/tcg/ general

BOOSTER BOX EDITION

LAST TIME ON /tcg/ incase you ever wanted to know what there is here
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_collectible_card_games

Wanna talk to a bunch of nerds at once?
Here: discord.gg/MEGakH3 (currently 8 people in it.)

>What's your main TCGs
>How many have you played?
>What do you wish came back?
>What do you wish had a game?

Need advice?
Looking to play?

(If you're looking to play in something put your UN/discord ID in the name for quicker find)

As for me:
Does anyone else play Dice Masters on and off?

Other urls found in this thread:

pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/pokemon-tcg-format-rotation-for-2017/
pokebeach.com/forums/threads/standard-meta-tier-list.138572/
dragoborne.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

tournament with prizes when

!

Debating getting back into pokemans, what's currently legal, and can I build a viable deck around Typhlosion?

pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/pokemon-tcg-format-rotation-for-2017/ are the current sets for standard.

pokebeach.com/forums/threads/standard-meta-tier-list.138572/

Here is the current meta decks and their contents.

I haven't played PTCG since Speed Tyranitar days back in 2009, but I too am considering playing again.

Yeah I've been reading through those.

I haven't played since gen II and stopped collecting after EX Sandstorm, so I was wondering if my Typhlosion EX was still legal.

Oh shit, you're from the HGSS era aren't you?

I had a Typhlosion deck myself. It was dope. IT was when you could do some serious damage with him and you could draw most of your deck in like 3 turns. IF I remember right, the rotation is ever 6 months.

You guys should consider PTCG Online

It most definitely is not, but I imagine you can still play friendlies with it.

>HGSS
More like GSC era. I played the TCG more on the game boy game than in person.

Yeah I figured.

I'll have to see if there's a legal reprint of him then. Same with Houndoom and Arcanine.

I never got the chance to play that. I always wanted too. I could get it on my phone and emu it.

Holy fuck the Breakthrough Typhlosion Art is baller.

It was a lot of fun. That, yellow, crystal, and pinball were my shit.

I want to play pokemon, but I don't like having to grind for cards.

Yeah, Stormfront release is when I picked up again and played for a few years.

That was when Claydol ran for $60+ because it was an insane search engine.

Ran Weavile SW for Dark Energy harvesting, stack up special Dark Energy, and have Tyranitar Tail Swipe for 70 damage, or Grind for 120+ by turn 4.

Ran a couple of Sableye SF for some lucky turn one donks.

You could have a Tyranitar on field with 3 special dark energies by turn 3 and was incredibly consistent.

Buying specific ones online is cheaper than fishing in boosters.

I have a Yugioh deck but stopped playing it for the most part since links suck. I'm getting into Vanguard now, and lamenting the lack of stores that sell it.
I've played Yugioh, Vanguard, and a bit of Duel Masters when I was a kid.
Don't really wish anything came back, but would like to find online sources for Vanguard singles.
Can't really think of any series I'd want to see a TCG for.

>marshadow+delinquent

Well I think i'm going to avoid pokemon for now.

Maybe I'll find someone to play Gen I and II with or something.

I've been collecting precons for different games. stopped playing yugioh but new six sams support means i might hop back in even thou i hate links. anyone play the naruto tcg? picked up a box and thinking about trying to draft it

Guys, don't let my thread die if I'm not around!

>naurto TCG
Nigga!
Yeah, I did when it was around. Sad it died, but their mistake of all time was that they tried too hard to change cards up all the time. I remember 1 card was said to have 1 effect then it was changed and everyone lost their shit. I think it was a Hinata or Ino card. I'm not sure.

>Stormfront

I don't rember that, I played near the end of the games life and enjoyed it, sadly it died but the good news is that I can amass a collection for cheap. I really want it to come back, I love games that you can draft. still happy I can have my sound ninja deck.

So who's tried designing a TCG here? How far'd you get?

Wow. I remember getting a Charmeleon card in Nintendo power, before the game was out in the U.S. and the game was being hyped up. I don't remember when I stopped collecting cards, but it was years before dark and steel were basic energy types. And holy shit nothing ever even approached those power levels.

I thought about throwing a deck together to play with coworkers between Magic games, but never did. I'd be that guy who three as many of his favorites into a deck like the casual loser he is (kind of like how I play Magic...).

Currently prototyping one in Tabletop Sim with some friends. It's still in the very early stages of development but coming from a background in video game dev it's refreshing working with something where you can make changes to the rules and systems completely on the fly. We've borrowed heavily from Pokemon and King of Tokyo but it's shaping up to be its own little thing.

You can make a pretty viable deck with that boy, too. Just go ham with around 30 fire energy in your deck, some rare candies to speed up your eco, and then supporters like N and Brock to put energy back into your deck after discarding. Hit big numbers and win the prize trade.

Yeah, 2bh, I wouldn't mind cont to play it, having some of my old friends to play it. Hell, I wouldn't mind playing Boruto the TCG. But that won't happen. I had played it up to the point of it being dead. Walking into my old favorite store, the owner said "Dude, that game died like 6 months ago"
So now I have all my cards in a box that were practically dead. The only ones I have left over are a few I'm keeping. I don't feel like keeping them. I personally wanna burn them at least.

ahah i had a couple friends that played but that fell off fast, my town is shit, we have had like 3 locals, one is gone for good now its just the 2. sadly the newest one plays something other then magic at least and is casual enough that you wont get made fun off because of your card choice. dont burn it man, send it to me instea i can use it for deck building. i wont to say boruto the tcg wont happen but man alot of things that i thought wouldent happen are, so i will hope for it to at least be a thing

that game has been dead and gone for like 3 years. There's no point. Plus, I think dog piss got on them...

I've played like 12 card games and hope to see the ones I love stay. One of my main right now is Dice Masters and I hope Wizards finds a way to keep it around

ive heard goods things about that game, just not too much of a fan of it, what games have you played? i mostly jsut play edh now not much else here

Aw lawdy.
Pokemon, yugioh, naruto, FMA, L5R, Dice masters, Bleach, hearthstone, MLP, force of will, and Harry Potter. I THINK That's all of them. I've played some games on Android but they all sucked cause all you did was tap the screen. You didn't even play. All you did was sit there... -.-

thats a whole lot of different tcgs. how was fma? i keep wanting to try it out

I don't really remember. I was too young at the time. The cards were interesting but I could never actually figure out how to play it.

tfw game that was dead on arrival

At least I snagged booster boxes for dirt cheap when it died. Literally $1 packs when the announcement of the game being dead came up.

>approached those power levels.
And this typhlosion is actually pretty weak in the current meta.

>six sams
You shouldn't come back, you don't deserve to come back and we don't want you back you fucking scum.

Yeah Typhlosion is one of the few decent budget decks at the moment. You probably won't win a tournament with it but you should have fun with it.

Digging through the /vp/ general and the current meta, I think ill stay out for now.

What's wrong with Six Samurai?

>So who's tried designing a TCG here? How far'd you get?
Played around with some ideas but nothing very substantial.

Feels pretty pointless designing a TCG anyways. Unless you have a community of people discussing strategies and building decks, and an evolving state of card releases, you lose a lot of the fun.

Are there any games that try to emulate the feel of a cube draft? I've been thinking it might be cool to have some kind of game like that. Maybe everyone drafts decks, and then you have some kind of meta-plot with each player moves around a map and duel each other or solitaire "AI" opponents.

Anyone remember this game?

>So who's tried designing a TCG here? How far'd you get?
Does a skirmish/tcg hybrid count?

yo user you willing to trade some of that?

don't be an ass you autistic fuck

My local store stocks dice masters, I know nothing about it. Sell me on it?

Anyone here play the final fantasy card game? seems to have caught on and converted a lot of magic players in my area

yes I got a couple starters, game is similar to mtg, but instead of lands you have backwords and forwords, backwards are your lands but when you play them they come into play tapped, forwards are creatures. you pay for cards by discarding cards from your hand, equal to the cards cost including one card of its colar. spells are spells from mtg pretty much. it's really not that much different but it's seems a bit slower to me

Dice Masters is a game based on 2 things, dice and cards. There are several sets currently out. DC, Marvel, DnD, TMNT, and Yugioh. You can mix all the cards in various orders and make a team of 8. However, to play the game properly, you need to pick up a starter deck for the main sidekick dice. You don't use a full 60 cards in this. Instead of drawing cards, you draw dice. You place all your dice in a bag (I use a crown royal bag) and mix them up and choose 4 at a time. The role them. You then use what the dice give you. Place them where needed. (I'm still getting the game down too)

You can make a team of all villains, all heroes, all sidekicks, various different combos. The best teams are the ones that you make! Personally, I have 2 different teams, 1 Gotham team, and 1 Avengers team.

>Tried Rumbling Spell Orchestra with an user yesterday. Slower than I imagined it would be, but no doubt some of that was the fact that it was my first time playing and reading/rereading cards in Lackey can be a chore. Mostly got stomped, but it's a cool idea I'd like to try out some more sometime.
Yeah it gets a lot faster once you learn to recognize cards.

You can find Vanguard singles on tcgplayer and trollandtoad.

```Discord Member list count: 9```

Yeah, I used trollandtoad to buy a bunch of the singles I replaced cards in my trial deck with. I took a look into tcgplayer today, which is pretty good for options.

I'd really like to find more places in my area that sold the cards though, maybe have some tournaments and find other players though. I have a couple friends I play with, but I just want more.

Any one tried out Duelingnexus.com?

I got that impression. After I wrap my head around what spells are concentrated versus spread, what has protection or penetrate, what had focused or unfocused movement, etc., it seems like the games go by pretty quick. Save for fighting against grindy or healy decks. Drop spells, beat 20 damage I to someone, next game.

So playing a series of monsters/characters, powering them up, and king of the hilling better than your opponent. Sounds like a neat idea actually.

>kind of pointless
I mean yeah, unless you plan to release it somehow and keep it updating its just a thing to do if you like designs. But I'm in the same boat as far as never having gotten very far into one. Really rough testing on a game where you either break all your opponent's things or get them chased out of town as a witch.

>competitive single player
I think I mentioned this idea last thread, but a game where you dungeon crawl against another "party" would be cool. You'd have a party of characters, and your deck would be events, loot, and monsters you find. Main issue is making sure the dangerous stuff gets thrown at your opponent while you nab the helpful/easy encounters.

Skirmish?

What is that?

It's an online yugioh like dueling network, I dunno if it's good or not but I'm going to try it out I guess.

>Skirmish?
Small, squad based, war games. Currently testing a prototype where you command a four man team against other players. We're still designing/developing different cards and resource pools, have messed around with different game/victory types (Death Match, CTF, KotH, Push, etc), and have yet to get to the point where we're producing or commissioning art.

Each actor is represented as a token. We've got deploy-able equipment, items, and support cards.

Currently toying with stealth mechanics, and using covert sabotage as fluff for mill.

>11 PM
ah so you want the thread to die?

its 3:17 am were i live

same

no no the last post before mine

SoCal?

Arizona

So here's what I just made. what do yall think?

Do you want my casual opinion or my slightly less casual opinion?

go for broke user

I don't feel like typing a lot right now, so

It's pretty bad.

*is offended*
*starts to rage and flips the table*

>The Wicked Avatar is on the field
>play Copycat and copy its ATK
>Copycat's stats are simultaneously equal to and 100 points lower than Avatar's causing a paradox
>our duel field explodes

I really liked the Harry Potter tcg back in the day. I really only played with a cousin and a friend but we liked the books and it was great all around, we scoured pojo for cards. Too bad it got cancelled, i think it caught up in popular culture with the movies but the game didnt last that long.

Yeah, we're still messing around with a lot of stuff but it's slowly becoming something fun. It's themed like a wacky smash bros/vs game fighting tournament in which you compete for center stage as much as you compete to win the fight. You can perform attacks to damage your opponent or stage stunts and fan service to boost your appeal and audience size.

>Does anyone else play Dice Masters on and off?
Bought them two days ago. It is a dead game in my area but fuck me running - DnD cards and dice look amazing. I will just play it with my gf as a stand-alone game. I could buy a bigger model for AoS but I'm a weak man tho

yup live near sac

Shödinger's avatar?

Friends told me it was basically that of magic

Maybe you could get more people into it. You could be the leader of them all :O
I did that at my card shop with magic. I got a lot of people to play a while back which was awesome

The problem is that DM are actually a pretty expensive game in my country.
For DM 2-player set price you can buy a duel deck and a booster or two for MtG, two theme decks for pokemon tcg or you can save nearly 50% for warhammer start collecting box (these are three mainly played games in my area.) I bought these decks only because of 50% discount.

AHAHAHA I did the same thing with the Avenger's Deck at CVS

First off, that does sound cool. And different enough from anything else out there to grab and keep attention. Were you going for Smash-esk, or just Smash characters?

Second, why do I get the impression that if you branded it as a wrestling game, you could actually make money in certain parts of the US...

While I could see an issue with the space needed to play the game, but 40K probably needs more space. Sounds like your ideas adds a lot of life to the game. Good stuff.

Has anyone seen stuff about that Dragonborne game coming out next month or something? I keep seeing adds for it on youtube, and the marketing is working one me.

theres a site mate with rules. dragoborne.com/

what level of play is this supposed to be at, if it's kitchen table you're probably fine

I don't know how much I like the dice as a mechanic, but if the decks are $10-15, I'd buy a starter and play with friends. Could always go for some fast L5R base bashing.

Smash-esque, I suppose. Light hearted in nature, with larger than life fighters in a sort of World Warriors tournament framing device. I'm glad it sounds interesting! I'm mostly just developing it for fun and to play with friends but it's nice to know that someone else out there thinks it's a neat concept.

Now just to get back to working on it!

Pic related, another big influence on the game in terms of tone and mechanics.

Gonna start collecting Pokemon cards because I'm a huge fan of the card-art. Is there any reason to collect US cards over JP if you only want to collect? I don't plan on playing the game and I've heard that JP cards are higher quality.

I was thinking of starting with Roaring Skies or Generations because they're the most accessible boxes to obtain. Are these alright sets to start with?

Yeah space to play could be an issue, that's why we're sticking to small 4 v 4 skirmishes and trying to keep everything no wider than 24"

You should also ask on /vp/ - they have every day Pokemon TCG general

Fuck you that's not SoCal.

aha! Yeah it's just a joke deck but I'm gonna look into good support and see what I can do with it.

I hope you will start playing the TCG (and online) as well user. You should go snap it ASAP. It's a lot of fun.

If you do play online, snap up the Lunala Theme deck, it's a great deck to have since most people use the Mental Might deck.

sorry ment norcal, was tired as hell before

What game/anime is that? Looks Bushiroad-ish

its not bushi, its called unlimited vs, ita an anime tcg fighting game. really fun but the company that made it closed down