"Weird Modern" Plot Hooks

>there is a curse on the newscaster's position on a major channel that forces the newscaster act like a stand-up comedian

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ey3s6eVG5PU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>everything /pol/ says is true
Thank me later boy

Isn't that just unknown armies?

>The tour guide for a particular well known tourist attraction cannot go one week without vanishign for a day, and when he comes back he's always somehow different. Nobody knows where he goes but people swear that sometimes he just mindlessly walks through walls as if he's not paying attention

Yeah

Even the contradictory stuff is true.

Bump, this thread is my jam. I'll bump with art so it stays up, and post ideas when they come to me.

>There is a cursed intersection at which one fatal accident occurs on the same day of the year, every year.

>>everything /pol/ says is true
I've been out of the loop, can someone give me a quick rundown?

god i hope nobody responds

it's just a lot of racism and anti-semiticism, please don't turn this cool thread into that.

Responding to your pic.

>Weird creature that wears a fur hoodie over their face does nothing but ride subway trains all day. People who act out, or bother other passengers tend to go missing a few days later.

>Posters on an image board suddenly develop autism after several weeks of use.

People who ride the B-line on the train until the last stop at night disappear.

No one knows where they go to, but isn't that the line your cousin takes home from work? He apparently hasn't come back yet...

It's winter out, and while people are gathering in public squares to sing songs of cheer, some people are reporting that they can hear their names being called in the wind.

Graffiti covering local buildings seems to show accurate portrayals of events in the past, present, and future.

Can never go wrong with introducing some weird fad or new drug that's taking over people's minds.

>Can never go wrong with introducing some weird fad or new drug that's taking over people's minds.
Yeah you can, by giving them sentient hivemind krocodile

Sign me up, cyka.

>Graffiti covering local buildings seems to show accurate portrayals of events in the past, present, and future

I enjoy this very much

I feel like it could easily lead into a goose chase across the city, where the breadcrumbs are increasingly elaborate portrayals of the artist messing with the PCs.

A local store says in its radio advertisements that they "Have great sales eight days a week." It's true.

Fuck

I started seriously browsing tg last summer

>Had a job, girlfriend , lived in a penthouse ,10k in savings.

This summer

>Unemployed , single, living with my mum, 500 to my name.

You can't explain that.

Nice legs, babe.

You know what'd be funny, they always put pictures of someone and call him jewish "X", why dont they put a real jew in there, like Adolf Hitler, jewish dictator who ruined germany by sending thousands of strong german men to their deaths and leading the way for the nation to be cucked to death.

thanks for keeping the thread bumped, shitposters!

>You know how everyone keeps yakkin' on about God and how Heaven is a place on Earth and that lfie is Hell etc etc etc
>They're not wrong.
>Earth is actually the result of a cataclysm that fused Heaven and Hell together. None of us or what we assume is what it seems.

do you guys know that you are killing a fun thred?

Ignore them. That is literally how you win. You never look at them, respond, or acknowledge them, and why would you with how exhausted you are of their endless small man need to prove to you how good their agenda is? Do this, and they will become angry and bored, and leave, or get themselves banned like the tribalists they are.

A local high price cocktail bar started selling drinks with fruits that don't exist, at least not in this dimension.

People say things like "Chikava fruit? That grows in the Phillipines right? Or Africa or somewhere?"

After all they're really delicious...

Holy fuck don't click on the image it's too big

>there is that one gas station run by that nice old man, it's right on the edge of the bad part of town but nothing ever happens there, come to think of it there is no graffiti within a 50-meter radios of it either

>no graffiti within 50-meter radios

what kinda waves is that thing givin' off

fuck me and my spellcheck

>A recently released medieval rpg sets your in-game stats with your real life stats, levelling up strength in the game makes you stronger in real life

Stole this from scp

There is a car with a Chinese parked on the side of the road in a small hodunk Kansas town. The locals aren't really sure how it got there. It was just there one day, and hasn't been moved since.

Chinese license plate*

How the fuck did I forget the most important detail?

there is a shady guy standing outside of your apartment, strange thing is, he has been in the same position for the past three days

>mods removed polposting pretty fast
>nobody fed them

I'm proud of Veeky Forums on this day. Great thread so far

To be fair, I was baiting them into the "quick rundown" meme, which is pretty much the definition of a weird modern plothook.
youtube.com/watch?v=ey3s6eVG5PU

>The local newspaper has an advice column.
>None of the workers have ever written for an advice column, but somehow it always appears on the printed paper.
>Most of the time it's good advice.
>Sometimes it's stuff like "kill your boss".

>they learned fluent french in under a week
>white flag

>>Most of the time it's good advice.
>>Sometimes it's stuff like "kill your boss".
I fail to see how that is mutually exclusive.

>Homeless begging for change in the city seems to know and interact with each other. There are a lot of rumors about how they are all members of a secret guild and are actually rich as fuck.

Underrated post, that's a great setting base that isn't used enough.

>unemployed, single, borrowing car, living with parents
>started seriously browsing Veeky Forums
>1 year later
>2 jobs, transitioning to 1 job with better pay than both combined, gf, car, still living with parents
You can't explain that

> Pizzas arrive before they're even ordered.
> Stores are stocked overnight by goblins, orcs, and other 'evil' races. This is unremarkable until one eats a shoplifter.
> Cars become sapient overnight.
> A talking cat appears on a prime-time talk show, claiming that cats can all speak human languages fluently, but ignore humans in their usual aloof manner because they're cats.
> An experiment in clean energy ruptured the barrier between dimensions
> That was a few years ago. Now there's a crisis of alien refugees fleeing a great evil.
> The great evil also turns out to be fleeing an even greater evil
> The dimensions are found to wrap around onto each other, and it turns out they were all fleeing humans but forgot what they were running FROM.

We have a mod that's actually keeping containment? Wow.

>college setting
>drunken frat bros start slowly disappearing
>nobody notices that the only common factor is the shy wallflower who shows up uninvited to every party

How do the sorors figure into this?

Keep /pol/ in /pol/ and,

Lurk moar.

She stays away from them because it's easier for her to be noticed if she goes to their parties, she might be recognized as an outsider

Also she's a succubus, occasionally she might snag a lesbian or two but there's more fresh meat to be had around the frats

Also, lesbians are better at figuring out if something up
They're good at smelling something fishy

Keep em comin

oh shit

Krokodil is just bad heroin

it's not his fault no one else can perceive the illusory walls

>started browsing b mostly in 2008-9
>unemployed, living with roomates in a big house, got a girlfriend when a roomate brought a girl over, broke
>this year
>shitty job, just quit a better paying job for less stress, engaged to a different girl (a few in between), living with her in a studio apartment in a major city, have thousands in the bank but her student loans are more
dont blame the 4 chins

pic related only happens on Sunday night at 11pm-midnight. Then it flickers back on until a week later.

Sometimes strange people walk into dressing rooms at a local department store, but seem to vanish without a trace. Many hours or days later they may walk out from a different dressing room in the same store, but nobody has noticed this so far.

oops.

>rich hobos
this is a common belief where i live

it's really not. it's cheaper and used instead of heroin but they are very different.

People don't go out and get addicted to it
It is given to them by people that don't know how to chemistry usually and next thing they know their foot is in a bucket.

Number please?