MTG Snowflake General

Deader than Amonkhet edition

Post and discuss MTG flakes here

>Could your flake take on Bolas and last 5 seconds or longer?

>How much longer must we go until we get to Ixalan?

>What are your hopes for Ixalan? Fears?

>Could your flake pass the Trials?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/U75Uxwf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've actually been thinking about retooling one of my older flakes to make them something worthy of making an Archenemy deck for. At the moment, I'm thinking about this weird motherfucker here, but I'm not sure. What do you all think?

Way too many spells.

I made this shit two snowstorms ago, it's pretty garbage.

It's cool if you refurbish an old flake.

bump

>we're five posts in and already bumping
Maybe we didn't need a new thread just yet.

REMINDER

>he's still using the last storm sheet
at least put effort into your reminders, plaguelord-user

I'm thinking I should actually do a story for Aetevik at some point, just to kind of mess around with its' character.

dew it

I can tell you one thing, my flake might not beat Bolas. But at least Bolas couldn't fling him across the Multiverse like a little bitch.

I can tell you for a fact that you're full of shit

Don't respond to obvious bait posts, user.

Last thread.
Is there anyone who can actually go toe to toe with that dude?

Fuar Linn would relish the challenge, but even he isn't that powerful.

You guys are gayer than a fudgeclown trap burninating in hell.

Update. Save this if you're planning on making an OP.

Man, this thread is fucking dead. Are you doing most of the talk on Discord now?

Posting templates in case some new people jump in.

Alternative character template.

Plane template in case someone wants to make one. (I should work on mine a little.)

Y-you too

Flake talk is sadly low there too.

Really wish he was a Scout

Well, my flake "Captain Graveborn" can't actually be moved around.

After becoming a Planeswalker (pre-Mending), he was cursed to have his soul bound to the Blind Eternities. The curse happened to also bound his spark there as well. Kind of like a "detention sphere" floating in the Blind Eternities.

So, now he projects his concious into his (now dead) body and uses it to travel about the Multiverse. Kind of like a Lich having their soul (and spark in this instance) bound inside of a Phylactery.

*consciousness

Postin updated art Serena sheet

I doubt it. She'd last longer than before she lived through Emmy, as that hardened her mental defences somewhat but an actual intentional attack from Bolas would not be something she could withstand.

>What are your hopes for Ixalan? Fears?
I'm going to use Arcane Adaptation and Aven Wing Guide to play Build-an-Angel with servo tokens, Angel of Invention will be making her own little robo angel babies. I fear that the pattern of black creatures being printed in mono-white is getting silly, white zombies wasn't too strange as Amonkhet was supposed to feel strange and 'off' but adding vampires to the list makes me feel uncomfortable for the future.

>Could your flake pass the Trials?
She'd struggle with Kefnet's trial for sure and she might be unwilling to do what the trial of Ambition demands. The other trails would likely be a breeze for the most part.

What happened to your last pic?

Nothin' I just like this one better, I have many to choose from.

Hmm, I should try this out. Are there any rules to making a snowflake?

No, but here is some advice:
>Please do not interact directly with the canon characters
>Don't break canon lore
>Try not to put too many cards on a sheet; this helps us get a more focused understanding of what kinds of things that a character does.

Some tips for doing this are:
>Don't put Legendaries on your sheet
>Gatherer has plenty of good search tools

Go nuts, it's your thing.

What's too many cards? Because I've seen some snowflakes cluttered with them. And if I do have a lot, would it be fine if they follow a particular theme?

Ideally, your card sets should be like

>Spells that your flake uses a lot. Regular, everyday stuff or go-tos, in all ranges of how they usually do their casting.
>Artifacts are basically gear that they carry around.

For spells, 9-12 is gettin' big. If you go higher than that, it gets messy.

The number of cards in is probably the tasteful limit. If you optimize space, they're still readable. If you don't, you get where it begins to become illegible.
The number of cards in is too many. While he makes them readable, he also hides their flavor with how he lays them out, forcing you to look them up or already know them if you want details.
The one I'm posting (although the flake itself is one of the better ones) has just too many spells and bad formatting to boot.

Settle on 9-12 as a sensible limit if you can capitalize on the preferred spells space. Settle on 4-8 if you're not so confident.

Gotcha. Thanks.

I'm going to make a flake that breaks ALL THOSE RULES.
Well, not the one about too many cards on a sheet.

Prepare to be cringed at and/or ridiculed.

I don't give a shit.
The flake isn't even a walker.

Cringing and ridiculing is 80% of the purpose of these threads.

Then why make it?

I have my reasons.

> I have my reasons to make another Myr Non-Walker Flake

I wasn't thinking too much about "Spells" when designing her. I just wanted to get the point across that "She's really good at manipulating aether 'energy' and artifacts"

Then put in a few good aether manipulation cards that fit how she would use energy.

Remember, not all instant, sorceries and even enchantments represent magic. A lot of them represent feats of strength, morale, tactics, invention or cleverness.

Fair enough. I'll probably do a bit of cleaning later then.

Don't you judge me. I might like it.

Let's play a game.

Who is your your favorite flake? You can't choose your own.

If you can't determine one, choose a "top 5."

Your flake, user. Your flake.

Mahurat
Nameless
Hroth
Salum
Zenaye

Probably Hazaur

I'm a sucker for sad old people.

Honorable mention to Rynz and Molgatha too

Seconded about Hazaur. He looks just like my Grandfather.

I unironically like all of them desu senpai.

>1 flake
GW
>2 flakes
W, B, R, G, WU, RG, RW, WUB, BGU, RWB, GWU
>3 flakes
U, UR, WBG, UBR, BRG, GUR
>4 flakes
WB, GU, RGW
>5 flakes
UB, BG, URW
>8 flakes
BR

So, this snowstorm hates hippies and has a massive boner for edgelords.

Choose a BR flake that best represents the black-red color combination and choose which one is the worst as well.
Additionally, spitball some ideas for GW flakes which aren't Selesnya hippies.

Zeres is my favorite of the BR flakes.
I don't want to chose a worse because no bully

I'd rather not artificially balance the colors. It gives a nice flavor to the storm to see what posters are into.

Wait nevermind, yes bully
The worst BR flake is pascobar. He's not black at all and he was only made by someone trying to prove a point. Making flakes just for the sake of making flakes or proving a point isn't something I'm fond of.

>hates hippies
Just because there's a lack of GW doesn't mean that there aren't other hippy flakes and peacemakers. Look again.

But Veeky Forums does love edgelords. The top four most populated color pairs all have black in them.

> black automatically means edgy
Give me a break. Sure, majority of the flakes that have black are probably edgelords. I'll give you that. But, that doesn't make black auto edgy.

And it fits, since GW is the pair most opposed to black

>tfw four of my flakes are mentioned as people's favorites
life is good

>tfw none of your flakes are mentioned

Consider making less.

Well, to be honest, look how many flakes there are.... which is kind of sad considering that I haven't made a single one for this snowstorm.

> confirmed to be Des-chan

>Mahurat
I'm so happy to see people love my indestructibird!

People are just happy to see a character from Amonkhet that isn't Samut.

who's flake is Petra Zavros ? my buddy just made a 3d sculpt of that concept art.

See . Just a throwaway flake made by someone.

>3D sculpting flakes

Wow

I want to be a snowflake like you guys

The art is taken from a F2P CCG called Shardbound.

Channel your autism here

Fly, child! Fly like there's no tomorrow!

>3D scuplpt of "Petra Zavros."
I wanna see.

So would I.

Anyone by chance have an invite to the discord? I'm making my first flake and I'd like some opinions.

Someone made a permanent invitation.

discord.gg/U75Uxwf

uh. I made one.

Hey, how much "Guild Hopping" can people do on Ravnica? I know Argus Kos ended up as an Azorius spirit once he died, and there were Angels who left Boros to join the Guildless, but could say, Boros and Selesnya intermingle? What about a Simic and Izzet making little Temur science babies?

...Jaya?

So she has functioning surgerical implants, but hasn't been corrupted by the oil? Or is she about to pull a Karn and drip a little everywhere she goes?

The latter.

RIP Theros.

You know I just loooooove sucking yo dick, nigga

Oil isn't an immediate apocalypse on whatever plane it ends up on. It might gradually become a serious problem but keep in mind, Mirrodin was the perfect incubator for the oil.

>drip oil on Zendikar
>A couple baloths get compleated
>they get vaporized by Ulamog along with all the oil

There's no evidence that oil would compleat anything that isn't at least partially metal. At most, it's probably toxic shit that kills normal organic creatures.

Melira's immune to it and can bestow immunity to it and the only thing special about her is her lack of metal bits.

Her lack of metal bits is because of her immunity to oil, not the other way around. The reason people on mirrodin HAVE metal bits is due to the mycosynth, which is fungal form glistening oil.

At this point, Eldrazi honestly don't see like that big a threat.

>Using Maro as an example.
Maro is the worst of Veeky Forums's phyrexiafags who's perpetually buttmad that they didn't let him direct the weatherlight saga and insists that Phyrexia will be the only villain who ever matters even though they're boring as shit.

He really needs to get over himself. Maybe he's been too busy with the MtG movie to fuck up Dominaria too badly.

I'm a huge MTG fan and my favorite Tribe is Merfolk. Wanna make a flake who's a Merfolk, but having trouble picking their colors(I play a dumb amount of multicolor Merfolk decks) Any suggestions?

Sultai.

For Ixalan I want dinosaur dragons; massive tyrannosaur looking things with wings and magic.

I like that, thank you.

Friendly reminder that the Orzhov are the best guild on Ravnica.

Wrong

>Simic
You keep your tentacles and beetle feelers to yourself buddy.