>>>Enter Passcode: ****************
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to RunnerNet

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>What’s_hot_in_the_world_of_matrix_avatars.news
>Azzie_executes_prisoners_with_Viscera_Web.trid
>New_space_colony_opens_at_Earth_L3.news

Home Sweet Home Edition - Describe the living conditions and neighborhood or area around where your character lives their life when not on the job.

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 3999 (2% Positive)
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Day_of_the_rake.BTL...

>Shoot Straight
>Conserve Ammo
>Never cut a deal with a dragon

Other urls found in this thread:

chestofbooks.com/crafts/machinery/Shop-Practice-V2/Typical-Foundry-Management.html
commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Tooele_Smelter
youtu.be/xUVz4nRmxn4
youtu.be/P_SlAzsXa7E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Daily reminder to always geek the mage first.

My character lives in a truck with a slide in camper shell.

he was a retired criminal traveling around before he fell into shadowruning in Denver to make ends meet.

It's setup with chameleon coating, a grid link override, morphing license plates and run flat tires. Because traveling the divided states of America is dangerous enough even without enemies from the old days figuring out who you are.

>Describe the living conditions and neighborhood or area around where your character lives their life when not on the job.
My decker lives in Denver, PCC sector, in a modest (by his standards) pad when he's not crashing on a cot for his sleep regulated 3-hour power naps deep in the Denver Nexus datahaven mainframe terminal room. I say 'modest pad' because he took a big lifestyle drop when he got extracted from Boston and had his death staged so he could escape his Novatech megacorporate overlords. Turns out some things are more valuable than money to some folks even in the Sixth Age.

Corollary: always take care of your mage, and they'll take care of you.

How do you guys divy up loot? I'm the steet sam, and pretty much killed the entire lab last session while tanking three DRM shots that would've killed my teammates. I'm feeling a little gimped that I got the standard 1/5 of the job for it.

When do you all share equally, and when do you all give the hero of the run a higher cut? Do you ever demand a higher cut?

Or they'll mind control you to take care of them.

Equal cut all the time. Different cuts leads to arguments and arguments lead to bad feeling.
Sure you may have done the most work this time but there may be a run in the feature where you will do nothing and someone else will shine.You can not predict what will happen and what talents will be needed so you are paying for security. Share the loot, have their back and your team will do the same for you.
Also have not been tilted so much as when I read the comments in Street Grimoire and one of the shitposters was making arguments how mages should have bigger cuts than the rest of the team

>[0 dice] means they can't succeed at (or even roll) a swim test without spending edge.
They could swim, badly, with any kind of gear or situational bonus. If you gave them floaties, a kickboard, or just some strength boosting drugs, they could swim.

You should really baby your mage a little...Mages aren't as replaceable as the rest of the team. but other than that its dumb that anyone should have a bigger cut. You're a team for a reason. if you wanted a bigger share for doing more of the work you would be a merc or doing contract work.

As for neighborhoods. That depends on where he's parking, right now I think it's a low-end-but-not-warzone-or-barrens type neighborhood near where his new running partners have their apartment. I tried to look up where in Denver that is on the city map the GM gave us but I can't find it.

Still no State of the ADL pdf?

Equal cuts. If someone steals something and someone on the team wants it for personal use (My team stole a Custom Look Minigun once, shit was cash) let them have it.

That said, it infuriates me to no end when non-augmented characters bring up how much money they have stashed with nothing to spend it on. Its money, you can get safehouses, upgrade the team's van, buy a fucking TacNet, roleplay meticulously laundering it to pay for your child's future/spending it on drugs and troll hookers. Just don't sit on it and complain about how much you have while the Street Sam or Rigger are saving up for new toys.

Equal *after* maintenance and /reasonable/ ammunition expenses.

If I lose a fire support drone covering your ass and you don't die as a result, I expect that shit to be taken care of. Same with ammunition and used medical, as long as the people with guns aren't spraying APDS around like idiots.

I once spent 15000 nuyen on a shitton of silver body glitter so i could dump it all over another runners house.
Like the entire thing was covered in it.

Does shooting a mage with 60 rounds of APDS before he dies count as reasonable?

Yes.

The fucker's a mage.

Last night's session:

> Break into mental asylum to rescue HVT
> Super eerie, no one around
> Make it to our HVT
> PA system turns on, BBEG knows we were here all along, etc
> Party getaway driver hands off the HVT to party muscle, turns around and over the following rounds say
> "Take this guy and make like a Dodge and Scoot"
> "This situation sure GMC Escaladed"
> "We gotta sound like an Echo and Zip"
> "I'm the Dodge General, I'm in Command"
> "Make like an Esprit and Watch the hallway"
> "Your as broad as an Ares Mule"

Fucking rigger puns

>living conditions & neighborhood
a low lifestyle trailer in a new orleans trailer park. a hell hound puppy lives in it. Ork mom with wanna be gang banger children next door, park is owned by a smuggler, neighbor is clearly high all the time, the other dead eyes everything because he's blind.

>Describe the living conditions and neighborhood or area around where your character lives their life when not on the job.

It's a home doubling as a clinic, literally no furniture save for a couch where he sleeps. Right now the place around it is pretty bombed out, and controlled by militarized gangers. There's also a blood spirit living across the street in a forest that's somehow there.

Yes, because it's a fucking mage. extreme force when dealing with enemy mages is not just encouraged, it's EXPECTED.

Where is my Rastafarian space station?

They can't afford one. They don't roll deep like Mormons do.

This is how my groups typically roll. Equal cuts on everything unless someone lost something catastrophic, then the team chips in from their cuts to offset the cost of repair/replacement if its something that can't be repaired or replaced in-house.

>not using depleted uranium

try harder

Given that APDS is a 12F availability, what makes you think they're not already composed of depleted uranium penetrators like modern APFSDS tank rounds are?

Then again, -4 is kind of shitty if that's the case, so you might be onto something.

DU is it's own separate type of round with something like 28F availability.

Hard Targets pg 188-189

My dude lives in an earthbag house about an hour outside the city. He says that he built it himself, but he summoned spirits to do a lot of the heavy lifting. Has a nice little courtyard with a cactus garden and some solar panels in it. Modeled the whole thing with Trust Fund to represent how it had an initial cost to build but basically no upkeep, and how he makes a little moonshine from the agave to sell.

Makes me wonder what's in plain Jane APDS then. Tungsten?

Tungsten

All that talk last thread got me thinking about making a blood mage, but... how do you get blood magic to be available in chummer? Can't so much as get the sacrifice metamagic without getting hit with an error.

Be careful in letting team members take smaller cuts than the rest of the team. Once or twice is fine if someone else really needs the money that badly, but know that that motherfucker is keeping score. Sooner or later, he's gonna want it all back and when he does, he's going to cite just how much he's sacrificed for the team and how much the rest of the team owes him.

>got me thinking about making a blood mage
don't

You need better chums omae

Buzz off, I can't even make an NPC sheet for one right now.

please give context for each.

You can't really start as one, because you need to intiate to get that first metamagic.

And by default, you can't initiate in creation. I guess you should ask if your weapon focus can be an Athame and then save up to get that first metamagic.

And then on your second, get a blood metamagic. You don't want to be known as one because there's a good stretch of bad history behind blood that's going to have everyone looking at you in a bad, bad light.

And then your finger changes shape over the years and the ring gets stuck.

Oh, I see what I missed. According to Chummer I need "Art: Blood Magic" before I can grab the mandatory sacrifice.

>You don't want to be known as one because there's a good stretch of bad history behind blood that's going to have everyone looking at you in a bad, bad light.

The Draco Foundation pays a big bounty for living blood mages. If you're already the kind of psycho who would become a blood mage on purpose, I doubt any team would feel bad about cashing in. If they're morally dubious, then they'll see you as a payday split one fewer ways. If they're upstanding rebels, they'll see taking you in as getting some bad blood out of the streets.

>And then your finger changes shape over the years and the ring gets stuck.
chummer, you do know that you are supposed to take it off sometimes?

Just remember that as far back as the annotated will, it was thought to be more of a secretive bounty list than just a blanket thing.

So you may not be walking out with that full amount, same with the toxic bounty.

Or you may, and the list actually has higher numbers. Who knows? Other than the Shadow, of course.

>>The Draco Foundation pays a big bounty for living blood mages.
Ten thousand for the average chump blood mage is hardly a "big bounty".

> If you're already the kind of psycho who would become a blood mage on purpose, I doubt any team would feel bad about cashing in.
What about the self-sacrifical blood mages?

Well, a life magic guy probably gets studied somewhere more on the side of interrogation and less on the side of vivisection.

The actual movers and shakers in the DIMR will definitely want to know who resurrected that old art, if only to figure out why. Also to make plans for it, especially with the crystals also making a comeback.

But perhaps they'll find a way to get some use out of letting self-sacrifice guys go by having 'em help power the Dragonheart again.

CGL retcons of FASA lore in favor of magewank are bullshit.

>who resurrected that old art, if only to figure out why.
Life magic's described as something that can spontaneously arise from Awakened people who otherwise aren't dedicated blood mages. Well, I personally read it as a fancy effect for burning edge, but you know.

But CGL is bringing things more in line with Earthdawn. The magic's coming back, omae.

>bait

Fine, I'll nibble. Magic works on a cycle of thousands of goddamn years idiot. It progressing this quickly is bullshit unless CGL forgets that the focus of Shadowrun is supposed to be on cyberpunk, not 3.P.

Okay, it'd be a big bounty if Draco Foundation weren't poorfags.

The Great Ghost Dance jumpstarted things.

Don't worry, the average psycho king-fucker blood mage still brings in the big bucks of 300k nuyen. Honestly, I like the nerf because, playable blood mages aside, it makes it more feasible to have blood mage antagonists as anything other than final bosses for runners to beat up and retire off of.

True, but given the people involved, it probably doesn't pay to assume that they're not going to be operating under at least a little bit of paranoia. It's debatable on how much over or under the appropriate amount they'd be working with for now.

In the long run, I don't think anyone really wants to have a face to face with VERJIGORM in the next few millennia.

>GGD
>Not the Azzies and their blood magic

Now I know you're just full of shit.

How can I squeeze as much cyberware and magical bullshit into my !not-cyberzombie?
How do I make myself a slightly unstable but very useful credit to the team?
I wish to be meatshield bros with the mage and decker.

>True, but given the people involved, it probably doesn't pay to assume that they're not going to be operating under at least a little bit of paranoia.
Fair enough. Mind you, it might make it easier for them to show up, but horrors still hated blood magic when it was used against them.

>I don't think anyone really wants to have a face to face with VERJIGORM in the next few millennia.

C'mon omae, how could you possibly hate a guy who's basically the purest incarnation of the Dragonslayer mentor spirit? No metaphorical dragons, just straight-up dragon slayin'. Look at him!

It's what's mentioned in Forbidden Arcana as the kick-starting event. Take it or leave it as the justification. I like it because it provides that much more retroactive weight for the NAN's continued existence.

Bone Lacing, Cyberlimbs with Armor (partials for max cheeze), and Orthoskin. Get yourself some adapsin, better 'ware grades, and hope you have the die pools to resist the drugs you're going to be popping.

Nothing guns can't cure.

>Forbidden Arcana

Found the problem.

>slighty unstable

>slightly
If you don't have a Code of Honor, and have the GM needle you endlessly over it every session hoping to make you break into a cyberpsychotic fit, you don't have enough ware.

Well, of course.
How else would you make waves?

Concussion grenades in a swimming pool works every time.

>cyberzombies

Ah, yes. Texan fishing.

Mostly works, until it spreads fucking zebra mussels to another lake.

Rings like this can be a serious problem in emergency situations. If the finger swells, or the ring is misshapen even slightly, your garden variety hospital dose not have the equipment to cut it away, which can cause the loss of finger that would otherwise have been easily saved, since rings in just about any other material are fairly trivial to cut.

Marriage is a risk. Besides, titanium rings are popular too, and they pose the same hazard.

i stepped on one of those once when i was 5 or 6. Sliced right through the skin of my left big toe with zero resistance as i was wading around my uncle's pier.

tungsten rings will actually shatter the moment they bend slightly. That way when something crushes ur hand, the ring won't have to be cut off to save the finger's circulation.

that's really the whole point of tungsten bands. They won't cause you to lose a finger if they get smushed.

You can have -.99 essence with the right qualities
it involves a 'free' essence worth of bioware and 5.99 worth after that so bring lots of nuyen.

I never saw that anime.
EYE divine cybermancy, though, is HARD cyberzombie. They use cybernecromancy, for crying out loud.

You gain brozouf

And then when people put it back on, they try to push it down to the same position it always occupies, but knuckles swell imperceptibly so they can't pull it back off. People get rings stuck on their hands all the time. At least you can break tungsten, it's not one of those retarded rings where people lose their fingers because it can't be removed.

Yeah, like when you see your mistriss. It's only polite.

How viable are blood-crystal adepts versus, say, cyber or bio-adepts?

Does anyone have some good maps of foundries or know where to find them?
GIS has proven incredibly useless

You mean like a blueprint of a foundry floor?

yes
Doesn't even have to be incredibly exact

chestofbooks.com/crafts/machinery/Shop-Practice-V2/Typical-Foundry-Management.html

It's a simple plan but all the elements are there.

Thanks for the link
Do you maybe also have a map of a smelter?

Like the actual smelter or the smelting process?

the entire smelting facility

The run I'm planning will involve a former plant where the raw material was smelted, put into raw form and then partially stored and sent out and partially moulded into final products

commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Tooele_Smelter

Thanks, omae. Really helped me out.

Tungsten carbide is brittle, it shatters. Tungsten by itself might be ductile, like many other metals, I'm not sure.

If you'll be doing it either way, might as well not risk them taking the drain to mindrape you.

Unless you're into that, I guess.

anybody got a shadowrun photo equivalent of this?

Bandit's Roost was a place off of Mulberry street in Manhattan NYC in the 1870's 80's and 90's

Hey /srg/, how exactly does orthoskin work? Is it like a permant alteration to your skin? Does your body naturally grow it back if it gets damaged? Is it minor genetic alteration? Am I overthinking this?

Was the extraction from Boston something that happened in game or something that happened in backstory?

Orthoskin is basically a thin web of bio-material that's quite strong and it's put into the skin.

It doesn't grow back if damaged, normally, but also normally, if it's getting damaged you were probably in a situation that should have been fatal.

Like you got injected with something that could have been really bad but instead just fucked with your orthoskin. Or you got enough skin removed that you probably should be a corpse. Or took enough shotgun shells to the gut that by all rights your insides should be outsides of you.

Technically not Shadowrun (I wanna say it's from Interface Zero?), but I like this art.

that girl on the far right wants to fuck

Both, really. The concept was born in backstory, but it was played out as a pre-game thing between just me and the GM, none of my group were a part of the extraction team. Two years have elapsed since the extraction and no one in my team knows the circumstances or that I used to be a corporate security troubleshooter (this was before GOD existed in the WMI, it came into being in 2075 and I was extracted in 2074; actual game takes place in 2077 where I am a mostly-happy Denver citizen). My decker was a bring-forward from 4.0, where he lived and worked in Boston, but the GM wants to run his game in Los Angeles so I figured I needed to get a lot closer and with fewer borders, so we cooked this up to explain the move and why I'm living in the PCC and not UCAS anymore. At any rate, UCAS and NeoNET think I'm dead and I left pretty much my entire left arm and my original cyberdeck behind in a really big car bombing to prove it and no one's the wiser that I'm merrily punishing the megas for turning my Matrix into a Big Brother sex dungeon while hiding under a big scary dragon and a Rating 5 fake SIN.

youtu.be/xUVz4nRmxn4
Are slum level runners just kids with guns?

These brats are all destined to be Halloweeners.

Sometimes, but you can also get a novacoke addict with a blunt object.

youtu.be/P_SlAzsXa7E
Have you ever ended up dating one of your rivals?

How do runners dress for 35-40 C heat?

Short shorts and a tanktop assuming that's as hot as i think it is when translated to american.
That said my runner is a face who can make that kind of outfit work.

Yeah, I was thinking like 90-100F.

I'm pretty sure my groups face would try to make that work. He's a male dwarf.