MtG Ixalan Leaks

Might as well post this, since the only other thread related to it is about to die.

Some brave soul has leaked an entire sheet of foils from Ixalan. Honour his sacrifice by posting speculation and getting hyped/mad about the leaked cards.

This sucks. We will not be able to play with these cards for months and there will be nothing to get excited about next spoiler season.

>Insant Planeswalker Removal
>New Pithing Needle

As far as i'm concerned standard is going to be fucking great come rotation

Reddit or mtg salvation?

>Legendary Naya Dinosaur
>Dinosaur tutor
>that pterodactyl that makes creatures come into play tapped

My fucking body is ready

I can barely read the damn cards

The conspiracy theory that they let this stuff get leaked on purpose plays right into that. The fact you can barely read most of it, including the Jace, helps preserve some amount of excitement for the proper reveal, and people are a lot more invested in the spoilers trying to figure them out than they usually are just seeing them normally.

They wouldn't do it right now and step on hour spoilers though

Fuck, whoever took the photos please give me a higher resolution.

I am dying for new since wotc won't give any information on c17

Yeah it's a shame we have to suffer fucking Gideon 4 more months.

>Torpor orb on legs
GLADLY

No way, they pay a lot of money to "properly" spoil these cards and wotc hares it when mechanics and stuff get spoiled without context. A good example was the colorless mana cost/symbol change that confused players.

Why suffer? I just play EDH and draft on occasion.

I don't force myself to play garbage formats.

>All rares and mythics
>Not a single Zombie
>New Rest in Peace
Guess I'm not playing black aggro for another season.

user you will probably get plenty of zombies in hour of devastation. Why expect zombies in Ixalan?

Tribals are unsustainable with only one block's worth of cards as evidenced by dwarves, aetherborn, spirits, werewolves, etc.
BFZ and SOI blocks rotate out when Ixalan releases.
So I don't know what Standard deck I'll play when my current deck rotates. I was putting my marbles on Zombies but since Vampires are the BW tribe in Ixalan and Zombies aren't good without the tribal support now I need to look for a deck that's mostly KLD-AMK block so it loses the least on rotation.
I guess GR Energy looks good.

There is already cast out, which is arguably better and see how much play does it have.

>what is Hushwing Gryff

Couldn't tell you, I don't think I've seen a Standard game played at my card shop for 6 months.

Can't get hype if I can't read the fucking cards, guys. They're just pretty pictures otherwise.

Go to mythic spoiler, they've mostly translated the blurriness accurately.

>Scuttle the Wreckage
>2WW
>Instant
>Exile all attacking creatures target player controls. That player may search his or her library for that many basic land cards, put those cards onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle his or her library.

Has anyone coined the phrase "Wrath to Exile" yet?

if it is not target opponent then tokens will abuse the shit out of it

Torpor Orb on wings. Fucking dumbass.

>they
We did it nigger, then plebbitors posted them in their sinbin and Mythic Spoiler took it from them.

Don't spill my tech man.

Because griffs don't have legs right? Fucking dumbass.

Zombies are more sustainable with one block's worth of cards than any of the tribes you've listed.

They don't need more help, bruh, especially with Marvel banned. Stop being a whiny little bitch for one second and appreciate that you have a deck that's capable of T8'ing big tournaments.

tech?

tech this faggot!

Could this be cast after the damage resolution?

Yes.

pls no bully

TORRENTIAL GEARHULK GET HYPE

Is that a R/W planeswalker?
Can anyone with Squint-fu skills help me out?

So how hard are we going to get shamed for reading the leaks in the article this Monday?

>Get hype for legendary dinosaur
>it's 8 fucking mana and does nothing if it can't connect

Boo, I wanted a good dinosaur tribal legend, but nah lets make it shit and print about 400 pirate legends instead XD upboated.

I'm not seeing anything that even looks like a planeswalker, let alone a RW one.

Because you're not looking at the entire rare sheet.

Yup. Looks like that qt artwork that was leaked during the booster pack previews.

Oh. Well, yeah, that obviously is.
Looks female, and the name is short enough to be Chandra.

i can read them all

torpor dork, 3/1 for G, thalia-dactyl, 3RR for LD and 20 damage to everything but players, legendary dino, merfolk tribal goodies.

Oooh, a new rw walker

These dinosaurs, as much as I like them, are they going to be too strong for casual kitchen table my group is fine with being a little competitive since we play free for all, but the creatures lately have been getting stronger and stronger. I don't want to be the asshole who's make casual into a fucking arms race

>3RR for LD and 20 damage to everything but players
It costs 5RR. Would be insane at 3RR.

No, they're looking like they're probably going to be mostly overcosted. They're like non-flying dragons.

>3 walkers
>only 1 gatewatch member
>Vraska returns
>looks like a 2 mana RW walker

Anyone else think the RW walker's name is "X, shining Sun"?

I am sad that the enemy checklands aren't getting a reprint, they need it far more than ally ones, but Wizards has a boner for 5 colour pairs rather than treating them as equal.

>not using it on yourself to pump in monowhite

What's the dino tutor?
4 mana, tho

>mostly overcosted.
Oh, that's good then. If overcosted, gives everybody else time and I want to walk the dinosaur. Going to make another ramp deck for these dino's

I think there's a number next to the RW though, but I can't for the life of me read what it is.

Kimalla maybe?
From Kimalla's Sunwing, the W 2/3 thalia.

I thought so too, but on every other card I can at least see a blurry looking generic mana symbol but I genuinely cannot see one next to the 2 coloured symbols on that walker.

The 1 drop that lets you reveal dinosaurs to gain life can be sacced to tutor for a dinosaur.

Perhaps, I expected Kimalla to be a vampire for some reason, mainly because they're white in this set and "I can't do shit during the day, better let the sunwing do it".

I think it's a little clearer here.

Where is the 1 drop that reveals dinos for life gain?
Has somebody transcribed it somewhere?

Yeah I can kinda see something, looks like a 2 maybe?

Mythic spoiler has it up, priest of the wandering sun.

Some one on MTGS mentioned vehicles on the sheet but I don't see them anywhere.

pirate ship in this pic bottom row, middle

W+3WW is barely a real tutor.

Err, if you're looking at it so that the cards are orientated correctly, left column, fourth row.

WotC: We think 4 mana wraths are a mistake and won't print any more!
>prints a 4 mana wrath at instant speed that EXILES
WotC: But it's ok! They get to look for basic lands!

All in all this set is looking like the power level for standard is going back up but it's not too overtly powerful so the balance seems just right.

looks like a 2 to me

Ah I see it now, I'm fine with the odd vehicle turning up provided removal for them is up to par or they're just big flavourful rares/mythics...not 2 mana serra angels.

It's a tutor, no one said anything about it being some hyper competitive imperial seal for dinosaurs you fucking mook.

It only hits attacking creatures. There's a bunch of counterplay because you can deploy as many creatures to the battlefield as you want and not attack with everybody while 2WW is open, or just a few creatures at a time.

4 mana super path to exile looks poorly set up to fight dinos, which is kinda exciting.

I'd say go with 2RW too
Going by the art, she'll work with Dinosaurs

Anyone else notice the Legendary mono-white Vampire in the third row?

>another 2RW planeswalker

Really exploring the design space, aren't they.

Does indeed look to be Kimalla too. Is the second word "wandering"? Looks like it starts with a W but I can't make shit out.

I wish the faggot who stole the sheet would just post a better image, they're not going to catch any less shit for their blurry images (unless of course it was a planned leak by Wizards to try and generate some real buzz around their products due to them fucking things up constantly and their sets being boring shit).

That does look like a stegasaur or something standing with her, so maybe she's like the sun avatar's keeper or something.

As long as it can be destroyed by main deckable removal, vehicles aren't a problem if they don't have a crazy rate or something like hexproof + evasion.

Abrade in HOU is the perfect type of card that lets you kill vehicles.

Low cmc is the main problem with vehicles. Nobody is complaining about being unable to destroy Skysovereign with Push because it costs 5 mana to get Skysovereign onto the battlefield.

How the hell does someone steal a whole print sheet?

But user if they make a Naya planeswalker what will Ajani be in Return to Alara 4 years from now!

Their way of working 2 years in the future is schizo as fuck.

I can't really make out what it says you do something and make tokens from the looks of it.

Yep, check mythic spoiler for which cards have been transcribed so far.

Don't both with MTGS, the site is optimized like shit and the fucking spoiler thread is filled with people crying about spoilers...in the spoiler section of a website famous for spoilers.

Poster tube, and one hell of an impressive asshole.

>planeswalkers
>design space
Generica, Summoner of Erotica 4CMC
+1 protect me
-2 card advantage
-6 win the game

honestly 4cmc just seems to be the most effective for planeswalkers. 2cmc has not worked. 3-4-5 are all doable with 4 being the most consistently good. anything above that needs to be increasingly game endy and maybe colorless.

Seems like a token generator too. I think I can make out the text too:

[CAN'T MAKE OUT THE NAME], Dusk Apostle 2W
Rare
Legendary Creature - Vampire Cleric
Whenever one or more nontoken creatures attack, create a 2/2 white Vampire creature token with Lifelink.
3/2

>2cmc has not worked.
They didn't actually try to make it work
Tibalt is less than an half-assed attempt

I don't have zombies right now, I have Vehicles.
I was gonna built zombies for post-rotation but without the SOI zombies and zero zombies in Ixalan, they won't figure in the competition.

>Whenever one or more nontoken creatures *YOU CONTROL* attack
My bad

>Shit that doesn't get played anywhere is tech

>Ajani
>4 years from now

No need to panic, but he's on those leaked "conquest of power" booster packs that feature the very same RW walker we've got right here...meaning Naya Ajani is probably turning up faster than you think.

I don't mind Ajani though, he's the only member of the gatewatch who isn't a giant baby playing superhero.

It's on Mythic spoiler, it makes 1/1 white lifelink vampires whenever you attack with a one or more non-token vampires.

I have it in the sideboard of my red eldrazi deck
I've not gone to a standard game since Eldritch moon came out

4W
Legendary Creature - Vampire Cleric
Whenever this or other nontoken Vampires you control attack, create a 1/1 white vampire creature token with Lifelink.

not super sure about the "this or other" part

It's trash, it's off center so it would've been a miscut sheet.
So, someone at waste disposal hid it on his way to the shredder and came back for it later when nobody was looking.

>They didn't actually try to make it work
did i say they tried?

Stop me if this has been said, but I'm assuming we're looking at Shard-based Tribal this block:

Bant: Merfolk
Esper: Vampire
Grixis: Pirate
Jund: Orc
Naya: Dinosaur

ey, nahiri was different
+2 loot
-2 removal spell
-8 win the game

Even only hitting attacking creatures is fine. If you force them to only attack with part of their board instead of their entire board that's basically as good as preventing damage from X number of attacking creatures. If they're only slowly plinking you down with one or two dudes at say 3 power you can take a few hits anyway. Traditionally this is a very strong control card so now they have the option to wrath if they go full alpha strike or if the opponent is just attacking with one/two dudes they can just play spot removal on it.

It hasn't been said, but that's because it's wrong.

The legendaries are
>GU Merfolk (Mythic)
>U Merfolk (Rare)
>WB Vampire (Mythic)
>W Vampire (Rare)
>UBR Pirate (Mythic)
>R Pirate (Rare)
>RGW Dinosaur (Mythic)

We've seen no evidence of white merfolk, blue vampires, or red or green orcs. And this is the entire rare sheet, so "no evidence" is actually significant.

i don't think we've seen any white merfolk or blue vampires? to me it looks like

simic merfolk
orzhov vampires
naya dinosaurs
glint pirates

Shaper's Sanctuary
G
Enchantment

Whenever a creature you control becomes the target of a spell or ability and opponent controls you may draw a card

So now my Elves deck just improved against the midrange removal decks immensely in Modern.

By god. an ACTUAL leak (or I hope so).

The fucking trickle that MtG normally does kills me every time. Right-on to who ever the leaker is.

Have you seen Gideon's Defeat?

>Trickle

That is the thing that bothers me the most, WOTC wont show the cards till right before release date. Long after shops have put up pre-orders.

I am still upset that C17 is right around the corner, and we have no clue what it is other then tribal. We only know one of the decks is a dragon deck because of the leaks!

Yeah, we've seen it. It's an actual preview. We're supposed to know about that one.

>gideon
>attacking
The issue with gideon is shitting out tokens and anthems, not when he hits you in the face.

>attacking creature
>relevant against AoZ popping out 2/2s
Funny joke.

FUCK THE MOTHERFUCKING GATEWATCH!

Its 4 tribes split into 2 shards and 2 enemy colors for color balance.

WB: Catholic Conquistador Vampires
RBU: Pirates
UG: Merfolk
WGR: Mesoamerican Native Dinosaurs

I expected WotC to have thrown a temper tantrum by now. I guess this really was Microsoft Man's guerrilla marketing.