Smart

>smart
>strong af
>can grow to be as big as mountains
>immune to extreme intense heat, take naps in lava
>don't even need to breath
>have remained exactly the same for potentially a hundred millennia

why haven't Gorons ever taken over Hyrule? The Only Race to surpass them in any category are the Sheikah, and they fell from significance hard.

Why would they want to?

>>/v/

>don't even need to breath
But them not being able to swim is a thing in Majora's Mask. Hot springs sure, but they don't exactly swim in those.

Generally passive nature and dependancy on a very specific diet that can only be found in a single region in any game, and on top of that requiring massive amounts of it in order to support themselves.

in Twilight Princess one was able to chill out at the bottom of zoras domain without issue

Speaking of gorons in a fantasy race context, I think it works here

Also how the fuck would you stat a goron?

Cultural inertia. They really have had no reason to leave their homeland since there is a) zero to almost-zero competition and b) a steady supply of delicious food. This has resulted in a culture with an easy-go-lucky attitude and general lack of ambition, and coupled with the fact that the rest of Hyrule has a) tons of competition and b) shitty rocks, this gives them literally no reason to ever expand.

>can grow to be as big as mountains
Biggoron and Medigoron are never really explained, and they appear to be significant outliers.

Mind you, we know exactly fuck and all about Goron reproduction, despite seeing one baby and one descendant.

Because most of Hyrule isnt a mountain. Gorons feel at home in their mountain kingdoms, they have no real desire to live anywhere else. Plus they're pretty chill.

The Gorons in Gerudo town seemed confused as to why they were let in. I think Either male and female gorons are totally indistinguishable from each other to an outside observer, or female gorons don't exist and they reproduced by budding.

It makes sense to me. Conversely, the Gerudo are aggressive and skilled because they live in a place that has scarce resources including dick, so they have to fight for everything.

I honestly want to know how Gorons proliferate.

fpbp

A chip off the old block.

Why didn't ecuatorial cultures across the globe participate in as much war, conquest and exploration as northern or southern cultures?
When you live in your personal paradise you can afford to not give a shit about what's out there.

The same reason, why for example dwarfs never try to conquer the world. They are more focused on keeping and maintaining what the have, instead of wanting something new.

I thought that was because zebras can't be domesticated.

This. They don't need to conquer. They have all food they need without any problems until that Thief King blocked the Dodongo Cavern.

Who were the Aztecs and the Mayas?

That's a nice long list.
Shame it doesn't include "Chosen by the Goddess."

I would assume it's something like this.

They're lazy, friendly, and unconcerned with luxuries. They simply don't have the drive and cruelty to do what humans do to become dominant.

I gave up trying to homebrew a Zelda RPG system with playable Gorons because I realized how OP they would be.

Races in Zelda vary a little in abilities between the games. Note how BOTW Zora live a million years and age strangely, but in OOT they age like normal humans.

>not smarter than anyone else
>clumsy af
>can grow so big they don't fit into any interesting places
>extremely vulnerable to water, which is far more common than lava
>they definitely can drown
>not adaptable

>ecuatorial Africa
>Home of almost all of the big game
>what doesn't sneak into your camp at night to kill you will smash you into a paste just for being nearby
>Can hide in trees
>Trees have 3-6 inch razor spikes
>Personal paradise

>Home of almost all of the big game
Only because the natives didn't exterminate them early on. Everywhere else used to have tons of megafauna too. Humans just killed all of them to make more room for themselves.

You forgot the tsetse fly.

The natives didn't exterminate the big game of Africa because the big game had a chance to evolve alongside humanity and adapt to us.

Before the invention of gunpowder, how do you plan on killing a full-grown rhino, for example? It's skin is literally bulletproof to anything but high-powered rounds, your faggoty arrows and spears ain't gonna do shit.

I don't know user, how do you kill a wooly mammoth? Our ancestors managed it.

Mammoth hides are designed for staying warm, not repelling large predators. Your faggoty spears and arrows will harmlessly bounce off of a rhinoceros and then it will trample/gore you to death because it's an ornery hate machine.

Also a good deal of mammoth hunting involved driving them off cliffs. Cliffs are a rare thing in subsaharan africa.

Rhino skin is actually hilarious sensitive, user. I don't think you know much about the rhino.

Also, you do realize that relatives of the rhino of larger size lived in North America when the ancestors of the amerindians came over, right?

Why haven't they taken over Hyrule?

Gorons eat rocks. Any rocks.
Ganondorf once sealed of the cave where the "tastiest" rocks are with a bigger rock.
Gorons starved to death.

That alone should demonstrate that they don't have what it takes.

Another time, their chief was mind controlled and the entire goron army was beaten back by a few champions.

They have no reason to compete with other races because there's no resource conflict. Gorons eat rocks. They mostly hang around volcanoes, so it's safe to assume they only eat igneous rocks, and prefer fresh ones.

Other races eat plants/animals. That requires soil, flat ground, water, etc. Plants and animals don't grow very well on rocks, and don't have a high tolerance for lava.

Gorons haven't conquered Hyrule for the same reason why humans haven't built cities in Antarctica.

Considering humans have been farting around in sight of the north pole for eons, I think that if Antarctica was connected to/close to another continent, it probably would end up with its own Inuit analogue.

The resources that the Gorons want and the resources that literally everyone else want are mutually exclusive and often line up well in everyone's interest. Goron business centers around mining for rock and selling all the metal and precious gems they find along the way.

It's probably goddess fuckery, but the good guy races in Hyrule can always find common ground and don't compete directly with each other. They all live in different biomes and have resources they can trade around with each other.

Except for the three human races. Sheikah only don't compete with Hylians because they're brainwashed and only care about serving the royal family. And Gerudo, well, their conflict with the Hylians informed and was the original motivator of the series' most major villain.

Sheikah are integrated with the Hylians and have it pretty good for what amounts to a client state. They run their own affairs and are respected for what they bring to the Kingdom's table.

They go extinct.

Not because of the Hylians though.

Then who is at fault?

Who is at fault for declining birth rates and dwindling numbers? Probably the sheikah for not fucking hard enough.

They were probably overused as disposable assassins.

Can still be killed by normal weapons, outnumbered, breeds slowly even compared to humans.

By stressing it out, by surrounding it and all jabbing your spears at once so it stays in the same place?

Against who? In the era they were going extinct, the Gerudo had been reclusive and the monster races were mostly in the corners of the world. The Hylian king was pretty oblivious to the problems that were cropping up around his kingdom and then got Gannon'd.

If we assume BotW is the latest in the timeline the Sheikah are still around in Kakariko Village and the Tech Labs. There certainly aren't that many as there once was, but that applies to Hyrule in general by that point.

>and all look like they have down syndrome
don't care how strong you are i can't take you seriously if you look like a tard

What if they don't reproduce and instead carve new life out of rock, infusing it with the soul of a slain innocent as part of a deeply grotesque and secret ritual taught to them by the voice of the unknowable being who they keep trying to dig up every time the universal cycle restarts...

That 'unknowable being' was called Demise and he got his ass kicked into being a vague curse ages ago.

Oh, I didn't know any of that. I was just talking bullshit for funsies. The peaceful, benevolent race always has some dark secret.