I know it's easy but I also know that it might form some bad habits,

Why the hell does it matter when the setting has both robots and cybernetics?

OH SHIT SURPRISE H-6 PREVIEW

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/6/16/cry-havoc/

Just throwing an idea out there; would Armada benefit from a Ship Titles pack? How would that be marketed and priced, would it work, etc.

It'd be part of another campaign box, like the new ace squadrons.

>unlimited bomb works
I can't believe they've done this

So, highlights.

Bomblet Generator IS a double bomb upgrade, and it gives you unlimited bombs for 3 points. But, they're reveal bombs and only do a max of two damage (but can crit).

Scum gets their own Sabine - Cad Bane is 2 pts and adds the Bomb Slot - but his ability is when rolling dice for bomb damage the opponent must reroll focuses once per round.

Minefield Mapper does what we want. After place forces, discard as many bombs as you like to place tokens beyond R3 of enemy ships. It is a ZERO POINT system slot. A great pick for Punishers if you're worried about getting bombs off.

Nym costs 30 points. As Scum his ability is to ignore friendly bomb tokens, and if an enemy fires through a friendly bomb the targeted ship gets a free evade. Rebel Nym's ability lets him prevent a friendly bomb token from detonating once per round. LET THOSE BOMBLETS AND PROTON BOMBS WAIT.

The PS6 sol sixxa can use turns for bombs instead of straights. 28 pts. And the PS1 is 24 points.

Holy shit I was right about everything we hadn't seen in the upgrade fan.

What would be the RaW ruling on how Minefield Mapper and Extra Munitions interact though?
I'm thinking you could spend the EM token to get the effect, but you couldn't then discard the Bomb to get a second template on the board.

But yeah, this maybe, Bomblet Dispensor definitely, Unguided Missiles on top of that, there's a LOT of cards that work on the Punisher this wave.

Depends entirely on "when you equip this card" takes place. I think they should interact though. Keep in mind, that's 2 points for EM then your selection of bombs. Hence why MM is zero pts.

I don't play X-Wing, but this sounds way cooler than the Scurrg is in Armada.

I think Nym (either flavor) might actually make Genius worth taking as now you can either delay the detonation, or just straight up ignore the blast. So you could if you wanted do a K or T-Roll, drop a bomb afterwards and give like zero fucks.
Rebel Nym I think is going to have a very odd playstyle as you basically just keep a bomblet on the board waiting to go off.

I love it. EVERYBODY here get's a buff to their Bomb game, Rebels it could be argued didn't need one, but this does sort of bring imperials up to their levels.

Cad Bane + Minefield Mapper + Scavenger Crane gives a LOT of Scum Ships access to a bomb game they wouldn't normally have access to.

As for the Punisher, well, I'm not saying Deathrains back, because he was never her to begin with. But him with Mapper, EM and Bomblet Dropper is in no way the worst build in the world now.

He's definitely the coolest ship in this wave. My only problem is that it's yet further buffs to the Rebel Bomb Game that's already their only main strategy and this is now just doubling down on it.

I mean, between Unguided Rockets and Bomblet, Punishers are the premier unlimited munitions platform - they just need to leverage that.

Am I the only one that thinks that this ship will be OP? 24 points for a Lambda statline and an amazing upgrade bar?

It's dial isn't terrible either, and it has turrets, torps, and missiles alongside an EPT?

This wave has been a dissapointment.

Rebels get a mini YV-666 with Reinforce, allowing the Rebel Cancer squad to reach its final form.

Scum gets Deadeye Scout 2.0- System and 3battack base edition

Empire gets a Y-wing with less HP and a better dial, and no elite generics- scum does get an accuracy-corrector TLT with barrel roll for 33 though.

I know it's retarded, but I kinda want to run a bunch of generic punishers with MM and clusters for a silly bomb alpha

I mean, you get a single barrel rolling TLT ship with 10 HP and 1 AGI for 1/3rd your list. It's good but probably doesn't beat just 4 TLT. And it costs 3 points more than an Omicron, m8. Just for an added barrel roll and some ordnance slots. And and the ability to turn around.

Also, ship upgrade bars really should not affect their cost anymore, even with 0 point upgrades. Consistently ships which appear to charge extra for their upgrades are considered overcosted (Hi, TIE Punishers) and it's a heavy bomber - it cries to be filled with costly upgrades.

>Am I the only one that thinks that this ship will be OP? 24 points for a Lambda statline and an amazing upgrade bar?

At PS1. In a small ship, so you are going to be deathly afraid of tractor beams. And then you have to pay for those upgrades, making you much closer to 30. Nah, I think this ship will be fine overall. Both Nym's abilities are good, but they require you to spend points on bombs and a turret, and his abilites do nothing to buff his straight combat damage.

Everything in this pack is just making my TB Defender's mouth water.

Ladies and Gentlemen we have a dial.

Im still curious about those cruise missiles

Yeah they've learned their lesson from the other Scum ships. Biggest thing is no K-turn, just the T-rolls. One-banks aren't green. This ship is going to be pretty damn stiff. Looking forward to it though.

3x Cutlass Squadrons with Double Clusters + EM + MM = Potentially 12 Cluster Bomb Tokens on the board. Starting with 6.

My idea? Cad Bane on the Adrasta with Azzameen, Scavenger Crane, Bomblet Dispensor, Cluster Bombs, Cluster Bombs. Partnered up with Nym with Bomblets, Genius a TLC and Acc Corrector.

Let's shit this playing area up. Let's see you mindlink your way past that Fenn Rau.

>But the Imperial Aces are now all cracked and broken!

>Sorry mom, the Meta has spoken!

>HAHA YOU WANT RANGE 1? FIRST YOU MUST PASS MY TRIAL OF BOMBS

I think synced turret will be fun on a BTL-A4 Y-Wing.

Hey, anyone got a good star map for the galaxy? I'm looking to put up a detailed one on my roll20 campaign's map, but I can't find one that isn't clustered with nonsense.

Yeah, I think people are underestimating those. I remember when BTL warthogs were everywhere in wave 6. This gives them a good damage option in place of ion for one less point. Combine with agromech so you really don't care about getting the TL.

Yeah, the Agromech + BTL combo does take care of the major issue with them for Scum. Rebel Y's still are going to rely on TLT's tho

Come to think of it, Rebel Y + R2-D6 + Deadeye + Sync Turret works. Although only once, so... put it on Horton?

How is a Scurrg, an M3-A and the Most Wanted box to build scum lists from? Only playing casual here.

I actually ran this last night and had surprising success with it. Dutch Vander with Synced turret, BTL, and R7-T1 alongside a Jess Pava with M9-G8 and a Target Synchronizer and Norra with some random shit. It's a fun way to double tap shit at close range like a budget Corran and still get a whole bunch of mods across the squad.

Eh, I'd go for a Protectorate Starfighter over the M3-A. The best Scyk fighters are in the Epic Ship box.

Honestly, I don't know if anyone thinks Sync is bad, it's just that even for 2 pts more TLT is better because of it's range and scratch potential.

If those points become important though, Synced Turret would take off. Blows Blaster turret the fuck out of the water.

Looks like a brick - steers like a brick.

What the fuck?

X-Wing is dead this thing is killing it.

>Miranda - TLT, Sabine, a fuckload of bombs
>Nym - VI, Genius, Bomblets, Engine
>I don't know, Rex. Do whatever the fuck you want this squad is cancer.

This pack is just oops all cancer. Deadeye scouts are back on the menu they're just called Scurrgs now. JumpMasters get bombs. Punisher bomb fortresses are going to be a terrible list that people force me not play X-Wing against over and over.

HAHAHA, CRY SOME MORE. CRY FOR ME.

It's like people don't know how to run a proper control list anymore. TBs, Stress, and Ion will all shit on any Miranda or Nym which didn't take Biggs to protect them. Hell, 4BZ would trounce that squad, it's got no ability to joust.

Also we don't actually know if the PS3 has an EPT or not. Jumps only get bombs if they give up their crew slot, and they only get one.

So yeah, I don't get the doomsaying some people are going after.

Also, I still maintain that people are really, really underestimating Lt. Kestal, and all of these cards help the Punisher out a fair deal as well.

I can understand what they were thinking with it and I can see when it would be useful but I think in the current state of the game it's pretty bad. It's a good long-term weapon that rewards good flying with action efficient modification but right now everything is about big damage bursts and instant action stacking. Getting two or three free actions over three or four turns isn't great when compared to ships that can get two free actions a turn, every turn.

>Also we don't actually know if the PS3 has an EPT or not.

No, we do, you can see it in the spread.

>Also, I still maintain that people are really, really underestimating Lt. Kestal, and all of these cards help the Punisher out a fair deal as well.

Oh, they most certainly are. Over the Wave XI previews I've come to the conclusion that like 99% of Imperial players/fans are just drunk on the dark side (Thanks Palp) and have all skipped to the >SUFFERING step.

Now they just need to wait for the TIE Reaper pack which will have their version of Sabine to add a bomb slot. Then Decimators with Bomblet Generator will be a thing!

Assuming they're 26 points, deadeye and two concussion missiles runs their cost out (because they don't have two torp slots), which means they don't get turrets. Yeah that squad doesn't much scare me honestly.

They have one torp slot though.

Anybody want/got good battle maps?

Then they get one piece of munition, period. Because you don't get EM then. Which makes them pretty bad and the deadeye probably not worth taking.

No, I'm sure FFG paid attention to these guys and actually balanced them so they're not Jumpmaster 2.0.

>Because you don't get EM then.

Gonna have to run that by me again.

They can have EM and thus double up on missiles. You can equip deadeye or LRS. Deadeye+Conc+EM is 33 a pop if they are 26 points.

You are right that they can't do that with TLT though, assuming they are actually 26 pts brings them to 32 with TLT.

So the PS3 with Deadeye, Guidance Chips, and a Conc missile, is 31. That means you have 2 points to either give them EM or an Autoblaster Turret. Swap one to a homing missile.

Or use Long Range Scanners or something.

Or use Mindlink

Or swap one to Fenn Rau.

This thing really looks like Deadeye Scouts 2.0.

Sure, but then you don't get to take cheap plasmas, and are stuck taking the more expensive concussion, unless they only want one of them. That would free up points for a turret then.

One of the major problems with torp scouts wasn't even the torpedoes themselves, but having three PWTs with super mods shooting at you every round. These won't have any turret whatsoever, and are going to have a comparatively hard time turning around. Three dead eye missiles that have no mods beyond GC and the black to hit conversion is not going to shatter the meta.