Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/, Pathfinder, and Starfinder)

When was the last time you REALLY dropped your spaghetti? As a player or GM.

PoW errata: dreamscarred.com/path-war-errata/

Link repository; point out problems if found: ghostbin.com/paste/tx5h8
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?296803-Pathfinder-mini-guide-Casting-spells-from-other-lists
discord.gg/cJqW2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Saged and reported. Please ignore this piece of shit of a thread, /pgg/.

Real new thread:

It's been a while since I've dropped my spaghetti.

I don't play this game but I am just here for the pics.

How does the Bloodrager stack up these days? How would you rate the Shadow bloodline that came with Blood of Shadows? Could anything fun be done with a Fetchling Bloodrager with the Shadow/Aberrant bloodlines (presumably Crossblooded)?

I was looking for a good Bloodrager guide, but despite a lot of people saying that the Bloodrager is incredibly solid and a good addition and so on and so forth, the last "Handbook" I could find was an incredibly outdated one from 2014 (and unfinished, at that).

Bloodrager is solid in the way Skald is solid - it takes a decent melee class and gives it decent spell abilities. I know that's not really helpful but

>Please ignore this piece of shit of a thread
Y, tho?

Shitpost OP that shouldn't be tolerated. Please sage so it can die.

I see no shitposting, though. Appears to be an identical OP, except this one was up first, and thus takes precedence. You think this is shitposting, you should see the Warhammer Fantasy General and how the OP is consistently hijacked by a shitposting End Times/AoS fag that insists on injecting his own setting.

This, this is nothing.

How do you handle one on one duel?

It's just a butthurt faggot who's mad that his thread wasn't first.

By saging and reporting the thread that came second.

Anime picture, /pfg/ shittery, literally made by 2hu.
Either way, this thread is dead. Almost everyone is in the proper thread. Stop shitting up the board by bumping this shit.

First time I hear about Starfinder. Someone gove me the cliff notes?

Starfinder discussion is going on in the real thread right now.

Does anyone else punish their players for not roleplaying or describing their actions, or giving a description that would be literally impossible, like dodging a RE1-style roof trap?

But this IS the real thread. The other one is a shitposting thread.

No, I tell them that they can't do the impossible but they can make it possible. I am not critical on how they play, unless they are not even paying attention.

There's rules for magic duels, if that's what you're thinking. Otherwise it seems to me just a regular encounter that stops at a preset threshold of HP, is invalid if someone interferes, and ends if either side withdraws (concedes). Start at a distance of 20 ft, initiative goes by pure modifier instead of rolling (because the start is announced by the ref).

I don't punish them, but I do sometimes overrule. Not necessarily for the former, because I think that's something I should discuss with him privately after the game.

>made by 2hu

What the fuck is your problem, user? 2hu is super knowledgeable about this shit. How is that a criticism?

>he thinks 2hu made this op

no.

>anime picture
Are you seriously bitching about animu grills on Veeky Forums, esp. in relation to Pathfinder?
>/pfg/ shittery
How? What? This *is* the /pfg/ no? The other thread isn't even marked as /pfg/, but it should be, so people find it. If the intent is for a unified Paizo/Pathfinder general, you're going to have to live with /pfg/. Either that, or try to keep two separate generals alive, but don't be such a sperg.
>literally made by 2hu
Who and why would I care?

The real thread? Wat? There's this thread and the late duplicate thread. Are you seriously going "Dohoho, come to MY thread if you want to know mooore!"?

Have you confessed your undying love and gotten chastely and lovingly married to the Erodaemon yet?

>erodaemon
>love

because their thing is literally breaking hearts

Any personal experience? And would a fetchling and the shadow bloodline work without sucking ass?

Can anyone tell me if there's a way for a Cleric to cast Arcane spells without prestiging or something? Not all of them I just want to grab one or two non-cantrip spells, level 3 or 4.

Use Magic Device.

That's the joke, you imprison them in your house and force them to hug you and cuddle with you. You ignore their silent sobbing in the shower

Not him, I'm not really experienced with fetchlings, but considering Shadow Con and Shadow Evoc are free spells you get, I can't imagine Shadow "sucking ass" unless you actively build against it. Try taking Spell Focus and G. Spell Focus on the Illusion school to pump your DC as much as you can for those two.

giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?296803-Pathfinder-mini-guide-Casting-spells-from-other-lists

The list is out of date so it's could be missing newer things, but hopefully you'll still find something that works for you.

Unnerving Gaze instead of your SLAs and Shadow School is pretty decent.

Thanks
Also, is it common to port 3.5e prestige classes to Pathfinder? I know Pathfinder is supposed to be "3.5e but not from 2003" but I'm not sure how interchangeable the systems are supposed to be
Sorry if it's a dumb question

>Requirements: Ability to cast divine spells, caster level 7th, worshiper of a Great Old One or Outer God.
O MY HASTUR

Are Erodaemons basically /r9k/ stacies/thots?

That feat makes me want to play a cultist sometime, because it's flavorful and powerful and I already like Lovecraftian stuff anyway. Just gotta find the right campaign for it...

>not joining them in the shower for some steamy affection

Are you an idiot?

*cue screaming and crying about how she doesn't -want- to create life and how you smiply -must- take the dimensional anchor off her this instant or she'll go insane*

Come in and shitpost Pathfinder/Starfinder: discord.gg/cJqW2

It's common, but porting is necessary. It's not compatible as-is. Assumptions are slightly different, so wording has to be revised, abilities rebalanced, and requirements tweaked.

I wrap my arms around her and tenderly kiss the nape of her neck while she cries.
Your move, DM.

>Try taking Spell Focus and G. Spell Focus on the Illusion school to pump your DC as much as you can for those two.
I would love to, but I'm hesitant considering that the Bloodrager seems to get a very limited number of spells known and spells per day - is it worth investing in caster-centric feats?

As a protector of balance that specifically targets key individuals that may tip the balance in any way. A Druid||Assassin or Ranger||Assassin comes to mind.

Fuck, the more I think of the prestige gestalt idea, the more I like it.

Shadow Conj and Shadow Evoc don't require you to know the spell you shadow, meaning you can cast Fireball, Black Tentacles, or Greater Aggressive Thundercloud as long as people don't make the Will save to Disbelieve your Shadow spell. Essentially, they give you every Wizard Conj / Evocation spell of 4th level or lower as long as people don't make a will save, which can be useful, esp. since allies can CHOOSE to fail their saves. It really depends on how many feats your build otherwise requires.

>trying to sink this thread by baiting discord shitposting
I'm onto you

This was meant for this because I'm a retard, if it helps.

Not baiting, just offering an outlet for shitposting as most peeps there are pf-virgins anyway.

What happens if you Shadow Conjuration a shadow?

>bumping a dead thread
Let it die, user.

>What happens if you Shadow Conjuration a shadow?

You conjure a illusory shadow, obviously.

So when is Starfinder released?

August 2017, the website has not changed. Google moar newfag

Is there any Adventure Path that revolves around the Starstone/Test of the Starstone? Might actually make a pretty compelling basis for that gestalt game I was thinking about, with more-powerful-than-average heroes/half-deities.

>Google moar newfag
But then what would I have you guys for?

Seriously though, thanks, I hadn't heard about this before and I don't usually keep track of Pathfinder/Paizo stuff.

Can anybody lay out the reasons why I should make my nerdly scholar a Wizard vs a Sage Sorcerer?

And as I'm going Conjuration, how does Master Summoner stack up?

Campaign will eventually go Mythic but not until much later.

>Can anybody lay out the reasons why I should make my nerdly scholar a Wizard vs a Sage Sorcerer?
Personally, I consider Sage Sorcerer flat-out superior to Wizard. The main benefits of the wizard seem to be item creation feats, the extra social skills, and the various archetypes. I think it's very hard to gauge if any of that is worth it to you, though. I'm personally a real sucker for crossblooded, so you'd be hard-pressed to sell the wizard to me, especially as I consider the archetypes lackluster.

Of course, the wizard's flexibility is unmatched.

>And as I'm going Conjuration, how does Master Summoner stack up?
The Summoner archetype? Summoner is fundamentally very different from Wizard/Sorcerer, honestly - and sadly, because I like the idea of having a lot of summons, but summoners are mostly all about the eidolon, but Master Summoner chips into that core mechanic, making it more of a traditional summoner, but the result is generic, so I'm not a fan.

Also, RAW, it only applies to Summon Monster I, for some really weird reason. I suspect it's meant to apply to all the Summon Monster increments the Summoner gets (and Gate), based on some of the wording, but RAW, it only seems to apply to the first one. Which is fucking weird.

A Silver Spindle Ioun Stone can get you any 1st level spell as a spell-like ability, three times a day. If your DM allows for magical item crafting you can use that as a baseline and make it stronger? Alternatively they have one that can spell-store a third level spell, if you just need to toss one out occasionally and there's a caster you can get to help out.

There's also a few other items that do this for a less expensive cost, like Mantle of the Troll King gives you Burning Hands, and Helm of the Serpent gives you a bunch of high level stuff iirc.

Sage sorcerer doesn't even hold a candle to wizard.

Reminder to lovingly caress your erodaemon bride.

>Sage sorcerer doesn't even hold a candle to wizard.
Why? I've always been a fan of Sorcerer over Wizard mechanically, but I prefer the idea of a sagely scholarly type to that of "It's inherent lol I guess I'm like a dragon or something?", so I've always liked the idea of a Sage Sorcerer. But I've never had a chance to play Pathfinder.

I don't understand why Exhack isn't doing anything. Can't he just delete the listing if he's not going to actually run the game or update it instead of begging for more time every time the deadline hits? I think everyone is expecting to be a bamboozle already so it's not like people will be Molthune or TSS butthurt.

>actually preserving this thread by tactical bumping for an entire day
Now that's dedicated autism.

Hardly any more than antianimefag doing so for three threads in a row.

>autism
I'll tell you what's autism: Get so upset over animu grills on an animu board that you start a second thread for basically no reason. Now that's autism.

Also, I didn't tactically bump this thread, I simply posted in it because it was the going /pfg/ and it was open in a tab when I got up this morning, and the conversation carried from there. More or less.

Don't want duplicate threads? Don't create duplicate fucking threads.

Alright, to set the thread off since the other thread/branch is dying (why the fuck did the branching even get to a second thread?)

What is the best Adventure Path? If I ever start running Pathfinder, what should I run? Also, are Adventure Paths usually well-paced? Supposedly, they often run you from lvl 1 to lvl 15 or 18, and coming from other systems, that seems incredibly fast to me, but are Adventure Paths usually broken up to last a really long time, in-universe?

Would be odd to see someone go from peasant to punching planars in a matter of in-game weeks, or even months.

Hi again, /pfg/, I'm actually doing some writeup of my Prestige Gestalt System later, as a homebrew, and I wanted some input.

What are the "lowest" Prestige Classes that could easily be adapted to be taken at level 1 or 2 (or may even be possible to take already at level 2, even if it requires very specific builds)? Preferably, I'd like to have something that would fit well with just about any character type, so it doesn't feel awkward for anyone, and the more "generic" we're talking, the better.

Eldritch Knight, Arcane Archer and Arcane Trickster are all in, so we've got arcane spellcaster/warrior/rogue/archer covered, at least, but what else? And are there any gaps that I should think of?

At the moment, I'm having a hard time coming up with what would be a good early prestige class that could be adapted for 1st/2nd level for vanilla rogues that don't want to be assassins, arcane casters (arcane tricksters) or do supernatural fuckery (shadowdancers).

Mystic Theurge, kind of, if you're not too alarmed by giving Wizards divine 5-casting.

Fair point, that'd work from 2nd level, and although it's cheese, I don't see an inherent reason to ban it or anything.

I don't understand why people say racism does not exist in Golarion when there is literally a book that details stereotypes and discrimination each ethnic group might experience. For example, all Kellid are fur-wearing savages, or the Ulfen are smelly rapists who are naturally good at sailing.

You can choose two futures, /pgg/

In the first, Pathfinder is now a mechanically superior game to 5e. It's great, fantastic, absolutely wonderful. The only stickler is that Rory is now an important character in the lore. We're talking "major god" levels of important

In the second, Pathfinder continues on. But there is no Rory. Which future do you choose?

The first? How is this even a fucking question I just brew the setting away ffs

>implying 5e is a mechanically superior game to Pathfinder
Back to /5eg/. Pathfinder has a slew of fucking issues and I'm not even going to pretend it's a good system, mechanically, but don't pretend 5e is anything but garbage there.

Literally both of those stereotypes are absolutely true.

The first. I ignore major deities like Asmodeus or Pharasma all the time.
What's his Portfolio?

First, I have faith that the Rat Goddess resultant from this change will one day smite the dog.

Fluffy tails, muscleboys, STR-faggotry, awoos

I use my own setting anyway. Go ahead and gimme that improved system.

I mean depending on what you want from a game it might be. Honestly they could have done better but I do like the lower power level myself, just wish there was more content.

How is this even a question? The first one, absolutely. The existence of a Rorygod just adds further fuel for the General.

#NotAllUlfen

Holy war between the Rat Goddess' and Rory's followers fucking when?

Ulfen need to be exterminated

Cultural Marxist user just go away
Nobody cares about your insane genocidal ravings

Wouldn't a cultural Marxist save an ethnic minority? Not destroy them?

Yes, but Hwites are never an ethnic minority. They can only ever be the oppressor. Have you learned nothing in social justice class, user?

Ok, so, lets talk Noetic Mystic

Conceptually I love the idea of this Archetype. I like the Wilder, its my favorite psionic class, the Mystic has always intrigued me, the result should go together like peanutbutter and jelly.
It unfortunately, has not. Let me explain

See, replacing Arcane Defense with surging euphoria is OK, its actually a decent trade, not great but overall its fine
The problem comes with the Animus Surge, basically, you can choose to surge on a maneuver and exceed the usual animus limit with said boosted animus

This gives a variety of effects, but honestly? Most of the Animus boosts are pretty meh. Insight bonuses to hit, increase DC, do 1/2 your level in damage (what? How is this a thing), penetrate resistance and teleports.. They're all ok

but the thing is, is getting a few more of those limited boosts.. How does that compare to, say
Massively increasing your groups mobility with Air glyph
Which at 19th level gives them all pounce + an extra attack that stacks with haste
or Darkness glyph both protecting people with concealment, as well as making invisible enemies a total joke
Earth that makes them much, much tankier and protects from combat maneuvers
Fire, which is WAY BIGGER damage boost than Animus surge and Surging euphoria combined
Same goes of Illumination, which makes illusions worthless, Metal, which gives fort saves and AC boosts, as well as later ignoring DR, and Water, which gives goddamn freedom of movement

Elemental Glyphs are INSANELY strong, and they function as a force multiplier that will stack with most other force multipliers like Bard shit, making them absolutely insane.

When you trade out elemental Glyphs with an archetype, whatever replaces them needs to be fucking-strong-, you're giving away the Mystic's core as team support, so you better get something big out of it
Animus surge isn't that. Its honestly not even close, the boosts animus augments offer from the current Mystic are rather lacking in punch.

Noetic Mystic is conceptually a 'selfish' archetype of the Mystic, but its selfish powers are so weak its hardly even worth doing. Were it to be doing something like that, perhaps it could be applying a Glyph of its choice to itself, but not to allies, this would give it a clear identity as a very SELFISH Mystic, one that can potentially do much greater things on its own than other Mystics, won't be as good as a party contributor.

As it is, Noetic Mystic is just a straight up downgrade in almost every aspect, in addition to the baffling choice to give it Wild Talent as a free feat to make it psionic rather than Awakened Animus, which would play way better with its 'psionic' flavor mechanically, as well as natively allow Animus -> PP conversion for use with Sleeping Goddess.

In addition, lets look at its Discipline spread.

E-flux is Int based skillwise
Riven Hourglass, Sleeping Goddess, and Solar Flare are Wisdom based
Veiled moon is Dex based and the only Charisma based one is Mithral Current

Realistically, this is very bad, it means that a large majority of its Counters are going to be weaker than normal, it may be worth considering giving the Noetic Mystic Charisma based Autohypnosis, or a boost of some kind to the skill, letting it use whats arguably its signature discipline as a Psionic Mystic, Sleeping Goddess, much more effectively.

Ulfen are absolutely a minority. You're thinking of Chelaxians and Taldans. Those with Azlanti blood. All the rest are analogous to non-whites.

>ulfen
>literally vikings: the ethnicity
>analogous to nonwhites
Drugs are bad, nigger

>rapist caricatures
>ever approaching the nuance and nobility of the Scandinavian peoples

If Swedes were just vikings, they wouldn't be whites either, user. Geez.

Cartman, please, minority means "Being an ethnicity or a culture within a region where they are not the dominant ethnicity or culture" meaning Ulfen are a minority in Varisia where they are most commonly found outside of Irrisen and Land of the Linnorm Kings.
But you are wrong too, nigger.

If Swedes were just vikings, we'd have a LOT less problems today.
Also, trust worldwide idiots to not have a clue about the vikings.
Yes, but that'd be logical reasoning, not cultural marxist programming.

Ingimundr the Unruly is the only one that's actually a rapist stereotype, people like Svein Blood-Eagle and White Estrid are quite noble.

They're not white though

If I PM you, can I score some quality time with Aurelia?

Is there a way to share senses with a familiar if you're not an arcane caster? Doesn't have to be long, just long enough that a character with the clouded vision Oracle curse would be able to see that there's an enemy army incoming on the horizon or something.

I want to have a sneaky steamy sojourn with Sappy-sama's slender smug small-chested Shelynite slut!

>ever taking Clouded Vision
>ever
nigga you goofed

Sappy is old and busted

I know, it's not the best choice mechanically, but it fits the character well enough. My other choice would be Lame, but I just feel really eh on it.

Plus, it fits the art I found, and damned if I'm going to spend more time digging. I'm really picky about character art, it took me 4 hours of browsing a couple sites before I found something I was fairly okay with.

Besides, I have a Thrush familiar that can tell me where big shit's coming from, so it's not so bad.

Yeah, well you've got a lazy eye and your tits hang down to your navel!

Have you considered any of the Corruption curses? If you're allowed to take them, that is.

Rude