>Commander 2017 Spoilers
mythicspoiler.com/c17/index.html

>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

>Latest MTGO Banlist Update
wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander

ANNOUNCEMENT WEEK

>Product Announcement Day
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/25th-anniversary-announcement-day-2017-06-14?

>Magic Digital Next Announcement and MTGO Changes
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/magic-digital-next-update-2017-06-13
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/magic-onlines-fifteenth-anniversary-2017-06-07

>Metamorphosis 2.0
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/metamorphosis-2-0-2017-06-12

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/4F4Gz

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question
How do you feel about these Jacetice League hate cards? Do you think they'll see play?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/53785660/#53789312
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I can see the blue one and white one seeing play, but with different applications.

The blue one seems like the answer to unbanning JTMS in modern, whereas the white one is a splashable silverbullet to answer giddeon in standard. I can't see either being beyond sideboard cards, but hey, whatever works. I'm just happy the planeswalkening is almost over.

>Jacetice League hate cards
Almost the same as the hate cards in Theros: incredibly limited in playability, pretty much within sideboard territory in Standard-Modern.

I can see a spicy dimir hate deck in EDH using both the blue and black ones because they have outside utility. What are the most dickish colours in magic? Blue and black of course, which means we should hit them with the business. I can see someone shrieking like a banshee when their LotV, Bolas, or Tezzeret is popped for one mana.

I'm probably going to pick up Nissa's Defeat, at least. Hits forests, enchantments, and walkers. I doubt it's going to be the best, but I'd probably consider using it even without the added benefit when you hit Nissa.

>Jacetice League hate cards
They're boring and unplayable in EDH like most color hate cards. More excited that the Jactice League is getting btfo so maybe the story can be interesting again.

I need inspiration so I want to ask a a couple questions:

I want to know how you make an optimal Mazirek deck because every build I tried ends up being clunky. I've taken so many decks apart but Mazirek seems like one that just clicks with me (no pun intended). I know he's a very versatile commander but I need to know the perfect balance of building him.

Also, I want to make a copy-steal deck with Gonti, but I'm tired of playing Mono Black. Who can make give him some milage?

Can't wait for Sultai Vraska to seduce Jace.

You could try Sen Triplets. They're also focused on stealing, like to play cards that let them generate any color of mana, and have black in their Identity.

That could be interesting...maybe Jace won't get his memory back and fuck off to be a pirate for a bit.

Mazirek is a trap, based on his manacost. If you don't cast him as soon as you can, you miss out on value, but if you wait and drop him, people will find answers for you. Since he's only 2/2 flying out of the box, it's pretty difficult to actually connect without using him as a combo piece.

But, that being said, Harrow is fantastic, as is anything that sacrifices lands. My mazirek deck was a stax deck where you death cloud/pox people into oblivion, pump mazirek up huge, and smash them in one turn, but the problem I found was that as soon as people knew the gameplan, it was over, but the deck itself isn't as fast as it looks. You 100% need token producers, parallel lives, and whatever token doublers you can find, because your boardstate is going to be really soft otherwise. I like sengir autocrat, ophiomancer, mycoloth, avenger of zendikar and all those shitty eldrazi that make scions when they die, but you need a reliable way of defending yourself early game as well. Koskun falls is extremely powerful if you can tap a creature, pestilence and innocent blood are also pretty good on the utility end.

Really, I'm just listing random things. What do you run user? What do you need to improve?

What's interesting is that Vraska will probably need Jace to both regain his memory and serve her if she wants to control the Guildpact, but if he regains his memory he'll probably be able to break her control.

Build it around a core of Reassembling Skeleton, Bloodghast, and Nether Traitor. Then include at least 10-15 good sac outlets, 10-15 cards that make tokens or are recurrable (bonus points for persist creatures), Gravepact and Dictate of Erebos, Living Death, Entomb, Burried Alive, Birthing Pod, Phyrexian Reclaimation, and then just add ramp/draw/removal/tutors to fill in the gaps.
Set up scenarios where you can have a ton of death triggers, and win with a huge Mazirek or some a Blood Artist effect.

I love my mazirek deck personally. Like the other anons said, token generation, recurable creatures, and sac outlets will get you far, especially with Dictate of Erebos or Grave Pact. I also found that including some voltron elements is a fun wincon, since over half of the people I play against forget he flies.

And if you want to really pop off, all you need is a sac outlet and any creature with Persist. Stack the Marzirek trigger, then the Persist trigger, so that the creature comes into play with a -1/-1 counter, then all your creatures get a +1/+1 counter. This will cause both counters to disappear, allowing you to buff the rest of your creatures infinitely, and infinite EBT or death triggers.

How do you Dimir?

I'm trying to build Lazav, and I have basically everything available, but I'm open to suggestions and could use some inspiration. Is Mirko or Dranlu fun?

Oh, and speaking of Mazirek. His recent lore article was pretty good, and I'm glad we will be seeing more of Vraska soon. Just not sure if they will be able to pull Mazirek in yet, or if we will have to wait for a Return to Return to Ravnica to see an update on his coup against Jarad

Phenax wall tribal. It is janky, but kind of hilarious

I actually ran Phenax as the backbreaker in my old Lazav deck. You drop him with lazav out, chunk people with mill, and then mill them with their milled cards. I found the fallacy is that everyone wants to win by decking someone, when you really win by getting good stuff in their yard and stealing it.

Yeah, defidently a good idea. I also included a bunch of combos in mine. So it mostly was dick around with control and a bit of milling and stealing, then combo someone with Mindcrank

I've got Dralnu storm. Pretty good, and I can take out the tutors and tone it down a bit.

Can you give me a brief rundown on how it works? Seems like I'm going to wind up sacrificing a bunch of my lands.

>Thread Question
I feel that I don't care about them. Some people might play them against superfriends decks, but I think it's a waste of slot.

So I should pick up my Thalia's Lancers now right? Legendary planeswalkers makes them kinda hilarious.

How so?

Lancers tutors legendary permanents. The number of viable targets in all of my EDH decks just went thru the roof

>Thalia's Lancers
I am really curious as to the addition of legendary on planeswalkers

I can only wonder if they are changing the planeswalker uniqueness rule

I tried building a mazirek but in the end Ghave took his position as a commander.

>Ghave
I fucking LOVE my ghave deck. It's incredibly powerful, interesting to assemble combos, and can win through straight attrition if necessary. It's quite the monstrosity.

Well you're not really looking at Dralnu for the body, and you're probably not casting him unless you're looking to storm out, and even then he's not all that necessary. It's mostly a draw/mana/repeat deck. High Tide with Frantic Search, Dramatic Reversal, wheels (especially with Notion Thief), I'm thankful for my Snapcaster, black Rituals, Catalyst Stone, Torrential Gearhulk, you can run some haste enablers like Greaves and Elixir...

Just make sure it's okay in your meta. We're all combo players but I can see it getting frustrating quickly for someone who's not used to it.

I have considered Sen Triplets. The problem I've heard is that unless you flash them out, people won't allow them to live a full turn rotation. I do believe Blue will add a lot to the game plan and blinking Gonti is not a bad idea with white. Though, I did consider Grixis with stuff like Marchesa.

My deal was consistancy and only doing stuff during my turn. It felt like my only impactful moments were either at upkeep or my first main phase. That's it. At one point I was wondering "Am I really only using him because he looks cool?" Which is what seems to bounce back and forth in my head. The one thing I have not tried was a lands build with Crucible/Scapeshift since I happen to now have those. I also noticed I didnt run... almost any reanimation. I only ran like Phyrexian Reclaimation and Victimize and that was it.

I might actually end up with a second version of mine, but with Kresh

>going to EDHrec to look at lists
Jesus christ people are bad at magic. Nothing in there was storm, it was just a bunch of ramp, generic flashback goodstuff, and like labman/blue sun's zenith. Do you have a list I can look at? I have almost all those cards you listed, except snapcaster and catalyst stone, but that shouldn't be an issue.

using the filter tool might help you look for the cards you want

>Playing against Zur
>Slam turn two Stranglehold
>He scoops

What a faggot. There's no excuse for him being unable to remove an enchantment or win with Stranglehold in play.

Blood moon and the magus often have the same effect. This one is my personal favorite:

>guy with 3+ colour deck
>plays a bunch of mana and has only a single blue/green/black mana source
>immediately scoops when you blow it up

This is pretty funny. Though, it shouldn't have been that bad. A Zur deck should be running quite a bit of spot removal.

Doing dog's work, user

>Playing against Zur
>Turn two strangle him
>He dies

>try to play magic online
>even in casual games, autists think it's acceptable to run a $1000 mana base

Why.jpg

I just want to play Vela, fuck off.

Post your deck and your favorite magical christmasland interaction.

>Feldon with Dictate of the Twin Gods, Gratuitous violence and Beserker's onslaught out
>pop feldon, bring back *insert beater with anhiliator here* probably Bane of Bala Ged
>exile 2 things, swing for 48
>seize the day, do it again 48 and 2 exiled things
>and again with the flashback 48 and 2 more exiled things
>6 things exiled, 144 damage
>assembled from jank spare parts just lying around, lurking within my casual monored deck

Padeem with Future Sight/Magus of the Future, Etherium Sculptor/Helm of Awakening/Foundry Inspector, and Sensei's Divining Top.

>no spot removal
>in w/b, the colors of FUCK YOU I REMOVE IT
>with blue for FUCK YOU I COUNTER IT
>zur running full optimized combo because the dumbass netdecked from the tier list instead of modifying it for the meta
>nor did he mull to get a counterspell
Most of the cEDH shit can be easily modified, when you sacrifice winning a turn earlier for being able to get to that turn in the first place. For God's sake, if you're going to netdeck, at least read how the deck works.

Was having trouble finding this elsewhere on the internet, but can I have a Grove of the Burnwillows in my UR deck to abuse with Punishing Fire?

This is the paradox:

>those who build good decks win regardless of commander, outside of their very specific extremely niche meta, where some things are better than others
>tards interpret this as "this deck is the best", google two combos, then spend $3000 for foodchain tazri
>when you play them they go "Uh, here's foodchain and tazri, I win."
>when you ask them why, they go "pfft, noob I'm not going to explain it to you if you don't know how it works"
>or my personal favorite "Something something eternal scourge, infinite mana I win."

And why do you need original duals, mana crypt and vault to do that?

No. If it taps for that color you need that color. It's why you can't run all the signets in every deck. Fetchlands are technically legal because they search out two types of lands, while not actually having the mana color on it.

OH, I forgot the most important part:
>after they lose 3/5 times to better deck builders with lower tier commanders, they scoop in a huff, bitch about how that deck's shit online, and then call people noobs

No, its identity is R/G.

Because they're good.

>Playing a Volrath deck
>First time I've ever played this deck since it's completion
>Try it out in a 4 player game
>Down to me and my friend running an infinite token/life deck
>His deck goes off and he makes 1,000,000 tokens and 1,000,000 life.
>He ends the turn
>on my turn I swing with Volrath making him unblockable with Rogue's passage
>Discard Draco
>mfw

Rith the Awakener with Doubling Season, Primal Vigor, Parallel Lives, and Anointed Procession
>16 times tokens
>all ungodly high p/t with a Shared Animosity and Coat of Arms
>resolve a Titanic Ultimatum
>mfw it doesn't matter since my Hellrider kills everyone when I declare attacks

There's just something fun about getting use of cards that either have too high of a CMC with an upside or too low of a CMC with a downside.
>using Gisa on a Phyrexian Dreadnought

>Running Eon Hub when my opponent runs a shit ton of upkeep ability cards

On that note:
>Abzan tokens
>Doubling Season, Parallel Lives, Primal Vigor and Anointed Procession
>Someone makes a mistake destroying/countering my Angel of Sanctions
>Embalm it
>16 Angel of Sanctions, each targeting the biggest threats on the table

Also in the same deck:
>Imprinting a Corpsejack Menace onto Soul Foundry

It's not a $1000 manabase if you're online.

It's not a $1000 manabase if you pay chinaman for it.

>playing 5dh at LGS with people I've barely seen before
>after looking at my Karador, teenager slaps his Anafenza deck on the table with a smug grin
>the only guy I know at the table plays Sedris
>A-za is Assymetrical Hate: the deck with few times my deck's worth in cards
>get screwed, waste my removal trying to get rid of that bs lady, to no avail
>anything I do, I either pay extra, lose life, sacrifice permanents or it has no effect
>get taken out ages before assembling any useful engines
>other 4 players are mostly fine

What is your deck to make people really fucking mad? 'Cause that's what I need in my deck suite in times like that. Being able to win is optional

Have you seen actually good chinaman fakes? All of the ones I have seen are kind of shit and I would like some really good ones but don't know where to find them

Baral. Control is useless in 4 players or up, but Baral makes it slightly work and he's great at staring someone down at the table and saying "You're not going to be allowed to play until I'm dead."

I run Zur's Weirding and Teferi's Puzzle Box in my Tomorrow deck

Nekusar's Wheels on the Bus. Nothing pisses people off more than when you give them a hand and some time to plan what to do with it, and then take it away from them.

Oh god that's beautiful

One other time two of the other players cloned my Rith while I had a Primal Vigor out. We all declare a truce to attack the other players. Each of us had over 100 thousand tokens in a few turns. Good times

>mfw when someone plays puzzle box and omen machine.

Puzzle Box is one of my favorite cards

I think that can be counterplayed rather easily, given the number of uncounterable spells, put into play effects and noncreature spells hate, suddenly you are the one getting mad

Seems good, though I believe wheel effects are mostly expensive?

Like 2-3 mana

>Queen Marchesa
>Cast solitary confinement
>Cast wound reflection
>Cast Havoc festival
>Laugh as people scramble to stop the madness, realise they have no answer and die one by one

I love my Queen Marchesa deck, so many little fun things I do and despite the fact that the faggot known as Sheldon would call it a "griefer" deck people tend to just laugh at the insanity of it all and don't get hugely butthurt about it.

Oh yeah. Get a loan, Timetwister ain't cheap. There are some cheap cards available, Wheel of Fate, Magus of the Wheel, Memory Jar isn't terrible, Teferi's Puzzle Box, Windfall, but the two big ones, Wheel of Fortune and especially Timetwister, are expensive as shit.

>timetwister edh legal

Are you thinking of Time Walk? Because Timetwister is EDH legal. I have a heavily abused copy.

Molten Psyche is just plain filthy to wheel into with a Nekusar deck. Absolutely horrifying

No I had just assumed it was banned and checked the legality when you mentioned it
Terrifying terrifying things

>playing 'casual' on xmage
>Guy quits to my chaos deck on turn 4 when he see's Confusion in the Ranks and Grip of Chaos
>'This isn't fun waiting 30 minutes for you to resolve a trigger'
>He concedes
>Stays in the chat after I call his deck inappropriate to the table due to his Toshiro Umezawa deck running Tutors,

recursion and combo's, I mentioned it wasn't 'casual'
>stays in chat for the rest of the game asking for my definition of casual
> I repeat that it's the combination of his recursion, tutors and heavy synergy
> 'Oh so a casual deck is not allowed to have a win con?'
>'That's not the contention, I just mentioned your deck has enough consistency to fight it's variance'
>'Nuh uh, I can't deal with artifacts and Enchantments due to being mono-black'
>'Again, that's not the contention, I just think your deck is more suited to a serious table'
>calls me a dumbass etc.
>stays all the way to the end of the match to because I didn't think his deck was casual...

How is it a griefer deck if noone is butthurt

>person getting called out on his deck having synergy
>mono black, can basically kill creatures, tutor, discard and that's it
Nigga, you better define casual deck right now.

It's pasta.

You already posted this story
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/53785660/#53789312
Go away

>piloting a low-key deck, in hopes of getting under the radar and snatching a victory
>running some threatening stuff to be able to press through opposition

What's your choice?

>How is it a griefer deck if noone is butthurt

It's what Sheldon likes to call those decks that run things like mana barbs and other punisher effects, no one I know calls it a griefer deck.

The deck is super creature light and doesn't have all that much removal in it either, if I can't set up or protect a turtle effect I can get stomped on hard, but it's worth it just for games where I assemble things like karma + urborg.

I'm probably going to scrap my mazirek deck I built a few months ago, it's boring and slow and I hate it.

I want to build something to do with +1 +1 counters don't want to make it more than 2 colours.

Timetwister is only really Power Nine in the context of having the other Eight. It's the most "fair" of them, and only really becomes broken when you get to empty your hand thanks to Lotus and/or Moxen before playing it.

art that is moving VERY FAST at HIGH SPEEDS

What are some fun cards to play in multiplayer with a Black Red deck?

>Playing Angry Omnath with Verdant Force out on the table
>three rounds pass on the table, have 16 creatures on upkeep
>cast Shamanic Revelation and draw 12 lands
>pitch 10 of them to the yard on discard step
>stop Oloro player from comboing off with Krosan Grip
>he wipes my board in response
>Gahiji player kills Daxos player
>cast Omnath again, play Splendid Reclamation and drop 50/50 in haste Elementals on the field

I really like this with Rashmi, Cascade Spells, and Genesis Wave.

Feels nice to not have to panic shoot something because you just happen to flip over a Naturalize, it plays well with cards that care about permanents, and it helps make Kruphix active while also letting you deactivate him if there's Merciless Eviction or something similar.

Rakdos Charm in response to all these token spam players.
>I get 10,000 tokens!
You take 10,000 damage.

N
A
R
S C R A M B L E V E R S E
E
T R I B A L

For "fun" go with Sire of Insanity, Havoc Festival, and Rakdos the Defiler

Also fun

Nice pasta

How does that even work? Or Narset is just for colors? I'm not sure about scrambleverse effects, because they are limited in what the hit. I'm thinking more about Rule of Law type of cards

I hate to say it, but that was probably your best bet. Unless you want to do weird shit in UG ofc

i made a malfegor deck. it's a lot of fun and surprisingly good at keeping a decent hand size thanks to cards like kothophed and harvester of souls.

>Decide to run Armageddon in my Kaalia deck
>Slam down Avacyn with Kaalia and blow up everyones lands
>Everything is okay, few rocks left but who cares
>One dude taps his Thran Dynamo
>Crucible of Worlds
>Oh this can't be too bad
>Next turn he plays Azusa

>playing Cucklia
>raging at other people recovering after you blew up all their lands

Sounds to me like you're a faggot.

You run a few creatures - less than 5, lots of Artifact ramp, and a few chaos cards: scrambleverse, knowledge pool, pandemonium. Then add in a couple MLD cards and your set.
In game you just get narset out after you've disrupted the board a bit and each time she swings you take the table on a wild ride. The win con is everyone gets frustrated and scoops.

There's a great narset chaos deck on tapped out. At work so I can't find it for you.

This is why it pays to play global Lifelink effects and Soul Sisters.

Seal of Primordium and Seal of Cleansing are some of the GOAT multiplayer removal spells.

Those and the shuffle ones like Spring Cleaning are the best imo.

Taigam has me inspired to build my first Tron deck. What's /edhg/'s recommended white/blue cantrips, and any other obscure spells that Taigam can abuse with rebound?

I pretty much staple Seal of Cleansing to Sun Titan.
Any deck that is running a Sun Titan should have Seal of Cleansing too.