"Pants-Shitting Horror, or Bust!" Bumper Stickers

What's a cool system to run a horror-themed family road trip in?

Preferably something with a sanity mechanic, or something to represent the family bonds between the characters. I was thinking Unknown Armies but that's unlikely to contain a family unit as a party.

>Pic related, I just want the group to run into weird shit like this (or Mist creatures) and have the parents frantically making checks to reassure the children as they cower in terror in the backseat

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/1192053011/tales-from-the-loop-roleplaying-in-the-80s-that-ne
youtube.com/watch?v=mw_HKzo9Ync
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Am I the only one who sees this when looking at the giant thing?

The artist is swedish I'm pretty sure so it's probably intentional.

OP here. Same. I think it's deliberate.

Mm, "Chill" maybe. It's a horror RPG set in the modern day and I think you could run unrelated encounters like on a road trip. But have you heard of Jenga as a horror game mate?

IMO that sounds more like a board game than a ttrpg

Call of Cthulhu is the only horror RPG you need

What are you talking about. Have you never played a horror game before?

im just going to post creepy shit

nice dubs user

Didn't they do a Kickstarter for a system based this guy's art?

What does that livecam thing /pol/ keeps taking down have to do with this pic?

Seconded

>im just going to post sexy shit
Fix'd

source?

I gotchu kickstarter.com/projects/1192053011/tales-from-the-loop-roleplaying-in-the-80s-that-ne

OP here, thanks for the jenga horror suggestion. I'll use that.

>Little boy goes to take a piss on the side of the road
>"Don't stray too far, honey"
>"Okay, mom!"
>Pic related creeps up on him while he's pissing
>Can't stop pissing because Daddy will be mad if he has to go again
>Has to wait while the inhuman things approach, then sprint away as fast as possible
>"All set now honey?"
>"Y-y-yes Mom"

He's making fun of Shia ya twit

>EATING ALL THE BODIES
>ACTUAL CANNIBAL SHIA LABEOUF

Damn, I wanna play that

Even though it's designed for soldiers or federal agents and you're just playing as random civvies, check out Delta Green. Best sanity system integrated with a nice mechanic for social bonds, good for the sort of horror you're after

Have you considered the party being friends rather than family? Seems like better potential for interesting characters / interaction, playing as a child is really lame if there are adult PCs too

Careful, you'll activate the MUH BAD DESIGN and MUH KICKSTARTERS R BAD autists.

They lurk 24-7 waiting for Loop or Engine Hearts to come up.

Children can have special powers. Like, maybe children are more able to detect tulpas because they are more willing to believe in things that are really outside the realm of regular experiences. Or maybe they just have more sanity because believing in monsters when you are 7 isn't really all that crazy or maladaptive.

Is the RPG out yet?

Just why?

Nope, now I see it too.

Because fuck you with spiders, that's why.
Also a side questionAnyone got some good stories with this kind of theme? The only one I read or can think of is Old Man Henderson.

Tron fishies are not scary, they are tron

Yeah, OP's artist is shit
Or at least not scary

Slight derail but don't think it warrant's its own thread. What are some tips as a DM for creating horror in a game, and making a setting or an episode so to speak actually scary. I'm running a One Piece campaign (text based) and want to have a more horror centric island and am unsure what specifically to do for it or how to go about it.

Any tips for doing horror on roll20? Im forever dm with a group on there. Consider myself pretty competent GM, but every time I have tried horror it has fallen flat. To many distractions and its hard to get players immersed enough.

>making fun of Shia
That was not a joke song, it is a deadly serious warning.
DEADLY!
serious!

Huge stuff can still be scary or cool, but it's fallen off for me since I learned that really, things can only get *so* big relative to planet size before your support structures and muscle structures into into a feedback loop of not being able to support one another.

Wow. I just took a hit and god damn is that sentence a mess.

As a person who plays mostly CoC and considers it the best RP this is not true. CoC does a lot of things really well but if want a different kind of horror different systems might be better for very specific things.

Dead of Night from camp horror for example.

First thing I thought of too.
Guy drawing these is north Sweden, they're practically half finns.

Obligatory "why not gurps?"

Backer copies were delivered, not sure if it's in stores or not.
You should be able to find the rulebook PDF in the share thread.

I mean, I guess, but it's not clever, there's like no parallels.

>Guy drawing these is north Sweden
Nope. He's from Ekerö Municipality right west of Stockholm, same as me.

Well, I don't have a creepy pic, but I do have this vid:

youtube.com/watch?v=mw_HKzo9Ync

Expose them to a source of horror slowly, and associate it with a cue.

E.g. ran a Delta Green game in which one of the threats were psychic human-dolphin hybrids, based on the New Age weirdo idea that dolphins were telepathic. They turned out to be blubbery, barely-sapient creatures with killer echolocation and a hallucinogenic aura. I played some New Agey music with whalesong as background music, using it more frequently until they encountered them. During an encounter, I switched to very quiet recording of actual dolphin clicks and whistles.

It's the dumbest concept, but all I need to do is use those sounds again and they start sweating.

Did something similar in Eclipse Phase. Was a hideous meat based hegemonizing swarm style thing that started with a dude covered in speakers playing grinding industrial/dubstep style music so it was muffled inside the now huge mass, so they heard it softly whenever they got closer to the giant flesh blob oozing and rolling around.
Then they met it and it became the sound to run from because it was now hunting them.