D&D 5e Rce Conversion Challenge

D&D has a long history of races to it. And 5th edition... doesn't have very many out yet, other than the most iconic of them all. Since I find 5e fairly easy to homebrew races for, and I wanna refine my homebrewing talents, I'm offering a challenge to any interested anons: tell me a D&D/PF PC race you want converted, and I'll see if I can't put together a 5e writeup for you.

For reference; here's the current biggest list of every damn D&D and PF race across every edition that I'm aware of:

1d4chan.org/wiki/List_of_D&D_PC_Races

Other urls found in this thread:

dnd.arkalseif.info/feats/monster-manual-ii--45/multiweapon-fighting--3492/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>DnD
Nice thread, fucktard.
Saged.

I'd love to see a good Loxo/don conversion. I prefer them with one trunk instead of two, but it's up to you.

Hmm... let's see; using the Shining South version, as it's the only one I remember...

Here's a first draft; how does it look?

Loxo
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Strength, +1 Constitution
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 feet
Vision: Darkvision 60 feet
Powerful Build: You are treated as being one size category larger to determine your pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying and dragging capacities.
Loxo Trunk: You can interact with objects from 10 feet away. This ability does not increase the reach of your weapons.
Trample: If you make a move towards an enemy and then use your action to make an Unarmed Strike, you inflict 1d6 + Str modifier Bludgeoning damage.
Terrible Rage: Once per long rest, as a bonus action, you can enter a berserk rage. This functions as a Barbarian Rage, except it provides only a +1 damage bonus. If you have the Rage class ability, increase your Rages per Day by +1; you cannot benefit from this "lesser rage" instead.

A bump, in honor of you, user.

A few things: Loxo have two trunks, not one. "making a move" is phrased weirdly and not specific enough. Also, I can't tell if trample makes you deal 1d6+Str if you hit and nothing if you miss, or 1d6+1d4+Str+Str if you hit and nothing if you miss, or 1d6+Str if you miss and 1d6+1d4+Str+Str if you hit. Referencing another class' ability without describing it in full is messy. You shouldn't force people to look up something from a different book entirely unless absolutely necessary (and even then you should provide a page number.)

That's not even slightly what fire genasi look like in any edition of D&D.

It would be pretty easy to make a version of darfellans that just translated their 3.5 features into 5e exactly, but in 5e the best races have some kind of unique feature that changes the way it plays and will probably come up in a fight. Not sure exactly how to do that for orca-men.

Maybe sonar blindsight? Or a sonic "breath weapon" or something?

Left the trunk ambiguous because A: the requester said they preferred the one trunk version, and B: you don't really get extra benefits from being ambidextrous.

The basic idea is "move your full speed, then attack somebody in melee range at the end of that move" - it's not my fault that 5e abandoned the move action/attack action terminology split.

The damage for trample is 1d6+Str bonus if you hit, 0 damage if you miss.

Fair enough point, I just underestimated the room in the reply space.

So, are you requesting a 5e Darfellan? I'll give it a shot if that's the case, but as you've noted, they're a pretty naff race in 3e to begin with.

I think it's pretty cool how orcas travel pretty much all over the planet. A race of Byronic heroes with no homeland would probably be just as global in reach. Maybe in addition to a swim speed, holding breath, underwater blindsight, and whatever combat ability they have, they have proficiency in History and/or permission to make up a friendly local contact NPC pretty much anywhere accessible by water.

Do you have to move your full speed? If not, how much? Does difficult terrain count double? What if you've been hit by a ray of frost? It'd be cleaner to just say "move at least X feet."

Something like this?

Loxo, mk 2
Powerful Build: You are treated as being one size category larger to determine your pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying and dragging capacities.
Loxo Trunk: You can interact with objects from 10 feet away. This ability does not increase the reach of your weapons.
Trample: You can make a Trample attack by using your Move to move towards an enemy that is at least 10 feet away and then spending an action. A Trample attack uses your melee attack proficiency, inflicts 1d6 + Strength modifier damage on a hit, and no damage on a miss.
Terrible Rage: Once per long rest, as a bonus action, you can enter a berserk rage. This state lasts for 1 minute, during which time you have Advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws, and a +1 damage bonus on melee weapon attacks using Strength, and Resistance to Bludgeoning, Piercing and Slashing Damage. Your rage ends prematurely if your are knocked unconscious, end your turn without having attacked a hostile creature or taken damage since your last turn, or choose to spend a bonus action to do so. If you have the Rage class ability, increase your Rages per Day by +1 instead.

Just because I've been thinking about it, here's a 1st draft 5e Darfellan.

It's sort of situational, I know, but Darfellans are heavily orientated towards coastal and underwater adventures. They're not really going to be particularly adept in the dungeon suspended in the heart of a volcano.

Darfellan
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Strength, +1 Wisdom
Speed: 20 feet, Swim 40 feet
Vision: Normal
Deep Diver: You can add double your Proficiency bonus to Constitution checks made to hold your breath.
Child of Crashing Waves: You have Proficiency in Athletics and Advantage on Athletics checks made whilst swimming. Additionally, the Constitution saving throw made to resist exhaustion from swimming is only DC 5 for you, instead of the normal DC of 10.
Heir to the North: You have Resistance to Cold damage.
Echolocation: When you are completely immersed in water, you have Blindsight 20 feet, although this can only detect things that are also immersed in the same water as you.

20 seems a little short. Surely real echolocators can echolocate further than that.

Yeah, it does feel short, but on the other hand, blindsight's a pretty powerful feature - there's not one race in 5e that has it so far, and that's even despite some of the overpowered stuff in Volo's Guide - and they only had blindsight 20ft in 3.5 as well.

I've been reading Sandstorm for inspiration for a desert centric campaign, how about the Asherati?

Tricky... but, I'll give it a shot.

Asherati
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Dexterity, +1 Constitution
Spawn of the Dunes: You are considered Acclimatized to Extreme Heat, preventing you from needing to make Constitution saving throws against exhaustion caused by the heat. Additionally, you only need 1/4 of a gallon of water per day to meet your needs.
Sandswimmer: You have a Burrow Speed of 30 feet, but can only Burrow through sand, ash, dust and softsand. You can breathe normally whilst Burrowing, and do not displace earth whilst doing so. You cannot see whilst Burrowing unless you have your Body Lamp active.
Body Lamp: At will, you can cause your skin to glow, producing providing bright light out to 60 feet and dim light out to 120 feet. Whilst Body Lamp is lit, you can perceive all solid objects within 60 feet whilst Burrowing, although you are incapable of fine perception. With Body Lamp lit, you cannot Hide, and creatures can spot you whilst Burrowing if you are within 60 feet.
Dazzling Flash: As an action, you can cause a brilliant surge of light to emanate from your body. All creatures within 30 feet of you that are looking at you must make a Constitution saving throw (DC 8 + your Dex modifier + your Proficiency bonus). If they fail this save, they are Blinded until the end of your next turn.

Not sure how likely this is going to come up, but... before anyone asks, yeah, I have tried converting the Spellscale from Races of the Dragon to 5e. I'm very much not sure of the result.

This looks pretty good for a first draft, thanks for the help

Thanks, I hope it works out. I know you didn't ask, but, just in case it's useful... here's a shot at the Bhuka.

Bhuka
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Dexterity, +1 Wisdom
Child of the Parched Lands: You are considered Acclimatized to Extreme Heat, preventing you from needing to make Constitution saving throws against exhaustion caused by the heat.
Sand-Strider: You are unaffected by difficult terrain caused by sand or other loose soils. Additionally, you do not need to fear sinking into deep sand so long as you are not incapacitated.
Glare-Shielded: You have Advantage on saving throws to avoid being Blinded.
Water Sense: You can apply double your Proficiency Bonus to Survival checks made to find water, and can sense the presence of water up to 100 feet below the ground on a successful DC 20 Survival check.

>Acclimatized

It's listed in the DMG as one of the options to prevent you from needing to make Con checks against exhaustion for extreme heat or cold, in the Wilderness Exploration section.

>A challenge

You brought this on yourself, OP..

Bait recognized. Challenge accepted nonetheless.

Sergal
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Dexterity,
+1 Strength
Speed: 40 feet
Vision: Darkvision
Sinister Reputation: You have Proficiency in Intimidation.
Heightened Senses: You have Advantage on Perception checks.
Martial Culture: You have Proficiency in one martial melee weapon of your choice.

Query: is it a problem if I take the stance that Half-Dryads/Nymphs should be an All-Male race and Half-Satyrs an All-Female race?

It just makes no sense to me that dryads & nymphs, all-female races both, would produce halfbreed [b]daughters[/b] - wouldn't you expect them to have either full-blooded daughters or half-blooded sons?

Likewise, if satyrs are all male, wouldn't you expect the sons to be just like them and the daughters to only get half the satyr stuff?

Just in case it's not clear: yeah, I'll tackle trying to do subraces and racial variants, like the environmental versions of races from Sandstorm, Frostburn and Stormwrack, or the Abyssal Genasi from 4e.

That said, I really don't think kender need a 5e statblock.

Not just because most everybody hates them but because, really, what mechanically differentiates them from a Chaotic Stupid Lightfoot Halfling Rogue (Thief)?

See it's a challenge because they threw out the great system 3e had that allowed most anything to be a player race.

Well, anons, I gotta log off for the night. If this thread's still here, I'll catch up with any backlog first thing in the morning.

And in case it doesn't survive the night, I want to say "Thank You!" to all the anons who either responded to the challenge or commented on the balancing; it was fun trying to work to your challenges, and it's awesome anons like you that keep me coming back to Veeky Forums.

By the way, if anybody's got an unsplit pic of the races from Dragon #317's "Xenophilia" article, I'd love a copy.

You know what we need? More Trox.

>And 5th edition... doesn't have very many out yet

Are you fucking kidding? D&D had all the races it needs. You arent meant to jam them all together into the same setting, you fucking August. I am so sick of fucking faggots like you who think they are allowed to play whatever they want to in my games. Fuck off with your drown, fuck off with your tieflings, fuck off with your aasimar, fuck off with your kender, fuck off with your changeling, fuck off with your kitsune, fuck off with your catfolk. Fuck off with your eladrin, fuck off with your thri-kreen, fuck off with your warforged, fuck off with your halfogre, fuck off with your shifter, fuck off with your bird people, fuck off with your tengu, fuck off with your lizardfolk. And if you even mention homebrew races, you're out of the game for ever. I am so sick of these entitled cunts. Human. Elf. Dwarf. Handling. Those are your choices to start. You're lucky I'm not making you randomly generate race given that 90 percent of the worlds population is human. Don't like it? Quit the game. I'm not forcing you to stay. Im the one creating value here, the least you can do is not shit it up with your autistic garbage furry race who is probably also a tranny.

Can I have the racial stats for Handling.
I assume their hands are something to tell.

>Heightened Senses: You have Advantage on Perception checks.
Proficiency is general, advantage is situational. Advantage on all skill checks of a certain type doesn't work very well. Make it proficiency, or advantage when it relies on sight.

>you fucking August
>Drown
>Handling
At least it's funny bait.

Proficiency in Perception makes more sense. Can't edit it in, but I'm just saying that.

Trox
Speed: 30 feet, Burrow 20 feet
Terrible Rage: Once per long rest, as a bonus action, you can enter a berserk rage. This state lasts for 1 minute, during which time you have Advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws, and a +1 damage bonus on melee weapon attacks using Strength, and Resistance to Bludgeoning, Piercing and Slashing Damage. Your rage ends prematurely if your are knocked unconscious, end your turn without having attacked a hostile creature or taken damage since your last turn, or choose to spend a bonus action to do so. If you have the Rage class ability, increase your Rages per Day by +1 instead.
Many-Armed Horror: You have Advantage on Strength checks made to grapple an opponent. Whilst you have a creature grappled, you can inflict 1d6 damage on that creature as a bonus action.

Welp, somehow you guys kept this thread from dying through the night, so now I'm back and ready to resume my attempts at converting any D&D or PF race you wanna throw at me.

Strix

Strix
Speed: 30 feet, Fly 60 feet
Nocturnal Hunter: You have Advantage on Stealth checks made in dim light or darkness.
Wings: You have a Fly speed of 60 feet. However, you cannot fly if you are wearing medium or heavy armor. if you are encumbered, or if you are incapacitated.

Hmm... I'm not sure how I'd handle psionic races, given the only psionics rules so far are the telepathic Ghostwise Halfling and the Mystic proto-class.

Mechanatrix?

Vanaras

>look up Changelings in PF
>some fucking retarded female only heterochromatic hagspawn horseshit

haven't played 5e but curious how a changeling would stat

Changelings were in the Eberron UA. Most of it was underwhelming but changelings were alright.

Sorry for the delay in responding, folks: technical damn difficulties.

Huh, odd choice, but I'll give it a shot...

Mechantrix
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Intelligence, +1 Constitution
Speed: 20 feet
Unflinching Stride: You have Advantage on saving throws against Exhaustion caused by Forced Marching, and do not reduce your speed when wearing heavy armor.
Electrical Conduit: You can cast the Shocking Grasp cantrip, using Intelligence as your casting ability score.
Surge Eater: You are Immune to Lightning damage. When you take Lightning damage, you can use a reaction to absorb the energy, recovering lost hit points equal to the amount of lightning damage that would have been inflicted by the attack. Excess hit points are lost.
Calculate the Angles: You have Advantage on Intelligence checks relating to architecture and engineering.

Vanara
Tree-Dweller: You have a Climb speed of 30 feet.
Ape Agility: You have Proficiency in Acrobatics.
Extra Hands: Your feet can act as secondary hands, thanks to their unique configuration. This allows your to substitute your feet for tasks that would normally require your hands, though this does not allow you to wield more weapons than a human.

Like said, there's an official 5e Changeling already. Unless you want either a 5e version of the Hag Changeling (which I can get you) or a PF Conversion of the Doppelganger Changeling (which I can't get you).

Scro

Scro
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Strength, +1 Wisdom
Languages: You are capable of speaking, reading and writing Orcish (or the Scro dialect, if your DM makes a distinction), Elvish and Common.
Powerful Build: You are treated as one size category larger for purposes of determining your capacity to lift, push, pull, drag and carry.
Relentless Endurance: When you are reduced to 0 hitpoints, but not killed outright, you can drop to 1 hitpoint instead. You can't use this feature again until you complete a long rest.
Will of Iron: You have Advantage on Wisdom saving throws against Charm and Fear effects.

I must say, I'm surprised, impressed and happy with the requests I've gotten so far.

4th edition, 3rd edition, 2nd edition, Pathfinder, Basic, I'll take a shot at any race or subrace you guys can dig up if I can recognize it, from Shardmind to N'datjwa.

...I was specifically trying to torture you and you still did a decent job. I applaud you, OP, and pray to god nobody actually uses that in a game.

Honestly? I think it's a little weak, but the race just has so little going for it that it's hard to make it any stronger.

But, seriously, thanks for the challenge. It was fun... :evil grin:

Shardminds would be nice.

Shardmind
Ability Score Modifiers: +1 Intelligence, +1 Wisdom, +1 Charisma
Living Construct: A shardmind is immune to disease. It does not need to eat or drink, although it can ingest materials if it desires. It does not sleep in the normal fashion, but enters a waking trance instead; this lasts for 4 hours and during this time, the shardmind is fully aware of its surroundings.
Telepathy: A shardmind can communicate telepathically with any creatures it is aware of within 30 feet, provided it shares a common language. The ability to passively sense the desires and emotions of sapient creatures gives shardminds Advantage on Charisma (Diplomacy) checks.
Crystalline Mind: A shardmind is Resistant to Psychic Damage.
Shard Swarm: Once per short rest, when a shardmind takes damage from a direct enemy attack, it can use its Reaction to nullify the damage and to teleport to a single spot within 15 feet that it can see.

Edgy McEdge appears!
Hellbred stats?

I've been trying to figure out if I should make those have their subrace split be based on the Infernal Aspect or on the old Devil's Favor feats, myself. This is a first draft done using the former method.

Hellbred:
Ability Score Modifier: +1 Wisdom
Damned and Forsaken: You are Immune to Fear and the Frightened condition. However, because your soul is damned, you cannot be affected by a Raise Dead spell: restoring you to life requires a Resurrection spell.
Findish Mien: You have Proficiency in Intimidation.
Infernal Aspect: Choose either the Tainted Soul or Corrupted Body aspect. Your remaining racial traits are determined by this choice.

Corrupted Body:
Ability Score Modifer: +2 Constitution
Filled With Corruption: You have Resistance to Poison damage, Immunity to the Poisoned condition, and Advantage on saving throws against disease.

Tainted Soul:
Ability Score Modifier: +2 Charisma
Whispers of Damnation: You can communicate telepathically with one creature that you can see within 30 feet.

So, that's two days that this thread has managed to survive. Let's see if you lot can keep it going for day #3. If you can't think of a race you want to see, check out the 1d4chan link up-thread: it's not 100% perfect, but pretty damn expansive so far.

>The ability to passively sense the desires and emotions of sapient creatures gives shardminds Advantage on Charisma (Diplomacy) checks
There is no singular Diplomacy proficiency in 5e. And in any case, I think I would change this to Advantage on Wisdom (Insight) checks instead.

Ratfolk stats?

Why not make it double proficiency bonus to perception checks when submerged instead?

Just cause I happened to see the book in the corner of my eye and it reminded me of them: skarns/azurians/rilkans/dusklings

Good point, that does make more sense.

Do you want 5e Generic Ratfolk or 5e Burmecians? I can give you the former no worries, but the latter will take some more time.

Ratfolk
Ability Score Modifier: +2 Constitution, +1 Dexterity
Speed: 35 feet
Rodent Hardiness: A ratfolk is Resistant to poison and adds its proficiency bonus to all Constitution checks made to resist being poisoned or contracting diseases.
Delver's Claws: The long, sharp, jagged talons of a ratfolk are as adept at ripping through flesh as they are at ripping through soil. A ratfolk's Unarmed Strikes do 1d4 slashing damage as a basis, and ratfolks have a Burrow speed of 10 feet.
Tunnel Rat: Ratfolk are treated as Small creatures for purposes of fitting into spaces. They can squeeze into spaces that only fit Tiny or smaller creatures, too, but they have disadvantage on all attack rolls and on Dexterity checks and Dexterity saves while doing so.

That's technically worse, isn't it? I mean, blindsight basically gives you the ability to track invisible critters... then again, your version probably is more balanced...

I'll give them a shot, but with nothing like Incarnum in 5e, I can't make any promises for how strong they'll be.

There are a lot of races in Bastards & Bloodlines that I like, especially the half-dwarf, half-gargoyle Watchers, that I'd like to see in 5e.
This is a list of the races in the book, I can post info on specific races upon request.

No problem, I just really like the lore and jumped on the chance as this thread came up, the effort is appreciated all the same

Balance was the thought behind it, though perhaps advantage work's too.

I'll go ahead and post the info for the Watcher, I'd really like to be able to use them in a dwarf-centric (and dwarf related) races. I also have a race I made called stoneforged, which are basically dwarven warforged made of metal, rock and magic crystals.

Let's see....

Azurins: These are literally humans with +1 Essentia Point. Nothing really here to use to convert them.

Duskling: 3.5 focus is on their ability to use Essentia to boost their speed. Not much here, but maybe I can make something...

Rilkan: Going to need some reworking, but the big "skill monkey" focus might have the seeds of possibilities...

Scarn: Like Dusklings, they're a bit mono-dimensional, but I can definitely try.

Hmm... Advantage on Perception checks whilst submerged is certainly a lot easier for DMs. I think I prefer that version.

Watcher
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Constitution, +1 Wisdom
Speed: 20 feet
Unsleeping Sentinel: Instead of sleeping, you enter an inactive state for 4 hours each day. You do not dream in this state; you are fully aware of your surroundings and notice approaching enemies and other events as normal.
Vestigial Wings: You are always considered to have a running start when making a Jump.
Magical Metabolism: You only need 1 pound of food and 1 gallon of water per week to survive, rather than per day. You can go without food for 3 + Constitution score days before starving, rather than the normal 3 + Constitution modifier days.
Stony Hide: You increase your maximum hit points by +1, and gain a further +1 increase to maximum hitpoints with each level you gain. Additionally, you can attempt to hide in plain sight by pretending to be a statue, and have Advantage on Stealth checks made to do so.

Yeah, I realised after I suggested all of them, that Azurians are just humans with their feature not being viable without converting magic of incarnum too. I was thinking about interesting routes for the skill monkey rilkan thing though

Dusklings, like I said, aren't very much to write home about; they mostly rely on their "essentia pool to speed" boost, and the inherent list of of immunities and benefits they get from being fey. Still, here's a shot.

Duskling
Ability Score Modifier: +2 Constitution, +1 Dexterity
Speed Boost: When you move on your turn in combat, you can double your speed until the end of your turn. Once you have used this trait, you cannot use it again until you move 0 feet on one of your turns.
Unearthly Vitality: You increase your maximum hit points by +1, and gain a further +1 increase to maximum hitpoints with each level you gain.
Fey Ancestry: You have Advantage on saving throws against the Charmed effect are are Immune to Magical Sleep effects.

Nice, thank you. How about the half-elf, half-naga Sthein?

And maybe the half-gnome, half-cloaker Lurker too?
What I like about a lot of these crossbreeds is that they are just crazy nonsense yet still cool, like what I've already shared.

That trample seems utterly pointless, at least make them make a strength save to avoid being knocked down (DC off str)

Sigh... fuck it! Sorry, anons, but my fucking internet has gone into slow-down mode. I'm here and working on your requests, but I can't guarantee being able to post a reply any time soon. I'm going to need to rely on you guys to keep the thread alive, because my prime posting time only happens in the wee hours of the morning over here.

That would make it more meaningful as a natural attack option... thanks for the suggestion.

Irony is, I've wanted to make both a playable lamia (of the "serpentine style" not seen in D&D( and naga (of the "limbless, human-headed snake" style) for 5e before. I'll do what I can for both, but the Sthein is so overpowered I'm going to have to cut a lot back.

Ironically, with their big skill-monkey focus, Rilkans are probably the easiest race to adapt.

Rilkan
Ability Score Modifier: +2 Dexterity, +1 Charisma
Racial Knowledge: When you complete a long rest, choose one Intelligence or Wisdom skill that you do not have Proficiency in. You count as having Proficiency in that skill until the next time you take a long rest.
Glib Tongue: You have Proficiency in Persuasion and Deception.
Instinctive Teamwork: When participating in a Group Ability Check, you apply double your Proficiency bonus to the relevant skill check.

Skarns are... pretty dull, but I have an obligation to make a reasonable attempt at anything I'm presented with here.

Skarn
Ability Score Modifier: +2 Strength, +1 to Charisma
Arm Spines: You have blades protruding from both your forearms, which you can wield as weapons. Natural ambidexterity allows you to use both sets of blades as weapons with the two-weapon style. Your arm spines inflict 1d4 Slashing damage. At 5th level, they count as Magical weapons for piercing damage resistance. At 7th level, they increase to 1d6 damage.
Trained to Perfection: You have Proficiency in Athletics.
Fearsome Mien: You have Advantage on Intimidation checks.

I'd like to see a conversion of the Trollkin from Iron Kingdoms. This a really good setting and I've played a couple campaigns in it.
Here is the 3.5 version.
Trollkin
Ability Adjustments:
Standard Trollkin: Strength +2, Constitution +4, Dexterity -2, Charisma -2
Trollkin Sorceress: Constitution +4, Charisma +2, Dexterity -2
+4 racial bonus to saving throws against poison.
+2 racial bonus to saving throws against disease.
Level Adjustment +1
Movement: Medium Creature, base speed 30 feet
Sight: Darkvision 30ft
Improved Healing: Trollkin heal at twice the normal rate, three times if they feast considerably whist resting. Trollkin regeneration lost limbs at a slow rate, 1d6+1 days for a surgically re-attached limb, 2d20+30 days to regrow a limb entirely.
Poison Resistance 4: -4 to all damage and stat losses caused by poison, +4 bonus to fortitude saves against poison that do not inflict stat damage.
Toughness (Ex): Trollkin have damage reduction equal to their Constitution Modifier against nonlethal damage. This ability also protects from environmental hazards, although in these cases damage can never be reduces to less than 1 point.
Base Height:
Standard Trollkin: Male 5’ 11", Female 5’ 3" (+2d10 in.)
Trollkin Sorceress: Male 5’ 0", Female 4’ 4" (+2d10 in.)
Base Weight:
Standard Trollkin: Male 250 lbs., Female 150 lbs. (+ height mod x 2d6 lbs.)
Trollkin Sorceress: Male 165 lbs., Female 85 lbs. (+ height mod x 2d6 lbs.)
Automatic Languages: Cygnaran (Spoken), Molgur (Molgur-trul dialect, spoken only)
Bonus Languages: Cygnaran (Written), Khadoran, Molgur (Written), Rhulic (Written)

Thanks user, you are a gentleman/woman and scholar. I realised they weren't much to go on when I went and read the book myself again, but thanks for your time, I doff my hat to thee

half dwarves and centaurs would be appreciated.

I've been trying to make some Kamigawa races playable and bashing my head against the Orochi now, would like to see your take on them, especially when their additional arms and apparent venom are considered.

No worries. I'm enjoying this thread... I might start it over, when it runs out, see if other anons are willing to risk the challenge...

Sthein
Ability Score Increase: +2 Charisma, +1 Strength
Speed: 30 feet, Climb 20 feet, Swim 30 feet
Snake Body: You have a Climb Speed of 20 feet and a Swim speed of 30 feet. You can Crawl at normal speed, rather than halving your speed. You cannot use magical items based on footwear, such as Boots of Elvenkind.
Crushing Coils: You may attempt to grapple a creature that is no more than two sizes larger than you, and have Advantage on the Strength (Athletics) check to successfully grapple the target.
Fey Ancestry: You have Advantage on saving throws against the Charmed effect, and are Immune to magical effects that inflict Sleep.
Shed Tail: As an action, you can shapeshift from your monopedal form to a bipedal form. In bipedal form, you lose acess to your Snake Body and Crushing Coils racial traits, but can wear magical footwear and have Advantage on Deception checks made to pass yourself off as an elf. You can return to your true form as a bonus action; magical footwear is absorbed into your body until you resume your bipedal form and you do not benefit from it whilst in monopedal form.
Magical Birthright: You know a single Sorcerer cantrip of your choice, which uses Charisma as its casting ability score.

And forgot the picture as well, goddammit.

I'd need some kind of info on the race in question, I know fuck-all about MtG beyond the "Plane Shifts" that WoTC has already put out. Get me that info, and I'll give it a shot.

Lurker
Ability Score Modifier: +2 Intelligence, +1 Strength
Gliding Wings: You have a Fly speed of 20 feet, but you cannot launch yourself from the ground; you must leap from a high perch in order to begin flying. Additionally, you cannot fly if you are wearing medium or heavy armor, nor if you are encumbered.
Shadow Meld: You have Advantage to Stealth checks made in areas of dim light or darkness.
Frightful Scream: As an action, you can emit a hideous shriek that affects all enemies within 30 feet. Such creatures must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw (DC 8 + your Cha modifier + your Proficiency bonus) or be Frightened until the end of your next turn. Once you have used this trait, you cannot use it again until you complete a short rest.

Trollkin
Ability Score Modifier: +2 Constitution, +1 Strength
Vision: Darkvision 30 feet
Trollkin Heartiness: You have Resistance to Poison damage and Advantage on saving throws against Poison and Disease.
Trollish Vitality: You increase your maximum hit points by +1, and gain a further +1 increase to maximum hitpoints with each level you gain.
Healing Factor: When spending Hit Dice to regain hit points during a short rest, you regain dice roll + Constitution score hit points per Hit Dice, instead of dice roll + Constitution modifier. Additionally, if you have a Lingering Injury (DMG pg 272), you will heal from that injury after completing three long rests, or two long rests if you can consume twice your daily requirement in food and water during each long rest.

Variant: Trollkin Mystic - Your Ability Score Modifiers change to +2 Constitution, +1 Charisma.

Half-dwarf I can do you for easily - you don't mind if I call 'em Muls, do you? That just has more brand-name recognition, compared to the half-dwarves of Dragonlance & Kingdoms of Kalamar.

Mul
Ability Score Modifier: +2 Constitution, +1 Strength
Tireless: A mul ignores the first level of Exhaustion it suffers, and regains two levels of Exhaustion when it completes a long rest.
Limitless Endurance: A mul increases its hit point maximum by 1 point and further increases it by +1 point each time it gains a level.
Dwarven Vitality: A mul has Advantage on saving throws against Poison and Resistance to Poison damage.

Basically a race of forest-dwelling four-armed anthropomorphic snakes that are divided into three tribes: one produces warriors, one is shamans, and the last one is scouts and rangers. They're very nimble and the scout tribe uses a paralytic venom, though it's ambiguous whether it's their own or otherwise procurred. Their fighting style focuses on using their four arms in perfect harmony.
They're also very territorial and care little about other races or lands.

As for Centaurs... I've struggled with those myself for ages, but here's the best I've cooked up so far.

Centaur
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Constitution
Quadruped: A centaur’s unusual body means that it is treated as being Large for purposes of its Carrying Capacity, but it suffers Disadvantage to Dexterity (Acrobatics) checks and is also treated as being Large for determining its Space.
Subrace: Choose between the Barbaric, Nomadic or Mystic Centaur subrace to determine the rest of your racial abilities.

Barbaric Centaur
Ability Score Increase: +1 Strength
Trample: You can make a Trample attack by using your Move to move towards an enemy that is at least 10 feet away and then spending an action. A Trample attack uses your melee attack proficiency, inflicts 1d6 + Strength modifier damage on a hit, and no damage on a miss. On a hit with a Trample attack, you automatically make a Shove attack, knocking the target prone on a success.

Nomadic Centaur
Ability Score Increase: +1 Dexterity
Racing Build: Increase your base speed by +5 feet, to a speed of 40 feet.
Speed Boost: When you move on your turn in combat, you can double your speed until the end of your turn. Once you have used this trait, you cannot use it again until you move 0 feet on one of your turns.

Mystic Centaur
Ability Score Increase: +1 Wisdom
Keeper of the Herd: You can cast the Druidcraft cantrip. At 3rd level, you can cast Goodberry as a 1st level spell. At 5th level, you can cast Pass Without Trace as a 2nd level spell. When you cast Goodberry or Pass Without Trace using this trait, you cannot use it again until you complete a long rest. Wisdom is your casting ability score for spells cast with this trait.

I see... I'll give it some thought, but can anyone tell me where the rules are for using two weapons at once in the PHB? The indexing is terrible, all I can find is the two-weapon fighting style and nothing on actually using two weapons.

Honestly, can't bring stuff up right now, but I myself tried to use thri-kreen as base.
Also this dnd.arkalseif.info/feats/monster-manual-ii--45/multiweapon-fighting--3492/index.html

Alright... there's not really a lot to go off of for somebody who doesn't know the first thing about the setting, but here's the best I can do given what you've told me: I left out the Sakura Tribe because I need a little more info about what kind of magic they're supposed to practice.

Orochi
Ability Score Modifier: +2 Dexterity
Speed: 30 feet, Climb 20 feet, Swim 30 feet
Snake Body: You have a Climb Speed of 20 feet and a Swim speed of 30 feet. You can Crawl at normal speed, rather than halving your speed. You cannot use magical items based on footwear, such as Boots of Elvenkind.
Four Arms: You have two pairs of fully functioning arms. You can wield additional weapons in your secondary arms, but doing so does not grant you extra attacks.Weapons held in your secondary arms count as off-hand weapons for the purpose of multi-weapon fighting (see PHB, pg 195). At the start of your turn, you can use a bonus action to grant yourself a +1 bonus either to your Armor Class or to your Attack rolls until the end of your turn.
Subrace: You must belong to either the Kashi Tribe, the Matsu Tribe, or the Sakura Tribe. Your tribe determines your remaining racial abilities.

Kashi Tribe:
Ability Score Modifier: +1 Strength
Warrior's Training: You have your choice of either Proficiency with two martial melee weapons, or the Dual Wield feat.

Matsu Tribe:
Ability Score Modifier: +1 Wisdom
Paralytic Venom: As a bonus action, you can lick either a melee weapon or a piece of ammunition, which must inflict Slashing or Piercing damage. Enemies struck with the envenomed weapon must succeed on a Constitution saving throw (DC 8 + your Proficiency bonus) or be Paralyzed until the end of your next turn. If you do not use this envenomed weapon before the end of your next turn, the venom becomes inert.
Archer Training: You have Proficiency with the Shortbow and the Longbow.

>Nearly all fire genasi are feverishly hot as if burning inside, an impression reinforced by flaming red, coal- black, or ash-gray skin tones. The more human-looking have fiery red hair that writhes under extreme emotion, while more exotic specimens sport actual flames dancing on their heads.

Skin, hair, and "as if burning inside" match. What doesn't match is the hands / feet, and several joints.

Ghosts/Spirits

...I'd consider those more monsters than races. I could probably make you something ghost-like (Cha/Int, Incorporeal Movement, Resist Necrotic, subrace-style special powers), but I don't think it'd really be the same for your purposes.

Someone should collect these

Should collect what? I'm keeping copies of these profiles on a GDoc myself - hell, some of them came from there in the first plce.

Can you do uldras?

I can certainly give them a shot! I bumped up their speed because, actually, I don't think there's a single official 5e race with a speed lower than 25, which may require other 20ft speeders I have to get a bump...

Uldra
Ability Score Modifier: +2 Wisdom, +1 Dexterity
Size: Small
Speed: 25 feet
Vision: Darkvision 120 feet
Child of Ice and Snow: You have Resistance to Cold Damage and ignore difficult terrain caused by ice or snow.
Guardian of the Frostfell: You have Proficiency in Survival and Advantage on Survival checks made in arctic and subarctic environments.
Frigid Wrath: You can cast the Chill Touch cantrip. At 3rd level, you can cast Ice Knife (Elemental Evil Player's Guide pg 19) as a 1st level spell. At 5th level, you can cast Snilloc's Snowball Swarm (Elemental Evil Player's Guide pg 22) as a 2nd level spell. When you cast Ice Knife or Snilloc's Snowball Swarm using this trait, you cannot use it again until you complete a long rest. Wisdom is your casting ability score for spells cast with this trait.

Well, that's another day's worth of conversions. You guys just keep surprising me, and it really makes me think that this thread was a good idea.

You know the drill; keep it alive whilst I sleep, and I'll try and get all the backlog sorted out in the morrow.

3rd party D&D/PF stuff is fine, but I'll need a run-down on it in most cases, because my non-official library is pretty barren.

Thanks user, you're great. I'm not gonna copy it word for word, but this will help immensely (forgot to mention those guys have regular legs). You're a gem to have around.

bump

Samsarans From pathfinder

Bump

I'd personally rather use Devas, but here you are:

Samsaran
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Wisdom, +1 Intelligence
Lifebound: You have Resistance to Necrotic Damage. Additionally, if you are subjected to a Raise Dead spell, you do not suffer the normal "resurrection sickness" penalty to attack rolls, saving throws and ability checks.
Shards of the Past: Choose any combination of two Wisdom and/or Intelligence skills. You have Proficiency in the two skills that you choose.
Eternal Sage: You can cast the Spare the Dying cantrip. At 3rd level, you can cast Comprehend Languages as a 1st level spell. At 5th level, you can cast Prayer of Healing as a 2nd level spell. When you cast Comprehend Languages or Prayer of Healing using this trait, you cannot use it again until you complete a long rest. Wisdom is your casting ability score for spells cast with this trait.

PF had a great racial feat for clipped wings. Think you could write one up?