Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Secret thread about the actual wargame Edition.

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Roster Builder for you retards
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator

I like Raven Guard.

They are pretty awesome.
Little sad 8th came acound.
Guy just offered 50 scouts and 2 ls storms for next to nothing.
Would have worked perfect.

Did anyone already mathhammered the most effective Leman Russ variants?

I'd say Pask Punisher with 3 HBs is a ridiculous amount of dakka hitting on 2+.

HQ LR with Exterminator seems good for the 3+ BS.

And the usual Leman Russ hitting on 4s should go vanilla with a Heavy Flamer. Thoughts on this?

I just compared the Chimera to the Taurox/Prime.

What the fuck, why should you ever take a Chimera over a Taurox now?

Did the other thread get nuked?

PLASTIC SISTERS WHEN

Well, higher transport capacity if you want to have a squad of vets followed around by an officer or something.

Gee Exarch, how come Asurmen lets you have two catapults?

Absolutely, smells like justice

Retconned like Ollanious Pious

Life-Eater Virus
It was the only way to be sure

I was JUST reading through it and all the images 404'd out. Refreshed the page. 404'd. It was 202 posts in when I opened it in a tab. Less than 2 minutes between opening it and refreshing it.

The hell even happened?

What happened to get it nuked?

Because it looks a million times better than the mystery machine on caterpillar treads.

Probably the OP image

Top kek they nuked the last thread.

Anyway, I was in the midst of responding to a guy who asked if anyone even bothered with narrative play.

Speaking as someone who does both tournament and narrative play, narrative is fucking great, it's just not something you do for pick-up games ever. If you want the full experience, you have to have someone basically take charge of organizing a whole campaign, get a sign-up sheet, draw up maps and shit, take army list applications - it's kind of like working with a DM in an RPG. If you get a good one, it's the best 40k experience ever, it's literally what the game was intended for all along and it shines at it. It's a lot of work though.

Punisher>Demolisher(though double the points)>Battle Cannon>crap. Battle Cannon makes an okay choice due to the range. Executioner is good if you've got re-rolls from Harker/Commander.

Mfw saw old thread on catalog, clicked it and it was 404d

NO SKINS

That does sound fun though.

Do Tau crisis suit lists still look viable?

I still plan on doing my Principality of Zion army.

it was shit, you didn't miss anything
Shitty OP image with some attention whoring idiot, and 80% of the posts were "dis gurl a trap" and "u ffaggot homo u never seen girls"
rinse and repeat until deleted

When I made this thread the other one was literally 100% >tfw no trap gf shitposts.

I'd assume pretty soon. Signs have been there for a good while.

Yes. They work.

I built one of these guys with two guns like a fucking idiot as a kid, but turns out it was valid all along
Good going, kid me

Enough posting about old threads.

So how about Death Guard terminators, when will we get them?

What do people recommend? 3 units of 3 in a vanguard detachment?

Is there anything other than virulent blessing in chaos that gives +1 to wound rolls?

The 2x gun alwas seemed stupid to me, surely in the thousads of years of the aspect must have made a twinkinked catapult that fitt in a single casing.

Probably next month or after release this month, since they have the models ready and everything
Before the campaign, at least

Why do you think they are coming?

Soon i hope.
My DG army was strupped bare by the index.
Itlslike.. typhus, 21 marines and 40 zombies.

They were shown in the Death Guard teaser video a while back

We've straight up seen them direct from GW.

It totally is. I feel like over the years people have forgotten that's what 40k is supposed to be in all the WAAC tournament culture that sprung up to replace it, but I don't disparage those guys that like competitive play either, I honestly enjoy both (although 7th edition was fucking cancer).

I'm probably going to homebrew up a local campaign following along the narrative of the new GW global campaign thing happening, since my area only has a 3rd party LGS, not a GW store. If I actually get around to doing it, I'll post up the PDF with all the stuff necessary if someone else wanted to take it and run their own.

Two catapult exarch is the Rambo of the Eldar.

GW reveal.

Grey Knights psychic power Hammerhand gives +1 to wound in close combat.

With the new To Wound table having +1 or -1 to wound is actually different to having one more or less point of strength. And it's quite powerfull.

>a twinkinked catapult that fitt in a single casing.

No that would probably attract Slaanesh in some way.

Death Guard fluff has mention that they make extensive use of terminators, yet in the index they can't take any.

T Sons can't take generic terminators either but they have their own Scarab Occult in return

At this point I just want 8th released so we can starting moving towards actual codex releases.

>last thread was SO SHIT it got deleted
HAHAHAHAHAHAHSS
IS THIS A NEW LOW FOR /40kg/?!

Can anyone recommend which paints to use for "the tainted" warbands scheme? I don't want to just do death guard it sounds cool to paint their split offs.

It comes out tomorrow, have a little patience.

I'd probably start there yeah.

Been playing it for two weeks now with the leaks.

Looks like a conversion, I've seen a lot of truescale marines and that head is clearly from the Centurions kit. Same Mohawk and service stud.

Just got notice my stuff arrived today.
So busy weekend ahead.
And then its back to waiting for FWs Xeno book.

Shit even the original GSCG thread wasn't deleted the mod just nuked all the posts.

Even the fucking mega autism tantrum from that slaanesh furry discord cuck getting doxxed yesterday wasn't deleted.

Not the first time, won't be the last.

Im sure there a "40k funies" thread for repeating your garbage in.

That one at least had a full third relevant posts.
Todays was literally all shit and/or metashit

The Xeno book goes up for pre-order today it seems. So not too much more waiting.

I hope that everyone in the previous thread got banned

Are we spiralling into worse and worse shitposting lately? What is even causing it?

Sure there is.
Then comes waiting for release date, and then wait for delivery, THEN I'll be able to tart real work.

Are you retarded, user

Typhus is getting a new model, it will be more holey and fleshy than his current one.

Inquisition showed up and mind wiped everyone who saw it. It's for the best user.
I'm taking bets on first codex to be released. My guess is blood angels. Their sculpts are ancient and don't fit on the table anymore and the recent lore has almost the entire chapter conveniently dead when first among equals Robbie G shows up with primaris tech. It makes too much sense.

I blame /pol/

>inb4 the /pol/fag gets triggered and calls me a libcuck for wanting to keep non40k related shitposting out of the 40k threads

not much to talk about: untill 8th actualkl drops, and the ,meta begins to form, all there is is shitposting

Twin h.flamers is pretty much the only reason.

Tell me someone saved those threads. I wasn't here for them.

You notice that the majority of the time that the thread is derailed by anything related to /pol/, it's because of people that are whining about /pol/?

He's memeing, making fun of the faggots who thought the early Primaris leaks were fake. I think it's a pasta.

pff, check out THIS libcuck
Autism. Autisam as far as the eye cpuld see

Hopefully, but you got a source?

He's referencing what everyone was saying about the primaris liutenant leak.

Hell, I even saw a local GW employee leaning intently over a phone listing parts it was clearly converted from to an uncomfortable customer who clearly just wanted his phone back.

Traps, bait, trolls and virgins.

>trolls and virgins
a 40k version of dungons and dragons?

>Everyone I don't like is /pol/

Just as bad as /pol/ you cunt

The mods lately have been killing threads outright, rather than trying to prune the idiocy.

oh yeah I'd already forgotten about that

And then do it all over again when the codices release.

I goddamn hope so, the second one I mentioned was so funny I had actual tears.

Cheetah user RAN OUT OF CHEETAHS and was begging for mercy because he was in fatal kek hysterics. It was contagious.

What are good anti-armor options for Necrons now ?

I played a game against my buddie's grey knights, the fucker fields two land raiders and I couldn't destroy even one with what I had. T8 2+ is such a bitch to get through.

So, any good options ?

>like clockwork

Heavy destroyers and stalker with Twin heavy cannons: shoot the stalker first and re-roll ones for the H. Destroyers

Just roll 6s with your warriors.

Gauss OP

Read the army rules before posting

Maybe I was just pee pee posting?

Heavy gauss cannons. Heavy Destroyers sporting them are a good choice. If you can wiggle in +1 to hit and destroyer lord one HGC will put 2,2 wounds to land raider. Without them it will cause 1,3 wounds.

Land raiders are tough nuts to crack so they will soak up lots of fire before going under. Pretty much no way around it as Necrons.

I like turtles

Note this thread is nearing a 50% meta ratio and as such risk pruning.

Then epik KYS my famalam XD

I'm already pissing off so many people by running 8th edition as RAW rather than with 7th edition rules. All my tanks fire all their weapons from their mighty treads and gain cover bonuses as a result it's glorious.

You can even layer tanks so they each give one another cover and fire from their treads.

Also hilariously I can shoot the devastator squad infront of me with say my autocannon and shoot the heavy bolters directly behind me at my opponents deep striking unit .

I haven't even started abusing conga line troops yet...

But keep telling yourself this edition is great.

Jokes on you, revealing I was pee pee posting was bait too.

Just as planned.

I like the stalker but aren't H-destroyers too expensive ? 75pts a piece for a single shot feels not worth it.

You are not being funny

Nothing is "good" at it per se. It's their main weakness as a faction.

Don't you need to be wholy within the terrain piece AND 50% obscured to get the cover bonus?

More warriors, 432 will bring down a LR from long range.

Yes, he's retarded.

That and being slow as fuck

Can anyone help me find some art.

I remember seeing some (fan) art of a tyranid done up as a saint posted on Veeky Forums in the past. I can't for the life of me find it and I wanted to use it for my genestealer cult army's banner.

anyone have it and can post it please?

Its 75 points for a T5 3 wound 3+,move and shoot lascannon, with AP-4 and a M of 14, which can get back up if you kill them. Anything else would be silly

aaaaaaand i just noticed that they already re-roll ones to hit. They are pretty bananas

Things are calculated from the weapon being used RAW bruh. Read your rule book again.

Which the predator is.

Even if it isn't most of those devastators still can't draw LOS to see it (unless they conga formation) not to mention the rest of my opponents army.

Have fun making friends and finding opponents to have fun playing games with if you're going to be that big of an autistic faggot