Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/, Pathfinder, and Starfinder)

Where do you stand on the great Strfag vs. Dexfag debate? Assume Muleback Cords/Corset of Resistance, errataed Deadly Agility, and Polearm Dancer nodachi.
You're not one of those qualityfags who dumps mentals, are you?

PoW errata: dreamscarred.com/path-war-errata/

Link repository; point out problems if found: ghostbin.com/paste/tx5h8
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71590/puella-librum-daemonium
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80257/wrath-of-the-righteous
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80328/volo-fluffy-tails-9
d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/bladed-brush-combat/
store.steampowered.com/app/612400/The_Last_Night/
d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/archetypes/paizo-alchemist-archetypes/inspired-chemist/
d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/inspired-alchemy/
imgur.com/a/FgYCa
youtube.com/watch?v=cDMYiWIqzek
twitter.com/AnonBabble

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice (Closing in 3 Days)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home (Closing in 3 Weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west (Closing in 1 Week)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court (Closing in 2 Weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71590/puella-librum-daemonium (Closing when Nut Milk Delivered)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia (Closing in 2 Weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80257/wrath-of-the-righteous (Closing in 3 Weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80328/volo-fluffy-tails-9 (Closing in 4 Weeks)

Reminder that DHB brought these concepts and was told to fuck off because they didn't tickle the GM's dick.

>Mad Dog True Primitive Barbarian || Hussar Beast Rider Cavalier VMC Witch
>PrC into Mammoth Rider
>Tribal champion and representative of his people being sent to east to Mendev for the crusades from the Realm of the Mammoth Lords. His tribe lives on the eastern side of the Realm of the Mammoth Lord and he grew up with his culture centered around fighting and killing demons. He defeated two powerful demons to prove himself worthy to the shaman before being sent.

>Techslinger Maverick Gunslinger || Primalist Wizard VMC Bard
>PrC into Technomancer
>Ranking member of the Technic league and hero of a station place on the northern border with The World Wound. Ended up defending the station for four days straight by himself before detonating the entire place and returning the Technic league. The Technic league did not agree with his decision and sent him as a representative to the crusades.

>Royal Accuser Urban Infiltrator Inquisitor || Hidden Blade Rogue VMC Bard
>PrC into Sleepless Detective
>Direct servant of the royalty of Ustalav, tasked with keeping the safety of the northern border with the World Wound. Elected among his fellows as the representative to the crusades when they are called after the death of his wife and embarrassment at court made it dangerous for him to stay in Ustalav.

Where were you when flavor/connection to events didn't matter and all that mattered was baiting the GM's fetishes.

Mental stats are for fucking plebeians
I'm gonna play my super athletic, thicc and healthy wife with quality build memes, and she's gonna be dumb as a brick, lack common sense, and be absolutely unpersuasive.
And then someone better mindbreak and bully her like she secretly wants

Did we get conclusive proof on whether or not LADYKNIGHTS LADYKNIGHTS LADYKNIGHTS was a Tuv imposter?

>Where do you stand on the great Strfag vs. Dexfag debate?
I like both. Right now playing a dexfag steelfist commando, but the apparent nerfs to warlord bum me out.

He complained right after the backlash on discord that he might have fucked up.

Did someone call for a LE Enchantment focused Charisma spellcaster?

But of course!

I feel like the coldness in space is really underutilized as as association with death.

In PF, cold is just another element. In space and science fiction, cold is stillness, the end of all life, inevitability. In a fantasy sci-fi adventure containing struggles of literal forces representing pure life and pure death, cold is death's buddy and heat is life's.

How do you fluff a Masterwork Tool for Perform (Dance)?

Some bitching dance shoes.

What skills should have a fluvial and coastline pirate or closed sea?

There is a discord?

What's the best way to kick ass with a spear?

Dancing bells with a beautiful ring
Gold-embroidered, eye-catching sash

What kind of dancing is it?

What kind of dancing? Or in general?

It could be clothing or a prop or shoes or a hat or idk

It was not. Tuvarkz is a fucking dumbass

Can't Solarians literally TAP INTO THE VOID? Don't be all gung-ho about Space being underutilized when it could very easily be the Negative Energy of the setting.

What materials are available?

One of those streamers that cheerleaders or Olympic dancers have!

I believe so-I remember star energy and void energy being mentioned as the basis of the class' power.

No 3PP.

Asian setting so Eastern stuff is fine.

Nothing overly munchkin. GM is very leery of much beyond one or two level dips.

We will apparently eventually go mythic.

>mfw Zero Point Energy reactors drawing power from the vacuum of space might be a thing
>mfw those ping-pong ball disintegration orbs the Combine love so much might also be a thing

Oh yeah, I'm going to make those fuckers embrace eternity all right.

>No 3PP.

Okay, here's how you do it:
d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/bladed-brush-combat/
Instructions for use listed in Prerequisites. Just add water.

I was actually throwing around one more idea for The Hold of Belkzen. It was a little harder than the others due to the fact that though some mention it no organization is specially centered there. I found one I think works though.

>Gladiator Myrmidon Fighter || Belkzen War Drummer Skald VMC Ranger
>PrC into Pit Fighter
>A half-orc bastard born on the north eastern border of The Hold of Belkzen. Grew up in the fighting pits as a gladiator going up against demons captured by orcish Raiders along the World Wound border. Holds a record for survival against demonic foes. When the crusades were called his owner sent him along with several others as a token gift to the crusades.

While there are no specific ones Pit Fighter is a distinctly orcish PrC and the archetype focuses on on orcish culture in the region.

>It was a little harder than the others due to the fact that though some mention it no organization is specially centered there

What if... I don't know... The Orc started eating Demons and began to mutate? Like, an Aberrant Aegis or something?

It's not space, space practically cannot be underutilized, come the fuck on. It's about COLD not meaning ETERNAL STILLNESS AND DEATH like it should. A dark undead world like we were talking about last thread will likely fail to convey or overlook entirely how utterly, purely cold it is. Nobody cares about the cold, man.

>tfw no one ever memes, let alone talks about, your characters

Is this a good or a bad thing?

What's your character? I'll meme the heck outta you!

What is this a beautiful webm of?

memes are better seen and not been.

The Last Night, an upcoming like cyberpunk game? It looks beautiful.

yes, but only bfs are allowed inside

Game called The Last Night, it was revealed at this year's E3.

store.steampowered.com/app/612400/The_Last_Night/

>tfw DHB makes 4 great character concepts
>tfw you can't even come up with 1

Add in a Medivian crusader and you have all the countries and a great party. The characters even fit together for a balanced party.

Thanks. It really does.

Makes you feel like a real dumbie, don't it.

RIP I guess?

Howdy /pfg/, I'm looking at the mini Alchemist archetype "Inspired Chemist".

d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/archetypes/paizo-alchemist-archetypes/inspired-chemist/

It only replaces Mutagen with Inspiring Cognatogen, but grants you the option to take TWO Investigator Talents in exchange for ONE Discovery. The catch is, you may only use the talents when under the effects of the Inspiring Cognatogen. In addition to the Investigator Talent list, there is also a host of available Rogue Talents. On the surface, this appears to open up quite a lot of options, but would the cost be worth it? Has anyone played with Inspired Chemist before?

For more context, I was considering replacing Bombs with the Gun Chemist archetype (The Players Guide to Skybourne), and taking Polymath to get some gun-fu going. The intended result would be a coked-up gun-toting Alchemist with Int-based Grit, Maneuvers, Inspiration, and a host of additional abilities while using the Inspiring Cognatogen.

>tfw make "boss" monster
>It's high CR, high AC
>give it a 50% miss chance that goes away as soon as someone hits it the first time
>mfw it nullifies like 5 attacks as it's just sitting there smacking them
The dice are fickle bastards

Persistent Mutagen still applies to Inspiring Cognatogen, right? If you plan properly and time things correctly then you can have your cognatogen last through a long while, but you'd better not get into melee, as the penalty to STR/CON will hurt like hell. You'll be a terror in social situations, so long as you take the CHA-to-INT traits and feats.

Persistent Mutagen is also level 14, which is a bit higher level than most people reach.

Inspired Chemist can be alright if you build well and have a way to mitigate the ability score damage. One trick I found is that since the Alchemist's inspiration pool is actually tied to the MUTAGEN, you technically have an infinite amount of Inspiration per day (limited by the time it takes to brew a mutagen and the ability score damage). Time, however, can be fixed with the Infused Mutagen discovery, and the ability score can be completely negated by taking the following feat:
d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/inspired-alchemy/

So when you run out of inspiration from one mutagen, you just chug a new one (which refills your pool), chug two Lesser Restorations (to remove the Str/Dex damage), dump 4 points of Inspiration from your newly refilled pool to recover your Lesser Restorations, and then continue on with your day.

Your next GM has to be Rory, Vult, Tuvarkz, or 2hu.

Which do you choose?

Vult, so at least I can burn out my stress and then quit in two sessions again

hard, but I select Rory, he's the most likely to bamboozle me and free me from the torture.

I choose to GM instead.

2hu. He would most likely understand encounter balance more.

Anyone have suggestions of what a party of lvl 9 mooks might run up aginst in a prison city built inside a titan's skull beneath a transformation wizard city/school? I did half-skeletal centipedes, and flying vicious attack jellyfish in their first big fight.

About a month ago I asked what you guys thought about a River Drake vs 4 level 1 PCs. Tomorrow will be the show down and probably level the PCs up to 2. They will have at least one day of preparation for the fight and can even set up an ambush if they play their cards right. They just liberated a river crossing occupied by kobolds after a close battle only to learn that a River Drake will come the next day.
>Dwarf Fighter shield and axe combo AC 20 also has a reach weapon
>Halfling Oracle clutch obscuring mists saved the party
>Grippli Slayer reach weapon and combat reflexes and one shots most creatures
>Gnome Alchemist bombs bombs bombs

Most of the party now has at least one masterwork weapon to work with. I have tried to give the party some tools to deal with the Drake's flight. Tanglefoot bags. The Grippli has 3 nets since they have racial proficiency.

They also have some magic weapon and enlarge person potions as well.

Any opinions if they party could stand a better chance now that they have prep time and better equipment for the encounter? Or any other useful tools they can employ? My only concern is the power attack of the Drake. The stat block does not have it factored into the attack or damage roll. It makes me want to use it as a phase 2 tactic the drake employs once severely weakened.

>a month at level 1
die

A thunderstone for the alchemist? Low dc, but it might help if used first... might screw the parry over too.

2hu doesn't understand encounter balance, he'll TPK you first fight.

It's not that he doesn't understand encounter balance, it's that he will assume you will always act at 100% optimisation efficiency without any tactical error.

Our games last 3 hours and we only meet once every other week. This will be the third session.

No stat block factors in things like Power Attack and Combat Expertise because the stat block tells you the most basic capabilities of what a creature can do.

The drake has no reason not to Power Attack by default on a bunch of low level scrubs that are encroaching on its turf.

Encounter balance is relative to the group, duh.

did we ever get that Tiefling gangbang.

Never ever
Feels bad man

2hu as the GM.

Vult, Tuvarkz, and Rory as players. Vult for lewds, Tuvarkz to ignore, and Rory to leak the logs

imgur.com/a/FgYCa

Thunderstone is a good idea. Getting the initiative over the Drake could turn the encounter quickly. Thanks.
Well at least it will be taking a big penalty to attack if it gets entangled and power attacks at the same time.

It could entangle and corrode the party with its caustic mucus to even the playing field and then some

Has anyone here ever made a Trox PC? I'd like some ideas of what others have done before I make one.

Fuck me, that looks like something Serious Sam would fight.

I don't think anyone has ever been allowed to actually play a Trox.

Oh, hey, it's you guys. How're things going?

Why does the Princess look dead inside in that first pic?

It isn't the princess. It's Aurelia.

She's being psychically dominated by Rintaelle.

So /pgg/, would these four make a decent party? Which would you most want in you party?

WWW happened tonight! We had a short haitus but we're back baby!

When we last left our heroes, having rescued the Minos explosives expert Claris from a mine full of horrifying creatures and a giant scorpion, they set about setting up the town's defenses!

>Fortify the town
>Pallisades to funnel them in, pits everywhere, explosives IN THE PITS, cover set up in the center of town
>early next morning, Marcie wakes them, says one of Abraham's men is out there calling for them
>they agree to set up a signal if its a trap. The signal will be an explosion
>They follow the man up to Abraham, who tries to make them an offer to just walk away, a significant chunk of gold
>Like dayum son
>They refuse and tell him to go fuck himself, (not in such words, but), Abraham shrugs, puts the gold as a Bounty on their head
>They want their stolen precious items back.
>One one the guys he has, an orc shaman, seems particularly eager to kill Magwau, citing the need for a 'blood hunt', and telling him his spirit is weak
>The party returns to town, and sets up
>The first assault begins with a rumbling of hooves! 20 men on horseback charge in! One is sniped off by a far-off gunshot, the rest pile in, hitting the disguised holes, horses falling in.
>Kaboom
>SKY FUCKING HIGH
>10 guys stumble out of the mess, a bit worse for the wear, and the shooting starts
>A few rounds later they're taken out, the madman dwarf suggests they're just cannon fodder
>The ground starts rumbling
>Like a lot
>BOOM, it explodes and the Orc Shaman emerges from the earth, a gigantic wolf made of stone and dirt next to him

Cont.

>you will NEVER hug the doll

kill me

That's really why I want to play one. It stands out immediately, it doesn't seem to be based on something else like a Kobold or Gnoll, and the multiple limbs just give off so many opportunities.

I really want to give it a try then and submit one to one of the games, but I'm actually drawing a blank on them. I can usually figure out a character quickly since I GM, but I can't for this one.

>ROUND TWO
>He charges forward, summons some smaller stone wolves, and sends rows of Stalagmites shooting up at enemies!
>Rich and Dagmar carve up the gigantic stone wolf, while between Magwau, Jenny, and Kachina, the Orc is taken down after a few rounds in a hail of gunfire
>Mary is throwing out glitterdusts and being smug, one of the tinywolves bites her for her smugness, but she just blows it away with a snowball
>this doll is so smug guys
>The party takes him down, and then regroups, healing up all the little wounds from the fight so far
>Suddenly a figure runs into town, leaping over the Palisade
>Its Vikk, their little ratfolk sniper they recruited
>He's shouting
>What's he shouting?
>GET DOWN HIT THE DECK TAKE COVER
>MINIGUN
>BRRRRT

and the session ended

Good times, been looking forward to running this setpiece for our entire little break.

Here's this week's TOTALLY LEGIT poster.

Exciting stuff! Thanks for sharing it with us.

True if the party decided to clump together. The players will get a save each turn to escape though. The drake needs to waste a turn or attack to break free.

Most of the party has taken traits to get a
bonus to saving throws against dragons since that is the campaign theme.

The Doll is cute, small and has large soft breasts, she'd be the perfect hugging machine.

different user than the dude asking for a spellbook app, thanks to whoever suggested using spreadsheets for keeping up with prepared spells, this is nuts! i was struggling with the same thing and i hadn't even considered it before!

plus it's helping me learn about spreadsheet autoformatting which might actually be useful in the future

>realization that as much as I like my character for JttW, I've got terrible writer's block keeping me from revising them, and I likely can't actually make room for the game anyway
>Instead of withdrawing, my treacherous mind comes up with a new, different character to apply with

I don't like this feel

Question still stands, is it because she loved it?

The blondie NPC girl is pretty cute too.

Most likely.

The Doll is cute! WWW sounds like a fun game.

Everyone seems to be having fun! I can't claim its as high powered as other games, but my gun rules are working out.

Hey man, great to hear you've had success with the spreadsheets! Tracking all that stuff can be a real bitch sometimes.

user, you need to just pump out the new character and copy+paste them into a Word document for later. Just do the work and file it away. Don't let the concept eat away at you, and if you're really that conflicted about revision than... Wait, which character is yours? We can be the judge of quality for you.

Nice

Is draw-friend making more? Will they update with canon art for all the climatic logs as the campaign progresses?

Actually, do we know who the draw-friend is? Are they an applicant?

The draw-friend is really cute! Tell them how much you appreciate them here in the thread!

>tfw no drawfriends for the other campaigns

>WWWgm is Broodie
>Drawfriend just finished up the pic of Aurelia being Tief'd

Oh I am laffin.

Yamete ;_;

The first one has an acceptable (to me) framework, but needs the details worked on to make it flow better as the second half just falls apart. Things are just kind of a scattered mess in general, even build-wise. The other is... Just a general build and attitude. I have docs for both, I'm just feeling a bit of burnout on having so many things I want to try.

I just really wanted to play a body Avowed man.

You're cute draw-friend, and so is your work! Keep it up!

youtube.com/watch?v=cDMYiWIqzek

So I'm kinda high on some Hot Blooded Non-sense right now. What would be a good way to make a Lawful Good Deity of Destruction for Starfinder? Particularly to involve space paladins dueling evil doers in fighter space craft.

Drawfriend here. I am Wild Surge on discord. I'd love to make more. Ensoulment is my priority at the moment. Illaria is my app and I did her picture myself. I'm going to play my first VN now.

/y/ou have a good time

Wouldn't it be just this?

Use the Authorization stuff as controlling the limits of Destruction, but being able to go all out if the situation demands it.

Please work on your writing, your app is really bland right now.

You're doing a great job with the art.

So whatcha plaaaaaying.