/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls General

Mannimarco Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos except the King of Worms

Previous kalpa:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P0TzUNti3rY
youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg
youtube.com/watch?v=TepI6cSZ9S4
youtu.be/ppSPsvO19dU
liveforums.ru/top/details-elisium-if.html?blockedDomain=liveforums.ru
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pocket_Guide_to_the_Empire,_1st_Edition/High_Rock
youtube.com/watch?v=6E5m_XtCX3c
en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Wispmother
en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Lost_Legends
youtu.be/xQMLg0VEm2c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I claim this thread for the glory of Alkosh.

[spoilers]Not today[/spoilers]

What happened to Leyawiin and the Khajiit resistance fighters after Oblivion? Is it still a part of Cyrodiil?

Unknown, though there hasn't been any mention of it changing hands.

Haven't been here in a few months, did the thread stop getting posted on Fridays? Are there new rules or something?

Is Manny the most powerful (mortal) mage in Tamriel? If not, who is?

Depends on the weekend. If threads are started on Friday we will get two in on the weekend, the second one started some tine sunday. If it's started on saturday there will probably only be one.

This isn't a bad thing, a few weeks (months)? ago there was a lot more traffic but we seemed to be getting /tesg/ people for some reason, maybe because ESO. I have no clue.

The week befre last the thread went most of the week, to the point that Friday was skipped over for last weekend's thread. Probably a holdover from that.

Maybe The Sage?

id imagine that like all political movements it burned itself out, or was snuffed out by the established government that recognized the threat of a potential rebellion

Powerful is a pretty nebulous term. You also didn't specify a time period.

Azra Nightwielder could pull off some pretty impressive magical bullshit, and so can Fyr, but in very different ways.

>(mortal)
Hah

Which tes character would enjoy eurobeat

The ACTUAL song of Pelinal
youtube.com/watch?v=P0TzUNti3rY

user, we've been through this already.
youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

Actually...
youtube.com/watch?v=TepI6cSZ9S4

new here, i gotta ask, did any of you get into eso? how?

Rolled 2 (1d100)

yes

No, I am considering it though, since there's a Vvardenfell to go back to. Still I have never played any mmos except for 2007 runescape so I have no clue if it is even worth it.

Their in-game books are shit from what I have read, and there seems to be a fair amount of anachronisms and lore-butchery due to ignorance or laziness. I would need some convincing before I hopped on the eso wagon

Vehk, but that's mostly through cheats/console commands

I just can't be bothered to care about a huge MMO, especially when I don't even like the genre.

Eh, MMOs aren't good at keeping my attention. Plus ESO keeps switching stuff around so much I wouldn't even know how to start playing.

Heck, I don't even know if its subscription or not, and I hate spending too much money on anything.

>Cyrobeat

youtu.be/ppSPsvO19dU

>there is a whole ES community in Russia you will never interact with

What do they talk about?

It it's anything like the Russian Mount and Blade community it's super weird and autistic.

I wonder what headcanons they have.

I remember reading something in the past about powerful mages making their own planes of oblivion. Anyone have any details or sources on that?

So, is there any lore reason for that Dragon appearing from the false-sun in Blackreach? Or is it another case of Bethesda being Bethesda?

Do we have any info on when did Dawnstar take place?

Probably the latter. It shows how old the dwemer were, their mastery over the land and creatures, even their potential understanding of the thu-um or the relation of the thu-um and tonal architecture. But uesp doesn't really list any sources so I guess it's there to be cool.

Does the Elder Scrolls Universe support any forms of blood magic? What kinds? If you had the chance to what would you add in the same subject?

Not as far I know, no. Probably for the best - TES already has necromacy as the taboo magic.

Ive never played it, but Ive kept up with the lore. Its meh. The only real appeal is being able to see previously unexplored parts of Tamriel, but the game really doesn't take advantage of these locations much.

The real shame of ESO is that thanks to it we will probably never have a main series game or expansion to one that focuses on Molag Bal or Coldharbour.

Some of the rituals of the Forsworn and Hagravens in Skyrim seems somewhat blood magicy. These are never really elaborated on however, other then them being some sort of old magic.

Underking > Mannimarco

Wish I understood why they opposed each other though. Maybe because one is trying to die, the other is trying to conquer death?

That's kind of what mankar camoran did but I think he had help from Dagon

Because Underking wants to protect the Empire, and because Mannimarco is an evil elf who wants to become a God. Naturally they would be opposed.

It was my understanding that they were mimicking Lorkhan in some manner and the magic they were using was influenced by that.

I could be wrong, as I'm pretty sure I read that here, but at least with the briarheart have some strong symbolism leaning in that direction.

This guy made some drawings of the different kinds of khajiit, and I think it's pretty good
liveforums.ru/top/details-elisium-if.html?blockedDomain=liveforums.ru

OwO what's this?

ffs. I always play khajiit and this doesn't reflect well on me

Wasn't that nigga Harkon doing some blood shield shit? Also Vampire Lord spells and powers

Necromancy isn't even taboo tho

At least in Skyrim

Then again I have no fucking idea how that works. The spells not the laws

It's taboo in morrowind and oblivion.

Its taboo with the Nords outside of the College of Winterhold as well, and the College keeps its acceptance of Necromancy quiet.

What can you tell me about Reman Cyrodiil and his exploits. He's sounds like an interesting guy.

The guy out-partied Sanguine, for one.

He wanted to put a man on the moon and his last heir was assassinated

So a Tamrielic JFK

During the Middle Dawn he created a Space Empire and created Pelinel
He also BTFO the Akaviri invaders so hard they swore loyalty immediately

>o a Tamrielic JFK
Nah, Reman was actually competent and not connected to organized crime

He is obsessed with fucking things he shouldn't and coming on people he shouldn't.

It's hard to say, since we don't know what religious practices they follow. However, we do know some ritual phrase related to creating Briarhearts:

"Heart of thorn... bones of the wild... in life, Forsworn...
...rise from death, Blood of our Blood."

Personally to me it suggests a relationship to Hircine or nature in general. Some unofficial stuff presents them as like Native Americans - I hate it since it's done so shallowly, but could mske for inspiration on actual lore.

Wouldn't you if your dad fucked a mound of earth?

We also know that Faolin the Red Eagle was the first Brairheat, and it allowed him to take the role of the Rebel in the ceremony, and that the ceremony involving ripping their hearts out has enough connection to Lorkhan than even Neloth thought it could be connected somehow

>Some unofficial stuff presents them as like Native Americans
They're supposed to be Picts, not Amerindians. Its supposed to contrast the British/French thematics of the Bretons and the Druids of Galen

The forsworn do have some Aztec undertones along with classical pict barbarian ones. Namely the shape of their weapons and how they rip out the heart of some people because of stuff related to their gods. Other then that they are pretty much just Picts though.

>I hate it since it's done so shallowly

Yeah the Forsworn are critically underdeveloped as a faction. Makes you wonder why they even bothered to include them, they are just Reach Bandits.

Compare them to something like the Ashlander tribes, it really shows how Bethesda has changed.

Just look at the Silver Hands. Literally just bandits with shinier weapons.

Zurin Arctus is Arkay

But isn't Zurin suppose to be part of the trinity that makes up Talos. He can't be a god and one third

Yeah, you only really get minor depth on them from reading a few scattered lorebooks, but otherwise there's not much on them. Which is a shame, because the Reachmen are an interesting people both culturally and geographically. They are Bretons who migrated back closer to their Nedic homeland, and mingled with both the Nords and the Orsimer. They're culture should be some sort of mixture of Traditional Nordic belief, Orsimer Malacath worship, and the Dirennei Elven Pantheon. They were the first Manmer to be encountered by the Nords, Live in what is essentially the lost fringe territory of the Rourken Dwemer, were once able to expel the Allessian Empire from the Reach, and were the major military force that Chulacain fought against before their loss against Hjalti at Hrol'Dan.

For a people that supposedly had such a presence in the lore, and would no doubt have an interesting culture, religion, and development over time, there's essentially nothing on them and in Skyrim they just amount to a disorganized force of pelt-wearing, axe-dragging daedra worshipers! And for some reason they keep attacking the local Orc Strongholds despite the fact it was supposedly the Orcs who taught them hedge-magic in the first place!

They could've been cool, instead they're just as bland and watered down as the rest of the bloody province

>and mingled with both the Nords
Not this shit again.

I find it extremely doubtful a culture of people can exist in a location without "mingling" with the more native inhabitants of said location.

Even when they hate each others' guts?

Especially if they hate each others' guts.
Take their women, rape them as much as you can, rape their men while you're at it. Hell, children I guess if you're into that. A goat is fine too.
Doubt they would use contraception.

By Arctus I mean his previous incarnation, Arnand the Fox. As in, he was a god before Zurin was even born.
Note, Zurin is also said to bare heavy connections to Magnus as well. When it comes to things like this you have to throw personal logic out the window and realize, that these aren't normal people we are dealing with. While Zurin is a part of Talos that doesn't mean he is literally the substance of Talos. Consider how Orkey, Arkay, and Xarxes are all the same thing.

Mind you this is all just a theory of mine, anyways.

Is there any source that says they intermixed? Is there a source that says they didn't?

PGE1 says that Reachmen had very little Nordic blood, at least by the time of Tiber Septim.

en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pocket_Guide_to_the_Empire,_1st_Edition/High_Rock
>precious little Nord blood flows in the veins of today's Reachmen.

What are these things exactly?

literal frostbite

haha you're so fuckin funny user
answer me bitch

With trips like those how could I refuse.

The answer is we we don't actually know.
Honestly, the literal personification of frostbite is actually the best answer I could come up with.

Elemental spirits. Like spriggans, but of ice instead of the trees. There's not a lot of lore on elemental spirits it seems.

A better question would be, what the fuck is she?

Hot

Just discovered this little tidbit of lore.
A Dreugh song from the previous Kalpa.
youtube.com/watch?v=6E5m_XtCX3c

>Some say they are ghosts, waiting to be laid to rest. Others, that they are all that remains of the Snow Elves who once ruled Skyrim
>Master Sadren Sarethi posits that Wispmothers are a necrologic state, a type of lich-dom developed by a now-forgotten First Era culture. Under his theory, these are no mere ghosts - they are a cult of powerful sorceresses who achieved eternal life through undeath
en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Wispmother
>For generations, the people of Morthal have told whispered tales of the Pale Lady, a ghostly woman who wanders the northern marshes, forever seeking her lost daughter. Some say she steals children who wander astray, others that her sobbing wail strikes dead all those who hear it. But behind these tales may lie a kernel of truth, for ancient records speak of 'Aumriel', a mysterious figure Ysgramor's heirs battled for decades, and finally sealed away
en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Lost_Legends

good on ya

>previous Kalpa

This is one of my favorite memes.

Boo

pull up pussy

Can someone explain this meme to a dumb n'wah?

Someone a few threads ago misspelled the word 'past' and thus created the new canon that the Dreugh are from a pasta kalpa.

What are atronachs and how are they called into the realm seen in the game? How does conjuration in general work?

What Fargoth did after Elder Scrolls III

Driving the mongrel dogs of the Empire

>for some reason they keep attacking the local Orc Strongholds despite the fact it was supposedly the Orcs who taught them hedge-magic in the first place!
>They could've been cool, instead they're just as bland and watered down as the rest of the bloody province
Blame the hagravens for leading their culture astray.

those games arent canon most likely

non daedric elementals

fargoth is the canon nerevarine

youtu.be/xQMLg0VEm2c

The only thing you could use to date it is that going by the Cyrodiilic-sounding name of the Governor, it probably was at some time while Skyrim was part of the Empire.

Really, both Stormhold and Dawnstar (particularly the latter) are more or less forgotten games, and there's now a whole lot to them. Of all the mobile games, Shadowkey is the really neat one.

Tried the other thread and got no response. I've been playing Morrowind, and I've recently gotten to Bittercup.

Is it better to have 120 Endurance at Level 13 and increase health to insane levels especially late game, or increase Intelligence to 120 with Atronach sign and roll in all the magicka right now?

Bethesda Quality.

>Tfw no qt Slav gf to discuss lore with while she kicks my ass at CSGO.
Why even live?

>not posting based slavic cosplayers

Oh my goodness, its the feet and face pic all over again. Oh my goodness no. This needs to stop. THey need to stop taking his feet and his face. This is so uncomfortable because its so real. THat being said, I think its time to loose some weight, get some prosthetic feet and cosplay as almalexia.

Unless you've modded it, the Bittercup shouldn't be able to raise attributes past 100. That said, early Endurance is generally the best option unless you're really hurting for magicka.

Code patch. Thank you.

Happy fathers day /tgesg/