Bolt action

Anyone here play bolt action and if so what army do you play
pic related

My friend and I are getting into it. Not many people play it, despite the fun and easy rule set. I bought a box of the British Paratroopers. I'll start an SS and heer allied force, when the SS come out in plastic.

I have a panzergrenadiers force and I'm starting on Americans. Not sure if I want to do an Armored Company list or Rangers though.

Have a standard brit and german list. not many but im poor and also play saga. would love to have a french or polish list though just for their quirks.
round where i live its arguably one of the most played games behind retarded dba and 40k

Ah Chindits- I brought a box of them, have to paint them up. At the moment I have a really nice Soviet force and I'm expanding into Chindits and late war Germans.

Bolt action is quite popular at my club not as popular as Kings Of War though but it's the 3rd most popular.

DBA is actually my clubs most popular game, not for me though.

Just getting to work on my Marines right now, I'm new to the game and I'm working on having a little 250 point force to field at an event next week. I've never done anything military/realistic, so it took me a while to get used to how same-y and kinda boring the paint is, but now I'm into the rhythm.

Also excited to get these two LVTs into action for some beach landings.

>> 53830767
I've not seen an armored company before alot of the people i know think tank combat is overrated and too expensive

I play Germans and have plans for Britbong Airborne and Soviet side projects.

Also been working on a Weird War II project to run on Halloween.

what do people see in dba anyway?
Also KoW? really? unofficial 9th age
tend to be the go here

Does anyone here have any experience with Antares?

There are only two people that still play oldhammer/ 9th and they are converting over, plenty of people with old warhammer army's though. KOW just doesn't have any drawbacks and is supported with a new campaign coming out soon called edge of the abyss.

I don't know why so many people love DBA I played three games got thrashed in two thrashed someone in the last one but just wasn't my thing, it's massively popular with the older crows and grognards though.

We have a lot of military and police people in our club so Bolt Action is always easily played along with Flames Of War.

All in all in popularity it's

DBA (easily the most popular)
Kings Of War
Bolt Action
Flames Of War
Guild Ball
Blutcher

-Other things

OP here so far i got a chindit army to fight my friends japs i got a heer for my friends soviets and brit paratroopers i also have an 8th for afika Korps

I got quite into it, havn't played it since a bad tournament.

What's DBA?

Hordes of the things historical.

What is DBA?

BA is sweet.

I have US Marines and Fallschimjager

>I don't know why so many people love DBA

Me either.
If it's played by oldsters, then it must be 'cause it was THE ruleset in their youth.
Otherwise ...

>If it's played by oldsters, then it must be 'cause it was THE ruleset in their youth.

Man, why do people over 40 even play these games?

>Man, why do people even play these games?

Pic tells the tale.

Dadi & Piombo - Basic Impetus- Ancients
.Probably don't want to learn anything new- silly game imo but hey other people love it so....do what you want, enjoy your games.

>Dadi & Piombo
= Dice & Lead: now THERE's a real wargame group/company name!
OTOH: don't feed false flags to people.

>Probably don't want to learn anything new- silly game imo
True.
Sure it's quick-playing, but it pays for it by it's over-simplicity.
DBM took a step in the right direction, but then kept the DBA combat resolution & fucked it all up.

Waffen ss (nordland division) and Finnish army

me too

Late war (Allied) Bulgarians, and I am building late war Italian front Fallschirmjäger. The Bulgarian army rule has made our local Finn players quite unhappy