pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/xanathars-guide-everything
dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/tomb-annihilation
lordbyng.net/inspiration/results.php
donjon.bin.sh/5e/magic/shop.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why does the ixitxachitl cleric in Out of the Abyss have the Create or Destroy Water spell? Isn't that like human clerics having a Create or Destroy Air spell?

that fighter looks like he's judging whatever that druid is doing to that tree

Why would a firbolg be a paladin, any backstory ideas

You answered your own question, retard.

You don't play a valor bard because you want to maximise numbers, you play a valor bard because you want to gish.
Stone sorcerer isn't going to do as much damage as any other sorcerer when maxing strength and hitting shit with cantrips and smites, but it doesn't stop people from playing them like that.

Becuase if one gets into a situation without water senpai, would you want to suffocate if you had magic to prevent it

>Stone sorcerer isn't going to do as much damage as any other sorcerer when maxing strength and hitting shit with cantrips and smites, but it doesn't stop people from playing them like that.
If your DM does the adventuring day properly, I'd expect stone sorcerer to average more damgae, though.
Much like the valor bard averages more damgae.

This isn't maximizing numbers. This is maximizing versatility and utility in favour of having lower numbers.

That seems very situational, especially since it requires some sort of container to work. Really, how often do these things end up outside of the water? There are other first level spells that you'd think would be more useful to an intelligent, evil stingray.

The world is an open container senpai

>If your DM does the adventuring day properly
How does one do the adventuring day properly?

Kaisho is that you?

>dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/xanathars-guide-everything
>dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/tomb-annihilation
How hype are you?

Curse Bringer StrHexblade
or Sword n' Board Dexblade?
And should I splash Paladin for heavy armour/smite?
I have the stats to support a MAD build.

How would you communicate with a soul confined to a magical item? Would Speak with Dead work?

Not 'two encounters then long rest'

More like' 1/2 encounters, short rest, 1/2 encounters, short rest,1/2 encounters, long rest'
With variation, obviously.

That's how the game is balanced, at least.

true resurrection

Speak with Dead requires a mouth, and it doesn't actually connect to a soul, but the animating spirit of the corpse.

Very hype for XGtE. Not particularly hype for ToA.

So speak with dead wouldnt work if you sewd the mouth shut

Well it would work, but the corpse would probably only be able to mumble.

Meh

Honestly I'm more worried that XGtE is going to flood the game with a bunch of garbage subclasses

Is the Monster Menagerie 2 beholder mini xanathar? I didn't realize. Also, why does he like his fish so much

Ain't that why Red Wizard either cremate/disintegrate or remove the tongues of their dead?

What if I cut off the mouth?

Evil crime bosses need a pet, he can't stroke a white cat and being so paranoid wouldn't trust anything with claws and teeth so near him, so a goldfish, also doesn't run away and comes in a round (objectively superior shape) container.

I like to think it was a former enemy of his/threat to his position who he had true polymorphed, but thats a good answer

Lets say I'm playing as a Kenku Tempest Cleric and I cast Thaumaturgy to make my voice three times as loud while using Mimicry to sound like a dragon, Would it make sense to:

-Change the mimicry check into intimidation

-Get advantage on my check

This situation came up today and my DM wouldn't allow me to get advantage, but would allow to change the check. I was pretty disappointed because my group is filled with murderhobos and I wanted to scare off the encounter, rather than fight it.

If mouth means jaw, tongue, teeth and lips I don't know.

Apparantly it dies from time to time as goldfish do, tringerrig hijinks as his henchmen scramble to replace it before he notices and starts death ray/disintegrate/fireballing everything apart in a tantrum.

Take the whole lower half of the skull and chuck it into the nearest body of water

>Rolled stats
>Now have 20 STR and 18 CON as a level 3 Barbarian
Being a flesh tank that can actually do damage is fun!

Top kek

>Change the mimicry check into intimidation
No. Your using your mimicry to deceive them. If you fail, they just realise it isn't a dragon. If you succeed, they think it's a dragon and will act accordingly

What's with all the firbolg hate here?
does this trigger you anons

Naw, have fun with your 8 foot tumblr-nosed smurf.

I like Firbolgs.

I'm having trouble deciding my Sorcerer's spells for level 3. I'm torn between Mage Armor, Shield, Misty Step, or Mirror Image. My other spells right now are Magic Missile, Burning Hands, and Scorching Ray. My AC is only 12 so I'm trying to figure out what would be better. I'm thinking Shield because Mage Armor would only boost me to 15 AC, while Shield puts me at 17 when active. Misty Step would allow me to teleport to a safe area, but it's expensive. Mirror Image sounds really good, but I'm not sure. I'm going to be using the Spell Points variant rule, and DM is letting me combine them with my Sorcery Points into one big pool. I also have an item that increases my Spell Points a bit more, so I have a decent chunk. Cost isn't a big deal.

Stop rolling for stats.

Whats the consensus on the protection fighting style i never even see it mentioned here?

I can understand the large bulbous nose, but why is it Fire Engine Red?

is that you, Inspector?

Why would it make sense to do either?

It specifically cannot make the sounds have additional impact, just change the volume within reasonable levels.

I would not have allowed an intimidate check. You are using mimicry. If you roared and made an intimidate check with magic help, I would change the setup slightly (different target number maybe), but I would not change the mimicry test to an intimidate rest. That makes no sense.

Also wouldn't give advantage. That is not within what the spell does, and your description of what you did have no reason to just hand you an advantage on your check.

good
I will :^)

What are some low-level magical items (stuff for like 2nd level players) that aren't just Scroll of Spell?

Something that's got some usefulness / personality but won't make them OP as hell. Are there any good online resources of custom magic items? I don't mind if they're kind of silly.

Because he's blushing user, not everyone has human face anatomy like you

He's very turned on.

>having the filename be the same as the image text
Stat rollers are the worst kind of people.

I liked them more in AD&D where they were honorable warriors outcast from the rest of giant society for failing to fall in line with the caste system.

Oath of the ancients

How powerful is primal awareness? I want to use it in combat but the revise one take too long to active.

Plumber's Boots.
When taking fall damage you deal three times as much fall damage to creatures unfortunate enough to be beneath you when you land.

This.

Which class is best for teleporting around while hitting them? Preferably not shadow monk because its limited to shadows

lordbyng.net/inspiration/results.php
One specifically for lesser items.

donjon.bin.sh/5e/magic/shop.html
This one has so random affixes on various magic items, I just roll and take interesting bits and put them in loot stashes.

Rolled 3, 1, 6, 4, 1, 3, 6, 1, 2, 3, 6, 5, 1, 1, 3, 4, 6, 3 = 59 (18d6)

No, I always roll godlike stats

If I strap a buckler or shield to my arm, can I still use my hand to wield a weapon with no disadvantages?

No. A shield takes up your hand, period.

Im already doing that, I need a story not an oath
Who ever said they aren't that user, volo doesn't have to give you the full background of the race in just 2 pages

>dem ones
>godlike

Couldn't a buckler only give you a +1 ac boost if you wanted to homebrew it in

Mix it up, being a Fey and serving they wild, probably a geas for a ancient misdeed.

archfey bladelock, use misty step and teleport using archfey pact ability when hit

nothin personnel...

>Raging barbarians dealing 60d6 damage while taking 10d6 damage at level 2 and going unconscious
>60d6

Bucklers are small handheld shields for fencing style combat.

If he can set up a fall from that height it's good to go.

>not just casting darkness 60 feet away and teleporting into it

Nomad mystic, Feylock or Horizon Walker Ranger.

Do we have a video game for 5e DnD?

Asking after seeing PoE2 trailer and it makes me unhappy that's it RtwP and it's end up the same as the first with melee gangbang being the common tactics for every encounter.

You need to be in darkness to teleport
Also
>I can't see now

>10d6 damage at level 2

you could easily kill yourself in one hit, even as a barbarian.

I mean.. I guess. It's probably not broken, though it seems like it'd either be too difficult to use or go to 'massive damage' in most situations.

Could be, kind of conflicts with the whole fey nature of them though.

But I could just be an old bitter grognard when it comes to faerun lore.

What are some good spells that a bard can take through College of Lore and Magical Secrets?

>35 average damage
>Barbarian with reasonable con (14) and average HP
>23 HP, needs 46 damage to die
I mean, you could die. Not 'easily' as in it's improbable, but you could.

Which is fine. If it goes into DS3 landing on the dragon territory, why the fuck not?

If most times it just means he's looking for ramps and shit to do 3D6 or 6D6 damage off of, it's a solid magic item that makes for some fun environmental use.
Sure some of those times it does nothing because he can't get up a ramp, but that doesn't make it a bad item unless every magic item needs to be boosting damage every combat.

sword coast legends

it was supposedly pretty shit

I've been 1-hit killed at similar odds

Not sure if its 5e, but the latest D&D game is Sword Coast Legends, haven't heard good things about it though. Divinity Original Sin 2 is soon which isn't RtwP, and underrail is pretty fun if you haven't played that

Just play an Aarakocra

>Boots rely on on falling damage to work
>"hay guise jsut Don't take falling damage"

No, I think they're suggesting getting a flight speed so that no matter where you are, as long as there's no ceiling you can get a reliable 60d6 attack on any creature as long as it doesn't move too much.

>I always roll
>godlike stats
>5 WIS
Seems about right.

Rolled 6, 4, 2, 1, 1, 3, 3, 1, 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 4, 3, 4, 6, 4 = 57 (18d6)

Rolling 666

Rolled 4, 4, 6, 2, 3, 3, 6, 5, 1, 6, 6, 5, 1, 6, 3, 3, 5, 4, 2, 2, 1, 1, 4, 5 = 88 (24d6)

Never.

Wouldn't that be spending at least two if not three turns to set up an alpha strike that requires the opponent to never move?

What's this rolling for stats sacred cow meme and why has it plagued a system which clearly doesn't accomodate it?

>have -1 to dexterity
>wearing plate armor
>lets try to sneak by them

Wait for level 3 and have the wizard cast invisibility on you. Get in position before the fight even starts

Someone give me a good idea for a Cleric, I'm having one of those days where I can't come up with anything.

>not using your inability to sneak to aid your sneaky allies.

Grognards and min-maxers set in their ways

>Cast pass without trace
>Can now reliably get past enemies of average perception even in plate armour with a -1

Rolled 6, 1, 1, 6, 5, 3, 3, 4, 6, 5, 5, 5, 1, 3, 4, 2, 4, 3 = 67 (18d6)

The answer lies in your question

I'm making a paladin/warlock. Specifically, I am hitting 5 or 6 paladin first, then classing into Warlock.

Paladin is oath of the ancients, so minimum level 7 overall. At level 1, I picked up shieldmaster and have been enjoying it a lot (Vuman)

I'm liking the fluff behind the new revised Warlock patron (The Celestial), so I'm leaning heavily toward that. But, I had some questions.

a) Should I pick up warcaster?
b) What level split should I consider?
c) If my DM is okay with the UA, is The Celestial a decent patron?
d) Which pact if I go to 3+ warlock? I'm leaning toward tome, right now.

I'm hoping you roll 4d6-1 in order, otherwise you're a double pussy.

One idea I had joshing around for a long time was a cleric detective. Using Knowledge for detecting lies and sharpening wits. Probably serves a god of justice or at least law.

Optimised pallock is Tome for CHA shillelagh PAM bullshit, but you can't be that much of a faggot. You honestly only need 2 levels of lock, since you get a couple invocations and Eldritch Blast at that point, along with a couple short rest spell slots you can use to Divine Smite. If you're going to commit to getting a Pact Boon, then take bladelock because you should give yourself a little bit of a handicap.

a) It's okay considering shield msater means you're not focusing damage, though consider that you could boost charisma and help people out with protection instead.
b) 3 levels of warlock, rest paladin. Grab shillelagh. 4 or 5 levels of warlock is fine too.
c) It's fucking ridiculous. A spammable healing word as a level 1 feature that doesn't disallow you from casting action spells. But if your DM uses a more sensible death save system, it's balanced.
d) Tome you dunce. Shillelagh. Get it.