Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Reminder that equal gender representation is everyone's responsibility.

>Daily Dancun
youtube.com/watch?v=o-Z277l3z8w
>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g
>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata
>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing
>Roster Builder
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator

first for autist rants about random charges

Worst OP I've ever seen in my life

2nd for 6+ vs 6

Im triggered

Why is that female squat in Space Marine livery?

4th for t''au e''mpi'''re

Anyone hear from their local GWs if they're going to be selling any limited edition loot for 8th's release this saturday (mugs, tshirts, posters, etc etc)?

Chaos Squats when?

No, fuck off. We've had enough of this femmarine baiting garbage starting autism wars right out the gates. Stop posting this shit as the OP pic.

Migrate.

Would it kill you to use the recognizable 40k general image instead of your fucking random ass images?

As a tau, do you just roll over and die to necrons? There's a guy in the last thread that is trying to bring a 3000 point list, and I'm struggling to find anything in the Tau Codex remotely efficient at killing necrons.

>we've had enough of bait starting autism wars right out of the g8.
>So I'm going to start an autistic thread war right out of the g8

>that pic
Holy shit

>Tempesus Scion with a plasma gun
Think I'm good.

>A Whale Shark from my trip to Japan
...HE'LL SUFFOCATE!
DON'T SAVE ME WHALE SHARK I'M NOT WORTH IT

That would be me. I'm having a lot of difficulties beating necrons, but I think that the more i'll fight them the more i'll learn.

The guy I usually fight against uses this "phalanx" where he bubblewraps a Lord and a Cryptek with two units of 20 warriors each (to use his reanimation protocol at his best), plus a line of scarabs in front of it, wraiths and immortals on the sides, a ghost ark behind it and a spyder. Plus he has those fucking deathmarks he insta-deepstrikes to fuck up my deepstrike units, and he uses a monolith plus two command barges.

The main problem with Necrons this time around are the reanimation protocol and the quantum shielding (which I think can be solved focus-firing weapons with a lot of low-damage wounds).

Tau have more range though, especially with pulse accelerator drones, and this time around we're more mobile (we practically can give relentless to broadsides, ghostkeels and riptides with target locks). It's all about strategy, and I believe I'll have to learn how to play tau according to the fluff!

I know mine is, though I didn't get specifics. Wristbands, tags and I think the usual cheap swag. Don't believe there's anything too special

>notes on morality
I guess the kidknappers had a change of heart?

>doesn't like autist shit flinging
>starts a thread war
You copied the "dankun" YouTube link you moron.

The lynchpin is the ghost ark. It DOUBLES the number of RP rolls nearby units can make and provides a lot of firepower besides. Spam it with S6/7 low damage guns to bypass quantum shielding; it's only T6 or so if I recall correctly.

If you're lucky it'll explode and hurt his army pretty badly. If you're not, you've still significantly reduced his ability to recover form your attacks.

So the broadsides should focus on that and be a vehicle killer for the whole game?

What about the command barges and the monolith? In which order should i focus them?

Will the riptide, the ghostkeel and the 6 crysis suits be enough to kill the warrior blobs?

Also, do i have enough markerlights?

What did they mean by this.

For fuck sake stop making bait threads

Use the non bait thread people even if it a salty response one

>Img reply
I'm not sure if..
Or...

This is 10th in my camera roll.

Save me Rambo Exarch!

The broadsides don't put out that much fire. The ghost arc has 14 wounds, and with two smart missile pods, I think 3 broadsides can deal 2 or 4 damage to it a turn. This is a reversal from what I recommended last thread, but I think you're better off if your infantry and gun drones focus the ghost arc.

>command barge
Tough as nails and somewhat good in shooting, but it doesn't make the warrior blobs invulnerable. Moderate priority.
>monolith
Depends on his reserves. If he has stuff off the board the eternity gate could give you trouble. Otherwise it HAS about as much firepower as 2 fully kitted Leman Russ Battle tanks, and unlike in 7th can't roll over y0yr entire army. And again it doesn't buff reanimation protocols.

Focus the ghost arks, then the warriors if they're getting close. Infantry is murder this edition and you need to plan accordingly. If you have snipers then aim down the overlord, or possibly the canoptek unit (forget what it's called) that buffs RP.

Whatever you do, if you shoot at anything with RP, MAKR SURE IT STAYS DEAD. Don't leave one warrior alive to resurrect the entire blob!

>inb4 Sluts did nothing wrong.

Maybe I should stop having automatic downloads in group chats

WILL DO! thanks user!

Ducking hell he's strong, much stronger than my HQ.

But wait, is he allowed to advance and charge if he has familiars? They don't have the rule.

Why are the maid cosplayers making ahegao faces?

latest requisition for new mops and brooms came through

what exactly were you thinking user?

A corollary to Ideally to kill QS models you need something that does 1 or 2 damage. Look over ypur armory and see what can reliably wphnd but doesnt hit TOO hard. If you're familiar with imperial stuff, try to find something like an Autocannon.

Also note the Monolith does NOT have Quantum Shielding. Give it all your biggest guns. Smart Cron players will use it as mobile cover, preventing you from completely annihilating warrior blobs by hiding one or two of them behind it. Prioritize accordingly.

I was hoping they were copying something.
As far as I've found they aren't though.
Very sad.

Rem zero or something like that.

ok.

One question though: can i target an unit behind another unit even if they are the same height? And do they get a cover save for intervening models?

Re:Zero, sure
I mean doujinshi

If the shooter can see the target, yes.

Cover only comes from terrain. Infantry has to be on it, vehicles must be 50% obscured by it.

I'll be honest I have a grudge against Tau for the Riptide spamming WAACfags I kept seeing last edition.

But I hate necrons even more. Go kill a few for me.

My horrible soul grinder I kitbashed from a broken pike of junk.... Uh

I bought one riptide because fluff-wise they are rare, and the model is cool. Same for the ghostkeel! I always hated WAACfags with a passion, though in 7th we were actually overpowered with those powerful formations. I'll be happy to kill them, hopefully this time will be better! (last time I lost and almost got tabled).

Well at least you'll get rescued. Can't say your situation gets much better, though.

I think they'd be more afraid of my painting than his weapons.

>Reminder that equal gender representation is everyone's responsibility.
No its not, especially in a grim dark universe that only knows war. That said I will say that I would allow Cawl to make some female marines on the premise that half fall to chaos and the inquisition supervises the remainder, as they begin penitents crusades.
Although I just want half of Cawl's super space marines fall to chaos or turn into spawns but that is because I hate their existence.

WHY POWER LEVELS ARE INHERENTLY MORE BALANCED THAN POINTS

You're all aware of the autists that pour scorn on power levels, maybe you're one of them yourself. Easy to spot with their cries of 'pshh, get a big boys list dweeb' and 'muh mature game of le plastic soldiers for sophisticated adults like me' and you're all as sick of them as I am but next time you see a post that reeks of so much autism that you can smell the stale sweat and cheetoh dust through the monitor here's a perfect example to remember.

While power levels are unbalanced, all systems are unbalanced; points were always unbalanced too and are even more so now and as long as there is more than one faction then armies will always be unbalanced as well.
Example, the imperial guard heavy weapons team. A lascannon cost 25 pts for guard and 25pts for marines, but the marine will hit more often, live longer and is more mobile taking up only one space in a transport. A heavy weapons squad with 3 lascannons costs 75pts + 12pts for the guys. A mortar squad costs 15pts for the mortars and 12 for the guys, so one is 87 points and the other is 27 points but both are power level 3.

>MUH BALANCE, MUH BASIC MATH

But hold on, this means you can get 9 mortar teams for less than the cost of 3 lascannon teams. The lascannons obviously have their specific role but they are bs4 and can put out only 3 shots a round, those 9 mortar teams can put out UP TO 54 SHOTS A ROUND (fair enough it's not going to happen but you're not likely to hit with 3 lascannons either), can fire indirectly and is a cheap unit that can be included in any imperial army. 3 lascannon shots is an obstacle to avoid but 54 mortars out of nowhere is something to change your whole strategy around. And yet, you wouldn't have to worry about it with power levels but do with points.

If you want to play a perfectly balanced game then play chess, it's a lot cheaper the 40k and has more depth anyway.

I guess my kidnappers commit suicide

From what I seem to remember from the NuMarine faction focus article chaos is getting something else rather than fallen Primarius marines we are getting something made by the Dark Gods.

In case anyone didn't notice yet, Battlescribe has updated.

I might be, but he will be for sure.

I read that as "Primarch". I was confused.

thank you my liege

Does anybody know where this image is from? book? campaign? or just fanart?

I quite enjoy that art style

Who's the author?

If you slap 5 markerlights on the ghost ark you can take it down easily. Crisis/Commanders with CIB and missile pods work really well for this.

In general Tau are REALLY good at taking down one unit every turn, especially a vehicle that needs to sit exposed on the front lines to get value.

because it pleases my dick

Is 40k easy to play? I bought an open box of kill team for 8bucks at a thrift store. It's just missing the rules. They also had lots of space marine tanks and dark elder stuff

So how do allies work in 8th? Looking to add some Word Bearers to my chaos renegades, need to know the minimum units for an allied detatchment.

Shoot three lascannons or nine mortars at my predator.
See where your balance lives.

im ok

Anyone have their hands on the indices that could answer a question for me?
I am really curious if regimental advisors are still an option for guard commanders, and if platoon commanders still exist.

download it and check for yourself? links are in the OP

if you're going to argue that 3 lascannons is less impressive then mortars it feels disingenuous to note the best case scenario for the mortar teams but not say note that the lascannons could inflict up to 18 wounds on a single target, which would kill a shitload of things.

Additionally, arguing that all systems are unbalanced is while fair a dumb fucking argument. By your own argument, someone could fit 9 lascannons in a power level list for the same points you could take 9 mortars. 9 mortars are nice but they aren't 9 lascannons, and if 9 mortars can be nerve wracking for a horde unit 9 lascannons fucking murder 2 vehicles a turn and vehicles are worth more generally then a horde is.

You've done a good job making a statement (power levels are fine to use, quit complaining that points are better) then distracting from that statement with another statement (mortars are more of a problem then lascannons) and I appreciate that decision. Its good trolling, allowing you to redirect to a new discussion and allows you to tailor pick what you respond to in comments addressing your entire comment. I think you should have had more examples in the weakness of points (pointing out for instance that models having to pay for special weapons weirdly makes the alternate special weapons they could choose cheaper since you aren't having to buy the weapon you're replacing feels a bit silly and could have given you another paragraph) this would have been decent bait that would have derailed discussion for a good 50 posts.

What's the best way to deal with a horde among all the eldar factions?

Fellow Chaos Enthusiasts! Let's discuss 8th ed. tactics, unit tiers and shit like that!

So Terminators... You grab 5 with combi plasmas and you DS them. min distance from enemy models is 9 inches, which is rapid fire range. So you can either get 10 bolter shots + 10 plasma shots at BS 4+, or 10 plasma with BS 3+. And they should stay alive and shoot again next turn. Seems bretty gud to me.

Rhinos: you can load them up with a combi weapon and a havoc launcher and be an annoying, cheap, durable shit, or you could use them as mobile LoS blockers / assault breakers. Hell, you can tie enemy fire support in CC!

Defilers: nearly fucking immortal with good weaponry. Ugly AF model though.

Jugger Lord plus a bunch of spawn seem like an appropriately scary and durable bunch.

Khorne Berzerkers: like basic marines, but SUPER killy in CC. Maybe worth delaying the Rhinos' quest for Annoying Shit Of The Year Award (TM) to deliver these bad boys to the enemy?

The cat from my job that can't shit on his own. Hmm.

probably from one of the warzone fenris books, I imagine

Flamers

Chaos Space Marine with a meltagun...

I dont think ill survive the crossfire.

I'd say Wrath of Magnus, when the Yiffs go wake up Bjorn because they're pissing themselves.

So anons ive recently discovered the quality of russia recasters on ebay. Im gonna be running 40k death guard so what should I get, a khabrydis assault claw, a leviathan fread with flux and claw, or a deredeo with dual plasma (i kmow theyre getting hellforged rules I just dont know what they can take)

Help me out cause I'm retarded.
Doesn't the underlined rule RAW mean that, if I have for example a 1x model unit and the enemy has two 1x model units right next to each other, I can't charge them because I'll be 1" from the non-targeted unit, no matter which one I choose as the target? Let's suppose I am less than 12" away from both.

I was playing some test games with CSM and I wanted to warp time my Sorcerer out of close combat and my opponent said it'd count as having fallen back since Warp Time says "as if the unit had moved in movement phase".
The problem is that people all over the place are saying that the deepstrike/teleport in into Warp Time strat is a valid thing but wouldn't it be wasted as the "As if was movement phase" phrase doesn't them move?

Yes

If you dont declare them as your charge target you cant end your charge within 1"

Also note that even though you can pile in to units you did not charge, you can only Fight against units that you declared charges against

I think you're technically correct, and no doubt this will lead to a huge shitfest in a minute, but anyone who tried to use this in an actual game would be a cunt of the highest order.

this is for a 1500 points list

should I keep the malignant plaguecaster or the chaos lord?

Alright, thanks for the clarification

You can charge them either way, your just have to move around the 1" bubble of the other unit. This shouldn't be hard, and you can pile in to suck the unit into combat

You can just declare both the target of your charge. They both get to shoot overwatch and both end up in melee.

You don't need to be base to base contact to successfully charge anymore you just need to be in a 1" bubble of the target so I don't think it really matters.

Allies dont exist anymore, your army needs to have a common keyword which in your case would be 'Chaos' or something along those lines.

Great then, thanks peoples.

You can declare charges against multiple units

Missed that simple rule too..

When do the 8th ed. Digital books go live for North America?

TEXT-TO-SPEECH HYPE BOIIIIS

Can units armed with guns and pistols can fire both? And at different targets? Also are there no longer flakk missiles for the guard?

Fukken crates bustin thru the wall, 6 storm bolters blazing a trail of death thru my kidnappers, their fire innefectually bouncing off their armored hides. Running low on ammo, the brave ammo crates risk life and limb to refill their friends endless thirst for hatefire. Right as the criminals are about to exact revenge on me, the brave fuel barrels form a protective wall around me, then form an unstopable prometheum filled canbot whos swinging arm sweeps knock 3 or 4 men away at a time.

Im ok.

Have they got rules yet?

I'm not sure there are flakk missiles for anyone, now you mention it.

>2 ancient bronze age warriors and a naked woman
Her tits are the distraction and the two men with the ferocity of pre-torah times butcher my captors.

Those are men aren't they?

Use Hellhounds for anti-aircraft.

>1500 points
>110 over the limit
The plague caster, the lord only brings you down to 1501.

Whats a good way to get started with 'nids for $150 USD? Trying to get gf into it and she really likes nids for whatever reason.

The Swarm box is about that price in USD, I think, and has piles of gaunts

All girls like nids.

only in my heart.

What do anons suggest for using as counts-as Sonic Blasters for Noise Marines? I'm a bit leery of recasters, but am also flat-out refusing to pay for a bunch of the upgrade kits since I'm an Aussiefag