>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Praise be unto Saint Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=KzY45Fbni40

>Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

victoria-miniatures.myshopify.com/collections/female-squads-and-bits
dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/291924.page
youtube.com/watch?v=hRR7W5-F15c
madrobotminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_10&products_id=231
twitter.com/AnonBabble

working on my aquila for 8th. first post claimed in the name of terrain

Second post for ''are those just multiple washes over a white primer?''

Third for gems

Fourth for shitty minotaurs in various wip stages

What sets were used? As they are actually good looking and aren't squatting

Hey WIP reposting these dudes. Let me know what you think, still pretty new to this painting thing and hoping to get better. Thoughts on scheme and other criticisim. 1/2 ignore the carnifex talons on the warriors, built them fucking years ago when i had no idea what i was doing but thought it looked cool

I was going to post the Rogue Trader era guide to painting Space Marines, but my internet is too slow and my captcha kept timing out before it actually uploaded.

Someone else post it please?

I thought Minotaurs only employed the very best stuff. Why are they still using manlet marines? :^)

I used deathwatch heads, the red scorpion librarian and his lads' chests and shoulders.
The captain in the back is the special online limited edition one with a torsoswap
I dont have the confidence to cut up and pad legs so i just padded the waists a little and used accessories to hide some gaps

I-i dont have primaris yet...

>manlet marines
And into the trash it goes

>ignore the carnifex talons on the warriors

No
They look fucking rad.

13th for cavalry warfare in the 41 millennium against giant robots, daemons and aliens.

WIP Rough Rider "horse."

Great minds think alike.

user who painted Primaris Marines for his LGS.

Now I've done Nurgle, enjoy.

Cheers bro I fucking love them too, it reminds me of a praying mantis

2/3

3/3
I'm so happy they're done for premiere!

I really like the comissar poxwalker, that cheeky grin is grand

The Plaguefather smiles upon your work

I like the color scheme, it reminds me of oxizidized copper.

Why are they so smug?

That orange glow on the plas gun looks like cheap/old incandescent lights and is a nice touch.

This thread needs more Farsight enclave!

I consider it to be about 95% done. The only big thing is some clean up here and there.

Maybe some edge highligthing of the corners with a different colour.

Yeah, definitely hit him with some highlights. Looks a tad flat.

Because they have been blessed by Papa Nurgle, user

>Smug? Me?

how did you paint these? they are wonderful!

or hit with Joker toxin.

I want to try and put some lady guardsmen (guardswomen?) In my army.

Let's make this clear. I'm not changing the armor. I'm not changing the frame. No boob plate, no hourglass figure. They're women who are soldiers, not pinup models.

That also means they need to be wearing their helmets, which every sculptor and their mom seems to have ignored. Where can I get some proper fe.ale trooper who aren't out of fucking uniform?

Sergeants notwithstanding, obviously.

Got a pot with the paint mostly dry. Anyway to save it?

>That also means they need to be wearing their helmets, which every sculptor and their mom seems to have ignored. Where can I get some proper fe.ale trooper who aren't out of fucking uniform?
Victoria miniatures.
There are a few other conversion kits with alternate torsos and heads, but those mostly look mediocre at best.
The victoria stuff is good because even in full gear it's clear that they are women due to their size and figure.

Victoria Miniatures, bruh.
Female Guard by a female modeler. Lady arms and lady heads, and optional lady torsos if you want smaller ones (with more of a 2E Cadian look)

Teal and Orange, it just works (look it up on Google, it is basically everywhere). Nice scheme anyway, they are looking great.

Glad some of those pox walkers remembered the importance of good oral hygene

I started with basecoat of blue, green and skintones, picked up weapons with brown and stippled orange (for rust), and black/grey/blue on clothes. Then I went with all kinds of washes, which I mixed already on model - let's say i washed one with reikland, stippled red in when it was still wet etc.
On weapons and cloth it was just coat of agrax.

Any advice for painting Black Templars, anons?

victoria-miniatures.myshopify.com/collections/female-squads-and-bits

>I started with basecoat of blue, green and skintones, picked up weapons with brown and stippled orange (for rust), and black/grey/blue on clothes. Then I went with all kinds of washes, which I mixed already on model - let's say i washed one with reikland, stippled red in when it was still wet etc.
sweet, dude!

convert them

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/291924.page

So I asked a WIP aon how to paint my skelly standard. And he said something about the banner of the enemy. I choose to stick to my undead army colours red and black but add a currupted griffon to it.
This is the result.

Opinions?

looks really well painted.
I feel like the griffon could have been about twice as big as it is though.
Feels like the banner is a bit empty now.

Maybe you can add a scroll over/under it and add an army motto?

is the grey bare plastic?

looks like it from here

Nah its just the shitty photo and lighting. Its strakken green and nugling green with agrax wash

Something like that?

Waaay too much effort for a Guard army. I wanted to make like 30 of these.

youtube.com/watch?v=hRR7W5-F15c

Yeah, that works a lot better.
Two thumbs up!

Leave the shoulderpads off and prime them white. Prime the marines black.

Painting black/white is a big topic too, but it somewhat depends on what you are going for in terms of style and tone.

>Someone else post it please?

This one?

>Glad some of those pox walkers remembered the importance of good oral hygene

Dey don't wants ta end up wiv da Steel Teef!

Brothers! I must beseech you; I attempted to recreate the shit in pic related with PVA glue today so I might be able to provide more information for others, but I ran into some issues. I put it in a reasonably thick line on a porcelain plate since I don't have a tile lying around to use and put it in for just under a minute, since I had absolutely no idea how long it aught to be in for. Decided a minute was a good place to start. My results were a hideous smell, lots of bubbling, and a thin layer of sludge that was once PVA glue. So nothing like the results in the picture.

I'm sure I did something wrong, and that's why I'm posting. Can any other Anons out there with some spare time try this stuff to see if they get it right? So far we know keeping it in for a minute just turns it to sludge and heavily distorts the shape, not to mention it clings to the surface it's on. Maybe it needed more time to sit out, but it looked fubar when I pulled it out.

If anyone makes any attempts, use a smooth surface you don't care about; it's a bitch to clean, so unless you want to be scraping shit off your tile/plate/whatever, go with something you can risk.

Lövely!
Papa is certainly pleased.

Let's say I want to make a Skitarii army with cyborg raptors as melee troops and a robot T-rex as a Kastelan robot. What do you recommend?

This site has some Female heads w/ or w/out helmets. I don't know about torsos and legs though
madrobotminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_10&products_id=231

>What do you recommend?
Checking in a toystore for suitable conversion fodder?

check out the AoS range for lizardmen models which you could convert!

I was that user.
And if you really want to frighten the enemy the flash needs be a bit tainted as well, like washed and corrupted as if the flag doesn't mean anything just that the skelly carries it around even after its death simply because it did in life.

I once annoyed a player with my flags that i had a flag more and more washed out cause he couldn't beat my skellies after each match. When he finally beat me one time i gave him the flag, best game ever.

Got a second one of these on my desk to be converted.

Does anyone have sources to get toadstools and vines for forest bases?

I'd grab a few Victoria heads, with and without hair, and fit Cadian helmets over them. You may have to trim a few hair buns so bald works best.

some orcs and goblins kits came iwth taodstools, as does the AoS scenic base elements.

You can make them easily with a blob of greensuff on the head of a pen/some plastic rod.

Vine? army painter do poison ivy, But some fibruous gardening sting flocked would do the job. Maybe check out massive voodoo, those guys do alot of jungle style bases.

I tried it with wood glue and it worked on high power for maybe 45 seconds. Basically it just dries it out quickly so the longer it was in there the more wrinkled it got but also the more baked to the plate it got. I didn't end up using it because it looked a bit shit desu and it was an absolute nightmare to get off the plate had to soak it in white spirit to soften it.

So why did Forge World stop producing etched brass for Minotaurs?

Anyone know where I can get some?

What, they stopped those too?

Now we have no brass etch and no transfers.

I mean at least there's still the shoulder pads but still.

Ok guys it's the Black Templars guy. Is it cheating to prime them black and just paint the shoulders and details?

Is priming and basecoating spray the same thing? I do brush painting except for the spray primer.

Yeah, but nothing to put on my tanks, Dreadnoughts or Terminators.

Guess my Minotaurs will get a break in time for 8th edition. Guess I'll just focus on getting my Tyranids ready.

Speaking of Tyranids, with my Tyranids painted in this scheme, what colour would look good on the wing membranes of my Gargoyles and Flyrant?

So I just finished my first ever squad
They turned out better than I thought they would but I'm not satisfied
anyone got tips?

They look great.

The boots and fabrics could use another highlight but I say it looks good enough already.

Some tufts of dry grass would look good on his base.

some of the squad already has tufts
I was trying to have variation on the bases
but thanks!

The poses and positioning of the bases look slightly off, did you glue them on after putting texture on the bases?

Other than that they look really cool.

Thanks!
Yeah, I know what you mean
I was told that I should wire them on the base but when I finished doing it, they were all canted
Next time i'm gluing them after I finish painting and then apply the texture

Here's the thing about cheating with miniature painting. It's not a big deal and if your miniatures look better when you cheat rather than when you don't then you should cheat.

Also priming is different from base coating but if you prime in the base coat color then it doesn't make a lick of difference

chinaman.

Grey with highlighting from the green.

What even is that material he's putting that stuff on?

recent test model

second pic

some terrain I'm working on

going to add some bricks/defenses along a few edges

finished this recently

Anons this is my backlog. I don't know where to start. But i'll be posting the progress on wip to motivate myself.

I like this. simple, classic, and well-executed

priming, undercoating and spray basecoating are -in miniature painting- -usually- the same thing.
It's not cheating but it's boring as fuck. If you're being lazy just spray grey and do the triple black wash.

>Speaking of Tyranids, with my Tyranids painted in this scheme, what colour would look good on the wing membranes of my Gargoyles and Flyrant?
I'd use the grey from the skin and the red to do either a web of veins like you may see in bat wings or a mottled pattern patterns moving from the inside fading out towards the outer edge of the wings.

Nice. What'dyou coat pink foam with for durability?

What sort of cutting tool did you use?

Just got done assembling this dude, was wondering if there was anythings you gents think it could use before I based? The kits used were:
Chaos terminators
Chaos possessed
Chaos space marines
Skullcrushers of khorne
Vanguard veterans
Deathwatch Kill team
And lastly hero bases

stupid pictures.

Can anyone tell me what this mini is? I'm helping a friend go through some garage sale boxes and I've got no clue on this guy.

its not bad, but he really needs more chaos "trophies" and the like.
he's almost too "clean"

more progress on these 2.
sorry for the potato quality camera, it's all i have
also, i'm waiting on a replacement bit to drill the barrels

can you guys help me find some reference how it should be painted? I'll probably do it my way anyway but I'm not quite sure what some details are supposed to be

this is a tin wood elf waywatcher?

back

I love your orks user. They have that gritty style that reminds me of that book from Imperial Armour. Can't wait to see the vehicles you'll paint for them

I have some primaris on the way, and I'm trying to figure out a paint scheme.

I've narrowed it down to Black Templars or Red Scorpions, which would look best on Primarines?

>can you guys help me find some reference how it should be painted?

It should be painted well, with a suitable palette of colours.

What that means? It's an art, not a science, so it's up to you to achieve that. Or more likely fail horribly.

>tin wood elf waywatcher?

Lead or pewter.