*blocks your path*

*blocks your path*

That's 5 fucking Nissa Planeswalker cards in Standard. I mean, 2 of them are Planeswalker deck jank, but still.

Holy fuck did they intentionally make a terrible 7 mana walker just to make Nicol Bolas seem like a less terrible 7 mana walker?

It's a planeswalker deck card. They are all intentionally awful

For some reason

Im confused. Does this mean theres another nissa in this set or...?

Nicol bolas isn't bad though

This is fake, right?

There's no reason for this to exist and it wouldn't make any sense if it did anyway.

>Another Nissa Planeswalker deck
>No Jace Planeswalker deck

He's the leader and the only gatewatch member who doesn't have a cheap knockoff version.

We have like one bajillion Nissas, nobody wants anymore.

At least she got BOLAS'D

Did they really need the Internet yelling at them to realize that 5 of the same PW in rotation is a bad idea?

Of course, everyone is too afraid to tell Maro when he has a bad idea.

So much for her possible character development and push into UG. I guess Simic is too confusing for new players or something.

It saves me having to buy planeswalker decks so who cares.

If the deck is two colors it will probably be G/W so that it doesn't share colors with the Bolas deck.

I thought that said "Nissa, Generic Mage,"

> is monogreen, with elf supremacy leaning on white
> gets turned into super bland green
> gets some character development in this block that makes her more simic than just peace and love tree hippy
> BOLASED.com'ed so hard all coherent thought is fucked out of her, and she becomes monogreen that gives creatures quickie handjobs to get them into the fight quicker
Classic

ANOTHER FUCKING NISSA CARD?

Are you fucking serious? ANOTHER NISSA?
OH NO, WE ONLY HAVE 4 IN STANDARD, BETTER MAKE IT 5. 6 IF SHE GETS THE PW DECK. GOD FORBID THERE'S A TIME WHEN WE HAVE ANY LESS THAN 3 NISSAS.

When you make a 7cmc planeswalker I don't even want to use with Doubling Season, you've made a mistake.

I want more. Why would you want more smug blue asshole? Why not the autistic elf?

ummm no sweetie

Why in the fuck are they printing this bitch so much.

I wanted him to call in Garruk just to fuck with the goatwatch, but seeing as how we're getting a absolutely useless R/G walker anyways, I knew it wouldn't happen and this only seals the coffin.

If they were Standard playable then the decks would be bought out by already enfranchised players and new players would never be able to get their hands on them.

Is it bad I want this for a garruk/genesis wave in one card

These decks fail as intros as they are sold as separate products yet are to meant play against another but only experienced players know this.

Should either turn them into a type of duel deck package or throw the shit plainswalkers out and make them somewhat playable type of sub $100 standard deck which already exist in droves.

I hope samut just fucking dies
Not even to bolas or a god either, I want her to die to some random mook. Preferably by a method that they can't BS her living through like decapitation or implsion

ib4 all treefolks banned to apologize to SJWs for this.

Have the announced the 2nd planeswalker deck yet? Could it have one of each gatewatch planeswalker?

It's probably Chandra or Bolas

Planeswalkers can't block, user.

Yeah. The second one is nissa
The first was bolas

Gideon does

I miss Garruck.

Getting a bit silly yes. What they were thinking making the first two decks also the planeswalkers in that set I do not know.
Also planeswalker decks were a fucking mistake

I'm waiting for them to fuck up and accidentally make one of these overpowered. Like when Jitte was included in the Betrayers starter deck.

look at their power level, they will never fuck up form so shit to good.

The first PW deck Nissa saw some fringe play in standard and ended more expensive than Vital Force, they aren't taking any risk this time

Meanwhile we have 1 Jace that's about to rotate out and people still complain about him

>thinking a black woman sonickin written by their diversity expert will die

And Arcbound Ravager was in the Darksteel one. And Siege-Gang Commander in the Scourge one (was pretty expensive at the time).

Ravager wasn't in any of the Mirrodin block precons.
If it was, I'd own one.

Are you guys ready for MONO GREEN TRON!

Yeah, you're right, the darksteel arcbound precon didn't have Ravager. But the Kamigawa snek precon did have Top.

Fuck, probably got one in one of the boosters i bought at the same time. Always thought it came from there.

Jace is really only smug in flavor text, in lore he's more of a bumbly, spaghetti-spilling dork.

This. He's way more lovable in lore than in the promotionnal stuff/card text. Probably one of the only character that came off better through the stories than from what we thought of him before.

is there 2 gideons and liliana's in the set as well...
YES

id rather take a nissa over another piece of shit jace that makes blue even more cancerous

I wonder why the disconnect exists.

Because flavor text writers like making Ertai-style flavor text for counterspells and whatnot but have no mouth to put them to, so just go for The Blue Planeswalker.

Though it also kind of works as the sort of "badass" thing a nerd like Jace might imagine himself quipping at a scary burly beastmage or similar opponent, though he fails to actually deliver because he's a scrawny, spaghetti-spilling nerd.

Ah that makes sense. Maybe they will introduce another blue walker at some point and they can move all jaces quips to them.
This explanation makes a decent stopgap in the meantime.

Just imagine it. He's standing in front of a mirror, in that cloak he refuses to remove ever, saying those lines and posing dramatically and thinking 'yeah totally badass'

Ironically enough, I believe Jace has either lost his cloak or had it torn to ahreds in Ixalan as Castaway Jace

I think he get mind wiped by Bolas and ends up reflexivly planeswalking to get away from him.

He ends up on Ixalan, with no memory of who or what has happened and ends up using his powers for piracy on the seas of Ixalan until Ajani turns up.

I was really surprised to find this out, he's really enjoyable in the stories

5 mana walker that requires 7 on field, eh with all the green dorks I could see it work. pic related turn 4 then turn 5 a nissa.
not the best way but works

assuming you get a 5th land drop or other dorks that is

The rat one had jitte

Oh my god yes.

>They didn't go balls deep and make the precons 5 PlanesWalker on the "good" side and an actually good deck for bolas

I miss the old precon system.

>He's the leader
No, he's not. People just call it the Jacetice League because memes. Gideon's far closer to the leader than Jace has ever been.

>7 manas
I laugh at her