/ccg/ Custom Card General /cct/

>To make cards, download MSE for free from here:
magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
>OR
>Mobile users might have an easier time signing up here:
mtg.design/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Color Pie mechanics
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/mechanical-color-pie-2017-2017-06-05

>Read this before you post cards for the first time, or as a refresher for returning cardmakers
docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Primer: NWO and Redflagging
mtgsalvation.com/forums/community-forums/creativity/custom-card-creation/578926-primer-nwo-redflagging

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Art sources
artstation.com/
drawcrowd.com/
fantasygallery.net/
grognard.booru.org/
fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

Since Legendary Planeswalkers are a thing in three months, I figured I'd play around with non-legendary, non-mythic, and/or artificial PWs.

Also, have a Tibalt.

I dunno if we'll ever see uncommon PWs, but I'm not up on this change where they're adding Legendary to the PW supertype. Yet more Ixalan crap I have to play catch-up on.

I think the ult should be fewer coins flipped, but other than that, it's not bad. Better than the Tibalt we got at any rate.

Okay, so this Augur thing I've been messing with. I don't want to repost the card AGAIN since I've posted it in the last two threads (even though the one just died with 7 posts), but someone mentioned the level of self-mill that you'd be doing with larger Augur numbers, and while red is reckless like that, it still needs to be fun, so what if I just made Augur N into Augur and had it always just peek two, exile one yard the other? Does the fact that it doesn't scale make it too boring at that point? I feel like that might be the case. I will link the card but I don't want to waste an image post on it

Made some Orzhov commanders and a janky land that people will probably want to run as a commander. These may or may not be balanced, worded correctly, or any good, but hopefully it's enough to inject some life into the thread before it dies... again.

>Since Legendary Planeswalkers are a thing in three months
Shit, what did I miss this time? Source?

Tinkered with this a bit. Basically, a twist on Ovalchase Daredevil. I'm hoping that the specific-ness of needing Treasure, instead of triggering on any artifact, justifies the mana cost and P/T as compared to Ovalchase. Oh yeah, and included some art.

>Sarecarn
???

>Ravga
???

>Mourdin
Wording should probably be
>Each creature card in your graveyard has embalm XWB, where X is that card's converted mana cost.
Though Wizards would likely say something like
>Each creature card in your graveyard has embalm. The embalm cost is equal to its mana cost.

>Worldshaper's Plane
Unsure about this, especially when just having P/T equal to the number of lands you control clocks in at about 6 CMC.

>Sarecarn
WB Bitterblossom/10/ At least it's easier to remove. Also it's "his or her".
>Ravga
Eh. I wouldn't use it. I suppose you can pitch lands to it late game but otherwise the cost seems too high for it to interest me. That's just me though.
>Mourdin
>2/5 first strike
Why? The embalm anthem is cool though.
>Plane
so.. a free turn 3 mega land? I'm not sure this is okay. Also can you even make lands into commanders unless they say they can be your commander? I think noncreatures have to specify that.

I'd honestly prefer it if you kept it going from the yard to the field, but re-jiggered the costing or something. It's fine though if you like it better this way.

Okay, I know nobody cares but me, but I'm having fun with Augur. Pitching 5 cards just to get one seems like it sucks, but when you can keep cards cheap, it might just be what you need, and red never cared about cards it didn't need at the moment anyway. I originally costed this at RR but that felt way too good considering on average you're probably peeking at 3-5 cards and getting to pick one, as well as wiping the board of weenie blockers. Maybe I'm going too conservative; I haven't figured out yet how powerful Augur really can be.

Also, I thought I would respond to the comments last thread.
Yeah I figured you were the one that didn't care for it the last time when in your initial response you didn't comment or critique. I guess my only real counter is that I really like red being reckless as all hell, and that's why I went with it. I mean, I'm not so stupid as to keep pushing it if people say it's bad or nobody but me likes it. But I'm not seeing that it's broken or too bad to live yet, so... I guess we'll see.

(cont)

Sarecarn originally had a tap ability that could only work as a sorcery, but I felt like neither ability was so good that it needed that and instead went for a design that "teaches" tapping during other player's turns, and/or a commander that can bluff with open mana a little easier. There's a "plays with exile" subtheme on all the cards, and Sarecarn is a token-making gy hatebear, kind of.

Ravga's a bit uninspired, I was going for a voltron/swingy option in WB. Not having any upside for "getting in" is a bit of a mistake, I'm not sure. Combat-oriented WB commander to contrast the other two, one of which doesn't want to tap anywhere near your turn and the other of which doesn't really care one way or another.

Mourdin's a bit difficult because I want that intentional increase in mana cost. I get that making players pay the printed cost tends to stop things from breaking (ala Flash Hulk), but I think appending that extra WB might still be a good idea. Still, the wording probably isn't perfect.

>Worldshaper's Plane
Eh, for WUBRG, I think I can get away with one mana "below" the standard cost. I mean, I could make it 1WUBRG,but eh. Feels like it's still more a Timmy thing than anything else.

I kinda wish this was just a 2/2 for 2 with the upside, although maybe that's too good for uncommon. Most of my stuff is rare or higher, so my ideas tend to be a little skewed.

Admittedly Sarecarn comes out to be a little more powerful than I wanted. I actually forgot I took out the Ophiomancer condition (as in, you can only ever have one spirit), sometime before removing the sorcery speed restriction on the tap. Whoops.

>Mourdin
The art feels "tanky", knights tend to get relevant combat keywords, and he does give himself vigilance. Mostly so he's a little better as a blocker.

>Plane
It's true that the restriction on usage might be too weak. I really don't know where to balance lands, I just really didn't want to do something that entered tapped because everything enters tapped.

(cont)

>bouncing lands
I can see that, especially after Kamigawa made it a Moonfolk thing, but I think green's being the primary land color, especially basic lands, means it should be able to get away with it I think. That is, if you decide to go that route; it's your card after all.
>augur
Yeah the reminder text would change like it does with Scry depending on the quantity of cards. As far as card advantage goes, yeah I saw Explore... was I wrong when I thought I saw it on a black card? That seems out of color to me. But then again, doing set-wide mechanics seems to give things a bit of a pass when it's thematic, at least when WotC does it anyway. I I agree it feels like a mostly red mechanic, but we've had sets where each color got its own mechanic, so I guess depending on the set it could be okay. I also see it potentially bleeding over into black and blue, since blue originally had impulse draw and black seems to be able to crib a lot of things regarding card advantage that red and blue get, so... potential bleed, but I don't do sets anymore so I guess we'll probably never know.
>Presence
The nontoken rider is strange. How do you spin this to your advantage in that case?

Anyone else immediately think of the user who made tap abilities with Exert? Granted, this is a bit different, and better in my opinion, but still.

>I kinda wish this was just a 2/2 for 2 with the upside, although maybe that's too good for uncommon. Most of my stuff is rare or higher, so my ideas tend to be a little skewed.
It would probably need a downside in that case. I actually think I might change it to recur to the battlefield, but change the rest to be more balanced.

>Explore... was I wrong when I thought I saw it on a black card? That seems out of color to me. But then again, doing set-wide mechanics seems to give things a bit of a pass when it's thematic
Personally, I feel like Explore is basically like Landfall, so I don't see any problem with it. Everything needs lands, so everything can benefit from lands.

Oh hey, they did it after all. Nice. They did it better than me, and so did the other user that was messing with it, but I'm glad they branched out with Exert.
>Explore
I mean I'm fine with it too; ultimately because it's WotC's game and they can do what they want, but that also means ramp in white and blue; colors that should never have it, and I'm not sure it should be in either of those colors. Probably just me though.

New version. Another idea is to sac a Treasure and pay some mana to recur it.

Is it really ramp though? I mean, the land goes to the hand, not onto the battlefield. So it can't really ramp by itself. Unless I misunderstand the idea of ramp.

>ramp
Well, what would you call it? I mean it does net you extra land, even if it's delayed. I don't even know what you'd call it; that's what I get when I don't play competitively I guess.
>Seeker
I think you can keep it recurring when you gain a Treasure, and adding the "can't block" bit brought it in line. I think it just might be okay considering Bloodghast, but when one considers how goddamn strong Bloodghast was... I dunno, I think it'd need playtesting to be sure. A 3/2 is a lot less fragile than a 2/1, but Treasures aren't something that would be happening as often as Landfall, at least I would think.

We probably have enough Curses now to make this viable. I'm not sure I like it tutoring for the Curse though; I like the idea of being limited to what's in your hand, even if that makes the Witchblade cheaper. Course it's your card, you do you.

What would be a draw spell be like based on Delver of Secrets?

Blegh. Trying to get across the idea of, well, a blacksmith. Wondering if I should just ditch the tokens and have it do something with actual Equipment cards though.

Very odd wording on the tutor. Seems OK otherwise.

Check out Flamewright and see if you can't get any ideas off that effect. Alternately, give all equipment an additional global buff, or give equipped creatures a buff, or search up equipment or something.

It's a Friday night and I'm at home, making fake, joke MtG cards with cartoon tits on them.

I regret nothing.

>tits! doesn't give a character breasts
wasted opportunity

I guess not everyone can understand and appreciate my subtle, nuanced humor. Such a shame.

Oh, I understood it, and your sarcasm, I just think your attempt was SHIT.
>card not:
>Enchant Creature
>All other creatures enchanted creature's owner controls do not untap during it's controller's uptap step.
>Forecast WW, Reveal Tits!: Each opponent discards a card.
>"Sproing."

WASTED
OPPORTUNITY

>discard
>costs white mana
Wat. Nah bro, that's shit.

Wasted opportunity AND color pie violation. Typical frogposter.

Don't you know?? Nothing makes sense anymore!

It must have blown your mind when we got white Zombies in Amonkhet.

It did! Check out this pic snapped of me at that very moment!

Goodnight, ded thred. I'm sure we'll re-create you in the morning.

The land is a bit too good. Should probably make it only tap for mana if you control three different basic lands, and animate at a slightly higher cost.
The Scry 2 clause is orphaned. Make sure it relates to the ETB clause (e.g. "blah blah effect, *then* Scry 2"), as it's a creature, not an instant/sorcery.

Would you spend two mana for "target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn. Scry 2.?"

Honestly this should be a 3/3 or grant a bigger turn bonus, like +4/+2.

>I regret nothing.
Me neither. Anyway, not untapping seems OK, but the Forecast feels tacked on.

Red version of Courtly Provocateur basically. Thinking of making it interact with or generate Treasure. Or maybe Pirate tribal.

It's an odd idea.

the other version didn't let them choose, but it was hellishly wordy... also felt a bit too R with the chaos.

er, this version

This card basically already exists in the form of Moonring Mirror.

Change the wording on the ability to say something like "At the beginning of each upkeep you may exile your hand. If you do then put all other cards exiled with [CARDNAME] into your hand."

I like the mirror wording better. This is for all players though.

Fixed, thanks.

I was working off Yeva's Forcemage, so it's only G more for the scry 2, which sounded appropriate. Given what Primal Forcemage can do though, +3/+3 might be possible.

God dammit the Forecast bit is my favorite part of that card. It figures that I'm the only one that likes is and that nobody gets it except a troll.
>that filename
Wait so you're not /CO/user? Eh, either way card seems the same as the last time I saw it.

I like it. If you wanted to re-jigger it to use Treasure or generate it somehow, you could put a mana cost on the second ability and flavor it like she stole some of that guy's shit after whatever it is she did to prevent him from blocking. Since red gets rituals, that should be fine, since it technically translates as mana filtering. I'd avoid tribal, but that's a personal thing.

Not him, but it can't be that hard to modify the wording to suit your needs, if you like it that way. Aside from that, I like the first one better because it's simpler. Ease of groking is a good thing.

Also what is it with people using "their" as a replacement for "his or her"? Magic is programming language, and you can't change it to suit your fancy until WotC changes how the source code works. Gotta toe the line with the rest of us, user.

>top-down
>art-based
Yeah this hits all the bases of being probably lame.

Page 10 bump. Not even sure it's worth keeping the thread alive at this point.

You don't need rules text to allow a player to play cards from their hand, since that's something you can usually do.

Also, what happens if there's more than one copy in play? As I understand it you'd need to win every flip to play from your hand, but I'm not sure if that's how it's intended to work.

Maybe have a look at Duplicity, and then do something like that but with a coin flip in charge of whether you swap hands.

I'm around if anyone else is. But it doesn't really seem like anyone else is. Might as well give some folks that got glossed over some feedback.

We'll see this or something like it when they have the Jacetice League finally give Bolas his comeuppance. I wonder if they'll be ballsy enough to kill him off and bring in a new foe or if they'll have him escape and hide so he can plot once more.

I should have given this feedback earlier. I question why a blacksmith has double strike, but I guess he's one of those "heroes who also has a degree in arts and crafts" kinds of dudes. Greece was full of them, so too should Theros be. I mean, I have to admit; I don't like Partner because I feel like most Partner cards are forced to be underwhelming due to the nature of the keyword. Honestly, if this got printed, the Equipment token would probably cost 2 to attach since it's colorless and basically a permanent +1/+1 counter that can get passed around. Plus artifact synergy. Now, having said that, I just think that's what WotC would do. I've made cards that create Equipment tokens too, and I had them the same way you have this one, so I'm not saying it's wrong. It's balanced, I think.

Okay so what's going on here? What's up with Codex? I don't think this is balanced, since you can build up a pretty significant pool of cards before you sac it, but I could be wrong. Also how does this relate to Delver? I assume you mean the second version, because it cares about instants and sorceries. It's probably the more balanced of the two.

Aaand that's it for stuff that's not mine.

What the fuck does that fucking say. I can... roughly get that it's a legendary white 3/2 for 3, a vamp cleric, and it makes tokens... but just... how?

Whenever one or more nontoken Vampires you control attack, create a 1/1 white Vampire creature with lifelink.

Mufufuf Fufuf, Dark Apostle?
?W
Legendary Creature - Vampire Cleric
Whenever one or more nontoken Vampires you control attack, create a 1/1 white Vampire creature token with lifelink.
2/2

I sure hope that's not in a set with 3-5 color cards. Otherwise, it's a pretty cool fixer for Temur decks. Maybe consider a cycle?

>Wait so you're not /CO/user?
Nah, that was me. I phone/tablet-post a lot, which means there are many times I want to post one of my cards that I don't have on my device, so I just download something I've already uploaded from 4plebs. Honestly kinda surprised nobody's ever called me out on this before. I only posted it to show my take on boobpower, the card is sitting in my finished folder now.

> you could put a mana cost on the second ability and flavor it like she stole some of that guy's shit after whatever it is she did to prevent him from blocking
Interesting idea. Though I think I'll go in my own direction with it, this did inspire me, so thanks.

>card
Eh... just feels kinda... janky? Is that the right word? Just doesn't feel like a very elegant design. Honestly, I think I'd just like it more like tap to make a standard token, than tap and Exert to make a better token.

>I should have given this feedback earlier.
And I thank you for your feedback. This guy is actually another card I'm making based on a pre-existing Magic character. The Partner here is so he works with another card I'm making, and together they make the main characters of Emonberry Red, a Magic story I liked a lot. It's basically Romeo and Juliet: Gay Edition. Unfortunately, the characters don't give me a whole lot to go on. There's a guy studying magic, and another guy who's a blacksmith, but ultimately wants to be a soldier. Guess which one this is. I think I'll try to make their abilities synergize with each other, maybe in some way that lets one focus on artifacts and the other focus on enchantments, I dunno.

>card
...I dunno, I'm just trying to see how that last ability could possibly be better than Lifelink.

I think it'd be a fine card or cycle of cards for a cube or /ccg/ set but if balance with the game as a whole is a concern this thing genuinely appears to me to be OP. If it only did two colors it might be alright, since it'd just be a conditional filter land that doesn't ETB tapped, and can also make colorless.

>boobpower
Gotcha. I can't even post from my phone; reCaptcha doesn't work on my browser for some reason.
>Wench
That's fair, I just toss out ideas. I don't like trying to change cards from what the creator is trying to do with them initially, and/or try to preserve the spirit of what they do as best I can if it does need changing.
>finder
It's top-down garbage I farted out to make a post, since unless the thread is hopping I don't like posting without a card. Your suggestion would make it a better card.
>Theros dudes
Oh yeah, those guys. I don't read the novels or anything for MtG but I know a bit about the lore of each set from articles and such, and I heard about this pair. I think it was definitely handled better than Narset or Alesha in terms of "diversity". Makes sense to make them as a Partner pair then.
>Hoarder
It's not better or as good on purpose. It's already a reasonably efficient card; black getting a 3/3 for 4 is pretty good, and it being 3B and not 2BB is even better, which is what most black 3/3s with upsides are on a cursory look. I had Bloodbond Vampire in mind when I was making it.

I don't really see anything out of order here. It's just going to be a 4/5 beater most of the time, and Flying and Trample are a bit redundant, but it's draftable.

Okay so, apparently this is a thing I just made. I have no idea how to approach balancing this, so I figured I'd toss it up and see if I missed too hard or if anyone has any ideas. I'm also not sure about the wording of the exile ability, or if I should break it up into two.

It forgets X once it has entered the battlefield.

So I have to make it an additional cost to cast? Fug. I ran out of room in my post but I was going to ask about that specifically, but had to settle for what I typed, which kinda included that.

>So I have to make it an additional cost to cast?
Still forgets it.
>When ~ enters the battlefield, pay X. Exile X...

Bleh, sorry for posting this thing again. Decided to change it so it has at least some use outside of needing Treasure.

>reCaptcha doesn't work on my browser for some reason.
Yeah, you told me that before. Phoneposting still works for me, but it's becomes an absolute pain recently, since for some reason my phone lags to high heaven. I m a g i n e h a v i n g t h e t e x t s l o o o o o o w d o w n l i k e t h i s a l l t h e t i m e .

>I don't read the novels or anything for MtG
I haven't either, but as far as I can tell, everything after the end of the Weatherlight series is utter shit. Special mention goes to the Zendikar and Scars books written by Wintermute, who honestly seems like a college freshman who just finished his first writing course. But beyond shit writers, you have the obvious problem where the official canon gives the middle finger to the spinoff novels all the time because nobody gives a fuck about continuity (Injustice 2, I'm looking at you). Besides, they don't even really make novels anymore. Probably because they realized what a fucking waste of money they are.

>I think it was definitely handled better than Narset or Alesha in terms of "diversity".
Agreed. Alesha makes me shrug. I'll never understand why transgender stuff would ever be a big deal in a setting where fucking magic exists. Like, just polymorph yourself or whatever. And Narset made me want to shoot myself. Just the laziest stereotypes associated with autism ever. I hope she never shows up again.

>card
What the other guy said. I'd say just make it cost UR and change the ability to
>When ~ enters the battlefield, you may pay X. If you do, exile the top X cards of your library.
Oh yeah, and I didn't notice how the pump worked the first time, but it should be a separate ability.
>~ gets +1/+0 for each card exiled with it.
And for the last ability, you only get to cast a single card?

Making it work outside a Treasure set is a pretty good idea. I'm on the fence about balance, but mechanically it seems in a good place.
>Psychemancer
Okay, re-tooling time, as per you and . And yeah, just one card. I was worried about balance since you get a lot to choose from, potentially. Do you think it can be more?

>Do you think it can be more?
No. One card is plenty.

That's what I figured, good. At least I did something right with it to start.

One seems OK... but maybe return the card to its owner's hand instead?

Why's that, as opposed to being able to play it? I mean I guess it gives you the flexibility of being able to hold onto it, but that seems like an awful lot of value. Maybe I'm being too conservative, though seems to think it's alright.

Oh hey, I made something similar to that a bit back. Monoblack though, and could grab any card. Just one card though. Someone said it could be red... was that you?

>Why's that, as opposed to being able to play it?
Bomat Courier. Too tired to make sense, sorry.

Fucking hell, people were saying they were worried that Eternalize would be a Megamorph version of Embalm, and others said it wouldn't be possible since Amonkhet isn't using +1/+1 counters. Yet, here we are, Mega-embalm.

Still tinkering around with this. Got some feedback a few weeks ago and thought it over, so here I am to get more feedback.

Wasteland Guide is interesting.
I'm sure there's better wording for Hunting Companions
I don't care too much for 0 power profane creatures.
Or white Devils.
Or cards with memory issues like Wasteland Orphan. Just have it check for Island/Mountains, or blue/red permanents.
Anansi should specify which creature gains wither. You are also going to get a lot of flak for spiders without reach, as well as wither in white.

Truly the God Pharaoh is our greatest ally and would only see good done to his people.

>I'm sure there's better wording for Hunting Companions
Me too, but I'm not sure what it would be.

>I don't care too much for 0 power profane creatures.
Noted. The -1/-1 counter downside probably isn't enough if the creature has no power to begin with.

>Or white Devils.
You probably won't like that White is generally ran by a white Demon and a religion that worships it either.

Never really understood why Devils and Demons can't be other colors, but Angels and other "mana born" beings can exist outside their colors just fine.

>Or cards with memory issues like Wasteland Orphan. Just have it check for Island/Mountains, or blue/red permanents.
This is a good idea, thanks. I don't know why I didn't think of it.

>Anansi should specify which creature gains wither. You are also going to get a lot of flak for spiders without reach, as well as wither in white.
Every spider having reach makes them boring creatures though. They generally have "Reach" and nothing else or some one-off ability that isn't even all that strong. It seems to limit their design space considerably.

As for the wither, it felt like it's a flavorful way for white to get wither. It should be noted that the set features a large number of Demons.

Wow, leave for an hour and all these posts.

I'm on the fence if you need that "if you control @" bit. It has shroud so how would its owner ever steal it back? I guess if it get Zedruu'd but then the owner is the controller, and I'm pretty sure he'd be willing to reveal his hand to cast something for free every turn. It's a neat idea, but since it's automatic it'd probably have to cost a lot more. A deck running it never has to attack you, more than likely, so getting rid of him is going to be a nightmare unless you can sac it to pay a cost.

This would be a ton more interesting to me personally if it had Vigilance, but as it is, it seems fine. I'm not very good at costing Vehicles, sadly.

"leaves the battlefield". This is pretty powerful. I think it'd be pretty easy to build around with Flashback and Madness.

I've been in most of these threads lately and I don't recognize this symbol. Huh. Anyway...
>01
Seems fine. The mana cost is really necessary here.
>02
"unless the creature it's paired with attacks or blocks" I think.
>03
Seems like a set-centric utility card. Not much to say. Gideon's Lawkeeper says this is fine.
>04
I agree with the other user that Profane on a 0 power creature is just cheap-feeling. There is no real drawback.
>05
Since you have cards that check for U and R, having this cost W to fly feels off.
>06
I'd go 2/2 here.
>07
I'm not that big of a type nazi, but Demon would make more sense in white. They are less chaotic than Devils and make for a better match, I think. Unless of course there's a reason for this. I assume it'd have something to do with white being soft-paired in Jeskai colors?
>08
I agree with the other user here.
>09
I'd make this activate only once each turn.
>10
I think separate sentences here for the removal and life gain. It tentatively seems fine but I'm leery of creatures with over 4 toughness at common outside green.
>11
Probably fine.
>12
Change "it" to "~". Wither? eh...

I like the combination of Raid and Morbid here. Proper rarity, mana cost seems fine. I think the only change I would make is making it a sorcery.

I have to say I like Eternalize better than Megamorph, but doing the "previous set's mechanic but BIGGER!" thing twice in the last four sets feels cheap.

>crew 2
>power 1
0/10 not pottery. Amusing though.

It's too easy to kill, I feel. Most players will have two creatures with three power between them by turn 4, even if draft.

I chuckled. That said, the actual effect is pretty awesome.

I feel like this is more like an old school black card along the lines of those pseudo-Lifelink spells like Vicious Hunger.

WotC is so odd with Deathtouch creatures that have other keywords on them. I was going to say this would probably be a 2/3. but actually, nah, they'd print this.

Ahh. I see what you were expecting. I can understand that.

Fug, wrong version. I didn't want to push white Reach.

Cute.

>I've been in most of these threads lately and I don't recognize this symbol. Huh. Anyway...
Symbol was just made today, before it was just the square.

>I'm not that big of a type nazi, but Demon would make more sense in white. They are less chaotic than Devils and make for a better match, I think. Unless of course there's a reason for this. I assume it'd have something to do with white being soft-paired in Jeskai colors?
The plane consists/consisted of a stack of three worlds, a "heavenly" world, a "mortal" earth-like world, and a "hellish" world. Each has/had its own independent 5-color ecosystem. Within the last two-odd centuries, the mortal world collapsed into the hellish world below it.

Since the underworld was a fully functioning 5-mana realm, it has a demonic prince that governs each color, and I thought that since Devils are supposed to be manifested from demonic "desires" I could get away with bleeding them into other colors, as each color has its own demons.

Thanks for the feedback regardless.

I like the flavor, though I feel it should only be a 2/2.

Well in MtG, Devils are red and Demons are black, for the most part. You seem to be freely mixing and matching them. I don't mind personally, but you may find some REEEEing over it. Just fair warning.

Thanks user.

>01
This is a neat take on ramp. I like it. If we can get Arbor Elf, we should be able to have this. "Land card" though, I think?
>02
Wither is certainly more at home in green than white.
>03
On the fence. I think it's okay, but I have to say, I don't much care for Profane so far. I feel like I'd much prefer a mechanic that reacts to having -1/-1 counters with a bonus to compensate for it instead. But it's your show, and if this is what you prefer regarding how it works, then I'll do my best to just review what you present and not interject my personal quibbles.
>04
Probably fine, but quite good.
>05
Too complex for common, I feel. It toes the line as allowable under NWO. If you don't care about that, then no other complaints. It's so hard to use I can't really see it being much more than a 2/3 for 3.
>06
This can cost 2G if you want it to.
>07
Again, memory issues. Check for Plains and Swamps, as the other user suggested. Probably should have fixed that before you posted this.
>08
Forgot your ~ to keep the cardname straight. Menace and trample are kinda redundant, but at least much less so than trample and flying. Feels kinda like a diet Monstrosity card.
>09
Trample and reach together create a design conflict. Is it a defensive creature or offensive? Without vigilance, swinging with a Reach creature feels bad because you lose a blocker. Having Reach on a trampler feels bad because you want to swing with it, but it says "I'm a blocker". I'd make it a 4/4, but other than that, I think it's fine. Potentially a 4/5, but that might make it even more confusing.
>10
Eh, it works. Keep an eye on it though; it dropping in the very late game might prove to be too much.
>11
Fatty fat fat. Just fine by me; bit odd at common though.

I was on the fence about that too. If I get more feedback in that direction I'll switch it up.

Oh I like that one. Pumps, cantrips, lifegain, and all on flavor? Excellent.

>Ava's Demon

Thanks, user! I totally forgot about that comic. Time to play catch-up.

Very odd card. So the aim here is to basically turn Outlast into a kicker if you want it? Well, a slightly late Kicker, but still. Also meshes really well with anything that has Outlast and Vigilance.

I like this card, but I feel like the death trigger should be reversed so it reads a bit more clearly. A new player might look at that and go "okay, I gain life equal to the toughness of the card I drew... wait, this is an instant..."

Last one from me tonight, I think. Glad the thread picked up for a bit; that was nice. I'm not as happy with this as would like, but I think I'm just tired and not able to put as much thought into it as I'd like. And no that's not a typo; "riven" means something that's been split. So I decided these barbarians lived in a forested valley nestled in the cleft of a mountain chain called "the Riven". And they don't like outsiders. I don't know WHY I come up with lore for one-off cards, but there you go.

I like it, but those costs need to be increased. This would become a big staple in Planechase EDH. Hell, even in normal EDH that second ability alone is just great on a colorless spell. Breya players would adore this.

Compare to Skarrg/Gruul Guildmage. It's probably fine, but just consider tweaking those ability costs.

>doing the "previous set's mechanic but BIGGER!" thing twice in the last four sets feels cheap.
What were the other times this happened?

Interesting. Needs a few wording changes. And I'm not sure about the last ability. Just feels... uncreative? I just feel like pumping the Clues like this is too easy, I guess. Maybe the Clues get counters when they attack? "Bolster", so maybe grant Indestructible?

Slight update of a card I did a while ago. Made for Pirate user's set, repost for Ixalan seemed appropriate. And yeah, I do kinda hope that Treasure appears on some cards and not just on tokens. Dunno why, but I feel like it could make for some interesting flavor to certain cards.

Seems OK. Needs a lot of wording help though.
>1: ~ becomes a copy of target creature with a mimic counter on it, except its name is still ~, it's legendary in addition to its other types, and it gains this ability and "T: Put a mimic counter on target creature."
Cleanest I can make it.

Still not a fan, sorry. Though I never noticed this before, why does it have more G in its cost than R?

No idea if this is good or not, sorry. But I think you could reword to something like
>Choose a card name, then reveal the top three cards of your library. If one or more of those cards has the chosen name, put those cards into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order. Otherwise, exile those cards.
I think.

Yeah my wording is usually pretty awful, I just make up the cards when they come to mind and then post them here every now and then. . My sense of power scale is off to since I play mostly casual EDH and most of my cards tend to be for that whether I mean for them to be or not.

Flavor and neat mechanics are the end game for me because making those kinds of cards into working decks is fun