Accidental Magical Girl CYOA

Welcome to the Accidental Magical Girl thread!

Various worlds and multiverses have become connected together via the mysterious Overcity, a sprawling landscape inhabited by monsters and magical beings. Girls and boys endowed with their new supernatural powers can work together solving conflicts that arise!

>This is NOT a greentext adventure style CYOA with one GM and thread posting to dictate the adventure, but rather a hub thread for multiple storycrafters to use.

This thread houses three systems: First, QuasarBlack's CYOA PDFs which may be used as writing prompts. Second, AMGC which expands on the CYOA character creation and provides rules for combat. Finally, the SCS is an alternative to AMGC with a similar purpose. IRC uses mostly AMGC and Discord uses mostly SCS.

Post builds, roleplay, write stuff.

CYOA Stuff:
Writefag Archive: pastebin.com/rSvTGQzP
Magical Girl Images: mega.nz/#F!xINWxCqY!HsVA2LnU9RDMMmZieoqv9w

>Addons to the CYOA, currently only the Patron Module:
pastebin.com/9qFcbzN0

>Mirrors: pastebin.com/teUgkHyS
>Changelog: pastebin.com/nNqnESfz
>Previous Versions: pastebin.com/V2X9itz0

IRC on Rizon:
OOC Chat: #MGCYOA
In Character RP Pub: #TheWand&Circlet
IC Campaigns: #MGChronicle or #MGPnP
IC Shenanigans: #Overcity
IC Cafe: #MGCafe
rizon.net/chat
Linkboard: titanpad.com/RWlqAHmERq

The Discord Server for Roleplaying and Campaigns:
discord.gg/bHECH86

Other urls found in this thread:

orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps
pastebin.com/ZvxkyAbH
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/
titanpad.com/FUjuIO6cfH
pastebin.com/jCStZAqq
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cPxQ4Gc3_MddNiAmJ-KLeP6HeDzl4UIMxT0NyRExYIM/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i6nJHlyQYVsJqtqEmK27EMiWcsc1Sg3xw9SxgI0AHUk
pastebin.com/ArCvYAPt
pastebin.com/3rwLq8TT
pastebin.com/FJwNH5Fz
pastebin.com/kVJmwcj3
pastebin.com/wTMU8JjX
pastebin.com/pzKwa1kD
pastebin.com/WpKxFQd9
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K_6DplVo1_Kq2orPNUkVEmZb-4edqGBGase2ImIDLQs/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The CYOA's Patron Module, which determines just who bestows your character's magical abilities. But be wary, for not all of these patrons are after your best interests...

This PDF is for AMGC 1.14, one of the two usable PNP systems for playing as a magical girl.
It features 10 additional powers and 20 extra perks, as well as combat actions, point buy, and more. Note that this is NOT the same as the CYOA, and uses its own methods of character generation.

>Character generator for AMGC, made by Doxy using RandomGen by Orteil.
Just one click and your mahou will be finished!
orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps

>Add-Ons to AMGC Core including the Corruption, Fusion, and Puchuu docs, now in one semi-convenient spot!
pastebin.com/ZvxkyAbH

>Character sharing thing made by emperor_
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/

>Spec Trees (spells for all 19 normal Specializations, updated often):
titanpad.com/FUjuIO6cfH

>Magic overhaul by Drakon in progress. Teaser located here: pastebin.com/jCStZAqq

>Google Docs AMGC Character Sheet (made by Torque)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cPxQ4Gc3_MddNiAmJ-KLeP6HeDzl4UIMxT0NyRExYIM/edit?usp=sharing

>AMGC Character Archive:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i6nJHlyQYVsJqtqEmK27EMiWcsc1Sg3xw9SxgI0AHUk

>Mirrors: pastebin.com/ArCvYAPt
>Changelog: pastebin.com/3rwLq8TT
>Previous Versions: pastebin.com/FJwNH5Fz

The SCS was made as an addon to the CYOA to cover the combat side of roleplaying. It allows players to easily take characters made in the CYOA v1.5 and use them in Quests and long-running campaigns alike. Note that this system DOES require you to have a character made in the CYOA in the OP first.

This PDF covers the core rules of gameplay, as well as the methods of improvement and various spells and items magical girls use.

>Expansions to the SCS can be found in this link
pastebin.com/kVJmwcj3
These expansions include
>Order & Chaos; Friend & Foe (OC&FF): Details on the mechanical workings of Patrons, Dark Magical Girls, Monster Girls (both natural and corrupted), and also includes a bestiary
>Worlds & Wishes (W&W): Details various GM tools and a few player tools, including the function of Mundane weapons, Alternate/Optional Rules, Various tips and tricks for GMing and Roleplaying, as well as Augments for players looking for a little extra power after CharGen. It also includes the conversion process for AMGC characters into the SCS.

>Mirrors: pastebin.com/wTMU8JjX
>Changelog: pastebin.com/pzKwa1kD
>Previous Versions: pastebin.com/WpKxFQd9
>Character Sheet, which includes a Character Generator: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K_6DplVo1_Kq2orPNUkVEmZb-4edqGBGase2ImIDLQs/edit?usp=sharing

Rolled 14, 2, 11, 8, 13, 2, 18, 3, 16, 2, 14 = 103 (11d20)

We need to build more rooms onto the inn, or start some construction projects to get people their own houses.

An idea for a plotline I was working on was that there are a limited number of beds left and that people need to either move out or go hunt for the incredibly special materials used to build additions.

As a side note, I'm concerned that people are using the accessibility of pubs and inns to avoid some of the important drawbacks of the setup.

Buy Interdimensional Home, people.

Reminder no one here will have a relationship as good as Fate and Nanoha's. I mean that IC and OOC.

>ywn attain purest form of love
why even live

I was thinking of a mission set that awards normal cash instead of coins to encourage people to move out.

That also sounds fun.
>The person offering the mission isn't a god, demon, supernatural force, coven of witches, puchuu, or even a wizard
>It's just a cop with some money to burn and a summer home in the country that they're getting too old to use.

Some perks just don't get to shine thanks to overcity. I like the overcity but I think it does tend to result in stagnation since it eliminates a lot of general problems girls would face being stuck in their own worlds.

In a community RP where everybody isn't a complete uncaring sociopath in-character, any issue of lodging or basic survival needs in-character will likely be met with another character almost immediately solving the problem, even temporarily.

Shit like that doesn't really work well in a community RP. It's better suited to contained environments, like a campaign.

Wow way to subtly lay down some accusations about the nature of people in our society.

>People are too nice to let a cute girl with magical powers go unhomed, even if only temporarily.
Yeah I sure do love accusing people of terrible things.

Sup imoutos?

No no. I meant to make a joke about how describing or PCs as "not obviously evil monstrous unhuman beings" for not letting someone face hardship our RL society let's people face every day was ace subtle criticism about our FACE TO FACE society.

But yeah the CYOA was kinda made with the conditions
1) magical girls are rare with few resources and no way to contact each other
2) magical girls are all vicious bitches who will kill each other like on madoka as if under systemic influence from the powers they be to make their lives hard
Also having anything fluff justified with no actually cost (such as food and tavern rent not costing coins) is kinda asking to have Big Backpack and most interdimensional perks invalidated. In the SCS circle the monsters even have a place away from any persicution so long as they don't make trouble overtly, so to truely get away from "immorality, free housing, an escape route in every direction, free resources from nowhere" parts of the OC you need to me an obviously evil monster/dark magical girl with no unrevealed sealed form.

What is your girls favorite drink?

Oh there's no denying the CYOA was made with a Madoka-ish style in mind.
However:
>magical girls are all vicious bitches who will kill each other like on madoka
Actually the "alright" Meguca outnumber the "mean" Meguca, as far as seeing them comes into play. Mami, Madoka, Sayaka, even Kyoko early on, and even Homura to an extent and even fully so in the earlier timelines are or were benevolent in nature. Taking the spin offs into account the decent magi still outnumber the non-decent magi, atleast from what is seen.

mmm ngl but Mami was kinda weirdly ruthless and definitely let her power as senior leader strongest girl go to her head in every timeline. she made sure she was everyone's friend but was also vindictive and liked hurting people she didn't happen to take a shining too, and she's even says she has a short temper. she clearly set her allegiance against Homura the same way we were supposed to interpret "Homera setting her allegiance against Mami" in the earlier episodes. we also have evidence that she had defended her territory from Kyoko and who knows who else.

^ MOST EVIL
|
| Kyoko = puts bitches in the hospital for months on a regular basis, threatens loved ones
|
| Mami = territorial to an extreme, putting her own values above the will and lives of everyone else, liked bullying people
|
| Sayaka = also self-righteous and eventually starts trying to take her anger out on Homera and Kyoko, begins venting her self-hatred on anything she can beat down... including Madoka even though she regrets it
|
| Homera = looking out for her own singular cause at anyone's cost kinda like Mami but mostly only a bitch because she's socially incompetent
|
| Madoka = kinda killed a ton of people but only to rid the world of suffering
|
v LEAST EVIL

Though none of them are the CYOA Dark Magical Girl evil, naturally since they lack our "mental edits", they all have their reasons and very human values that they don't have enough consideration or concern to stop them from lashing out for. Each are the others' "villains" and because of that their magical community fails to establish organizations

To avoid dead thread, let's talk about ways to run a campaign set elsewhere, maybe?

What would people like to see?

What do people not want to see?

>What would people like to see?
Cool monsters, and a strong focus.

>What do people not want to see?
Lame monsters, and no motivations.

A strong focus? What sort of strong focus do you have in mind?

I think they mean a goal? Or a common theme.

It sounds like what they want is over-arching plot and realistically motivated enemies.

A strong focus as something to strive towards, to prevent inertia from bogging things down.

Is zombies too played out for a campaign idea?

ordinarily maybe, but for magical girls, probably not

you thinkin apocalypse virus, necromancy, or mysterious pre-industrial settlement occult-steeped virus

Was thinking it over, necromancy is probably most appropriate; though an occult virus wouldn't be terrible, probably.

well necromancy gives you
1) need to get past hoard after hoard and kill the summoner
2) bodies being snatched from the morg and the family of the deceased either worried their loved one is out walking a swamp doing the bidding of a witch and desperately looking for someone to find the witch in this Town Of Salem game

I'm gonna look into tabletop murder mystery games so I can ask if we can run one in this system without it being a stupid question. I really wanna run something immersive, thrilling, and festive this Halloween.

There is some Madoka side material that elaborates more on Mami and Kyoko's history together; the situation is not quite what your post is making it out to be. I don't think Mami is territorial or a bully either, although her interactions with Homura show she has become more cynical and wary compared to when she started.

Related to the survival discussion it's probably worth mentioning that in the Madoka universe each city can't sustain more than a few magical girls at once. Any more than 2-3 and there starts to be some serious problems with running out of grief seeds unless they fight as a group and hold themselves back to conserve power or let familiars feed on people.

>although her interactions with Homura show she has become more cynical and wary compared to when she started.
Homura acted super suspicious and tried to hard to be mysterious. Of course Mami would have been cautious around her. If by some divine intervention Mami survived Charlotte in the show's timeline, they probably would have had that talk they should have had at the start.

-but yeah how dare he put Mami that high on a More Evil, Less Evil chart.

Not like any of the Madoka characters are really evil to begin with. Possibly Kyoko during parts of her storyline but even then.

Mami and Sayaka need to be swapped, I think. They had equally good intentions, but Sayaka caused more damage with her foolishness.

I miss you gay homos

A cool, refreshing sarsaparilla.

Core has better Dark/Monstergirls but AMGCYOA has the Patron module. It makes it really hard to choose which one to use to make a build.

Core's got Order & Chaos; Friend & Foe which is their version of the patron module + some GMing premade monsters.

No, that's SCS, you dumbass. Don't make that mistake again.

What I don't wanna see? Same thing I usually don't in any tabletop. A slow-ass slog, excess bookkeeping, the usual.

Good to know you're still alive, Drakon.

Alright, time to ask some divisive shit. What do people want to see in a tabletop system?

>What do people want to see in a tabletop system?
Friggin' Mechs.

Also I forgot, but:
Stat this Yuusha.

Coffee, black

but she needs the fancy lattes to keep up appearances

Rolled 3, 8, 15, 8, 4, 2, 12, 14, 1, 6, 16, 7 = 96 (12d20)

Oddball: Japanese nationalism

Weapon: Ranged

Rolled 4, 8, 11, 16, 15, 18, 20, 1, 14, 5, 11, 9 = 132 (12d20)