Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1562: Raildex Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

novelupdates.com/series/panties-reincarnation-im-a-pair-of-panties-so-what/
forums.spacebattles.com/threads/general-jumpchain-thread-2.483115/page-1346#post-36147877
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>
Actually, letting them surpass their limits with power of LOVE would be amazing and awesome. We need more cheesy perks like that.

>This is pretty much what I had down before I decided to make it a normal 600cp
Late to the party, but I'd respect a 1000cp harem perk that wasn't so intrusive and gave a boost to the harem instead of just a straight up plain old harem perk. We have a lot of those already, they're basically all the same, and I feel like it'd be more appropriate anyway for it to be a legitimately useful ability on top of being a harem perk. I don't know, you do what you want to do, but know that I support it.

game skill called 'Item Upgrade' which is one of a kind in this new world. It allows him to upgrade items, i.e. +1, +2, +3 etc, improving the item stats & abilities, furthermore he is the only one able to view the item stats while others can only feel that the item got stronger.

What harem MC does that?
Harem followers. Basically companions-lite: don't respawn if killed and can't be imported. Maybe limit the number of people that you can invite per jump for balance?

So what kind of webtoons are you looking forward to be made into jumps?

Nah, who needs some shitty boost. Let it make it so you'd be able to add literally anyone to your harem. Most of the harem perks we have right now have some kind of restriction on top of them, so one like that would be nice.

user Heart is already in the middle of working with Transcendental powers of Kubera I believe, but I am hoping for a TAL jump, too bad the current arc I have no idea what is happening.

Yeah, I think I read the manga of it a while ago. I'll look it up again. Does it ever explain the limits to how much he can upgrade an item?

>user Heart is already in the middle of working with Transcendental powers of Kubera I believe,

good to hear

>It's a generic that's basically just taking powers from specific shows, often where they don't have much else other then that one unique thing
Great.

If it's going to be the most expensive one, it needs to be the best one.

Combine a quick attraction to get the harem, that short and sweet perk from sekirei in order to get away with not having enough hours in the day, some anti-jealousy, maybe them slowly getting into each other as well. Oh, that one from BBS that makes people with skills show up more often.

That's all I can think of other than stamina, but thats not something you'd find in a harem perk.

But that's adding nothing really unique to the equation besides effectively a generic seduction/charisma boosting effect. If you want to add someone in specific into your harem you just have to interact with them enough and eventually they'll probably fall for you, it'd be more suitable if it had an additional utility considering there are a number of Isekai(Albeit shitty ones) where the main character's shtick is that their power is dependent on collecting a harem of powerful women.

So with all this inter jump balancing about a 1000cp harem perk...how the flying fuck is a 1000cp harem perk even justified here? They're not things to be made like candy, just shoved in where they don't fit. Harems are a part of isekai but they're not a 1000cp worthy part.

>Jumps shouldn't take inspiration from the settings which they're based off of

>(Albeit shitty ones)
One hell of an understatement.
But really, boosting companions is also generic. I'd be satisfied with becoming a "god of seduction" of sorts.Though in the end the jumpmaker should decide based on which version fits the series best.

Inspiration isn't the same as directly taking things user.

You haven't really enough shitty isekai then. Which is probably a good thing. There certainly are more than enough of them with harem/seduction/charisma skills that are totally worth those 1000CP.

You seem to have completely forgotten the value of CP then, to think it can justify a undiscounted 1000cp perk.

I said I'd look at it, not that I'd add it. So far none of the perks are actually taken from a specific character except for one, and that one is based more on like 3 or 4 characters (although I'm dubious about even adding it).

It's probably part of the 'cheat skill' collection, which is basically the super special abilities that main characters get that makes them overpowered monsters, and harems are literally that for some Isekai protags. Most of them are absolute scumbag trash because their abilities are as disgusting and evil as they are powerful.

>Added ending fluff
>Changed the jump's start time to be a little earlier
>Clarified the 'Giygas-ing yourself' loss condition in notes.
>Added locations
>Added free age and gender option

Jump is finished and ready for use.

>CP has an objective value across all jumps

>Raildex Edition
What was your Esper ability, Jumpers?

Pyrokinesis.

Haven't been there.

The excellent precog you can get from it, not the combat type although I got that too.

I took the index jump and didn't go Spy, so I can't take an Esper power no matter what I do.

Clairvoyance.

A gun. Imagine Breaker beats all esper powers. A gun beats Imagine Breaker. By the transitive property, guns are therefore the strongest esper power. What do you mean, that's not how logical expressions work?

Cool. Out of curiosity, how long would it take to reach Giegue's level as a Lost Tail?

Clairvoyance + Premonition Precog. The maximum level of Touma's plotarmor is completely ridiculous.

>Going anything besides Telekinesis
In the books there was a scene where accelerator straight up got backed the fuck up be a strong TK user.

G O D
O F
M O T I O N

I have all of the Esper powers because I cheated and used Hard Science to do the multi-skill thing.

Mind teasing us with examples of what you have so far?

I didn't write out this bullshit for nothing.

>Can gain no charisma boosts from perks
Different from "can't take charisma boosts" in that the I can still take perks that package a charisma boost alongside something else.

>Limited benefit from appearance boosters
The jumper will never reach a level of beauty beyond what's possible for a normal human, but still receives the side-benefits of those perks, which usually means "it heals in a way that it looks natural and not like you punched a meatgrinder in the face with your face".

>No Benefactor
The jumper was abducted by a runaway warehouse and gains perks via being softened by the void between multiverses and their warehouse reconstitute them when it lands. The warehouse is not sentient in any form. Perks and items are instead the being trying to copy what's around it.

>Furry Mode
Sufficiently generic jumps are populated by anthropomorphic animals instead of humans. For example, Sword and Sorcery or Generic Virtual World would be generic enough, but Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs or Generic Medical Drama would not. Stuff like Generic Wuxia would go either way depending on whether or not you went to a generic or specific setting.

>Theme: Rejection
Companions will not agree to come along unless they are forced into it. Worlds will seek to maintain their story, and if they lose it things will go out of control. Small changes are okay, big ones will see big bounceback.

Electrokinesis. I always roll electrokinesis. Every goddamn chain. I am tired of electrokinesis.

Yeah sure. This is my current WIP, nothing is final and I'm still planning out perks. Haven't gotten to items yet, and I'm probably going to revamp the races and how they're being done

Keeping in mind that Giegue himself isn't a complete eldritch abomination yet, probably an entire quest's worth of level grinding and training. You get a slight head start as a Lost Tail, so it's do-able, though if you're starting with nothing else you're probably not going to be able to stop Giegue before he loses his mind. King of the World gives you a power boost similar to Ness' if you overcome the Nightmare, which can greatly speed up the process and bridge the gap more than a little.

To put a number to that, Giegue starts off at level 85 (near-but-not-quite max level) in the brief playable section right after his defeat in Mother 1. So he's stupidly strong, but nowhere near as strong as he's GOING to be. And getting as strong as he's GOING to be is a bad idea since you're effectively lobotomizing yourself via PSI. It's recommended to either help the Applechasers get one of the good endings or stop him before he gets to that point.

Jesus that first 1000cp perk is actually too strong. That is so many good effects bound up in one that it's insane.

With all you need is a hammer, is the only thing affected by the "can hit intangible beings" unarmed attacks? Can you also grapple someone? Do perks which affect "PSI" also affect similar psionics from other jumps?

Cool. I'll read through this and give feedback for anything I feel is good and what I feel could be added. On the list of things that should be on your radar to add though are companions.

And it's pretty much everything I feared about a Generic Isekai jump made manifest.

At least have the decency to not make the Re Monster eating power into a perk when we have a jump for that very series on the way.

What the hell? How? That shit shouldn't affect him at all.

>literally a soulless powergrab
Why am I not surprised.

>At least have the decency to not make the Re Monster eating power into a perk when we have a jump for that very series on the way.
No we don't.

When did it get claimed?

We do. Just because it hasn't been posted in thread doesn't mean it's not on the way. It's dirty to directly take powers from specific places like that anyway.

>we have a jump for that very series on the way.
Since when?

>Why am I not surprised.
Because you consider everything to be a soulless powergrab, especially things that have a lot of soul and aren't particularly powergrabby.

Good to know, thanks.

Yeah, that's probably a really good idea. Tangling with Giygas is not something I'd like to do if I have any other option...

Link or gtfo. I didn't see any claim.

It's a fucking generic and I can name 5 fucking stories where the characters have the same power. Power stealing from eating is not a unique ability in any sense.

>There needs to be a claim or this generic can take stuff directly from an actual series
Seriously

That perk applies to any and all 'brute force' attacks, so muscle-powered weapons do the job just fine, from your fists to a melee weapon or even thrown weapons. Being able to grapple an enemy you normally couldn't counts as long as you're actively trying to hurt them or in combat, though they could break free if they have the strength to do so.

By default Jumpchain rules, things like 'psionics' and 'magic' use the same pool and category, and that's the assumption I roll with when I make jumps. So yeah, it would apply to any psychic or mental-based powers you've got in general.

You claim he can't take inspiration from the series because a jump for it is on the way. Either prove your assertion, or fuck off.

> Giegue starts off at level 85 (near-but-not-quite max level)
Also, like, to put THAT in perspective, the game operates off a system similar-but-not-quite to Earthbound in that after a certain level you just start one-shotting enemies and don't even get experience for it. And that caps out around level 65. Past that, the only place to get any more experience is the very final dungeon, and you're not even expected to do it. Level 60~ish is around where you're expected to be to beat the game.
So Giegue is twenty levels higher than your level is expected to be in the endgame, at the start of the game.

So, basically, while it's totally doable, if you don't have some outside method to speed it up, you'll be grinding your ass off.
Just to note.

>Generics aren't allowed to have anything similar to the things they're based on
Fuck off. I don't want you making a shitty re monster jump anyway, it'd just be garbage if a bitch like you is making it.

Clairvoyance. With doubled growth rate and malleable reality. It's not as immediately useful as using it with premonition precog, for example, but it allows for much more flexibility.

After all, if you can trace back the history of a thing via postcognition, and then use other related abilities to see the surroundings and nearby world as it was at that time? Suddenly you're able to see who made it, who used it, why it was used, and what the person who used it had for lunch.

Esper powers aren't actually conceptual bullshit in their mechanics. It just goes to show that similar enough powers can disrupt each other if they have close enough biggatons.

Alright, thanks.

Which scene?

It doesn't make sense though. Telekinesis should have vectors (force + direction) that Accelerator should be able manipulate/counter.

Sounding like an outlier to me, given the scale of stuff Accelerator has influenced before. At least if this happened at all.

Huh. Well, that's interesting. Guess I'm going to have to do some serious level grinding, in that case. Thanks for the heads up, Konata.

Vector manipulation isn't omnipotent. Why would you think some level 5 Esper could manipulate the vectors of literally anything forever with no limitations as if he isn't a human being supporting psychic powers?

Dude there are isekai where guys basically add the entire fantasy world to their harem, and don't actually have any powers besides that.

>Clairvoyance+Malleable Reality
That shit gets crazy. Like "pull a Cave Johnson/Byakuran and steal plans and ideas from your infinite parallel selves" levels of crazy.

toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Qiong_Qi#Qiong_Qi

Now you see why I liked Kaleidoscope that I went for it twice during the Fate jumps.

>The machine is capable of injuring Accelerator even with Redirection, something he compares to that of Kamijou Touma.
Alright, that's fair. It just didn't seem logical that pure directed force would be able to hurt him.

His vector manipulation is a layer on top of him, if the vector originated from within his own body he wouldn't be able to affect it.

Like I thought, outlier that makes little sense, Not like Raildex doesnt have plotholes so it's par for the course really.

I mean, there are other, weirder things in the than that though in Raildex, like Rensa literally being able to reproduce Imagine Breaker, even though that's ridiculous and shouldn't be possible.

Not really. Esper powers aren't literally infinite in their scope, this isn't news.

Looking real nice, there Tamerai. I'm already feeling hyped for the jump. Thanks for taking it up.

Because you are dumb.
Ha, much wit. So clever.

He can't prove it because he's a mouthing off shitposter.

I'm gonna take Accidental Summon's Cheat Ability. Then I'm gonna go Sentient Item. And I'm gonna be a dildo.

Got the IB, went to boxing classes after

To be honest, I feel like you might be better off separating the Cheat Skills into their own section.

I don't know what you're going to do with the races, but I feel like it'd be better if they were folded into the basic 4 origins. Maybe you could replace or merge the MMO Player origin with a World Traveler, or something like that? Or just add a World Traveler origin, since there's no Drop In.

I just feel like MMO Player is too distinct and specific an origin for a Generic when your other three are Accidental Summon, Chosen Hero, and Reborn. It'd make more sense if you had an effective Drop In World Traveler origin or something like that, then something as specific as MMO Player.

Oh my! My dream of being a sentient Vending Machine are soon to come true! Time to spread hot cocoa, candy and luxury items to people everywhere for a low, low cost!

Also something something blood money joke.

Panties?

Reincarnated as a Pair of Panties wasn't a very good LN. I kid you not, its a thing. Just like Reincarnated as a Vending Machine and Reincarnated as a Sword. Both are amusing and recommended. Panties is not.

You're lying. You have to be lying. Nobody would write that!

>Reincarnated as a Pair of Panties is a thing
I want to say there's no way that could be true, but this is Japan we're talking about here.

I think sometimes I should finish reading Vending machine, but honestly the plot is kind of awkward, but the translation isn't even as far as I managed to get.
Sword is great, currently my favorite, though the current arc is kind of odd, but Fran's self declared rival is kind of fun for a tsundere.

Nah, those suggestions don't make sense. Especially something like World Traveler, which has pretty much nothing to do with isekai.

How effective would your Companions be as a team if they were brought back to the state they were in when you first met them and had to work together without your help?

novelupdates.com/series/panties-reincarnation-im-a-pair-of-panties-so-what/

Have fun. Its...odd.

Well I don't think Vending Machine is done? I think its on going still though it could be done and its the translation thats on going. Honestly I've started to lose interest in it cause I'm not sure where its going at this point.

And yeah, Sword is fun. Haven't read the latest chapters. Last I read, they met a skeleton picking herbs or something.

As well as any Pokemon team would have before meeting their Trainer.

>Especially something like World Traveler, which has pretty much nothing to do with isekai.
What the fuck are you talking about?
Do you even know what Isekai is?
World Travelers have way more to do with Isekai then MMOs.

Clairvoyance + Maleable Reality + Premonition Precog.

Too strong. Not only the precog is powerful to ridiculous levels, but it also comes with post-cognition. Which fit's perfectly with my I KNOW LOTS OF THINGS theme.

Fairly well, though Bass would be a real pain to deal with.

I assume you mean some guy traveling from world to world, as in multiple worlds. This doesn't fit. The other interpretation, traveling from one world to another, is already covered by the other three origins. I mean, I guess it could cover those MCs who just randomly appear in another world one day, but idk how many isekai there are about that

It's a common generic archetype in Isekai though. What, would you prefer I call them 'foreigners'?

I thought the Vending Machine thing was a joke. Just... what?

MMO Player is based on one of the most common themes I've seen besides what Reborn is supposed to be. I'm not sure what I'll do with races, but I'll at least simplify them from what I've got. In regards to drop in, well, they are ALL drop in. MMO currently is the only one that doesn't make sense as a Drop In fluff wise, which is what I plan on changing.

Vending Machine Web Novel is complete, I don't know about the Light Novel, but I lost interest in the story well before I finished reading the WN.

As for Sword, I'm up to date with the WN in japanese, and I'm talking about the current arc of the japanese release being odd, the one that's being translated right now is actually pretty solid. It updates once every 2-3 days, with the author apologizing whenever he switches to updating every three days, so I don't think the translation is going to catch up unless we get a madman to do the translations.

Good taste, especially with Malleable Reality. So many fun ways to use the power to control energy and convert yourself to energy.

>forums.spacebattles.com/threads/general-jumpchain-thread-2.483115/page-1346#post-36147877
Because it's not like this series operates on its own unique metaphysics which mean that you're only visiting emulations of these works and not the "True" setting. It's not like people care about things in a jump besides just which powers you can acquire and how far you can wank them. Like, you know, actually visiting the setting and making it a part of their chain?

Friendly reminder to never treat SBers with even a modicum of respect.

Guess I just never read those.

That doesn't really make sense. Your origin-self would have had a life before he got to the other world. Maybe let people choose whether or not they want to have memories from before their transmigration?