/ore/ One Roll Engine General

Rolling Dirty Edition

This is a thread for discussing Monsters and Other Childish Things, Wild Talents, Reign and any other games built on Greg Stolze's One Roll Engine.

>***The System
Roll some d10s. Find matches. The number of matching dice is your Width. The number ON the dice is your Height. So a Set of [5,5,5] has a Width of 3 and a Height of 5, written as 3x5. That's it. Width and Height tell you a lot about your action, such as how fast it was, how strong it was, how precise it was, etc. Everything in the system is built around this fast, simple mechanic.

>***The Games

>Nemesis
A game about cosmic horror using the Madness system invented and popularized by Unknown Armies. It's available for free on ArcDream's website here: arcdream.com/pdf/Nemesis.pdf

>Godlike
Superhero roleplaying during World War II. Fight supersonic Nazis and invisible French knife maniacs in a brutal setting where you're equally likely to be killed by a mortar blast as from a supervillain.

>Wild Talents
The sequel to Godlike, blowing the doors of the system to let you create any superpower you can imagine. /tg's favorite ORE game.

>Monsters and Other Childish Things
You're a kid with an imaginary monster friend who's real, and you have adventures. Converts nicely to Jojo and Persona.

>Reign
High fantasy roleplaying in a crazy world that would need to have an entire post just about it.

>A Dirty World
Noir at its best. Relentlessly focused on character growth and psychology. A much lighter system than the others.

>Better Angels
You're a supervillain whose power comes from a contract with a demon. Try not to get dragged to hell.

>***Pastebin Archive
pastebin.com/WiT4BhFM
---A compendium of tips, advice, homebrews and other content assembled by /tg from /ore Generals past

>***This Thread
...converting MaOCT to play Persona & creating characters
...Wild Talents character and campaign discussion
...ORE homebrew and house rules

Other urls found in this thread:

arcdream.com/home/2011/04/night-of-the-necromancer/
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/1409350/
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/1558979/
discordapp.com/api/oauth2/authorize?client_id=282751290029899776&scope=bot&permissions=67488832
drivethrurpg.com/product/91028/GODLIKE-Official-Rules-Expansions
discord.gg/aWZMuZP
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lets Iron out the basics of combat for the Velvet Book. For example, innitiative uses the child's (persona user's stats) but then how would a wild shadow, who functions like a persona, determine initiative?

Possibly by using a hit location that suggests quick thinking or movement?

to keep things simple, how about the GM makes one 10d10 for the whole group of monsters and the result is treated as the brains+outthink. If there are no pairs then monsters go last. if there is one pair then all shadows act once. If there are multiple pairs then the monsters can be divided amongst the sets and fight in that order.

example: three shadows show up, and now it is time for combat. Actions are declared by lowest brains+outthinking for the players, but the gm rolls 10d10, and gets 3x7 and 2x4 in the roll. The gm can now divide the shadows into two groups one group that uses the hight of a set for their brains + outthinking stat. So now the shadows are in two groups with a fake brains+outthink total of 7 and another with 4.

then actions are declared and rolled for.

Wild Talents newbie here, I'm trying to build a power template for Stands and I'm having trouble making it so that the Stand and the User share damage. Any help?

That's easy: we make it a part of the Shadow's point cost. By default Shadows have an initiative of 0, meaning they always declare before the player party. You can raise Initiative by +2 for 1 point.

So Jack Frost might look like this:

Jack Frost (Magician-7) 5d
>Attacks (Ice, *Fire*), Useful (Icy Tricks)
>Initiative 2

It's 5 points for the 5d, 1 point for the Useful and 1 pt for Initiative 2. Since it's a Magician it gets a free use of the Element Extra, so it has *Fire* for free.

Just saw Wonder Woman. Wrong war capeshit, but semi relevant.

Dude here's the thing: unless you give a Stand it's own hit boxes with the Extra Tough miracle, any damage it takes DOES go to the stand user. So you literally don't have to do anything to already have that functionality built in.

All you need to do is write in the description for the Stand User archetype that damage done to the Stand goes directly to the equivalent hit locations of the Stand User.

Depending on how it works the Stand itself could just be special effects as far as the mechanics are concerned. I'm not super clear on how they work though, so I could just be talking out of my ass.

In Wild Talents, what's the verdict on stats, skills, and which ones matter most and least in actual play?

For background, we're playing stand-users (basically normal people with super-powered ghosts called "Stands" attached to them) with 50 points for our normie teenage PCs and 300 for our stands. For the PCs themselves, who are in high school, maximum skill rank is 2, maximum for each stat is 3. The stands seem like they probably will only be active in a persona-style dark dimension, so I'm operating under the assumption that our puny teenagers will be on their own in meatspace.

My suggestion would be to change the Charm skills to be offer a wider array of options, since as it stands they really only have 2 that matter. In the Wild Talents game my group runs we subbed them out for the Persuasion tactics from A Dirty World: corruption, deceit, honesty and purity. They allow for a much greater range of options.

I'd also add that maybe Mind could be better, honestly. It's got such a broad range of skills as to include medicine, computer hacking and languages that when you have a character with high Mind it's like "okay, but what does that MEAN?"

I'm mostly thinking from the perspective of a player who is making a character. I want to know if there are any stats or skills I really should or shouldn't be investing in.

Like I don't want to sink precious points getting 5d in Dodging rolls only to hear that it's useless and I should have put the resources in Command/stability instead. Things like that.

Is that how it works? From reading it I got the impression damage just destroyed the sidekick until you resummoned it.

Iam the madman looking to run a playtest of velvet book. Itll be over discord with roll20 for dice rolls and combat. On phone so cant copy paste my campaign description from laat thread, but basically choose any arcana besides fool or world, and the campaigns theme will be about 'the dangers of false hope and building a stable future'. Players will start with zero s links, but will gain atleast one before first combat starts.

Whos down?

I will also post as much of the gameplay as possible here somehow so the system can be ironed out.

For the velvet book. I have an interesting idea for the skills of the persona user. Lets have a concrete list of classes. For example, a persona user would roll diligence and PE class, or guts with public speaking. Etc etc. It would fit with the school setting of the games.

>50 points for our normie teenage PCs and 300 for our stands
You'll want more points than that for the non-powered parts. 60 points is what it'll take to get you 2D in every stat. I'd add another 40 on top of that for various skills, it might be tempting to short change them based on the fact that they're kids but to do something reliably takes a pool of >5D. 300 points is a shit-ton (I don't know enough about stands to really judge whether that's excessive), so they wont really notice it if you grab the extra from there. This is subject to however you're going to pace and handle character advancement.

There's a breakdown of what each of the Stats means at the beginning of the Stats and Skills chapter, the standing of different levels of Mind is pretty explicit. It also covers the others.

You've got it right. The Extra Tough would just be to stand up to being wailed on.

So then how does the damage go directly to the Stand User?

For players there's no unimportant stats. NPCs often don't care very much about Mind or Charm but a player can get a lot of mileage out of every stat.

The only thing id say about skills is you probably don't need block AND dodge.

Here's the current draft of the Velvet Book. I haven't had a chance to go through and change the title references yet, which will be my first order of business come Monday when I get a chance.

Right, BUT that's just because of how it's written. There's nothing in the Qualities or Extras that demand it work that way, so you can just change the description of its effects without it having an impact on its actual point cost.

Alright I'd say that my group has always found that Language as a skill is a bit too crunchy to be very much fun and we mostly phased it out. Endurance and Survival also aren't especially useful if you aren't going to be in the wilderness for long periods of time; if your game takes place in a city where you can take public transportation everywhere they aren't going to come up very often. Neither, for that matter, is Navigation. It makes sense to be a Skill but I've probably used it all of 5 times in three years.

>60 points is what it'll take to get you 2D in every stat
I'd advise giving everyone 1d in each stat for free, since no human character is allowed to have 0d in a Stat unless they have the No Stat intrinsic for their archetype.

Really the way that it should be done is how MaOCT does it where you have X number of Stat dice and Y number of Skill dice to spread around, and then you have 100-200 pts in your powers for a real high-impact campaign.

So, I'm thinking about getting Wild Talents. The normal book is quite expensive, so I'm eyeing the Essential Edition. Will I be missing a lot from it?

>You'll want more points than that for the non-powered parts. 60 points is what it'll take to get you 2D in every stat. I'd add another 40 on top of that for various skills, it might be tempting to short change them based on the fact that they're kids but to do something reliably takes a pool of >5D

That seems similar to what I'm seeing; our chargen restrictions (max 3 stat and 2 skill) do mean that even going all-in on something only gets us to 5d, for a 70% chance of not failing. On the other hand, that does sound like a fairly reasonable limit for highschoolers, especially since highly-trained adults with years of experience tend to only have 4d-5d for their highest, most important skills. Having even 5d on a teenager means that person is basically a child prodigy.

None of us, GM included, have used ORE before. Maybe the unreliability of human-level diepools is just a quirk of a system that marginalizes anyone who isn't a superhero. At the same time, not having being very reliable skills might not go as well as we hope. We'll probably see what the GM expects us to accomplish in meatspace, and I might ask for adjustments based on that.

Our group was operating on the assumption that our first stat die was free. So perhaps it would make sense for us to have 30 points for stats (enough to raise all stats to 2d), 20-40 for skills, and then cut the stands down to 150 points?

The essential edition is all you need. The proper 2nd edition has some nice stuff like a guide for creating your own superhero setting and the default World Gone Mad setting, which isn't actually that great. Most people just make their own settings anyway.

It doesn't, unless you want to make it do that.

There's a setting which is pretty crap, but there's also section on worldbuilding that's pretty good. Other than a few appendixes on 'here's some stuff to think about when playing/running the game' that's about it.

All fair points. On the subject of the 5D cap the main thing to make clear to the players is the % chances that come with different sized dice pools. The sharp early climb is a good opportunity the emphasize the use of Willpower to boost them.

Well, I guess it the Essential Edition for me, then. Thanks!

Yesterday I ran muy first Persona Game and this one was muy first mayor problem
Make a vĂ­deo of It. I cant play since my english is broken
I like this better

3d = "Is actually real good at something", so a person with 3d in a stat and 3d in a skill can be rolling 6d, which has a very good chance at rolling something good.

>Yesterday I ran muy first Persona Game and this one was muy first mayor problem
Snap, please share your notes and comments. What worked? What didn't work? What needs to be added/fleshed out/completed?

Is it possible to run Reign for just fantasu adventuring and not kingdom/company play?

Shadow creation was messy. But I think thats kind of muy fault.
Personas are really OP, something thats fine since they encounter minor shadows un groups and could put a fight.
I had to make innitiative out of my ass.
Some human weapons are clearly stronger than Others, even if a Shadow is resistent against guns the guns are stronger than any other weapon anyway.
One of the players had Anubis as his persona and uses an attack commanding the dead. It was Attack (dark) Area 4 Spray. It was pretty cool attack.
One of them wanted ti haave a Persona that cures as a usefull ability but I didnt know how to do that and dont be OP
What is the Sweet ability? I dont find It anywhere.
Maybe making a way to un-evoke a Persona could be usefull. Or a rule that a Persona can only be materiallized foro so much time
The game is pretty cool nonthelesss

Also everyone had only one Persona and I didnt use S.L. I pretty much only prove Char and Persona creation and combat

Hello dudes!
At arcdream website I have found a pretty cool one-shot. Here is the link arcdream.com/home/2011/04/night-of-the-necromancer/ System is Godlike, I think.
Can some wise user convert it to Wild Talents?

>It doesn't, unless you want to make it do that.
Righto, I'll just make it so it does.

Now that that's been cleared up, would it be better to give the Stand a Harm power with separate dice than to just add Attacks to the Sidekick power? I'm planning to give all players in the game I'm running 2HD for the Sidekick power so they can always call out their Stands, attaching Attacks to Sidekick would mean it's impossible for the Stands to miss or get a set other than 2x10 when attacking.

Yeah that works just fine. It's a real solid system on its own, and stuff like Disciplines, Martial Paths and Sorcery make it stand out from a lot of other games.

>Shadow creation was messy. But I think thats kind of muy fault.
Well it's also because there's only the barest outline of how it works. That's going to be the next order of business after Combat is done (which it almost is).

>Personas are really OP, something thats fine since they encounter minor shadows un groups and could put a fight.
Yeah, the purpose of Minor Shadows is to reduce a Persona's resources (i.e. dice) gradually in the build up to the fight against a Major Shadow in order to increase tension and to force the players to make tough choices. They should also work very well as back-up to Major Shadows.

My goal ultimately is to create a Budget System for creating Minor Shadow encounters. Like "if you have X many players at Y power, then the total point-value of a medium Shadow encounter should be Z, or Z-5 for an easy fight, or Z+10 for a real hard fight". That way you just pick and choose which Shadows you want to have in the encounter within that budget. Make sense?

>Some human weapons are clearly stronger than Others, even if a Shadow is resistent against guns the guns are stronger than any other weapon anyway.
Yeah one thing that needs to be spelled out is that using a gun against a human isn't the same as using it against a Shadow. Shadows are creatures of thought and desire, so against them the IDEA of a gun is more important than the Gun itself. My stance is that ALL human weapons, no matter how big or small, inflict Width-1 Scars against Shadows. All auxiliary traits like spray or extra firepower don't really matter.

>One of the players had Anubis as his persona and uses an attack commanding the dead. It was Attack (dark) Area 4 Spray. It was pretty cool attack.
That's wicked rad.

>One of them wanted ti haave a Persona that cures as a usefull ability but I didnt know how to do that and dont be OP
Do you mean it can heal damage? Because that's an Extra spelled out in the PDF.

>What is the Sweet ability? I dont find It anywhere.
Sweet is an Extra from the Bigger Bads supplement. It adds +1 Width to Useful sets, but doesn't affect Attacks or Defends Sets.

>Maybe making a way to un-evoke a Persona could be usefull. Or a rule that a Persona can only be materiallized foro so much time
The way I'm looking at it is that Personas are Evoked for as long as it takes for them to complete a task, whether it's a single attack or something more complicated, after which they automatically vanish. But as the GM you can change that to whatever you want. You can give them a set duration or make it so that they're permanently Evoked in the Other world.

>The game is pretty cool nonthelesss
I'm glad! MaOCT is a great system and I'm real happy that this mod is coming together in a workable, practical way.

Make it a separate power with the flaw Attacked (Call Stand)-2. That makes it so the ability (and any other abilities the Stand has) can only be rolled after the Stand has been called out.

The budget system can be useful but if you cant do It thats fine since It isnt difficult to naturally calculate
And how many dice then weapon should have? Maybe thatcan be stronger as your relationships and Persona gets stronger

I'd just roll Fighting for melee weapons and Aim for guns or bows or whatever. But the MaOCT character sheet has a blank skill slot for each Stat so a GM could have specific weapon Skills.

So I've built The World to test out making Stands in Wild Talents but I feel as if I'm doing something wrong. It's come out at 160 points, which should just be an exceptional human. Anyone mind taking a look at the stats and telling me where I fucked up? If this is how it's supposed to work, how many points should I give my players if I want their Stands to be, let's say part 4 level?

>CALL STAND 2HD (5) - 20 points
>Qualities: U
>Defends capacities: Self
>Useful (Call out your Stand) extras and flaws: Duration +2, Flaws: If/Then (Must be willed) -1
>Capacities: Range

>THE WORLD 2D 2WD 1HD (13) - 68 points
>Qualities: A D3 U
>Attack capacities: Mass
>Attack extras and flaws: Booster +2, Spray +3, Attached (Call Stand) -2
>Defends capacities: Self
>Useful (Strong enough to lift a road roller) capacities: Mass
>Useful extras and flaws: Booster +2, Attached (Call Stand) -2

>TIME STOP 8D 2HD (6) - 72 points
>Qualities: U2
>Capacities: Mass, Range.
>Useful (More actions) extras and flaws: Self Only -3, Attached (Call Stand) -2
>Useful (Stop time) extras and flaws: Interference +3, High Capacity (Range) +1, Booster (Range) +5, Attached (Above Quality) -2

Speaking about that. Is It too early for Character and Persona sheets for the mod? It will be for the most part just a skin but I just dont feel really comfortable usiing the MaoCT one since It doesnt have Arcana, weakness and the proper name for the skills

There will definitely need to be a new sheet for both; I'll put those together once the main text is more complete. I love making character sheets but it's a serious undertaking that will probably take a couple days to get juuust right, days that right now are better spent making content.

For Stands what I'd actually suggest is giving them Hyperstats and Hyperskills according to what they can do.

So the World is strong enough to lift a Steamroller, which should be, what, about 3 tons? That means you can give it Hyperbody 8d; the base cost is 4pts, but give it the Attached (Call Stand)-2 and now you're down to 2pts per die. Then give it some Hyperskills like Brawling, Athletics, etc... that you roll to make it do stuff. Since Stands aren't humans they don't need a human's full range of Stats, just what is directly relavent to them (so Star Platinum would probably have some Hypersense too).

Doing it that way will, I think, give you a better impression of creating a physical being with presence and substance.

Since my campaign will involve vampires, it's worth asking: What if they already have hyperstats on their regular bodies?

It just gets added on top like it would for a normal person with hyperstats.

They're two separate pools of Hyperstats that don't interact with each other.

For instance let's say that DIO has 3d in Body and 3d in Hyperbody, so his total Body is 6d. So he's rolling to punch somebody himself he uses his 6d + whatever his Brawling is.

THE WORLD, on the other hand, has 8d in Hyperbody. Whenever it does something involving physical strength it can use those 8d for whatever it is (presumably it also has Hyperbrawling, Hyperblock and Hyperathletics too).

Would it not work better if The World still added its Hyperstats on top of DIO's baseline stats, though? That way, when the user receives penalties due to their wounds if the Stand gets hit, the Stand takes a penalty too.

Possibly but is that how Stands work? Are their physical traits linked directly to their users? Are Stands stronger because their users are?

I ask having a less-than-complete knowledge of how their world works.

>The budget system can be useful but if you cant do It thats fine since It isnt difficult to naturally calculate

This is one of the nice things about the ORE. Once you get a decent understanding of the system it's not hard to fudge stuff on the fly. I know pretty much off the top of my head what kind of damage and threats a character with given stats or abilities can output, so half the time I don't even bother writing up full stat blocks for enemies. I can make it up as I go and the players rarely notice.

Thinking about Stands in Wild Talents, one thing that comes to mind is that you can base their Hyperstats and other core abilities on the Grading System.

For instance, Power could potentially be modeled with a combination of Hyperbody and Hyperskills; each letter grade gives you 2d of Hyperbody (Attached (Call Stand)-2, 2 pts per die) and 2 pts worth of Body Hyperskills like Hyperbrawling and Hyperathletics (1 pt each). So a Grade A in Power has 10d in Hyperbody and 20 dice worth of Body hyperskills.

You could do something similar with Precision and Hypersense. Durability could be 1hd in Extra Tough per grade (Normally 5 pts per die, with Attached-2 it becomes 3 points, so it becomes 6 pts per grade level) which grants extra wound boxes that absorb damage before the Stand User starts getting hurt.

Just an idea; not fully fleshed out but it could help to create a simple basis for a ruleset on creating Stands.

Just whipped this guy up for my group's next session. He's a bit of an appetizer to kick things off. The backstory here is that the party is trying to improve relations with their contact within the city's Parahuman Crimes Force so they're basically becoming bounty hunters to take down some of their more troublesome repeat offenders. Stat block to follow.

Boyd Hicks (237 pts)
Mutant- 5 Points
STATS (85 pts)
Body 3d Coordination 3d (6d)
Sense 3d (6d) Mind 3d
Charm 2d Command 3d

SKILLS (86 pts)
Brawling 2d (8d+1wd), Deadly Brawling (6d+1wd), Athletics 1d (8d+1wd), Block 2d (5d), Endurance 3d (6d+1wd), Dodge 2d (8d+1wd), Drive 2d (8d), Stealth 1d (7d), Lockpicking 1d (7d), Perception 3d (11d, dark vision), Handgun 2d (8d), Empathy 1d (9d+1wd), Weapon Sense (6d+2hd), Bank Fraud 4d (7d), Streetwise 3d (6d), Electrical Engineering 3d (6d), Lie 3d (5d), Persuade 2d (5d), Intimidation 2d (5d), Interrogation 2d (5d), Stability 3d (6d), Leadership 2d (5d)

POWERS: Cocrutamorph (61 pts)
Hypercoordination 3d (12 pts)
Hypersense 2d (8 pts)
Hypersmell 2d+1wd (6 pts)
Hyperperception 6d (6 pts)
Weapon Sense 2hd (if/then-1(only for firearms)) (4 pts)
Hyperbrawling [Canine Ferocity] (Deadly) 3d+1wd (7 pts)
Hyperempathy 2d+1wd (6 pts)
Hyperathletics 4d+1wd (8 pts)
Hyperdodge 1wd (4 pts)
Hyperendurance 1wd (4 pts)

Bump before bed

Jojo bros are asleep, everyone post personas!

>Possibly but is that how Stands work? Are their physical traits linked directly to their users? Are Stands stronger because their users are?

Nope. Stand power is unrelated to the user's physical ability. Six-month-old babies have had potent stands in the show, and a badass like Joseph Joestar wound up with pretty weak stand.

In the show stand power is more closely related to psychological resilience than anything else. If a stand-user's confidence and fighting spirit are weakened, then that person's stand will be weaker too. Physical injury to a stand-user will likewise impact a stand, and vice versa.

How would you stat up a weapon that is large but relatively easy to wield, and that gains in power as you use it until you reach a point where a burst attack happens, reducing it back to base power?

Okay!

I figured I'd work on doing an archetypal one for each Arcana, how does this list look:

Fool - Loki
Magician - Surt
Priestess - Scathach
Emperess - Alilat
Emperor - Odin
Heirophant - Kohryu
Lovers - Ishtar
Chariot - Thor
Justice - Melchizedek (or Metatron)
Hermit - Ongyo-Ki
Fortune - Norn
Strength - Zaou-Gongen (Or Siegfried)
Hanged Man - Attis
Death - Alice (or Mot)
Temperance - Vishnu
Devil - Beelzebub
Tower - Shiva
Star - Lucifer
Moon - Sandalphon
Sun - Asura
Judgement - Satan
World - Cybele

Others which would naturally be on the list would be Mara, some form of Hermes (for the Magician supporting character), and others as they strike me.

Stat some of the Personas from the Persona Quests? Ippon-Datara, Ichabod, Atticus, etc.

I've not actually read the quest threads I'm afraid.

Here's a quick Ippon-Datara though. (Couldn't think of a suitable evocation)

From skimming the rulebook I get the feeling MaOCT would work very well for a Digimon game, especially if you went slightly psychological and horror-esque like the first 2 arcs or so of Digimon Tamers. I've seen there's people already working on Persona and Jojo homebrews. For such a seemingly niche system it's pretty flexible

Only real detail to work out is how to handle digivolving

Ichabod: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/1409350/

Uses Kouha and gun skills, has a big long coat and a large book. Evocation involves ripping off a metal collar that manifests around your neck.

Atticus:
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/1558979/

Also uses Kouha and guns, white suit, goggles.

Evocation involves a key

It seems to me that in velvet book there is little to no reason to ever not use your persona during a turn, unless there is something unique like activating a switch or something. What if we gave persona users a trade off to making themselves vulnerable for a turn.

The minor arcana. Like the card shuffle thing in persona 3. Enemies dropp minor arcana tarot sometimes . Each of these function as one use items, but can only be used by the persona user, even if they give the persona a buff next round.

That's an interesting idea. Generally speaking you're right about it being preferable to use your Persona to your Persona User, but that's mostly true for the Persona games as well. The only reason to not attack with a Persona is to conserve SP, but SP isn't an issue here (as it rarely is in tabletop games, for good reason).

I'm mostly inspired by how Persona 5 handles battles on this front; there are times where your persona users have to do stuff that their Personas aren't equipped for, whether it's negotiating with a Shadow or sneaking around to accomplish some other objective while the fight continues.

The minor arcana idea is definitely interesting; could you elaborate on the idea?

Heres an example: PC is fighting a shadow and wants to boost their next attack. They recently found the Two of Swords minor tarot card. Instead of attacking with his persona he takes out the card and crushes it, the next time he uses his persona to attack it gets a one time bonus die to its attack roll.... But now that hes used the card, it means he hasnt used his persona, he cpuld be hit hard by a shadow. But thats the kind of risk he was willing to take for big damage

Other minor tarot could heal, or debuff enemies, there are plenty of options, maybe even add temporary limb attributes like tough or useful.

In regards to one use items, any ORE veterans know how the system handles disposable items? Is it even a thing?

In Wild Talents? Couple questions:

1. What kind of weapon are you thinking? A sword? A gun?

2. When you say "gains power" do you mean it's damage output increases each time you strike until it Bursts, or does it build up some counter each time you hit (for normal damage) that unleashes a Burst when it hits some peak?

Yeah, the Depleted/Exhausted/One Use flaws make it so that stuff has limited uses. What are you thinking of?

If you are still going to do it, I'd like in.

So here's a slight update on the Velvet Book. I went through and changed the title references for the Module to the new name and I also redid the intro page in scribus since Word was giving me so much trouble. I definitely want to figure out a definitive font for this thing though (right now I'm just using Glacial Indifference in Scribus and Calibri in Word, which are OK but aren't quite what I'm looking for).

Ill rephrase. Are there such a thing as usable items or are they just abilities with the limited use tag on it?
Ill post a discord link here sometime today

I'm up for it if the schedules sync up.

>Ill rephrase. Are there such a thing as usable items or are they just abilities with the limited use tag on it?
Sure there are. There's one regular here who has a "loot" system baked into his game that can give people temporary powers and a pretty extensive system of gear, potions and other stuff that can be acquired, used and discarded.

That reminds me a swords from Reign.
With every successful hit you gain +1d to hit that particular enemy. And bonuses are not lost until enemy in question is dead. No time limit on bonuses either.
That OP sword balanced by its rarity:
- you need to find adequate skilled swordsmith to make it;
- swordsmith should be able to summon demons during sword crfting;
- once demon summoned and sword is ready - smith should strike demon with red-hot sword and kill it in one hit.
- secret of producing such high-quality swords is property of only one human race and they dont feel like telling it to any strangers.
Needless to say, demon must be strong, not some pesky lvl 1 or 2 blob. (On the side note: demon of 6 phase treated like a country, so much power he has accumulated. It actually infects *everything* on large territory, even soil.)
And swordsmiths also use their skill to bind souls of outstanding people to swords, to keep aforementioned person skill and experience from vanishing, as you can talk with your enchanted sword anytime you feel like it.
Sorry for offtop.

Speaking of Discord can someone post the invite to the Persona mod discord channel?

Reign has the best setting in tabletop fantasy. I love how they managed to create Dindavara as the required Feudal Japan knockoff without making it seem derivative.

Also the way that ghosts work.

And what happens when Magical Attunement backfires.

If you want to run it in Discord entirely, I maintain a dice bot which I just now (because I forgot I hadn't done it already) added ORE sort-sets functionality to.

discordapp.com/api/oauth2/authorize?client_id=282751290029899776&scope=bot&permissions=67488832

To use it, just mention it with your roll (@dbag 11d10ss) - ss on the roll sorts it into ORE sets, sorted in descending width with height used for sets of the same width.
Supports arithmetic for basic stuff, but will definitely wonk out if you start doing arithmetic on sets

If you got bug reports or questions I'm lurking in the Velvet Book discord and will gladly answer questions/field bugs and never fix them

Oh but do note you can't mix the rolls in with other text or whatever. Anything that ain't rolls will make it complain at you.

(also: you can DM the bot to roll in private)

That meshes pretty well with the Willpower mechanic that Wild Talents uses, there are a bunch of options the GM could exercise to throttle how big an impact it has to get the feel right.

Focus with an attached hyperskill that gives increasing access to its dice for every attack made. Once you hit the full dice pool it grants access to another attached power that makes the burst attack. I'd make use of the Attached flaw to set up the links and If/Thens to create the conditionals, shouldn't be too hard.

A Dirty World and Better Angels have 'items' which add a temporary bonus to a dice pool. In that case 'item' could just as easily be blackmail as a gun.

In the more simulationist ORE games you've got options. WT might encourage you to stat your more out there shit as powers but it's not mandatory for mundane items. Just look at the weapons table or the Pimp My Helmet section of the rulebook (that last one might not be in the essentials edition if you're using that one, I've attached a pretty crappy screengrab just in case).

I've heard that was good, and hey just make a lot of things super end war prototypes and any ww2 game can become a ww1 game.

Also as a question, how are godlike's or any other ore if it exists, dogfighting rules? I know it isn't base, but I know it exists and I was wondering if anyone has used them,

As far as I know there aren't any. Dogfighting rules are actually a goal of mine for the ORE space adventure system that I've been working on for a couple years now between other projects.

Have you posted them before? I remember reading some that someone had and they were pretty good.

Godlike has the aircraft combat rules official expansion. I just haven't gone through it yet.

Oh snap I need to see that. Is there a link on RPGnow?

here's a drive through for the set

drivethrurpg.com/product/91028/GODLIKE-Official-Rules-Expansions

discord.gg/aWZMuZP

Here's the Dogfighting rules from Godlike that I just downloaded (they're free on DrivethruRPG). Haven't looked them over yet, hopefully they're good!

Why Cybele as The World Arcana? I would put Ouroborus, Messiah or Izanagi-no-Okami. Aside for that I like your desitions. Alice is a must for Death Arcana example, or maybe Thanatos.

Well, Pale Rider is also probably a must...

>Inmunity
That can be quite cool, we should make rules for giving body parts inmunities.
>Bounces
What does this ability do?
>Attacks
As far as I am concerned all attacks should have an element (that gives the possibility of exploiding the weakness and resist feature)
>Evocation
That could be hitting something with a small hammer

Are you drawing from any particular set of myth?

Cool idea. After we finish one of the homebrew projects we can make that. How would be handle Digivolving?

Bounce is a powerful Defensive Extra where if you completely gobble a Set you can reflect it back at the attacker. Each level of Defends that you add lets you also bounce back one of that attack's Extras along with it.

So if a Slime is coming at me with 2x5 + Gnarlyx2 and I block it with a 2x9 and Bounce x1, the Slime gets hit by a matching 2x5 attack. If I have Bounce x2 I can also reflect Gnarly x1, and if it's Bounce x3 I can reflect both Gnarly levels. It's an extremely powerful (maybe too powerful?) Defensive extra that's somewhat balanced by the fact that Defending in MaOCT usually means you aren't doing anything else that turn.

>Inmunity
Pretty sure there are rules for that in the core books.

I like this idea, but I think that you have the possibility to use your character anyway, just not your Persona. Like you use the card and make your Persona stronger for the next round but you can attack with your weak ass character anyway.

Also, that link is permanent
so feel free to place it in the OP of the next thread.