MTG Standard General

This week on MTG: Standard:

>Aetherworks got btfo out of legal
>Ixalan cards got leaked
>Some other shit maybe, I don't know, I don't even play this game

How accurate is the Mise Eyes app for card prices?

>Some other shit maybe, I don't know, I don't even play this game
Last time I played with my own deck was years ago and I have been posting in these threads non-stop. Fuck.

all decks are okay edition

So did this guy jack an entire sheet or something?

I'm going to play RW Allies Equipment until rotation.
I'll build something on Ixalan and hold on to it until 2019. Probably Control with a Pirate subtheme. "Everything I don't kill or counterspell is mine. "

Mono Red Madness Hazoret is looking pretty dank, anyone tried it?

no he stole about 4 sheets, all of the rares and mythics iirc

>not playing a comfy weekly drafts with boyz after work

next step should be miscutting them and selling @ 300% markup

>despite our lgs dying, my friends gather enough players to do drafts every week
>I am at work out of town every time they draft
It hurts. I fear that when I get to live back at home, magic will die altogether.

Sup Veeky Forums I played my first FNM standard last night.

Played pic related got top 8 (Actually got 9 but the guy above me left, and that allowed me to walk home with the promo card)

Any suggestions on changes i could make for cheap?

So what's the best deck post rotation? Jund Aggro?

Drop Devoted Crop-Mate.
Add Bloodlust Inciter. I would also consider some more spot removal.
How's the deck playing? How did you lost most times?

Lost to Plummer trample/Fling just overpowering me for right before I could finish and not having an answer. And then to control just countering literally Everything I played despite good draws and throwing Torrential gear hulks down.

The star of the deck really felt like Thalia's Lieutenant followed by garrison. Cast Out felt like it was too expensive. Hanwier Battlements Didnt really feel to useful, I did get writhing township off once but I had pretty much already won that turn. I had One of the glorybringers sideboarded for Samut for a while and she performed fine.

going to try using my 2 Prowling serpopards instead of the glorybringers for the control matchup next time.

Ride Down is nice tech against Gearhulks, they never see it coming.
Plummer is sideboard match. Repel the Abominable is the perfect card for you.
Cast Out is expensive and should be on the Sideboard for Planeswalker heavy players.
Try to drop the curve a little.

Don't listen to this person

Gearhulk was oppressive more for its ETB then for blockers. By the time It was on the board I had no way of dealing enough damage to kill them before their gearhulks could kill me because every creature I played or attacked with was countered or killed by Harnessed lightning after a certain point.

Pic related is probably better then repel the abominble?

Forgot pic

This is better then Repel unless you are playing a human beat down list.

I'm playing new perspectives on MTGO, how do I stop misclicks and get good?

>one day it will be safe to cut manglehorns from the main for more glorybringers

He's playing a Human Beatdown list and Haze of Polen dosen't save you from Fling.

If you are struggling with a fling list, aka Electro Static, you aren't running nearly enough spot removal. Bringing in a fog is a stupid nieche answer to 1 deck, while some kind of instant speed 1-3 mana removal spell will help in a much broader way.

Onesided fogs can be devastating on grindy boards, this one also acts as protection from damage based removal. And it's the best awnser ever to Electrostatic because your opponent will spend all it's fuel to obtain the kill.
More spot removal will make the deck more suceptible to control, a match he's already having trouble with. A well played eletrostatic deck will fizzle spot removal,

Which sounds more fun with the new stuff incoming? Esper cycle Drake Haven/Faith jank, or try to get an Esper embalm/zombie tokens deck together to play with eternalize later?