Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Sad Tau Edition

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>8th Edition FAQ:
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Roster Builder
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator

Other urls found in this thread:

tartanpaint.info/2012/07/20/minotaurs-space-marine-painting-guide/
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/readium/fepbnnnkkadjhjahcafoaglimekefifl?hl=it
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Should have been Make Auxillia Great Again edition

Thoughts on pic related for a 500pt Wych Cult starter?

Does anyone know if the citadel skirmish case can hold a land raider and if so how much space does it take?

Posting Xenos instead of the superior human form.

Cute wargamers and cute smiles!

Is (≧∇≦)/(≧∇≦)/

Why not both?

Is that a man?

Still waiting for imperium index, user claimed he was uploading it half an hour ago

Has GW squatted user?

Thoughts on a list of Termies and Hellbrutes? I want to use the dreads as lascannon platforms and the termies as my main force. What units (other than a sorcerer) would be worth including here?

I was thinking of doing a CSM prince and including some slaanesh demons to summon in when the termies drop. Basically get to deploy half my army on their side of the board so if they rush to hit my dreads firing line they end up in a pincer.

Should you ever take 2 units of 10 poxwalkers instead of 1 unit of 20

No.

Ignore /pol/ posts please

Fuck off with these meme OPs.

Make a new thread.

Sounds good.

Was thinking of using hellbrutes in my Death Guard force for long range lascannon shots and to make it entirely footslogging. Using the upcoming DG terminators as well.

Obligatory

why do you say that?

Bumping for loyalist lapdog FW index

Did you saw her apple? Or her hands? It is enough to at least question it.

Less punishing compared to units with actual shooting, that lose out a lot of overwatch in small sizes.

Only if you really need it to complete a particular detachment.

They are fearless so you don't suffer from having big hordes and they gain +1 WS when having more than 10, so small groups is less effective in that way.

So genestealers ruin my Ork boyz' day, good to know.

Played my friend for my first game of 8th. It was pretty even but he pulled ahead because he shredded through two whole units with his one unit of genestealers.

anything that has to do with transgender, politics or skype you can ignore.

Maybe stupid question: how do Codex compliant chapters mark their Sargents if their chapter colour is red? Say the Blood Ravens?

I'd like to see what destroys stealers in combat

Daemonettes?

it does but it will ruin some of the foam and dont you dare have any delicate bits attached to it that go beyond its hull height.

Obviously red chapters are not codex compliant.

Only blue is allowed.

Anyone got Ta'unar stats?

Conscripts with priest/commissar/straken

I wanna give my Third Company Imperial Fists red bolters

Is that too much red?

I am beginning to think the same thing. user was a good user, filled with good intentions. He was squatted long before his time, his last duty left unfulfilled.

Who will raise his torch and press on, delivering fresh pdf or epub of the FW Imperium Index? We still need sweet FW goodness

I think it looks fine

Some user might tell you to drop the scourges and just go for more wyches, but I think it gives the army some variety

Guys, I want to paint some Primaris™ Space Marines™ as Iron Warriors, with this sort of dull-brass colour rather than the usualy iron/gunmetal.

Any idea what paint would be closest to it?

Meh, it's not too much red, but red bolter on red hands is not gonna look great.

Meaning red pauldron rims and a red bolter casing? Why would that be too much? Hell, even with a kneepad and a helmet stripe it should be fine.

Yes. Not even 2nd. Ed. Fists were that red and that was the era of primary color marines. That said, dont let it stop you if that's what you really want.

Alright, I know you're reading this. Whoever it is that keeps using the phrase "drowning in saves" on 1d4chan needs to stop. You're retarded.

You 're not "drowning a Bike Squad or TEQs in saves" with a Razorwing's Assault D6, S6, 0 AP , 2 Damage missile. The Razorwing costs 175 points.

Drowning something in saves refers to something like the theoretical conscript blob: 150 points plus buffing units to shoot something 200 times in a turn. That's drowning them in saves. Shooting something 6 times a turn is not drowning anything.

Whoever is doing this, please go remove any edits or contributions you made to 1d4chan.

Blue helmets.

GW or vallejo?

Pick an alternative color.

would bang
adeptas soritas/10

Probably warplock bronze.

That hair is not combat appropriate.

I'm okay with foam warp as I will be making the raider a permanent addition to my list, how many infantry do you think will fit in the case with it? Any chance of some pictures?

>pdf
Can't wait for a kind user to upload the Indices. The leaks were nice but are blurry AF.

Look at paint guides for minotaurs

IE: tartanpaint.info/2012/07/20/minotaurs-space-marine-painting-guide/

If my Rhino is locked in combat can I disembark with the units inside?

Can I charge directly from inside?

GW probably.

Thanks, I'll give that a look.

agreed...however i wont be picky. i will gladly take an epub over not having one at all....but pdf is indeed superior

>Codex compliant

Gods, it feels good to not be a loyalist.

what a qt

Does anyone else just kinda feel.... just sort of blandly disinterested after playing 8E?

Like, it's weird because SO many of the changes are changes I like, but at the same time I feel like all my armies have been made less interesting. And I don't mean 'less competitive', I mean less interesting (especially anything that was evasive or psychic).

That combined with all the weird gimmicky shit you can do (like using rhinos to tarpit units in melee) is just kinda not making it feel like 40k. I mean, an improved system is great, but like what's the point of playing 40k over an actually balanced wargame if the units don't feel like they should in the fluff?

I don't really know how to accurately describe how I feel about 8E currently, but after playing a few games I feel even less motivated to finish painting my CSM and honestly kinda regret even preordering their index. I definitely wouldn't have bought Magnus if I had known how bland he'd become.

You can do things as described in the book. It's 8 pages, you really have no excuse for not knowing.

what episode was this from?

i think the bland feeling is just from the simplified index rules, hopefully the codex's are as fun as before, this is coming from a very very new ad mech player

>it feels good to not be a loyalist.

What epub reader to use? Sumatra doesn't work.

So I really hope they dont have Mortarion holing his scythe backwards like some of the non-gw versions. the blade on a scythe should point forward...not backwards

The game is complete shit that is 2 pages away from being great (proper LOS andterrain rules mostly)

chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/readium/fepbnnnkkadjhjahcafoaglimekefifl?hl=it

Take a break and wait for your army to get a proper codex. The indexes are all on the bland side, but the rules are much improved.

A scythe is a dumb weapon either way.

I use calibre, dunno weather it's the best one or not, but it works.

I wonder why then did not keep cover giving -hit like in SWAG

Just wait for your codex then.

How considerate of her.

regardless, it is the weapon that Mortarion uses. The least they can do is have a fucking daemon prince primarch hold the damn thing correctly

The changes to Orks leave me kind of discouraged and wondering if I should pick a different army or wait till 9th rolls around.

Ork shooting is worse than before now and they took away some of the more interesting aspects of their units like the Meka Dread and removes some units outright like the Looted Wagon and Mek Boy Junka in the case of Forgeworld.

Things seem kind of lack luster in my opinion.

Still, they are releasing codices to maybe those will bring the flavor back.

Who cares, I'm converting it to a warscythe regardless.

I actually feel like the model are more fluffy than 6th/7th.
Necron fuckin ressurects again, nids are again close combat gods, Tau are playable and not simply a fucking cheese factory, almost every model is viable and lists are a lot more flexible.

So, is there any chance of this bad boy getting rules for 40k at some point?

Reminder to join the totalitarian state that actually cares about whether you live or die.

8th ed is the dawn of war 3 of 40k

its no longer a game simulating combat in the 41st millenium, the game is completely separate from the fluff now

yeah that would look pretty badass

On the bright side everyone is feeling like SoB now.

This was the teaser, infer from it what you will.

But all models in these set ups face towards either the foreground left corner or right corner.

But I can't fap to that.

Meh, some stuff is, some is not

Tank guards is shit atm, with hellhounds and artillery being the exception.

The russes are just tanky distraction that don't to any serious damage.

That's a shit paintjob on the face. Those lips are hideous.

What are you starting for 8th?

AAHHHH WHAT THE FUCK

Fine, here.

TAISETSU NA MONO
PROTECT MY BAWLS
BOKU GA WARUI
SO LET'S FIGHTING

LET'S FIGHTING LOOOOOVE

Not sure yet.

Probably warmahordes.

Whether you live or die is irrelevant as long as the Greater Good is served.

>Necrons ressurect again

I know, right? Bout damn time.

Digimon figures of the womons.

F that noise. one of my favorite HH scenes is when Mortarion launches his scythe into a fucking jump jet and starts pulling it in by the chain

He rolled really well or you didn't have the right buffs in place, then. Under ideal conditions (which aren't that difficult to pull off) Boyz should beat out Genestealers for cost. Maybe you spent too many points on flashy stuff and not enough on Boyz?

And the resurrection conga line is back!

resurrect warriors toward the ark for another go even if the unit was not within 3"

Although, i miss the oldschool monoliths teleporting my stuff around the battlefield.

>how T'au are you
ウイアブー!集めて!

>pdf
Enjoy warmahordes Mk 3 which is shit.

What is the point of terrain now?
Feels like I'm playing warmachine with those cardboard cut terrains.

Orks are significantly better than they have been in ages you retard.

Also 9th is never happening, this is the last edition of 40k.

Probably not since it's Perty's bodyguard. Just use it as a count-as dreadnought.